Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 414   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1255676 times)
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5415 on: December 14, 2019, 11:28:06 PM »

Very good point.  I think they might be comparing a photo of her standing for an anthem to a photo of her talking to a guest...two totally different things that call for completely different body language.  And of course her jewelry and orders are more up to the Queen than up to her.  Also the “pretty princess” gown is actually better suited to her body type as it helps to balance her wide shoulders and narrow hips. 

All that being said...of course someone would be nervous at their first state event. 

One of my complaints is that because she (and William) was so coddled it’s taken far longer for her to get comfortable.  Nine years and she’s only attended 4 of the 14 state visits and 6 of the 10 diplomatic receptions since her engagement.  The BRF need to understand that there’s a difference between throwing someone into the deep end unsupported, coddling fully grown adults, and offering proper support to accomplish age and position appropriate goals.  Had they done so then perhaps Kate would have shaken the nerves by 5 years rather than by 9.

While I agree in theory, I can see why, at least in part, The BRF handled Will and Kate like they did. As you said, Will was coddled, and I will add spoilt, most of his life. He would have been so even if certain events in his life had not transpired. That led in a large part to William being let have his own way in how much he and by extension Kate, would work. Treated him with kid gloves and walked on eggshells around him, they did. Second, there were complications, large and small with three previous married ins, not counting Tim Lawrence or Autumn Kelly. I think they very much wanted no problems whatsoever with W&K, and so let them make their own schedule.

If Will had been of a different temperament, less spoilt and less stubborn, we'd have seen Will working more before and after marriage, and Kate be eased in on a faster timetable.

This is a number of reasons why William, and by extension Harry, were given such a slow introduction to full-time royal work:

1. They weren't needed as there were plenty of royals able to do the work

2. The belief that if Diana and Sarah had had the chance to be more 'just a wife and mother' for the first five or so years of their marriages they may have had a greater chance of success

3. The fact Diana died - and left the princes extremely wealthy men and so able to leave the BRF if they so wished ... by marrying without consent and so any subsequent children would be illegitimate (the new act makes it so that the marriage is legal and children legitimate but out of the line of succession in perpetuity while the old act said that the 'marriage' wasn't a real marriage and any children were illegitimate and so still out of the line of succession)

4. The fact that both The Queen and Charles had been forced into royal duties while still trying to be parents of young children and they both felt that the 'family' side of their lives suffered as did the children. They didn't want a repeat if possible.

5. Basically The Queen and Charles looked at what the past generations had had happen and what had gone wrong as a result and so were determined to let things happen differently for Charles' sons in the hope that the sons would end up in better marriages and also be more supportive of the family

Aubiette

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5416 on: December 15, 2019, 02:24:23 AM »

Great post luvcharles! Hopefully the Queen and Charles learned from the past and had a part in this but I’m sure Will after experiencing his own childhood had a very big say in it. (and I don’t blame him!) Also Kate being raised in a normal fashion has her own say in it as well.
I believe Kate is a very hands on mom and is raising these children herself, along with Will and surely that is best for the children and the monarchy. I know they have Maria but even for the reception the other night there were pics of Kates mom coming to babysit so who knows how much help they utilize.
I’m glad they were given time to settle into married life and have 3 children in 7 years or so and actually raise those children. They are working more but I’m sure they will continue to do it around the kids schedules as much as possible until Charles becomes King.
We also don’t know all of the ‘work’ that goes on behind the scenes as well. No one knew about Wills Duchy trips for example. I don’t think they sit around eating bon bons all day and they aren’t gallivanting all over the world on vacations and hobnobbing with celebrities every other weekend thank goodness. 
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5417 on: December 15, 2019, 05:48:37 AM »

Very good point.  I think they might be comparing a photo of her standing for an anthem to a photo of her talking to a guest...two totally different things that call for completely different body language.  And of course her jewelry and orders are more up to the Queen than up to her.  Also the “pretty princess” gown is actually better suited to her body type as it helps to balance her wide shoulders and narrow hips. 

All that being said...of course someone would be nervous at their first state event. 

One of my complaints is that because she (and William) was so coddled it’s taken far longer for her to get comfortable.  Nine years and she’s only attended 4 of the 14 state visits and 6 of the 10 diplomatic receptions since her engagement.  The BRF need to understand that there’s a difference between throwing someone into the deep end unsupported, coddling fully grown adults, and offering proper support to accomplish age and position appropriate goals.  Had they done so then perhaps Kate would have shaken the nerves by 5 years rather than by 9.

While I agree in theory, I can see why, at least in part, The BRF handled Will and Kate like they did. As you said, Will was coddled, and I will add spoilt, most of his life. He would have been so even if certain events in his life had not transpired. That led in a large part to William being let have his own way in how much he and by extension Kate, would work. Treated him with kid gloves and walked on eggshells around him, they did. Second, there were complications, large and small with three previous married ins, not counting Tim Lawrence or Autumn Kelly. I think they very much wanted no problems whatsoever with W&K, and so let them make their own schedule.

If Will had been of a different temperament, less spoilt and less stubborn, we'd have seen Will working more before and after marriage, and Kate be eased in on a faster timetable.

This is a number of reasons why William, and by extension Harry, were given such a slow introduction to full-time royal work:

1. They weren't needed as there were plenty of royals able to do the work

2. The belief that if Diana and Sarah had had the chance to be more 'just a wife and mother' for the first five or so years of their marriages they may have had a greater chance of success

3. The fact Diana died - and left the princes extremely wealthy men and so able to leave the BRF if they so wished ... by marrying without consent and so any subsequent children would be illegitimate (the new act makes it so that the marriage is legal and children legitimate but out of the line of succession in perpetuity while the old act said that the 'marriage' wasn't a real marriage and any children were illegitimate and so still out of the line of succession)

4. The fact that both The Queen and Charles had been forced into royal duties while still trying to be parents of young children and they both felt that the 'family' side of their lives suffered as did the children. They didn't want a repeat if possible.

5. Basically The Queen and Charles looked at what the past generations had had happen and what had gone wrong as a result and so were determined to let things happen differently for Charles' sons in the hope that the sons would end up in better marriages and also be more supportive of the family

:star:luvcharles
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5418 on: December 28, 2019, 12:17:16 AM »

https://www.townandcountr...wives-open-letter-photos/

This is about Kate’s midwife work awhile back. As a nurse I find it particularly wonderful. 
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5419 on: December 28, 2019, 02:05:03 AM »

Catherine's letter.

https://www.royal.uk/open...uchess-cambridge-midwives
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5420 on: December 28, 2019, 02:52:27 AM »

I think given the current political situation regarding the NHS in the UK, I think Kate's letter is not only gratitious and kind, but is also supportive. I know she can't be political, but her supporting nurses and midwives is quite telling. It also seems she was pretty hands on in her work, which I hope will impact her own work for years to come. People working in the medical profession are heroes, and they deserve such public applaud for their work!  Thumb up
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5421 on: December 28, 2019, 05:03:51 AM »

Wonderful to see her recognise and honour this work.  Champagne
Lemon drizzle

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5422 on: December 28, 2019, 09:41:59 AM »

As a nurse I'm pleased to see the profession recognized and supported in this way. There's a whole page about this visit with pictures in the Daily Telegraph newspaper.. My only criticism  is she should have had  her hair tied up/back when in the wards. Royal hair carries just as many germs.   
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5423 on: December 28, 2019, 10:20:35 PM »

With her support for nursing, Kate continues one of the most significant traditions of royal women in Great Britain. Queen Victoria's daughters all had important roles in shaping the profession, her granddaughters continued it and brought it to other countries. It was real, personal involvement, not just smiling benevolently to the cameras in some hospital ward. I'm impressed with Kate, this last year has really brought her a huge step closer to her future role. For me, this puts the past years into perspective. It took her time to adapt, okay, but now that she seems to have made the transition, she's doing a good job in highlighting important issues.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5424 on: December 29, 2019, 07:11:34 AM »

With her support for nursing, Kate continues one of the most significant traditions of royal women in Great Britain. Queen Victoria's daughters all had important roles in shaping the profession, her granddaughters continued it and brought it to other countries. It was real, personal involvement, not just smiling benevolently to the cameras in some hospital ward. I'm impressed with Kate, this last year has really brought her a huge step closer to her future role. For me, this puts the past years into perspective. It took her time to adapt, okay, but now that she seems to have made the transition, she's doing a good job in highlighting important issues.

I agree. This is a safe and traditional yet important subject and she's doing well with it. 
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5425 on: December 30, 2019, 04:10:25 AM »

And supportive of the medical community in general as well as mothers and babies...all big demographics :-D
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #5426 on: December 30, 2019, 11:32:50 AM »

Very well written letter. Clear sentence-structure, simple expressions and vocabulary, she focuses on the actual work and that it's all about. She doesn't try to impress the public with her vocabulary nor she makes it all about herself but she highlitghs the work of nurses and midwives while she expresses her excitement for learning from them. Very thoughtful letter and it seems as an honest approach.

CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5427 on: December 31, 2019, 03:10:19 AM »

Either Waity took some lessons on how to write a proper letter or somebody else wrote this for her.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #5428 on: December 31, 2019, 09:04:17 AM »

Very well written letter. Clear sentence-structure, simple expressions and vocabulary, she focuses on the actual work and that it's all about. She doesn't try to impress the public with her vocabulary nor she makes it all about herself but she highlitghs the work of nurses and midwives while she expresses her excitement for learning from them. Very thoughtful letter and it seems as an honest approach.

I don't think that Kate ever wanted to outshine anyone. I'd believe she'd gladly go for the quiet housewife thing.

I'm happy that she's come into her own.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #5429 on: December 31, 2019, 10:14:56 AM »

great letter, indeed. Who wrote it?

Was it one of IAMDiana's secretaries?

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 414   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: