Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 405   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1215793 times)
Aubiette

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5925 on: February 14, 2020, 09:24:44 PM »

Duplicate delete
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #5926 on: February 14, 2020, 11:01:43 PM »

Kate took part in the Happy Mum Happy Baby podcast by Giovanna Fletcher. Giovanna joined Kate in Birmingham where she launched the survey and at the London nursery where she helped with the breakfast

whiplashhx

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5927 on: February 14, 2020, 11:25:24 PM »

does anyone know where we could listen? or is it exclusive to the UK?

ETA

googled around about it and apparently getting kate on her podcast has been something she has been wanting to happen.

https://www.hellomagazine...interview-kate-middleton/
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #5928 on: February 14, 2020, 11:29:48 PM »

I don't know about when it will be released but we should get more details when KP tweets about it
whiplashhx

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5929 on: February 14, 2020, 11:31:01 PM »

apparently she uploads them on youtube! (obviously not up yet but if anyone is interested in looking a past videos)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Giovannasworld/videos
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #5930 on: February 14, 2020, 11:31:58 PM »

It airs tomorrow at 4pm

The Duchess of Cambridge has joined @MrsGiFletcher for an episode of ‘Happy Mum, Happy Baby’ to talk about her landmark #5BigQuestions survey — the special podcast will be released on Saturday 15th February at 4pm GMT.On ‘Happy Mum, Happy Baby’ The Duchess and Giovanna discuss the importance of the early years, their shared experiences as parents, and the #5BigQuestions survey.

From HELLO:

In her most revealing chat to date, the Duchess will talk about her passion for the early years, her aims for her online survey '5 Big Questions on the Under Fives' and bringing up her three children. When asked what parts of her childhood she would want to give her own children, the Duchess recalled happy memories with her grandmother, who did arts and crafts and cooking with Kate and her siblings Pippa and James Middleton.

The Duchess said: "If I take the experience from my own childhood, coupled with what I know now and what I’ve learnt from the experts in the Early Years sector, I think there's a few things that really stand out for me.

"One is quality of relationships. So, those moments that you spend with people that are around you. I remember that from my own childhood. I had an amazing Granny who devoted a lot of time to us, playing with us, doing arts and crafts and going to the greenhouse to do gardening, and cooking with us, and I try and incorporate a lot of the experiences that she gave us at the time into the experiences that I give my children now.

"There are also the environments you spend time in as well: a happy home, a safe environment. As children, we spent a lot of time outside and it's something I'm really passionate about. I think it's so great for physical and mental wellbeing and laying [developmental] foundations. It's such a great environment to spend time in, building those quality relationships without the distractions of 'I've got to cook' and 'I've got to do this.' And actually, it's so simple."

Speaking about the survey, visits and the podcast, Giovanna said: "It doesn't matter who you are, what you have, or where you come from - we’re all trying to do our best with our children while continuously doubting our decisions and wondering if we’re getting it completely wrong. Talking helps unite us all.

"Having been with the Duchess of Cambridge on a couple of engagements to celebrate the launch of the 5 Big Questions survey, it was clear how passionate she is about the Early Years. It was then beyond wonderful to sit and talk further about the survey, her work – for which she has so much knowledge, and her own experiences of being a mother. This is a very special episode of the podcast and I’m very excited for people to hear it."

Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #5931 on: February 14, 2020, 11:48:15 PM »

apparently she uploads them on youtube! (obviously not up yet but if anyone is interested in looking a past videos)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Giovannasworld/videos

Oh good. Hopefully I can listen to it!
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #5932 on: February 14, 2020, 11:54:16 PM »

I'd love if this early childhood movement would recognize that not every parent has the ability to take their kids outside like this and not worry about work or cooking or everything. It sounds a bit disconnected from the reality of many mothers and fathers. I know there are city farms and city gardens and things - promoting accessibility to them for lower income families could be good. I grew up on both ends of the spectrum so as a child I saw both - the more privileged, upper middle class life in a city then raised by a single parent with no money.

I also wish William would get involved and discuss how important it is that men are equal partners in marriage and in parenting. That is also so vital to children's upbringing, whether it be a father or a male role model in a child's life.

The podcast sounds like it will be good.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
GoodGollyMissMolly

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #5933 on: February 15, 2020, 01:37:33 AM »

Why the repeated jeggings ? It is not as though she can't afford a more tailored look ..... just look at all the "ladies who lunch" they would not cheapen their look with Walmart style stuff

A lot of “ladies who lunch” in her age range absolutely wear jeggings regularly. Especially in the United States.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5934 on: February 15, 2020, 01:49:54 AM »

Kate with a snake.

She needs all the practice she can get, dealing with transatlantic vipers.

LOOOL  Star

Chandrasekhi

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5935 on: February 15, 2020, 02:02:58 PM »

I'd love if this early childhood movement would recognize that not every parent has the ability to take their kids outside like this and not worry about work or cooking or everything. It sounds a bit disconnected from the reality of many mothers and fathers. I know there are city farms and city gardens and things - promoting accessibility to them for lower income families could be good. I grew up on both ends of the spectrum so as a child I saw both - the more privileged, upper middle class life in a city then raised by a single parent with no money.

I also wish William would get involved and discuss how important it is that men are equal partners in marriage and in parenting. That is also so vital to children's upbringing, whether it be a father or a male role model in a child's life.

Kate is widely reported to be the one who cooks for the family even though they have a retinue of every manner of house-hold help. In the context of the discussion, I am going to be generous and say she probably meant being in the now, enjoying that play-time together, without worrying about chores/activities that still needed doing.
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5936 on: February 15, 2020, 05:28:36 PM »

Thank you! This is my biggest problem with Kate’s involvement, I think she wants every child to have what she had and what she can give her children, but the sad reality is that for millions of parents and kids it’s not possible or practical and that’s where there’s a huge disconnect between her and the cause she’s promoting.  It’s all a wonderful idea and very idyllic, but we need more suggestions of how to achieve it, where parents can go with their kids that are accessible and free or cheap to access. 

I have a friend who has just started up a Forest School, which is amazing and I’d love to see these promoted more.  I’m a big naysayer on her five questions schtick, it’s too general for me, I’d love practical answers on how mr and Mrs average achieve this idyllic childhood when they’re working, with limited resources and time.
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5937 on: February 15, 2020, 05:39:10 PM »

Thank you! This is my biggest problem with Kate’s involvement, I think she wants every child to have what she had and what she can give her children, but the sad reality is that for millions of parents and kids it’s not possible or practical and that’s where there’s a huge disconnect between her and the cause she’s promoting.  It’s all a wonderful idea and very idyllic, but we need more suggestions of how to achieve it, where parents can go with their kids that are accessible and free or cheap to access. 

I have a friend who has just started up a Forest School, which is amazing and I’d love to see these promoted more.  I’m a big naysayer on her five questions schtick, it’s too general for me, I’d love practical answers on how mr and Mrs average achieve this idyllic childhood when they’re working, with limited resources and time.

Perhaps they’ll address more specific issues after they get the general questions asked.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #5938 on: February 15, 2020, 05:41:59 PM »

Perhaps they’ll address more specific issues after they get the general questions asked.

ITA, they should get the general issues sorted first before they go into specifics for different situations.

Better to go slowly and be able to adjust accordingly than to go fast and be unable to adapt.

Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5939 on: February 15, 2020, 05:50:44 PM »

My biggest concern with the survey is just how general and limited the information gathered is.  Did anyone on here take it?  I'm not from the UK so I didn't but I wonder if it include basic demographic information gathering so answers can be sorted to be better understood the results.  People from urban setting will have different answers than those from rural settings.  Just like those with children may have different answers than those without.  The respondents education, income, age, race, marital status, number of children, age of children, etc. will impact their answers and if basic sorting can't be done then the projects selected based on the results will only have a limited and like largely ineffectual outcome.  What's needed in one setting isn't in another just like what works in one doesn't in another.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 405   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: