Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 512   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1778394 times)
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #7425 on: June 12, 2021, 03:29:49 PM »

How wonderful. That is partnership. So Kate CAN work with Americans.  Roll Eyes
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #7426 on: June 12, 2021, 03:49:51 PM »

I love Kate’s dress, although I agree that she doesn’t need the shoulder pads at all. The volume at the top makes her look even thinner than she actually is. Anyway, she looks gorgeous, and so comfortable in the presence of a heavy-weight like Dr. Biden! It’s so nice to see how much Kate has grown and matured.

100%. I think back to how uncomfortable she and William both used to be in diplomatic situations like  these. I really appreciate growth in people. No matter the speed or scale, I can still appreciate it.

LarLa

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #7427 on: June 12, 2021, 04:28:31 PM »

Op Ed on CNN this morning from Kate and Jill Biden. Hoping to see more of them together with this shared cause.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/...dhood-covid-19/index.html
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7428 on: June 12, 2021, 05:05:41 PM »

she still looks very thin.  i think it's more pronounced because she is not a small-boned woman (not that she's big-boned).

i like the dress and it's color, though not sure about the fit.

She doesn't have the "movie star ratio" of proportions. But she's 5'8-9(?) with narrow hips and long slim torso and trim legs.  Her only "big" structure is her shoulders which aren't big just look so when compared to her slim hips. 

She takes a lot of effort in staying fit. Theres a pressure for women to stay thin in these roles, I wouldn't wish Duchess of Pork comments on anyone and she wasn't even very big when they started.

And this dress is lightyears better than the dropwaist 80s styles she's been rocking.  The deep bright pink is great as well.
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7429 on: June 17, 2021, 10:22:13 PM »

Ten years in the making…

https://twitter.com/kensi.../1405607620489236482?s=21
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #7430 on: June 17, 2021, 10:29:16 PM »

I'm interested (skeptically) to hear what these new developments and discoveries are.  I've been teaching 20+ years and I've seen so many times when someone comes up with the next, latest, greatest, groundbreaking, transformational discovery that in reality is nothing more than common sense, repackaged.

Good on her for supporting children and the early years, but don't most people know that the early years are important?  And the ones who somehow don't...are they going to be influenced by a member of the royal family?

I'll be delighted to be proved wrong, truly I will! 
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7431 on: June 18, 2021, 12:14:50 AM »

God bless her and this initiative. Slow and steady wins the race. Cordelia yes there are always too many people who need to hear again that early childhood matters and for all sorts of reasons. These royal initiatives are rarely for you and me in the middle classes and above they are for people who have a real hole in their lives or an uphill climb I mean that is the role of a modern monarchy for me to bridge those gaps and there are sectors of society who will always need to hear this. She has a big megaphone and her work will supplement and support the work of those already on the front line and just getting a public figure to say things very clearly can open up grant money and other things that otherwise wouldn't be targeting people who need this work. Go Kate go.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #7432 on: June 18, 2021, 12:18:22 AM »

God bless her and this initiative. Slow and steady wins the race. Cordelia yes there are always too many people who need to hear again that early childhood matters and for all sorts of reasons. These royal initiatives are rarely for you and me in the middle classes and above they are for people who have a real hole in their lives or an uphill climb I mean that is the role of a modern monarchy for me to bridge those gaps and there are sectors of society who will always need to hear this. She has a big megaphone and her work will supplement and support the work of those already on the front line and just getting a public figure to say things very clearly can open up grant money and other things that otherwise wouldn't be targeting people who need this work. Go Kate go.

Thank you for this explanation of why this is important and how it can in fact be a much needed initiative, and not just repeating what (should) already be known!   Champagne

I always appreciate it when people take the time to explain their opinions...gives me much to think about!  Smiley
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7433 on: June 18, 2021, 12:43:26 AM »

There is more coming soon. Midnight UK time I believe. Twitter rumors of speech, research center, etc.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7434 on: June 18, 2021, 12:51:42 AM »

I'm interested (skeptically) to hear what these new developments and discoveries are.  I've been teaching 20+ years and I've seen so many times when someone comes up with the next, latest, greatest, groundbreaking, transformational discovery that in reality is nothing more than common sense, repackaged.

Good on her for supporting children and the early years, but don't most people know that the early years are important?  And the ones who somehow don't...are they going to be influenced by a member of the royal family?

Cordelia Fitzgerald-Based upon the conversations that I've had with outside and even inside  our field, there is a significant percentage that does not truly recognize the need for early childhood education and support. It's merely viewed as "babysitting." These are people who have university degrees, their own children and grandchildren, run the entire length of the political spectrum and still they don't see the value in early education and intervention when needed.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #7435 on: June 18, 2021, 01:00:15 AM »

Cordelia Fitzgerald-Based upon the conversations that I've had with outside and even inside  our field, there is a significant percentage that does not truly recognize the need for early childhood education and support. It's merely viewed as "babysitting." These are people who have university degrees, their own children and grandchildren, run the entire length of the political spectrum and still they don't see the value in early education and intervention when needed.

That's really shocking to hear.  If that mentality is widespread, then by all means there is a need for this initiative.  That must be so frustrating to have conversations with people who think that way...you must walk away shaking your head in disbelief.  And probably fairly disheartened, too.
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7436 on: June 18, 2021, 01:03:56 AM »

A lot more info in this thread. This is fantastic!

https://twitter.com/jessa.../1405662289013903361?s=21

The Duchess of Cambridge will today unveil her biggest ever project, launching her own landmark Centre for Early Childhood.
It will educate and create awareness around how what happens to children in the first 5 years of their lives can have a make/break effect on their futures.

https://twitter.com/re_da.../1405662090329833477?s=21

The centre will be based at Kensington Palace, the Cambridge’s London home, and will start with a dedicated six-strong team working on three key areas: research; developing new solutions with public and private voluntary sectors; and marketing campaigns to raise awareness.

https://twitter.com/re_da.../1405662098881908741?s=21
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 01:09:35 AM by Aubiette » Logged
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7437 on: June 18, 2021, 01:19:36 AM »

These are very powerful statements from Catherine!  Star
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #7438 on: June 18, 2021, 01:23:29 AM »

https://mobile.twitter.co...05638549018456064/photo/1

Catherine is “setting up a research center for early childhood to study the root causes of social issues such as addiction and violence”.

!!!!

I can’t wait to read the article!!!

This has such potential!!

Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7439 on: June 18, 2021, 01:26:15 AM »

This article by the mouthpiece has a letter from Kate at the bottom.
Embargoed engagement tomorrow also.

https://twitter.com/harpe.../1405663602476998659?s=21
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 512   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: