Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 512   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 1778430 times)
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #7440 on: June 18, 2021, 01:32:19 AM »

So what will this center do, exactly? What kind of research and where/how will it be applied?

It's a great concept and nice to see follow through on something she clearly has been engaged with for some time.

Education of children in general is seen as 'babysitting'. Especially in the past year you see the complete disregard for our children, their development both academic and socially - the fall-out will be immense and last generations, and no one will pay for what they have done to our kids. 'You just want your babysitter back!' No, I want my child to be educated, to learn social skills and development as a human being, school isn't just about the kids being out of the house.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #7441 on: June 18, 2021, 01:38:20 AM »

They paid for a survey, and marketing for said survey, and analysis for said survey... to make a research center that will look at things I'm assuming based on the survey?
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7442 on: June 18, 2021, 01:38:46 AM »

I do have one slightly minor and yet slightly major quibble with the PR…IMO they really need to stop stressing the 10 years aspect.  While she has been a royal/has been developing her personal interest for 10 years the committee wasn’t established until early 2018 and it wasn’t until after that the major work could properly begin.  This is a great milestone for 3 years in to the committee…but not for 10 years so of work.

It’s just a matter of being slightly more realistic with the timeline which should be possible without diminish long the importance the first 7 years had for not only Kate’s interest in Earl Years but also her growth as a member of the BRF.  I’d challenge the PR team to look at my quibble and see what they can come up with.

I agree with Ellie and hope that the announcement has a few more details and specifics.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 02:34:10 AM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #7443 on: June 18, 2021, 01:49:24 AM »

Aubiette, my apologies.

I missed your post where you mentioned the centre.

I just got so excited when I saw the tweet. I came here immediately!

ETA: Here is the webpage

https://centreforearlychildhood.org/
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 02:08:28 AM by Antevorta » Logged
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7444 on: June 18, 2021, 02:10:12 AM »

Aubiette, my apologies.

I missed your post where you mentioned the centre.

I just got so excited when I saw the tweet. I came here immediately!

ETA: Here is the webpage

https://centreforearlychildhood.org/

I was excited too!  Supercontent
Glad you found the website! Yay! Thanks!
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #7445 on: June 18, 2021, 02:21:36 AM »

I think the ten years is to deflect from the lazy Waity Katie image she conjured for herself over so long. I don't buy she's been so in depth researching and planning this for ten years, which is what their PR seems to suggest; seems like the realization of the tie-ins of these issues came a few years ago with HT, but not much was done work-wise until last year/this year in regards to actual royal work.

I hope it does good things, because the points she makes are real, tangible issues - a lot of issues stem in an unstable childhood (a lot of mine sure are), and for parents like myself we wish to create stable, responsible, healthy adults which starts from day 1.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7446 on: June 18, 2021, 02:33:28 AM »

The 10 years explained in her letter.

“My own journey on the importance of early childhood started with adults, not children... 

When first undertaking royal duties a decade ago, I started meeting inspiring people who were rebuilding their lives from challenges such as addiction, homelessness, violence — and the mental ill health that often underpins these experiences. Spending time together and hearing more about their lives, I was struck by how often poor mental health but also early childhood was the focus of our conversation.
It was the recurrence of these conversations that drove me to want to learn more“
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7447 on: June 18, 2021, 03:19:19 AM »

I'm interested (skeptically) to hear what these new developments and discoveries are.  I've been teaching 20+ years and I've seen so many times when someone comes up with the next, latest, greatest, groundbreaking, transformational discovery that in reality is nothing more than common sense, repackaged.

Good on her for supporting children and the early years, but don't most people know that the early years are important?  And the ones who somehow don't...are they going to be influenced by a member of the royal family?

I'll be delighted to be proved wrong, truly I will! 

Cordelia Fitzgerald-Based upon the conversations that I've had with outside and even inside  our field, there is a significant percentage that does not truly recognize the need for early childhood education and support. It's merely viewed as "babysitting." These are people who have university degrees, their own children and grandchildren, run the entire length of the political spectrum and still they don't see the value in early education and intervention when needed.

That's really shocking to hear.  If that mentality is widespread, then by all means there is a need for this initiative.  That must be so frustrating to have conversations with people who think that way...you must walk away shaking your head in disbelief.  And probably fairly disheartened, too.
Truly it is especially when I'm speaking with colleagues who teach secondary but feel that resources would be better utilized focusing on their students who are in danger of dropping out.  Honestly I do believe that in the case of other educators who teach middle/high school it's often infused with concerns over funding and support for their programs. Or sometimes it's  a generation gap coming from an era when these types of Early Childhood Education programs were considered to be on one hand for either elitist parents or  for poor working parents ie Head Start.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7448 on: June 18, 2021, 03:22:32 AM »

The 10 years explained in her letter.

“My own journey on the importance of early childhood started with adults, not children... 

When first undertaking royal duties a decade ago, I started meeting inspiring people who were rebuilding their lives from challenges such as addiction, homelessness, violence — and the mental ill health that often underpins these experiences. Spending time together and hearing more about their lives, I was struck by how often poor mental health but also early childhood was the focus of our conversation.
It was the recurrence of these conversations that drove me to want to learn more“

Yes this has been a reoccurring theme that's been mentioned in past announcements regarding why she's developed an interest in early childhood.

Curious to see if the plan will be to develop a program that will be tailored to fit the needs of a specific community: rural, urban, suburban, immigrant, etc..Who will be the referring agency: social workers, pediatricians, mental health workers?
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #7449 on: June 18, 2021, 08:44:37 AM »

Working with children is extremely important and gives much potential to children - if it's done right.
An example of this, is the necessity of early intervention in cases of autism.
This is a truly promissing project however, I agree with Cordelia that regarding pre-school education and education in general, really innovative things are rare to happen and most of this big words are common knowledge disguised in terminology and a bunch of surveys/polls etc.
I like that Kate is in front of this and I appreciate her explanation about starting talking to adults and then realising the need to offer to kids before they become adults.
I' very curious about the next steps and I hope the whole thing will have substance, not just announcing reasearch resaults.

Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #7450 on: June 18, 2021, 09:38:29 AM »

Wow, that's fantastic! I am glad to see this progress in Kate who I disliked immensely until very recently for her lazy years, but it's truly wonderful to see this initiative. On such an important topic also! One issue I have is referring to it as a 'research centre' - it's not, as far as I understand. It looks like it is a foundation that will commission research from academics and will work to create practical initiatives with organisations including to raise awareness among the UK population. Similar to what M&B Gates Foundation and many other foundations do. Not to diminish their work at all - it's crucial. Their budget seems really good too, it will help to support work throughout the country for years. We are yet to see what will come out of it but I am hopeful.

Nappyolean

Warned
Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #7451 on: June 18, 2021, 12:33:48 PM »

I'm interested (skeptically) to hear what these new developments and discoveries are.  I've been teaching 20+ years and I've seen so many times when someone comes up with the next, latest, greatest, groundbreaking, transformational discovery that in reality is nothing more than common sense, repackaged.

Good on her for supporting children and the early years, but don't most people know that the early years are important?  And the ones who somehow don't...are they going to be influenced by a member of the royal family?

I'll be delighted to be proved wrong, truly I will! 

Cordelia Fitzgerald-Based upon the conversations that I've had with outside and even inside  our field, there is a significant percentage that does not truly recognize the need for early childhood education and support. It's merely viewed as "babysitting." These are people who have university degrees, their own children and grandchildren, run the entire length of the political spectrum and still they don't see the value in early education and intervention when needed.

That's really shocking to hear.  If that mentality is widespread, then by all means there is a need for this initiative.  That must be so frustrating to have conversations with people who think that way...you must walk away shaking your head in disbelief.  And probably fairly disheartened, too.
Truly it is especially when I'm speaking with colleagues who teach secondary but feel that resources would be better utilized focusing on their students who are in danger of dropping out.  Honestly I do believe that in the case of other educators who teach middle/high school it's often infused with concerns over funding and support for their programs. Or sometimes it's  a generation gap coming from an era when these types of Early Childhood Education programs were considered to be on one hand for either elitist parents or  for poor working parents ie Head Start.

I put my son (now 12) in preschool to just get him out of my hair for a couple of hours, a couple days a week. It was not until I had teacher conferences at report card pickup how important pre school was. It is the pre cursor to everything. For instance, presenting 50 sticks and having the children sort by color and put in separate buckets, is emerging math skills. How would I know this until I sat with his teacher and learned that it wasn’t a babysitting service after all. Due to my desire to get to yoga a few days a week, my son really benefitted much more than I initially anticipated.

Hopefully, Kate influences the early childhood education importance as Charles has for the organic, farm to table food movement.
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7452 on: June 18, 2021, 01:46:27 PM »

Today I’m proud to be launching The Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood — let’s embrace this golden opportunity to create a happier, more mentally healthy and more nurturing society.

centreforearlychildhood.org

https://twitter.com/kensi.../1405767250628341765?s=21

https://twitter.com/kensi.../1405826002459168768?s=21
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #7453 on: June 18, 2021, 01:51:25 PM »

It was a really good speech. She didn’t seem fully comfortable in the video to me but she’s probably reading off cue cards!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #7454 on: June 18, 2021, 02:20:33 PM »

For years I wasn't impressed with her at all, and this was up to a couple of years ago. I just thought she was a rich girl waiting for William to proposed while living in her parents' apartment and working for them.
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 512   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: