Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 569   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate - news and photos III  (Read 2127842 times)
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8100 on: January 11, 2022, 03:06:47 AM »

I think the lack of tiara is the nod to the future - with a reduction even further from the current four tiara events per year to maybe only the State Opening of Parliament.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8101 on: January 12, 2022, 12:04:31 AM »

Bite your tongue! I am old enough to remember the royals wearing tiaras to the ballet and movie openings.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8102 on: January 12, 2022, 12:51:37 AM »

So am I and I am glad they no longer show their wealth in such a way. More and more people don't want to see the ostentatious displays of wealth and are happy to see them wearing more 'normal' garb most of the time and Catherine is intelligent enough to understand that - especially in her generation. People used to get dressed up for all sorts of occasions but now they don't and Catherine is fitting in with that concept.
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #8103 on: January 12, 2022, 01:39:29 AM »

So am I and I am glad they no longer show their wealth in such a way. More and more people don't want to see the ostentatious displays of wealth and are happy to see them wearing more 'normal' garb most of the time and Catherine is intelligent enough to understand that - especially in her generation. People used to get dressed up for all sorts of occasions but now they don't and Catherine is fitting in with that concept.

I get what you're saying luvcharles and believe me I'm not trying to argue, but on the other hand, people do get hungry for a little bling and glamour particularly in these sad times. Kate's photos in the gold "Bond" dress & the admiration she got is proof of that.  So I hope that Kate will remember to wear some diamonds on occasion, when it comes to be her time in the sun.

I don't think everyone would have hated seeing Kate with her hair up and wearing the Lotus or the Halo Scroll in the "Winterhalter" portrait, except perhaps a few rotten eggs.  I personally would have adored it, but then I like to see Royalties in all their bejeweled glory.  A birthday portrait should be an occasion for a little sparkle.

But as you rightly say these photos are aimed at a different, perhaps less tolerant and less susceptible, audience.

“The spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #8104 on: January 12, 2022, 01:40:57 AM »

Bite your tongue! I am old enough to remember the royals wearing tiaras to the ballet and movie openings.

reminds me of that scrit I read years ago.

I am old. I remember when General's had aids; clapping meant, you enjoyed the performance and; gay meant you were happy.

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8105 on: January 12, 2022, 02:28:46 AM »

One does not clap at the end of a well enjoyed performance anymore? No doubt this would be the moment Juliet would say "Oh, Mom"....though I am often  accorded Best Mom from her in public, so no complains about it!
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #8106 on: January 12, 2022, 02:50:34 AM »

One does not clap at the end of a well enjoyed performance anymore? No doubt this would be the moment Juliet would say "Oh, Mom"....though I am often  accorded Best Mom from her in public, so no complains about it!

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #8107 on: January 13, 2022, 10:17:30 PM »

Me too! I usually quite relieved when no eye-rolling was involved.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8108 on: January 23, 2022, 07:09:10 PM »

I’ve read this multiple places. Interesting. I had assumed it would be Anne or William. Would she have to dress up in uniform? I’ve never been a particular fan of ‘honorary’ military roles (the dress up and medals) but it’s not my business and I don’t know enough about it. It seems an odd choice to me but I guess we’ll see who they pick.

The Grenadier Guards want the Duchess of Cambridge to replace the Duke of York as their colonel.
Senior officials in the regiment have said they want Kate, 40, to be the second appointed female colonel in its 366-year history.
The Queen, 95, has taken the role again by default after she stripped Prince Andrew of all his military titles this month over allegations that he sexually assaulted Virginia Giuffre, which he denies.

https://archive.fo/69uje
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 07:16:11 PM by Aubiette » Logged
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8109 on: January 23, 2022, 07:35:28 PM »

Hear hear!

I think Kate's position as future PoW, Queen Consort and eventually Queen Mum justifies her having the role. I also like that they asked for her specifically. I don't have a problem with military honorifics for members of royal families, as long as the regiment is in agreement.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #8110 on: January 23, 2022, 07:59:49 PM »

I think we will see more and more of this as people are looking to the future. I know Charles and Camilla are next in line but William and Kate seem to be the ones being groomed. They will have a longer rule than Charles bu default.

Good for Kate!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8111 on: January 23, 2022, 08:08:16 PM »

This is a sweet comment and if they truly want her then good for her!

“The appointment is decided by the regiment and the Queen. A senior source in the Grenadier Guards said: “From straw polling through the ranks, they would all love it to be Kate. We all admire the way she has fitted in and behaved, she never seems to put a foot wrong. Everything she has taken on she really commits to, and we want someone who will really engage with us.”
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8112 on: January 23, 2022, 09:29:47 PM »

I’ve read this multiple places. Interesting. I had assumed it would be Anne or William. Would she have to dress up in uniform? I’ve never been a particular fan of ‘honorary’ military roles (the dress up and medals) but it’s not my business and I don’t know enough about it. It seems an odd choice to me but I guess we’ll see who they pick.

The Grenadier Guards want the Duchess of Cambridge to replace the Duke of York as their colonel.
Senior officials in the regiment have said they want Kate, 40, to be the second appointed female colonel in its 366-year history.
The Queen, 95, has taken the role again by default after she stripped Prince Andrew of all his military titles this month over allegations that he sexually assaulted Virginia Giuffre, which he denies.

https://archive.fo/69uje

If memory serves QEQM held dozens of honorary appointments but never wore a uniform so Kate could certainly take that approach. 

I believe the plan is for The Queen to hold all the positions the two dumpster fires “returned” and that only after her death will new appointments be made. 
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8113 on: January 24, 2022, 06:55:29 PM »

Rare to see events published in advance these days.

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit
@GiveUsAShout
 on Wednesday, 26th January, to mark the mental health text service reaching over one million conversations with those in need,
@KensingtonRoyal
 has announced. Shout is the UK's only 24/7 text messaging support service.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8114 on: January 26, 2022, 02:09:22 AM »

Kensington Palace
25th January, 2022
The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning held a Centre for Early Childhood Meeting.

Her Royal Highness this afternoon held a Meeting with Miss Jennifer Urquhart (Chairman, Johnstons of Elgin) via telephone.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, this afternoon held a Meeting with Dr Edward Morris (President) and Ms Kate Lancaster (Chief Executive) via telephone.
https://twitter.com/The_Q.../1486128895069982720?s=20
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 569   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: