Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dubai Royals News and Pictures  (Read 59670 times)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2018, 11:05:36 PM »

Here´s a summary from the Geneva meeting:

http://www.mynewsdesk.com...92?utm_campaign=send_list

Guernica 37 have previously filed a Petition of Complaint to the UN Working Group on Enforced or Involuntary Disappearance, who, having deemed the complaint to be admissible, have communicated the position to both the Governments of India, and the UAE, inviting their response. However, it has thus far been met with silence, and therefore ignorance on the part of those Governments, both of whom seek to take an active part in the work of the United Nations and who claim to have a commitment to human rights.
The hearing of 14 September 2018 enabled the Working Group to be provided with an update as to the current position, including the submission of new information concerning Sheikha Latifa’s disappearance.
Despite the silence from the Indian and Emirati authorities, the matter remains open and ongoing, with both the UN Working Group, and Guernica 37 in conjunction with Detained in Dubai as her appointed legal representatives, actively investigating the matter.
At the conclusion of the closed-door session, further information was provided to the Working Group on the circumstances of the abduction and the fate and whereabouts of Sheikha Latifa that is expected to be communicated to the two Respondent States within the coming days."

I don't suppose that the revelations, if they actually happened, were made public were they? This was a despicable act on the sheikh's part, certainly such a barbaric incident (which imo is a very small example of his megalomania) deserves censure.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/new...newmarket-title-1-5719955

...An extraordinary meeting for Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum to be made a Freeman of the Town was met with a strong backlash from Labour opposition and young people in Newmarket.

...”Sheikh Mohammed has donated large sums to fund schools in the town and pledged £1million to build a state-of-the-are library for Newmarket Academy.

However that sparked concerns from residents in the West Suffolk town, who were upset at the United Arab Emirates’ human rights record.

Labour member Ollie Bowen said: “Giving the title of Freeman of the Town is a medieval practice which originally granted select citizens freedom from serfdom.

Other medieval practices continue in the UAE, where Sheikh Mohammed is vice-president, including stoning, flogging and the detention of those who criticise authority.”...

Good, I hope heckling crowds show up everywhere he goes. He's a despot and the fact that the British government rewards such people is incomprehensible.

Totally agree.  The British government and the British Royal Family too.  I hope people complain loudly and often.

i don' wanr to get in politic but IMHO as long as Mo and the rest of the dictators are good for  the intersts of British/US governments  fro the westerneen governments in general they will go blind for their crimes

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2018, 11:19:05 PM »

Agreed with Rita. Nobody will do a thing.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
StefanDi

Baby Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2018, 03:00:34 PM »

Richard Brandson did. Ok so it´s about Saudi Arabia but still som people have their spine left.

https://www.virgin.com/ri...ment-kingdom-saudi-arabia

I had high hopes for the current government in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and its leader Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and it is why I was delighted to accept two directorships in the tourism projects around the Red Sea. I felt that I could give practical development advice and also help protect the precious environment around the coastline and islands.

What has reportedly happened in Turkey around the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, if proved true, would clearly change the ability of any of us in the West to do business with the Saudi Government. We have asked for more information from the authorities in Saudi and to clarify their position in relation to Mr Khashoggi.

While those investigations are ongoing and Mr Khashoggi’s whereabouts are not known, I will suspend my directorships of the two tourism projects. Virgin will also suspend its discussions with the Public Investment Fund over the proposed investment in our space companies Virgin Galactic and Virgin Orbit.
StefanDi

Baby Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2018, 03:04:23 PM »

Here´s a summary from the Geneva meeting:

http://www.mynewsdesk.com...92?utm_campaign=send_list

Guernica 37 have previously filed a Petition of Complaint to the UN Working Group on Enforced or Involuntary Disappearance, who, having deemed the complaint to be admissible, have communicated the position to both the Governments of India, and the UAE, inviting their response. However, it has thus far been met with silence, and therefore ignorance on the part of those Governments, both of whom seek to take an active part in the work of the United Nations and who claim to have a commitment to human rights.
The hearing of 14 September 2018 enabled the Working Group to be provided with an update as to the current position, including the submission of new information concerning Sheikha Latifa’s disappearance.
Despite the silence from the Indian and Emirati authorities, the matter remains open and ongoing, with both the UN Working Group, and Guernica 37 in conjunction with Detained in Dubai as her appointed legal representatives, actively investigating the matter.
At the conclusion of the closed-door session, further information was provided to the Working Group on the circumstances of the abduction and the fate and whereabouts of Sheikha Latifa that is expected to be communicated to the two Respondent States within the coming days."

I don't suppose that the revelations, if they actually happened, were made public were they? This was a despicable act on the sheikh's part, certainly such a barbaric incident (which imo is a very small example of his megalomania) deserves censure.

Correct there´s no official memo or notes.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2018, 11:53:30 PM »

Richard Brandson did. Ok so it´s about Saudi Arabia but still som people have their spine left.

https://www.virgin.com/ri...ment-kingdom-saudi-arabia

I had high hopes for the current government in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and its leader Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and it is why I was delighted to accept two directorships in the tourism projects around the Red Sea. I felt that I could give practical development advice and also help protect the precious environment around the coastline and islands.

What has reportedly happened in Turkey around the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, if proved true, would clearly change the ability of any of us in the West to do business with the Saudi Government. We have asked for more information from the authorities in Saudi and to clarify their position in relation to Mr Khashoggi.

While those investigations are ongoing and Mr Khashoggi’s whereabouts are not known, I will suspend my directorships of the two tourism projects. Virgin will also suspend its discussions with the Public Investment Fund over the proposed investment in our space companies Virgin Galactic and Virgin Orbit.

I only just read this message, but yay for Richard Branson!  Nice to see a wealthy, successful businesman who has the balls to say something - and actually do something - about this sort of thing. 
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2018, 12:17:54 AM »

One of Al Maktoum's horses is running in the Cox Plate this afternoon, challenging Winx.  Winx has won her last 15 races including the last three Cox Plates and is chasing her fourth today.  I will be extremely angry if the Dubai horse wins.  Al Maktoum will probably be here for the Melbourne Cup the week after next, and he will be feted by the racing crowd and I bet no-one will ask him about Latifah. Real mad 
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2018, 08:08:32 AM »

I am very pleased to be able to announce that Winx beat Al Maktoum's horse to win the Cox Plate. 
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2018, 03:24:46 PM »

Should we now better monitor everything Winx eats?  Secret

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2018, 03:17:48 AM »

Should we now better monitor everything Winx eats?  Secret

Nerves
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2018, 05:19:13 AM »

Real mad   One of the bastard's horses won the Melbourne Cup.  No   For the first time in decades I didn't have a bet on the Cup today, so at least I didn't personally lose any money on the outcome, so I suppose that's something to be thankful for.  Angry
StefanDi

Baby Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2018, 03:46:47 PM »

On dec 6th thoose of you who in the UK can watch this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/med...2018/49/escape-from-dubai

Escape From Dubai: The Mystery Of The Missing Princess
Ep 1/1

Thursday 6 December

9.00pm-10.00pm

BBC TWO

In February this year, the 32 year-old daughter of the ruler of Dubai boarded a boat and set sail for India with a plan to start a new life in America. But within days her boat was stormed by Indian commandos - she was captured and presumably returned to Dubai.
No one has heard from her since. But Princess Latifa had made a video in case she was caught, and entrusted it to a lawyer in America. Days later it was released on You Tube. Escape From Dubai: The Mystery Of The Missing Princess pieces together Princess Latifa’s life and reveals how she had been planning the escape for more than seven years. Far from living a charmed life, she was watched and restricted by her father, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. The princess claims she had been imprisoned and tortured for a previous attempt to leave.

The programme investigates the mystery of her older sister, Shamsa, who disappeared from the streets of Cambridge in 2000 after fleeing the family’s British mansion in Surrey. And it asks if the image of Dubai we are sold - of winter sunshine and luxury hotels - is actually hiding a brutal dictatorship of human rights abuses, where surveillance, imprisonment and torture are systematic and where tourists can easily be imprisoned for the slightest infringements of the state's ultra conservative laws.
christina01
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Play Time after a long day of Dishing.

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2018, 12:02:47 PM »

Ep 1/1

Thursday 6 December

9.00pm-10.00pm

BBC TWO

In February this year, the 32 year-old daughter of the ruler of Dubai boarded a boat and set sail for India with a plan to start a new life in America. But within days her boat was stormed by Indian commandos - she was captured and presumably returned to Dubai.
No one has heard from her since. But Princess Latifa had made a video in case she was caught, and entrusted it to a lawyer in America. Days later it was released on You Tube. Escape From Dubai: The Mystery Of The Missing Princess pieces together Princess Latifa’s life and reveals how she had been planning the escape for more than seven years. Far from living a charmed life, she was watched and restricted by her father, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. The princess claims she had been imprisoned and tortured for a previous attempt to leave.

The programme investigates the mystery of her older sister, Shamsa, who disappeared from the streets of Cambridge in 2000 after fleeing the family’s British mansion in Surrey. And it asks if the image of Dubai we are sold - of winter sunshine and luxury hotels - is actually hiding a brutal dictatorship of human rights abuses, where surveillance, imprisonment and torture are systematic and where tourists can easily be imprisoned for the slightest infringements of the state's ultra conservative laws.

I find this si interesting because I remember reading about Shamsa, and wondered what had become of her. It boggles the mind that Mo is married to a princess of Jordan, and whether she has any knowledge of what her dear hubby seems capable of. Hope they throw the book at him
StefanDi

Baby Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2018, 10:45:17 PM »

His second wife the Jordan princess most know if she ever looks at her twitter. Their two kids are very exposed. But not the other 20+ kids of him.

Maybe their marriage is all a PR and diplomatic stunt? She could have gotten someone... Nicer...  Sad

Ep 1/1

Thursday 6 December

9.00pm-10.00pm

BBC TWO

I find this si interesting because I remember reading about Shamsa, and wondered what had become of her. It boggles the mind that Mo is married to a princess of Jordan, and whether she has any knowledge of what her dear hubby seems capable of. Hope they throw the book at him
VanillaMoomin

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2018, 10:58:20 PM »

His second wife the Jordan princess most know if she ever looks at her twitter. Their two kids are very exposed. But not the other 20+ kids of him.

Maybe their marriage is all a PR and diplomatic stunt? She could have gotten someone... Nicer...  Sad

Maybe she didn’t want someone nicer, she may just have wanted to marry power. But Dubai (and Saudi) are places where the phrase “live by the sword, die by the sword” isn’t as antiquated and figurative as it should be.

Ep 1/1

Thursday 6 December

9.00pm-10.00pm

BBC TWO

[/quote]
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2018, 11:27:54 PM »

as far as i know alot of Mo children go public one of his daughters make it to the olympic games,most of them have accounts in social media ,alot of them have key Positions in differant domains in Dubai
i don't see what Haya kids have the other Mo children doesn't they all live a life of luxury they just have to be obedient to old man

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: