Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William & Kate's Staff  (Read 13456 times)
Margaret

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2017, 05:08:10 AM »

Catherine Quinn  is a member of the Boards of The Charity Commission for England and Wales; The Met Office; Trustee of The Royal British Legion; and The National Memorial Arboretum. Catherine Quinn joined the Charity Commission as a board member in December 2016.

Catherine (Quinn) is quite an accomplished woman; makes me wonder why she would want to be Kate's private secretary?   I wonder if her job will consist only of private secretary duties or will she double as lady in waiting like Rebecca did?

I hope she doesn't have to do carer duties. Cry  That would be too sad for someone with her qualifications and experience.  It's not as though people are paid huge laughing-all-the-way-to-the-bank sums of money to do those jobs.  The royals think they are doing people a favour by employing them.  I would be embarrassed watching Catherine Quinn traipsing along after Kate holding flowers and stuffed toys given to Kate for the children.  I hope she makes it an office job like the male Private Secretaries do.   
Hibou

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2017, 05:40:24 PM »

Catherine Quinn  is a member of the Boards of The Charity Commission for England and Wales; The Met Office; Trustee of The Royal British Legion; and The National Memorial Arboretum. Catherine Quinn joined the Charity Commission as a board member in December 2016.

Catherine (Quinn) is quite an accomplished woman; makes me wonder why she would want to be Kate's private secretary?   I wonder if her job will consist only of private secretary duties or will she double as lady in waiting like Rebecca did?

I hope she doesn't have to do carer duties. Cry  That would be too sad for someone with her qualifications and experience.  It's not as though people are paid huge laughing-all-the-way-to-the-bank sums of money to do those jobs.  The royals think they are doing people a favour by employing them.  I would be embarrassed watching Catherine Quinn traipsing along after Kate holding flowers and stuffed toys given to Kate for the children.  I hope she makes it an office job like the male Private Secretaries do.   

My thoughts on this appointment is that they needed an adult on board who has a business background. She will be the one vetting new charities for them, and doing/attending if need be charity board meetings and basically giving them a cheat sheet of information they need to know when they attend these events so they don't sound stupid IMO. They have never come across IMO as having done their homework and in some instances they appear clueless. I think BRF want them to appear more like Charles and Princess Anne i.e. have more gravitas if that's possible. JMO.
Taffy

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Zowie Caveee

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2017, 08:11:02 PM »

My thoughts on this appointment is that they needed an adult on board who has a business background. She will be the one vetting new charities for them, and doing/attending if need be charity board meetings and basically giving them a cheat sheet of information they need to know when they attend these events so they don't sound stupid IMO. They have never come across IMO as having done their homework and in some instances they appear clueless. I think BRF want them to appear more like Charles and Princess Anne i.e. have more gravitas if that's possible. JMO.

Strikes me that this is really all succession planning.  Looking at the bigger picture,  I imagine she is likely to be the favourite candidate for  Principal PS as and when K&W move up a level.

As and when that day comes they will have a household akin to the current PoW (though I doubt quite as numerous) and changes happening up the line with the Queen's officers being replaced really by placeholders now it may well be that more changes are likely to follow in organisation, particularly as is often rumoured we are moving to a quasi-regency.
I think the fact she's been appointed now as Ks PS isn't of itself telling, just that there was a vacancy and they wanted to get her on board ASAP to ensure she is up to speed.   
Not sure where that leaves Miguel, I imagine he may take on the kind of role you are suggesting working closely with the charitable arm of things (having been appointed to the Foundation board) whilst CQ deals with the official roles.

As a side note, I hope that CQ gets treated with more respect by the press than RD did,  she was a senior staffer but being a woman she was frequently referred to as "Girl Friday" whereas the men performing the same role for W&H didn't get the same boy gadget title. 

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected . 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fu*king what?"
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2017, 10:48:13 PM »

Well, William has said before he doesn't listen to advice, as he knows better, and they don't read their briefings. This accomplished lady will be banging her head against he wall regarding these two idiots and the rest of their sycophantic staff.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2017, 01:58:53 PM »

Well, William has said before he doesn't listen to advice, as he knows better, and they don't read their briefings. This accomplished lady will be banging her head against he wall regarding these two idiots and the rest of their sycophantic staff.

She looks great on paper but tbh I don't have much hope that she will be no yes-woman. She was part of the Middle Temple where Will is an "honorary barrister" with the promise never to practise and was even called to the Bench (like several royals including his mother). They provide funds to help aspiring barristers. IMO great connection for someone like Will. Whistle A few weeks after the nude pics in France there was a Middle Temple scholarship in the name of Kate and Will. They visited (Kate wore those chidish and way too short skirt and jacket and a ton of extensions) to pose with the winners of the Diana Scholarship and the Queen Mother Scholarship.

If CQ is how many think she is why would she take the job of babysitting the vapid one? Not even a royal job in your résumé is worth that. But at least she didn't bow when she met them ("again" as Kate says) at their joined Middle Temple visit.
http://www.dailymail.co.u...ndal.html#v-1886330147001

At least it will be interesting to watch how that will play out. 

Meghan Markle in Vanity Fair: "I'll never define myself by my relationship."
ralf103

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2017, 02:25:06 AM »

I read somewhere that an assistant private secretary has been appointed as well, make of that what you will...
Margaret

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2017, 05:12:15 AM »

I read somewhere that an assistant private secretary has been appointed as well, make of that what you will...

That's encouraging.  This one can be the flower-catcher, and leave the one with the MBA to do business administration stuff.  

At least this change of staff has given us something more to think about than what Kate is wearing and how she's doing her hair.  
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2017, 05:30:37 AM »

Kate decides her schedule idk why people think something will change. Rebecca had an assistant as well so that is not new.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2017, 01:38:23 PM »

Kate decides her schedule idk why people think something will change. Rebecca had an assistant as well so that is not new.

I agree. Nothing will change. Although I still hope the statements and Kate's "personal" messages will be better written than before.  Whistle

Meghan Markle in Vanity Fair: "I'll never define myself by my relationship."
Outside Anmer

Baby Member

Australia Australia

still waiting for the revolution ...

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2017, 08:27:51 AM »

She was part of the Middle Temple where Will is an "honorary barrister" with the promise never to practise ...

"Honorary barrister", snort. The guy probably thinks he's an expert in the law cos he watched an episode of Rumpole of the Bailey when he was 10
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2017, 01:25:25 PM »

She was part of the Middle Temple where Will is an "honorary barrister" with the promise never to practise ...

"Honorary barrister", snort. The guy probably thinks he's an expert in the law cos he watched an episode of Rumpole of the Bailey when he was 10

Billy the plumber an honorary barrister? Blink

WTF? Dead

When are they gonna make him an honarary human being, huh?  Snare

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2017, 08:16:06 PM »

Billy the plumber an honorary barrister? Blink

WTF? Dead

When are they gonna make him an honarary human being, huh?  Snare

G

Star

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her best— you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2017, 10:27:57 PM »

Oh FFS. Are the Katie Klothes Bloggers that desperate for something to write about?
Didn't comment much on the predecessor's clothes. Not the right stores or brands before?
  Crazy

WhatKateWore ‏Verified account @WhatKateWore Nov 8

For those asking about the dress worn by Catherine Quinn today, I believe it might be the 'Clifton' by @TheFoldLondon.

Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2017, 01:28:07 AM »

Oh FFS. Are the Katie Klothes Bloggers that desperate for something to write about?
Didn't comment much on the predecessor's clothes. Not the right stores or brands before?
  Crazy

WhatKateWore ‏Verified account @WhatKateWore Nov 8

For those asking about the dress worn by Catherine Quinn today, I believe it might be the 'Clifton' by @TheFoldLondon.

They usually talked about Rebecca when there was nothing else to talk about as well. lol. Maybe they should blog about other royals so they can actually have an article every week!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: