Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Change Benelux Royals  (Read 3527 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« on: March 07, 2017, 01:43:17 PM »

I just noticed the Dutch Royals are now also under the header " Benelux royals" Smiley
Very logical. But in my opinion all three, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg, deserve their own main header instead of being a subheader (or even sharing a subheader).
So placed on RD just like for example the Spanish, Monaco and Sweden royals. As the last one isn't a subheader of "Scandinavian royals"
TexasBear

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 03:21:23 AM »

I concur.
lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 04:01:48 AM »

Agreed

Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

New money SHOUTS -> -> old money whispers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 04:32:04 AM »

I have to say that when I first saw it, I left the site and came back.  I thought something was wrong with the layout on my phone. 

I am sure there was a reason for the change but I can't figure it out.  Huh?   

Princess MS

Warned
Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 04:39:29 AM »

After the change all three has individual lower level groupings - but now - since yesterday ? Belgium and Lux are grouped together. I prefer the old layout.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 12:55:52 PM »

Previously questions were raised why the header Benelux royals only referred to Belgium and Luxembourg. While the Netherlands had its own separate header.

The Benelux is a politico-economic union of three neighbouring states, and  the name Benelux is formed from joining the first two or three letters of each country's name ? Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg.

So options would be IMO
1. Main header 'Benelux royals', with three subheadings Belgium Royals, Dutch Royals and Luxembourg royals (so separately, not merged).
2. Main headers for each of the 3 (Belgian Royals, Dutch royals and Luxemburg royals)

I have to confess the 2nd option had my preference. Especially as I noticed the Scandinavian countries have their seperate main headings, and are not gathered as subheadings of for example "Scandinavian royals'. And heck, even Monaco has its own main header.

Also I don't know why Belgium and Luxemburg are merged. To me its a bit confusing. Ok, the royals of Belgium and Luxemburg are heavy linked, but why no seperate headers?

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 03:04:01 PM »

I was trying to change something and it didn't work Secret Now I don't really want to attempt any more, until I can get the tech guy to do it so it's done right so it'll be a few days. If it makes it more clear to have three sections, I guess that'll what we will do, it's neither here or there for me.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 03:21:08 PM »

I was trying to change something and it didn't work Secret Now I don't really want to attempt any more, until I can get the tech guy to do it so it's done right so it'll be a few days. If it makes it more clear to have three sections, I guess that'll what we will do, it's neither here or there for me.

Ok, good luck  Wink  Smiley
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 10:55:35 PM »

Tadaa! Fixed now Champagne (I will move more of the older threads later..)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 10:18:27 AM »

Tadaa! Fixed now Champagne (I will move more of the older threads later..)

Jumping  Hug Maria
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: