Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Day Without Women, March 8th  (Read 1350 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 11:13:00 PM »

I am not sure why that is so shocking.  I am a woman but I do not see myself as a victim and neither do many millions of other women. In my question I was referring to actual rights.  

^Yes, really. What actual rights do men have that women don't? I don't know of any in the US. Unfortunately this is not at all true in some countries (such as several in the Middle East) where women can't drive, vote, own property, work outside the home, move about freely, etc.  This is what I mean by rights..

Well, let's see if I can find a handful of points off the top of my head re the Western, civilized world ....-> Pro Choice for one (NO man should decide over a woman's body).....equal pay is another (women make 16% less money than their male counterparts)....discrimination at work: e.g. maternity leave (women still shoulder more of the household burden).....underrespresentation in all government positions across the world.....women are far more likely to be victims of human trafficking....women overall are at a greater risk of rape and domestic violence....retired women are twice as likely as retired men to live in poverty (in fact, more likely than men to live below the poverty line).....colour of skin, social status and sex still plays a role in every aspect of our lives. Many men write "equality laws", but the execution is a whole other ball game.

lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 11:41:48 PM »

*sigh*  why can't we all just relate as humanity without all the endless divisions?

Perhaps you could direct that towards your President who is dividing people up based on their nationality and religion.

Absolutely.  I hope we can move head beyond our divisions.

Cordtx, My comment is not pointed at you. I hope everyone feels empowered and appreciated in their lives. That is my dream.

Hug

cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 11:47:32 PM »

No problem, I understand being tired of all the crap we are hearing in the US these days and also, that all women don't feel there is any problem with how they are treated.

I just feel worried, especially for my daughter's sakes, that I do feel there are problems and that rights are being slowly taken away while we are too busy to pay attention.
That's all, not wanting to start any problems. I just think the more women/girls can feel empowered, the better.
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 11:50:35 PM »

I just think the more women/girls can feel empowered, the better.

I totally agree.

Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 12:13:41 AM »

I think everyone can agree with that.

TBH the only reason I voted in the last election is because women before me gave up so much and fought so hard for my right to vote...despite being appalled by both main choices, so I voted third party (not like it matters here in California, haha)... I couldn't not vote when women fought so hard so women like me generations later could have that basic right.
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 01:18:42 AM »

The right to live in a world where sexual assault and violence are not engrained in the culture. The right to feel safe walking down a dark street, even in a short skirt. The right to be judged on one's work rather than one's body shape. The right to be in public life without getting rape and death threats online.

Mind you when we have the leader of the free world saying it is OK to grab women by the ... (ie commit sexual assault) I think we have a bloody long way to go.

I have just been to a breakfast for IWD and feeling quite fired up.

http://www.abc.net.au/new...for-women-in-2017/8318880
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 10:48:40 PM »

cheers to that, Jane  Star Champagne

Some U.S. school districts have already canceled classes for Wednesday. Alexandria City Public Schools in Virginia said more than 300 staff members requested to take off work Wednesday. As they did with the women?s march, the organizers for the "A Day Without a Woman" strike have largely used social media to gain support and spread the word.

Women in more than 50 countries around the world protested on March 8. The movement is part of the International Women?s Strike. They protested the violence against women and demanding equal rights.

Tongue

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: