Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Court Etiquette  (Read 6652 times)
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2020, 09:29:16 PM »

King Philip II of Spain's half brother Don Juan of Austria was addressed as "His Excellency" but was not allowed to reside in any royal palace nor stand with the Royal Family during Mass.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2020, 01:40:14 AM »

At the German Emperor's Imperial Palace, the style of the table decorations was always the same. Roses were the only flower the Empress would tolerate. Wine was the sole beverage.  Champagne Champagne Champagne Champagne
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2020, 11:42:24 PM »

The court etiquette first appeared in Russia during the times of Tsar Peter I.The balls became one of the newly established court ceremonials. The Royal Decree of 1719 stated the balls being the inalienable part of Peter's assemblies.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2020, 03:17:50 AM »

In the sixteenth century the court of the principal Habsburg line in Spain became the model for the Austrian line. It is for this reason that the ceremonial at the Viennese Court is often described as "Spanish".
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2020, 05:48:49 AM »

In the sixteenth century the court of the principal Habsburg line in Spain became the model for the Austrian line. It is for this reason that the ceremonial at the Viennese Court is often described as "Spanish".

I’ve always wondered why!  Thanks CyrilSebastian, it’s such a pleasure to have you give us this good stuff.  I think you could take on any category on “Jeopardy” and win!

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2020, 05:07:35 PM »

At the German Emperor's Imperial Palace, the style of the table decorations was always the same. Roses were the only flower the Empress would tolerate. Wine was the sole beverage.  Champagne Champagne Champagne Champagne
Never heard of that! Interesting. Where did you get this information?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2020, 02:32:24 AM »

Never heard of that! Interesting. Where did you get this information?

fairy, I have been learning about royalty and nobility since I was a little boy. Mother's parents have worked for a Hungarian count and countess. The Count was a Hungarian ambassador to the United States.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2020, 02:34:54 AM »

I’ve always wondered why!  Thanks CyrilSebastian, it’s such a pleasure to have you give us this good stuff.  I think you could take on any category on “Jeopardy” and win!

Curtains, Thank you for the kind words! I do not know if I would be successful with every Jeopardy category.  Thinking Thinking Thinking Thinking
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2020, 02:07:37 AM »

French court ceremony, formalized by King Francis I of France, replaced Italian ceremony as the model of Renaissance Europe.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2020, 01:38:27 AM »

At his new court in St. Petersburg, Tsar Peter I of Russia ordered women to dress first in the popular German and Austrian fashions which came to Russia through Poland and Hungary.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: