Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal names  (Read 40242 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2019, 10:49:11 AM »

Xenia

- Grand Duchess Xenia Alexandrovna of Russia (Russian: Ксения Александровна Романова; 6 April [O.S. 25 March] 1875 – 20 April 1960).  The elder daughter and fourth child of Tsar Alexander III of Russia and Empress Maria Feodorovna of Russia (née Princess Dagmar of Denmark) and the sister of Emperor Nicholas II. She married a cousin, Grand Duke Alexander Mikhailovich of Russia, with whom she had seven children.

- Princess Xenia Georgievna of Russia (22 August 1903, Mikhailovskoe, Russia – 17 September 1965, Glen Cove, New York) She was the younger daughter of Grand Duke George Mihailovich of Russia and Princess Maria Georgievna of Greece and Denmark. Xenia married twice, both times with men of unequal birth, first to William Bateman Leeds Jr. (19 September 1902 - 31 December 1971) and  second to Herman Jud (14 February 1911 - 22 August 1987). Xenia only issue was with her 1st husband, a daughter Nancy Helen Marie Leeds.

- Xenia Petrović-Njegoš, Princess of Montenegro, also known as Princess Ksenija or Kseniya, (22 April 1881 – 10 March 1960) The eighth daughter of Nicholas I of Montenegro and his consort Milena Vukotić. Despite the countless rumors circulating about her various impending engagements and marriages, Princess Xenia chose to remain unmarried.

- Princess Xenia of Prussia (9 December 1949 – 18 January 1992) Youngest child of Louis Ferdinand, Prince of Prussia (9 November 1907 – 26 September 1994) and his wife Grand Duchess Kira Kirillovna of Russia (9 May 1909 – 8 September 1967). She married Per-Edvard Lithander on 27 January 1973 and they were divorced in 1978. They have two sons and six grandchildren

- Countess Xenia Czernichev-Besobrasov (Chernysheva-Besobrasova Russian: графиня Ксения Сергеевна Чернышёва-Безобразова; 11 June 1929 Paris – 20 September 1968)
. The younger daughter of Count Sergei Chernyshev-Besobrasov by his wife Countess Elisabeth Dmitrievna Sheremeteva, who was descended from a prominent Russian comital family. On  23 June 1953 she married Archduke Rudolf, 4th son of Empress Zita. Together they had 4 children, of which one died young in a bicycle accident (12 a 13 years old). Xenia was killed on 20 September 1968 when the car she was in with her husband collided with a truck.

- Countess Xenia Marie Cornelia Hélčne Zita Anna Therese Hildegard et omnes Sancti von Coudenhove-Kalergi (b. Graz, 21 October 2011) Daughter of Her Serene Highness Princess Adelheid Marie Beatrice Zita of Liechtenstein (b. Vienna, 25 November 1981) & Count Dominik Cornelius Valentin Gerold Eugene von Coudenhove-Kalergi (b. London, 7 October 1973). Through maternal side she descends from Archduchess Elisabeth of Austria (youngest child and daughter of Empress Zita)

- Countess Xenia of Neipperg (born 2016 in Munich) Daughter of Count Dominik of Neipperg (born 27 July 1981) and his wife Princess Marie-Anna of Salm-Salm (born 22 February 1986). Her paternal grandmother is Archduchess Andrea of Austria, the 1st child and daughter of Crown prince Otto of Austria (oldest child and son of Empress Zita).

- Xenia of Saxony (born 1986) according to German family law accord to us her mother's last name which is "Prinzessin of Sachsen". She is the illegitimate daughter of Iris Princess of Saxony and an unknown father. Iris herself is the legitimate but morganatic daughter of Prince Georg Timo von Sachsen and Margit Lukas, who was the daughter of a butcher. Iris grew up at her mother's parent's house without knowing of her Royal background till she was 18. (about her older (full) brother Rüdiger: https://en.wikipedia.org/...iger,_Margrave_of_Meissen). Iris married 4 times (Jurgen Hadam, 1975 - Wolfgang Konig, 1977-1983 - Ulrich Schumacher, 1988-1989 - Wolfgang Döhring 1996). Iris has 2 illegitimate daughters and a granddaughter: Xenia von Sachsen (20 August 1986), who has an illegitimate child: Taro von Sachsen (2015) and Xandra von Sachsen (15 January 1990)

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2019, 10:50:58 AM »

Zita:

- Zita of Bourbon-Parma (Zita Maria delle Grazie Adelgonda Micaela Raffaela Gabriella Giuseppina Antonia Luisa Agnese; 9 May 1892 – 14 March 1989). Born as the seventeenth child of the dispossessed Robert I, Duke of Parma, and his second wife, Infanta Maria Antonia of Portugal, Zita married the then Archduke Charles of Austria in 1911. Charles became heir presumptive to the Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria in 1914 after the assassination of his uncle Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, and acceded to the throne in 1916 after the old emperor's death.

- Archduchess Zita of Austria (b. 2008). Oldest daughter and child of Archduke Carl Christian of Austria (b. 1977) and Estelle de Saint-Romain (b. 1979). Her father, Carl Christian, is a great grandson of Empress Zita (Archduke Rudolf -> Archduke Carl Ludwig -> Empress Zita)

- Princess Zita Clara of Bourbon-Parma (21 February 2014): oldest daughter of Prince Jaime Bernardo of Bourbon Parma (13 October 1972) and his wife Viktória Cservenyák (25 May 1982). She is named after her paternal great-great aunt Empress Zita of Austria and her maternal great grandmother Klára Killermann. From paternal she descends from prince Xavier of Bourbon-Parma, an older brother of Empress Zita.

- Archduchess Maria Anna Charlotte Zita Elisabeth Regina Therese of Austria (b. 1954). The oldest daughter of Archduke Rudolf (the 5th son of Empress Zita) and Countess Xenia Czernichev-Besobrasov . She married Prince Peter Galitzine (b. 1955) and had 6 children.

More Sixtus' and Zitas that I expected. Thanks!

You are welcome Smiley

Looking at the royal family trees I have noted that in several royal lineage there are also a lot of females who have Zita as part of their baptism names. So not as first name, but still named after.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2019, 10:59:02 AM »

Zita:

- Zita of Bourbon-Parma (Zita Maria delle Grazie Adelgonda Micaela Raffaela Gabriella Giuseppina Antonia Luisa Agnese; 9 May 1892 – 14 March 1989). Born as the seventeenth child of the dispossessed Robert I, Duke of Parma, and his second wife, Infanta Maria Antonia of Portugal, Zita married the then Archduke Charles of Austria in 1911. Charles became heir presumptive to the Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria in 1914 after the assassination of his uncle Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, and acceded to the throne in 1916 after the old emperor's death.

- Archduchess Zita of Austria (b. 2008). Oldest daughter and child of Archduke Carl Christian of Austria (b. 1977) and Estelle de Saint-Romain (b. 1979). Her father, Carl Christian, is a great grandson of Empress Zita (Archduke Rudolf -> Archduke Carl Ludwig -> Empress Zita)

- Princess Zita Clara of Bourbon-Parma (21 February 2014): oldest daughter of Prince Jaime Bernardo of Bourbon Parma (13 October 1972) and his wife Viktória Cservenyák (25 May 1982). She is named after her paternal great-great aunt Empress Zita of Austria and her maternal great grandmother Klára Killermann. From paternal she descends from prince Xavier of Bourbon-Parma, an older brother of Empress Zita.

- Archduchess Maria Anna Charlotte Zita Elisabeth Regina Therese of Austria (b. 1954). The oldest daughter of Archduke Rudolf (the 5th son of Empress Zita) and Countess Xenia Czernichev-Besobrasov . She married Prince Peter Galitzine (b. 1955) and had 6 children.

More Sixtus' and Zitas that I expected. Thanks!

You are welcome Smiley

Looking at the royal family trees I have noted that in several royal lineage there are also a lot of females who have Zita as part of their baptism names. So not as first name, but still named after.

Indeed, it's very often given as an additional name.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2019, 11:13:10 AM »

- Archduchess Gisela of Austria (Gisela Louise Marie; 12 July 1856 – 27 July 1932) The second daughter and eldest surviving child of Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria and Elisabeth in Bavaria. On 20 April 1873, at the age of 16, Gisela was married to Prince Leopold of Bavaria in Vienna. Prince Leopold was a son of Prince Regent Luitpold of Bavaria and Auguste Ferdinande of Austria and Gisela's second cousin. Gisela and Leopold had four children in total.

- Countess Gisela von Seefried auf Buttenheim (b. January 1895 in Troppau; d. 1895 in Troppau) Oldest child and daughter of Princess Elisabeth of Bavaria (1874-1957) and  Otto Ludwig Philipp von Seefried auf Buttenheim (1871-1951). Elisabeth was the first child of Prince Leopold of Bavaria and his wife Archduchess Gisela of Austria. She had placed her family for a fait accompli, when she eloped with Otto and married secretly, as they knew they would never be officially permitted to marry.

- Archduchess Gisela Auguste Anna Maria, born on 5 July 1897; died on 30 March 1901 (aged 3) Second child and oldest daughter of Princess Auguste of Bavaria (1875-1964) and Joseph August, Archduke of Austria (1872-1962). Auguste was the second child and daughter of Prince Leopold of Bavaria and his wife Archduchess Gisela of Austria.

- Princess Gisela Maria Karolina Adelgunde of Bavaria (Full German name: Gisela Maria Karolina Adelgunde, Prinzessin von Bayern)(born 10 September 1964 at Schloss Leutstetten near Starnberg, Germany). Gisela is the seventh and youngest child of Prince Rasso of Bavaria and his wife Archduchess Theresa of Austria. Through her father, Gisela is a great-granddaughter of Ludwig III, the last sovereign of the Kingdom of Bavaria. Gisela married Alexander de Afif, son of Roberto de Afif, Prince of Gessaphe and his wife Princess Anna of Saxony, together they have 4 children.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2019, 11:40:25 AM »

- Grand Duchess Kira Kirillovna of Russia (9 May 1909 – 8 September 1967) was the second daughter of Grand Duke Kirill Vladimirovich of Russia and Princess Victoria Melita of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. She married Louis Ferdinand, Prince of Prussia (1907-1994). The couple had four sons and three daughters. The current heir-apparent to the Prussian and German Imperial throne; Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia is their grandson.

- Princess Kira of Prussia (Kira Auguste Viktoria Friederike; 27 June 1943 – 10 January 2004) was the fourth child and second daughter of Louis Ferdinand, Prince of Prussia and Grand Duchess Kira Kirillovna of Russia. She married Thomas Frank Liepsner in 1973, they were divorced in 1984. They had one daughter, Kira-Marina Liepsner (born 22 January 1977), who married Andreas Felix Paul von Bismarck (born 31 January 1979) in 2005.

- Kira-Marina Liepsner (born 22 January 1977) daughter of Princess Kira of Prussia & Thomas Liepsner. She married Andreas von Bismarck in 2005

- Duchess Rixa of Oldenburg (Rixa Marie-Alix Kira Altburg; born 17 September 1970, Lübeck). Oldest daughter of Princess Marie-Cécile of Prussia and Duke Friedrich August of Oldenburg (who later after their divorce married Donata Countess of Castell-Rüdenhausen, the widow of Marie-Cécile's late brother, Prince Louis Ferdinand.). Marie-Cécile is the oldest daughter of Louis Ferdinand, Prince of Prussia and Grand Duchess Kira Kirillovna of Russia. Rixa married Stephan Sanders in Hamburg-Nienstedten on 13 October 2012.

- Princess Irina Maria Nina Kira of Prussia (b. 4 July 1988)
Daughter of Prince Christian-Sigismund of Prussia (born March 14, 1946) and  his wife Countess Nina Helene Lydia Alexandra zu Reventlow (born Kiel, 13 March 1954). Christian-Sigismund is the 4th son of Louis Ferdinand, Prince of Prussia and Grand Duchess Kira Kirillovna of Russia.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2019, 01:08:47 PM »

I think it is interesting that many of the names have been nicknames of other extremely popular names.
Alix (Xandra, Sandra, Alexa,Alexia and Alice and possibly the Xenia version) comes from the very often used Alexandra. Several other names are derived from eg Elizabeth or Catherine.
I know a family in which all first born girls are called Camilla and they have been making a sport out of finding Camilla-nicknames for the girls that are unique.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2019, 01:13:57 PM »

I think it is interesting that many of the names have been nicknames of other extremely popular names.
Alix (Xandra, Sandra, Alexa,Alexia and Alice and possibly the Xenia version) comes from the very often used Alexandra. Several other names are derived from eg Elizabeth or Catherine.
I know a family in which all first born girls are called Camilla and they have been making a sport out of finding Camilla-nicknames for the girls that are unique.

Interesting observation!

My official RL first name is also seen as an abbreviation of a royal/Biblical female name. It is a bit old fashioned, but still in use.

I have also noticed within some common families here in the NL. That for example every boy or girl have the same name in multiple generations (often as part of multiple names), but that they tried to find unique nicknames (just like the Camilla family you mentioned).

Another weird one is the Heinrich naming in the Ruess family.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 01:51:26 PM by Principessa » Logged
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2019, 01:50:27 PM »

Interesting observation!

I have also noticed within some common families here in the NL. That for example every boy or girl have the same name in multiple generations (often as part of multiple names), but that they tried to find unique nicknames (just like the Camilla family you mentioned).

Wasn't there a rule in Belgium that every seventh child in continuous boy or girl line would be named like the current King/Queen and have them as godfather/mother?

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2019, 01:51:42 PM »

LOL, safe rule as that doesn't very often I believe..

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2019, 01:52:14 PM »

Interesting observation!

Wasn't there a rule in Belgium that every seventh child in continuous boy or girl line would be named like the current King/Queen and have them as godfather/mother?

I personally wouldn't know but an interesting 'rule'
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2019, 01:55:07 PM »

Apparently it is about having the king/queen as a godparent, instead of the naming:

"..De Belgische Koning en Koningin zijn traditiegetrouw peter of meter van de zevende zoon of dochter van een gezin, op voorwaarde dat het kind deel uitmaakt van een ononderbroken reeks van jongens of meisjes..."

=

"...The Belgian King and Queen are traditionally godfather or godmother to the seventh son or daughter of a family, provided that the child is part of a continuous series of boys or girls..."

Source: https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20160313_02179958

"..Koningin Mathilde heeft het meterschap aanvaard van baby Zaineb, het zevende kind van het gezin ‘Tebbi-Sadki’ uit Gent. Dat heeft de persdienst van de stad Gent gemeld.

“Koning Filip was al peter van twee kinderen. Nu is koningin Mathilde ook meter geworden van een tweede, zevende kind in een gezin”, zegt Rafike Yilmaz, woordvoerster van het paleis. “Deze situatie komt ook niet zo vaak voor.”..."

=

"..Queen Mathilde has accepted the metering of baby Zaineb, the seventh child of the "Tebbi-Sadki" family from Ghent. That has been reported by the press service of the city of Ghent.

“King Filip was already the godfather of two children. Now Queen Mathilde has also become the godmother of a second, seventh child in a family, "says Rafike Yilmaz, spokeswoman for the palace. "This situation is not that common either."..."

Source: https://www.hln.be/showbi...Vaw3Nx8l4YgrVUzBRzVrfFuLK
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2019, 02:00:33 PM »

In Belgium it is still the case that the king becomes godfather of the seventh son of a family on the condition that the child is part of a continuous series of seven boys. The queen is a godmother with girls.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2019, 02:06:28 PM »

In Belgium it is still the case that the king becomes godfather of the seventh son of a family on the condition that the child is part of a continuous series of seven boys. The queen is a godmother with girls.

Thanks for looking it up. I knew there was something.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2019, 02:25:39 PM »

- Princess Astrid of Sweden (17 November 1905 – 29 August 1935) The third child and youngest daughter of Prince Carl, Duke of Västergötland, and his wife, Princess Ingeborg of Denmark. In paternal line she was the granddaughter of Oscar II, King of Sweden and Norway, by his wife, Sophia of Nassau. In maternal line the granddaughter of King Frederik VIII of Denmark by his wife, Louise of Sweden. In 1926 Astrid married prince Leopold of Belgium. Upon the death of King Albert I in 1934 the became King Leopold III and Queen Astrid of the Belgians. Together they had 3 children: princess Josephine-Charlotte (who would become Grand Duchess of Luxembourg upon her marriage to Grand Duke Jean), prince Baudouin (become King of the Belgians) and Albert (becomes King of the Belgians as Albert II). On  29 August 1935 Astrid died in een car accident.

- Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg (b. 17 February 1954) The oldest child and daughter of princess Josephine-Charlotte of Belgium and Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg. Therefore a granddaughter of Queen Astrid mentioned above. In 1982 she married her second cousin Archduke Carl Christian of Austria (born in Belśil, 26 August 1954) also known as Christian. They have five children and nine grandchildren.

-Princess Marie-Astrid Nora Margarita Veronica of Liechtenstein (b. Brussels-Uccle, 26 June 1987) The 2nd daughter of Princess Margaretha of Luxembourg and Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein. She is a great granddaughter of Queen Astrid. She is presumably named after her aunt princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg as well as her great-grandmother Queen Astrid.

-Princess Astrid of Belgium (born 5 June 1962 at Belvédčre Castle) The daughter of king Albert II of the Belgians and Donna Paola Ruffo di Calabria. Therefore she is a granddaughter of Queen Astrid. In 1984, she married Archduke Lorenz of Austria-Este, Archduke of Austria, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia (born 16 December 1955), who was created a Prince of Belgium in 1995. They have five children, two sons and three daughters. And 2 grandchildren.

-Anna Astrid (born 17 May 2016 in Brussels) Oldest child and daughter of Prince Amedeo of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este and his wife Nobile Elisabetta "Lili" Maria Rosboch von Wolkenstein. In paternal line she is the 1st grandchild of princess Astrid of Belgium.

-Princess Astrid of Norway (Astrid Maud Ingeborg; born 12 February 1932) The 2nd daughter of King Olav V of Norway and his wife, Princess Märtha of Sweden. She was named after her maternal aunt who was Queen Astrid (Belgium). Princess Astrid married divorced commoner Johan Martin Ferner (22 July 1927 – 24 January 2015), a sailor, Olympic medalist and businessman in Asker in 1961. The couple have five children.

CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2019, 12:23:47 AM »

When does a Prince have the name of Kamill? Aloys Joseph Kamill Leopold Michael Anton Maria (1871-1952) was the 7th Prince of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: