Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal names  (Read 40247 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2019, 09:44:48 AM »

When does a Prince have the name of Kamill? Aloys Joseph Kamill Leopold Michael Anton Maria (1871-1952) was the 7th Prince of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg.

Interesting name, reminded me of the names of the Bulgarian Royals.

Kamil is a name used in a number of languages:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamil

Aloys Joseph Kamill Leopold Michael Anton Maria, Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg:
https://en.wikipedia.org/...nstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg

CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2019, 01:56:32 AM »

Three Kings of Sweden were Gustav Adolf: Gustav II Adolf, Gustav IV Adolf, Gustav VI Adolf. Do you think that Adolf   
will be used as a future Swedish royal name?
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2019, 06:01:43 PM »

My husband has german jewish decent cousins who named the eldest son Adolph for 3 generations. Though they go by Bucks (II) and Trip (III). I think it's an awful thing to do to a baby.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2019, 06:07:46 PM »

Three Kings of Sweden were Gustav Adolf: Gustav II Adolf, Gustav IV Adolf, Gustav VI Adolf. Do you think that Adolf   

Quite, franky, no. This name is doomed for generations.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2019, 11:39:08 AM »

Quite, franky, no. This name is doomed for generations.

I would also think so.

Reminds me of those American neo nazi's who named their children after Third Reich critical members, items and relations. They got into center of attention in 2008 when a supermarket refused to decorate a cake with "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler" for the third birthday of their son Adolf Hitler Campbell.

A US man who named his children after Nazi party figures reportedly changed his name to "Isidore Heath Hitler" on the anniversary of the end of World War II in Europe.

His children:
- JoyceLynn Aryan Nation
- Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie (named after Himmler)
- Adolf Hitler Campbell
- Heinrich Hons

According the latest article I have found all are taken into state care.

And apparently the man had a daughter with another woman, who received the name Eva Braun. She also seems to be taken into state care.

https://www.dw.com/en/fat...name-to-hitler/a-38792953

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heath_Hitler

https://www.huffingtonpos...XD5JpkCqXAenXLb7XBTERo1e0

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 11:44:26 AM by Principessa » Logged
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2019, 05:12:55 PM »

Who was or is Heinrich Hons?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2019, 05:21:36 PM »

Who was or is Heinrich Hons?

According to older articles about this family the 2nd daughter Honszlynn (Hinler) Jeannie was named after Heinrich Himmler. Some sources write it including Hinler, others without. I also don't see it when looking at her name (without the Hinler part). Perhaps a weird mis spelling?

Based on this I assume with Heinrich Hons also Heinrich Himmler was meant.

According to a Dutch article in 2013 (when daddy showed up in nazi outfit, including the hairstyle, at court to obtain right to see his youngest son)
https://www.vernoeming.nl...r-campbell/comment-page-1

Ze heten Adolf Hitler (7), JoyceLynn Aryan Nation (6), Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie (5) en Heinrich Hons (1). Aryan Nations (Arische Naties) is een extreemrechtse groepering. Hinler verwijst naar Heinrich Himmler. Heinrich vermoedelijk ook.

=

They are named Adolf Hitler (7), Joyce Lynn Aryan Nation (6), Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie (5) and Heinrich Hons (1). Aryan Nations (Aryan Nations) is an extreme right-wing group. Hinler refers to Heinrich Himmler. Heinrich probably also.

In the same article the following is stated:
"..After research showed that the children were being abused, Heath and Deborah lost custody. The names did not play an official role in that decision…"

...Heath Campbell demanded on Monday that he be allowed to see his son Heinrich Hons, who is housed in a foster home. The authorities took the child away from him a few hours after his birth in 2011. According to Campbell, it depends on the judge whether his Nazi uniform influences the decision.

Parents in Campbell's home state of New Jersey can give their children any first and last name they want. The law only prohibits obscene and illegible names and numbers and symbols.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 05:28:12 PM by Principessa » Logged
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2019, 06:09:30 PM »

We are certainly off Topic. But while to call a child Adolf Hitler or Aryan Nations is beyond cruel to the child, I don't know what went on in this seriously disturbed father's mind to call his son Heinrich Hons. That makes no sense at all.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Celia

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2019, 06:23:21 PM »

Wouldn't you say that Kamill is the male version of Camille?  Camillus was an ancient Roman name, rendered in French as Camille for men and women.  Camilla in English.  Pretty name.

When does a Prince have the name of Kamill? Aloys Joseph Kamill Leopold Michael Anton Maria (1871-1952) was the 7th Prince of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg.

Interesting name, reminded me of the names of the Bulgarian Royals.

Kamil is a name used in a number of languages:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamil

Aloys Joseph Kamill Leopold Michael Anton Maria, Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg:
https://en.wikipedia.org/...nstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg

CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2019, 01:42:25 AM »

For the Margraviate of Baden, there were five consecutive rulers named Herman:   
Herman I reigned 1073 to 1074.   
Herman II reigned 1074 to 1130.     
Herman III reigned 1130 to 1160.   
Herman IV reigned 1160 to 1190.   
Herman V reigned 1190 to 1243.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2019, 02:37:19 AM »

Another "royal" Herman(n):

Prince Hermann Friedrich of Leiningen, son of prince Karl of Leiningen and princess Marie Louise of Bulgaria. He has an impressive ancestry. Through mother's side he was a nephew of late king Simeon II of Bulgaria

https://en.m.wikipedia.or...nn_Friedrich_of_Leiningen
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: November 30, 2019, 12:57:33 AM »

Herman I (died December 10, 949) was the first Conradine Duke of Swabia (from 926).
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2019, 11:33:16 PM »

How often is a Princess named Claudine? Princess Claudine of Teck (1836-1894) was the daughter of Duke Alexander of Wurttemberg.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2019, 01:11:09 PM »

Beatrice is a name derived from the French name Béatrice, which came from the Latin Beatrix, which means "she who makes happy". Besides being the name of a former Dutch Queen, some Dutch will also recognize the name as Beatrijs (an original Dutch poem, of ca. 1374, about the legend of a nun named Beatrijs. It is often part of the Dutch (literature) classes at school)

Royals/nobles named Beatrix, Béatrice, Beatrice or related:

-Béatrice, Countess of Albon and Dauphine of Viennois (1161–1228)

-Beatrice of Bavaria (1344–1359), Queen consort of Eric XII of Sweden

-Beatrice of Bourbon, Queen of Bohemia, (1320–1383), Queen consort of Bohemia by marriage to John of Bohemia.

-Beatrice, Countess of Alburquerque (1347–1381), daughter of Peter I of Portugal and Inês de Castro, married to Sancho, Count of Alburquerque

-Beatrice, Countess of Arundel (c. 1386–1439), natural daughter of John I of Portugal and Inês Pires.

-Beatrice of Castile (1242–1303), second Queen consort of Afonso III of Portugal

-Beatrice of Castile (1293–1359), Queen consort of Afonso IV of Portugal

-Beatrice d'Este, Queen of Hungary (1215 – before 1245), Queen consort of Hungary as the third wife of King Andrew II of Hungary

-Beatrice of Luxembourg (1305–1319), Queen consort of Charles I of Hungary

-Beatrice of Naples (1457–1508), also known as Beatrice of Aragon, twice Queen consort of Hungary and of Bohemia, having married both Matthias Corvinus and Vladislaus II

-Beatrice of Portugal (1373–c. 1420), daughter of Ferdinand I of Portugal, married to John I of Castile and is considered by some historians to be the 10th Portuguese monarch

-Infanta Beatrice, Duchess of Viseu (1430-1506), mother of King Manuel I of Portugal

-Beatrice of Provence (c. 1229 – 1267), ruling Countess of Provence and Forcalquier from 1245 until her death, and Countess of Anjou and Maine, Queen consort of Sicily and Naples by marriage to Charles I of Naples

-Beatrice of Rethel (c. 1132 – 1185), third Queen consort of the King Roger II of Sicily

-Beatrice of Swabia (1198–1212), Holy Roman Empress and German Queen as the first wife of Otto IV

-Elisabeth of Swabia (1205–1235), renamed Beatrice, Queen consort of Castile and Leon by marriage to Ferdinand III of Castile

-Infanta Beatrice of Portugal (1504–1538) (1504–1538), daughter of Manuel I of Portugal and Maria of Aragon, and married to Charles III, Duke of Savoy

-Infanta Beatriz of Portugal (1530–1530), daughter of John III of Portugal

-Beatrice of Savoy (before 4 March 1223 – 10 May before 1259) was a daughter of Amadeus IV, Count of Savoy and his first wife Marguerite of Burgundy

-Beatrice of Savoy (c. 1198 – c. 1267) was the daughter of Thomas I of Savoy and Margaret of Geneva.

-Beatrice of Savoy(1250-1292) was the daughter of Amadeus IV the Count of Savoy and his second wife, Cecile of Baux.

-Beatrice of Savoy (c.1237-21 April 1310) ruled as Lady of Faucigny, having succeeded her mother, Agnes of Faucigny. She was the only legitimate child of Peter II, Count of Savoy, but did not inherit the county, which passed instead to her uncle.

-Beatrice of England (1242–1275), daughter of Henry III of England and Eleanor of Provence, married John II of Brittany

-Beatrice Bhadrayuvadi (1876–1913), daughter of King Chulalongkorn of Siam (later named Thailand)

-Princess Beatrice of the United Kingdom (1857–1944), youngest daughter of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert

-Princess Beatrice of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (1884–1966), youngest daughter of Duke Alfred of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (aka prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh,, second son of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert) and Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna of Russia (the only surviving daughter of Tsar Alexander II of Russia and Princess Marie of Hesse and by Rhine.

-Princess Beatrice of York (Beatrice Elizabeth Mary; born 8 August 1988) She is the elder daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Sarah, Duchess of York (née Sarah Ferguson). She is ninth in line of succession to the British throne, followed by her sister, Princess Eugenie.  Currently she is engaged to Edoardo Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi (born 1983), a British property developer. He is the founder and chief executive of Banda, a property development and interior design company. Mapelli Mozzi is the son of Count Alessandro "Alex" Mapelli-Mozzi, former British Olympian and member of an Italian noble family whose ancestral seat is the Villa Mapelli Mozzi in the Bergamo region of Italy.His mother is Nicola "Nikki" Williams-Ellis (born Nicola Diana Burrows).

-Beatrix of the Netherlands (Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard, born 31 January 1938) is a princess of the Dutch royal house who reigned as Queen of the Netherlands from 30 April 1980 until her abdication on 30 April 2013. Beatrix is the eldest daughter of Queen Juliana and her husband, Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld. Upon her mother's accession in 1948, she became heir presumptive. In 1966, Beatrix married Claus von Amsberg, a German diplomat, with whom she had three children (sons Willem-Alexander, Johan Friso and Constantijn). When her mother abdicated on 30 April 1980, Beatrix succeeded her as queen. On Koninginnedag (Queen's Day), 30 April 2013, Beatrix abdicated in favour of her eldest son, Willem-Alexander.At the time of her abdication at age 75, Beatrix was the oldest reigning monarch in the country's history
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2019, 05:28:02 PM »

Eugenie/Eugene (and derivations)

- Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank (Eugenie Victoria Helena; born 23 March 1990). the younger daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Sarah, Duchess of York.

- Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark (10 February 1910 – 13 February 1989) was the youngest child and only daughter of Prince George of Greece and Denmark and his wife, Princess Marie Bonaparte.

- Princess Eugénie of Sweden and Norway (Charlotta Eugenia Augusta Amalia Albertina; 24 April 1830 – 23 April 1889) Daughter of King Oscar I of Sweden and Josephine of Leuchtenberg. Named after ancestor Eugène Rose de Beauharnais, Duke of Leuchtenberg

- Doña María Eugenia Ignacia Augustina de Palafox y Kirkpatrick, 16th Countess of Teba, 15th Marchioness of Ardales (5 May 1826 – 11 July 1920), known as Eugénie de Montijo. Daughter of  Don Cipriano de Palafox y Portocarrero (1785–1839), Grandee, whose titles included 8th Count of Ablitas, 9th Count of Montijo, 15th Count of Teba, 8th Count of Fuentidueña, 14th Marquess of Ardales, 17th Marquess of Moya and 13th Marquess of la Algaba[1] and his half-Scottish, quarter-Belgian, quarter-Spanish wife (whom he married on 15 December 1817), María Manuela Enriqueta Kirkpatrick de Closbourn y de Grevigné (24 February 1794 – 22 November 1879). Married to Prince Louis Napoléon. The last Empress of the French (1853–70) as the wife of Emperor Napoleon III.

- Prince Eugene Francis of Savoy–Carignano (18 October 1663 – 21 April 1736) Son of Olympia Mancini and  Eugene Maurice, Count of Soissons, Count of Dreux and Prince of Savoy.

- Eugene Maurice of Savoy (French: Eugène Maurice de Savoie; 2 March 1635 – 6 June 1673). Son of Thomas Francis, Prince of Carignano and Marie de Bourbon, Countess of Soissons

- Eugène Rose de Beauharnais, Duke of Leuchtenberg ([ø.ʒɛn də‿bo.aʁ.nɛ]; 3 September 1781 – 21 February 1824) was the first child and only son of Alexandre de Beauharnais and Joséphine Tascher de la Pagerie, first wife of Napoleon I.

- Eugénie Hortense Auguste Napoléone, known as Eugénie de Beauharnais, princess of Leuchtenberg (22 December 1808 – 1 September 1847) She was the second daughter of Eugène de Beauharnais and Princess Augusta of Bavaria.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: