Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal names  (Read 46432 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: April 09, 2020, 04:31:30 PM »

Theodore is a masculine given name. It comes from the Greek name Θεόδωρος (Theódoros) meaning "God-given" (from the Greek words θεός, (theós) "God" and δώρον (dōron) "gift"). In any form, it means "God-given", or "gift of God": as do the given names Jonathan, Nathaniel, Matthew, Ataullah, Devadatta, Dosetai, Bogdan, and Adeodatus.

The feminine form of Theodore is Theodora. The names Dorothy and Godiva also mean "gift of God".

Theodore I of Corsica (1694–1756), German adventurer who was briefly King of Corsica

Theodore I Laskaris (c. 1174 – c. 1222), first Emperor of Nicaea

Theodora (6th century), wife of Byzantine (Eastern Roman) emperor Justinian I, considered a saint by the Greek Orthodox Church

Theodora of Khazaria, 7th-century empress, wife of Justinian II

Theodora (wife of Theophilos), 9th-century empress

Theodora, wife of Romanos I, 10th-century empress, wife of Romanos I

Theodora, daughter of Constantine VII, 10th-century empress, wife of John I Tzimiskes

Theodora (11th century), empress who ruled 1055-1056

Theodora Palaiologina (Byzantine empress), 13th-century empress, wife of Michael VIII Palaiologos

Theodora Axuchina, empress consort of Alexios I of Trebizond

Theodora of Trebizond, empress regnant from 1284 to 1285

Theodora Kantakouzene, empress consort of Alexios III of Trebizond

Theodora Kantakouzene (wife of Alexios IV of Trebizond), empress consort of Alexios IV of Trebizond

Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark (Greek: Πριγκίπισσα Θεοδώρα της Ελλάδας και Δανίας)(1906 – 1969) was the second child and daughter of Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark and Princess Alice of Battenberg. Theodora married her paternal second cousin Berthold, Margrave of Baden in 1931. They had three children.

Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark (Greek: Θεοδώρα)(1983), also known under her stage name Theodora Greece, is a British actress and member of the Greek royal family and Danish Royal Family. She is currently ninth in the line of succession to the defunct Greek throne. She is the younger daughter and fourth of the five children of the deposed Greek king Constantine II and princess Anne-Marie of Denmark. In November 2018 it was announced that Princess Theodora is engaged to Los Angeles-based attorney, Matthew Kumar. He is the son of Sam and Lonnie Kumar.

Karl-Theodor, Duke in Bavaria (1839 – 1909), was a member of the House of Wittelsbach and a professional oculist. He was the third son of Duke Maximilian in Bavaria and of his wife, Princess Ludovika of Bavaria. He was the favorite brother of the Empress Elisabeth of Austria. In 1865, Karl-Theodor married his first cousin Princess Sophie of Saxony (1845–1867) daughter of King John of Saxony and his maternal aunt Princess Amalie Auguste of Bavaria. They had one child, a daughter. In 1874, Karl-Theodor married Infanta Maria Josepha of Portugal (1857–1943), daughter of exiled King Miguel I of Portugal and Princess Adelaide of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg, and had issue. Five childeren (3 daughters, 2 sons).

Count Carl Theodor of Toerring-Jettenbach (1900 – 1967) son of Duchess Sophie in Bavaria (German: Sophie Adelheid Ludovika Maria Herzogin in Bayern)(1875-1957) (daughter of above mentioned Karl Theodor) and Count Hans Veit (1862 – 1929), head of the mediatized House of Toerring-Jettenbach  He married Princess Elizabeth of Greece and Denmark in 1934. They have two children, six grandchildren and sixteen great-grandchildren.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: April 10, 2020, 09:10:20 PM »

How often is a Queen named Brunhilda? Brunhilda (c. 543-613) was Queen Consort of Austrasia, part of Francia, by marriage to King Sigebert I of Austrasia.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: April 14, 2020, 08:23:36 AM »

How often is a Queen named Brunhilda? Brunhilda (c. 543-613) was Queen Consort of Austrasia, part of Francia, by marriage to King Sigebert I of Austrasia.

Brunhild, also known as Brunhilda or Brynhild (Old Norse: Brynhildr, Middle High German: Brünhilt, Modern German: Brünhild or Brünhilde), is a powerful female figure from Germanic heroic legend. She may have her origins in the Visigothic princess Brunhilda of Austrasia.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: April 14, 2020, 08:25:01 AM »

Sigebert (means roughly 'Magnificent Victory', also Siegbert, Sigbert, Sigibert, Sigeberht, or Siegeberht) was the name of several early Frankish and Anglo-Saxon kings.

- Sigobert the Lame (d. c. 509)

- Sigebert I, king of Austrasia (r. 561–575)

- Sigebert II, king of Austrasia and Burgundy (r. 613)

- Sigebert III, king of Austrasia (r. 634–656)

-Sigebert IV, Prince of Austrasia, grandson of Sigebert III (671–758)

-Sigeberht I the Little, king of Essex (r. 617–653)

-Sigeberht II the Good, king of Essex (r. 653–660)

-Sigeberht of East Anglia saint and king of the East Angles (r. 629–634)

-Sigeberht of Wessex (r. 756–757)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: April 14, 2020, 08:37:50 AM »

Siegfried is a German language male given name, composed from the Germanic elements sig "victory" and frithu "protection, peace". The German name has the Old Norse cognate Sigfriðr, Sigfrøðr, which gives rise to Swedish Sigfrid (hypocorisms Sigge, Siffer), Danish/Norwegian Sigfred. In Norway, Sigfrid is given as a feminine name.

Sigfried (or Siegfried) (c. 922 – 998) was count of the Ardennes and the first person to rule Luxembourg. He was an advocate of the abbeys of St. Maximin in Trier and Saint Willibrord in Echternach. He was the son of Cunigunde, a granddaughter of Louis II, king of France. She had at least two husbands but Sigfried's father was most likely Count Palatine Wigeric of Lotharingia. Sigfried is the ancestor of the first House of Luxembourg. Around 950, he married Hedwig of Nordgau (937–992), daughter of Eberhard IV of Nordgau. They had  issue.

Siegfried, cited in 985; son of Sigfried and Hedwig.

Siegfried I (c. 1230 –  1298), a member of the House of Ascania, ruled as the first Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst from 1252 until his death. Siegfried was the youngest son of Prince Henry I of Anhalt by his wife Irmgard, daughter of the Ludovingian landgrave Hermann I of Thuringia. In1259, Siegfried married Catherine (Karin), daughter of Birger Magnusson, later known as Birger jarl, Regent of Sweden, by his wife Princess Ingeborg Eriksdotter of Sweden, sister of King Eric XI of Sweden. They had ten children.

Siegfried (d. 1317), Son of Siegfried I & Catherine (Karin). He was a canon in Magdeburg.

Siegfried II (d. ca. 1307/1316), a canon in Coswig. Son of Albert I of Anhalt-Zerbst and his 1st wife Liutgard (b. ca. 1251 - d. aft. 28 February 1289), daughter of Count Gerhard I of Holstein-Itzehoe, and widow of Duke John of Brunswick-Lüneburg.

Siegfried I Graf von (Siegfried I, Graf von) Wittgenstein (1238-1287)

Count Siegfried III of Wittgenstein (1311-1373)

Siegfried I Graf von (Siegfried I, Graf von) Runkel (1147-1199)

Siegfried II Graf von (Siegfried II, Graf von) Runkel (1171-1236)

Siegfried III von Runkel und Westerburg. Graf (1202-1254)

Siegfried IV von Runkel Graf von Westerburg (1223-1284)

Archbishop Siegfried [Runkel] of Köln (1265-?Huh?)

Baron Siegfried Of Waldenburg
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: April 14, 2020, 10:04:56 AM »

Hermann or Herrmann is the German origin of the given name Herman.

Herman is masculine given name, from an ancient Germanic name consisting of the elements harja- "army" and mann- "man". Hermine is the feminine form of Herman. It is first recorded in the 8th century, in the forms Hariman, Heriman, Hairman, Herman.

The given name was taken to England by the Normans, but it became obsolescent as an English given name in the later Middle Ages (while remaining common in the other Germanic languages). It regained popularity in the English-speaking world in the 19th century, particularly in the United States amongst German Americans.

Herman remains widely used in Dutch. Variant forms include German Hermann, French Armand, Italian and Iberian Armando, Italian Ermanno.

Herman I (archbishop of Cologne) (d. 924) - He was the son of Erenfried I of Maasgau, of the Ezzonian dynasty.

Herman I, Duke of Swabia (d. 949) the first Conradine Duke of Swabia (from 926), the son of Gebhard, Duke of Lorraine,and a cousin of King Conrad I of Germany. Aside from being duke, Herman was from 939 count in Langau, from 948 count in Auelgau, and from 947 lay abbot of Echternach.

Hermann Billung Duke of Saxony (d. 973) was the Margrave of the Billung March from 936 until his death. The first of the Saxon House of Billung, Hermann was a trusted lieutenant of Otto I, Holy Roman Emperor. Hermann Billung perhaps was married twice, women named Oda and Hildegard are mentioned. He had five children.

Herman II, Duke of Swabia (d. 1003) was a member of the Conradine dynasty. He was duke of Swabia from 997 to his death. Between January and October 1002 Herman II attempted, unsuccessfully, to become king of Germany. Herman II was the son of Conrad I. There is, however, some debate about the identity of Herman's mother. She is often said to be Reglint (or Richlind), daughter of Liudolf, Duke of Swabia, and thus a granddaughter of Emperor Otto I. Others argue that his wife was Judith, daughter of Adalbert of Marchtal (also known as Judith of Öhningen). He married Gerberga of Burgundy, daughter of King Conrad of Burgundy. With Gerberga, Herman had three children.

Herman III, Duke of Swabia (d. 1012) was a member of the Conradine dynasty. He was Duke of Swabia from 1003 until 1012. Hermann was the son of Herman II, Duke of Swabia and his wife Gerberga of Burgundy, daughter of Conrad I of Burgundy. Hermann III did not marry and had no heirs. The male line of the Conradines of Swabia came to an end with his death.

Herman IV, Duke of Swabia (d. 1038) was the Duke of Swabia (1030–1038). He was the second son of Ernest I and Gisela of Swabia. Therefore a nephew to Herman III. In 1037 he married Adelaide of Susa, the marchioness of Turin. Because of a late Austrian source, Herman is sometimes mistakenly said to have had children. This was not the case. Herman was on campaign for much of his short marriage to Adelaide and he died without heirs.

Herman II (archbishop of Cologne) (d. 1056) - He was the son of the Lotharingian Count Palatine Ezzo (955–1043) and his wife Matilda of Germany, Countess Palatine of Lotharingia (979–1025), a daughter of Emperor Otto II and his consort Theophanu.[1] He was a member of the Ezzonian dynasty.

Hermann of Reichenau (1013–1064) a son of the Count of Altshausen. He was crippled by a paralytic disease from early childhood. He was born, with a cleft palate and cerebral palsy and is said to have had spina bifida. He was an 11th-century Benedictine monk and scholar. He composed works on history, music theory, mathematics, and astronomy, as well as many hymns.

Herman of Salm (d. 1088) also known as Herman(n) of Luxembourg, the progenitor of the House of Salm, was Count of Salm and elected German anti-king from 1081 until his death. Hermann was a son of Count Giselbert of Luxembourg (1007–1059). His elder brother Conrad inherited the County of Luxemburg. His wife, Countess Sophia of Formbach, left him a son, Otto, who succeeded him in Salm.

Herman II, Margrave of Baden (d. 1130) was the first to use the title Margrave of Baden, after the family seat at Castle Hohenbaden. Hermann was the son of Hermann I of Baden and Judit of Backnang-Sulichgau. He was ruler of the March of Verona from 1112 until 1130. Hermann II married Judit of Hohenberg and had 2 children.

Hermann III of Baden (c. 1105 – 1160), nicknamed the Great, was Margrave of Verona and Baden. He was the son of Hermann II of Baden[1] and Judith von Hohenberg. He was ruler of the margraviate of Baden from 1130 until 1160.He married Bertha von Lothringen (d. after 1162), in 1134; she was the daughter of Simon I, Duke of Lorraine, and his wife Adelaide of Leuven. They had 2 children. Secondly, he married Maria of Bohemia after 1141. She was the daughter of Duke Sobeslav I of Bohemia.

Hermann IV, Margrave of Baden (1135 – 1190) was titular Margrave of Verona and Margrave of Baden from 1160. He was the son of Hermann III and Bertha of Lorraine. Around 1162 he was married to Bertha (died 1169), the daughter of Count Palatine Ludwig of Tübingen. They had 5 children.

Herman V, Margrave of Baden (c. 1180 – 1243) ruled Verona and Baden from 1190 until his death. He was the son of Herman IV and his wife Bertha of Tübingen. He married in 1217 to Irmengard, Countess Palatine by the Rhine (1200 - 1260); their marriage lasted until Herman V's death. They had 4 children.

Herman VI (c. 1226 – 1250) was Margrave of Baden and titular margrave of Verona from 1243 until his death. He was the son of Margrave Herman V and Irmengard, daughter of Count Palatine Henry V of the Rhine. In 1248, he married Gertrude of Austria, the niece of the last male member of the Babenberg dynasty, Duke Frederick II of Austria (1230–1246), and on the basis of that marriage claimed the duchies of Austria and Styria, leaving the rule over Baden to his younger brother Rudolf. They couple had 2 children.

Herman VII, Margrave of Baden-Baden, nicknamed the Rouser (German: der Wecker), (1266 – 1291), was the ruling Margrave of Baden from 1288 until his death. He was the son of Margrave Rudolf I of Baden and his wife, Kunigunde of Eberstein (c. 1230- 1284/90 in Lichtental), the daughter of Count Otto of Eberstein. He married before 6 October 1278, to Agnes of Truhendingen (died after 15 March 1309). They had 4 children.

Herman VIII, Margrave of Baden-Pforzheim was a son of Margrave Herman VII and his wife Agnes of Truhendingen. From 1291 until his death, he ruled Baden-Pforzheim, the northern part of the Margraviate of Baden, jointly with his brother Rudolf IV.

Herman IX, Margrave of Baden-Eberstein(died 1353) was a titular Margrave of Baden and a ruling Lord of Eberstein He was the son of Margrave Frederick II and his first wife Agnes of Weinsberg (d. 1320). On or before 3 June 1341, he married Mathilda of Vaihingen (d. 1381). They had one son.

Herman van Hoorn, bishop of Utrecht (d. 1156) son of Thiery de Looz, Count of Hoorn, and grandson of Emmo, Count of Looz.

Hermann I (German: Hermann von Cilli, Slovene: Herman Celjski)(around 1333 – 1385), Count of Celje, was a Styrian nobleman, who was head of the House of Celje between 1359 and 1385.  He was the second-born son of Frederick of Sanneck, first Count of Celje, and his wife Diemut from the noble Wallsee family. Hermann was married to Catherine of Bosnia, a princess from the ruling Kotromanić dynasty. Two of their children survived infancy.

Hermann II, Count of Celje (1365–1435) was a Styrian nobleman and magnate most notable as the faithful supporter and father-in-law of the Hungarian king Sigismund of Luxembourg. Hermann II was the younger son of Count Hermann I of Celje and his wife, Catherine of Bosnia. The House of Celje were Styrian vassals of the Habsburg dukes of Styria and Carinthia with estates along the river Savinja, in present-day Slovenia, as well as in much of Carniola and parts of Carinthia. Hermann's mother was a member of the House of Kotromanić, daughter of Ban Stephen II of Bosnia and thus cousin of the first King of Bosnia, Tvrtko I. Hermann II married Anna, daughter of Count Henry of Schaunberg and Ursula of Gorizia, in c. 1377. They had six children.

Hermann III (1380–1426) son of Hermann II and Anna of Schaunberg. Married first to Elizabeth of Abensberg, had a daughter; married second to Beatrice of Wittelsbach, daughter of duke Ernst of Bavaria, no issue

Herman IV of Celje (1439 – 1452). Son of Ulrich II, Count of Celje and his wife Kantakuzina Katarina Branković, a daughter of Đurađ Branković and Eirene Kantakouzene.

Hermann of Wied (German: Hermann von Wied) (1477 – 1552) was the Archbishop-Elector of Cologne from 1515 to 1546. The fourth son of Frederick, count of Wied (d. 1487), Hermann was educated for the Church.

Herman Achille, Count Van Rompuy (Dutch: Herman Achille, Graaf Van Rompuy, )(1947) is a Belgian politician, who served as Prime Minister of Belgium from 2008 to 2009 and then as the first permanent President of the European Council from 2009 to 2014. Son of Dr., later Professor of Economics, Victor Lodewijk Maurits "Vic" van Rompuy (1923 – 2004) and wife Germaine Geens (1921 – 2004). Van Rompuy is married to Geertrui Windels, with whom he has four children.

Hermann von Salza (or Hermann of Salza)( c. 1165 – 1239) was the fourth Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights, serving from 1210 to 1239. A skilled diplomat with ties to the Holy Roman Emperor and the Pope, Hermann oversaw the expansion of the military order into Prussia. Hermann von Salza was born to a dynasty of ministeriales of the Thuringian landgraves.

Herman of Nassau (German: Hermann von Nassau) (†  before 1206), was count of Nassau. He later became a clergyman. Herman was the son of count Rupert III of Nassau and Elisabeth of Leiningen. He probably wasn't married and died without offspring.

Herman II, Count of Weimar-Orlamünde (c. 1184 – 1247) was a member of the House of Ascania. He ruled the County of Weimar-Orlamünde from 1206 until his death. He was the youngest son of Count Siegfried III (c. 1155 – 1206) and his wife Sophie (1159 – c. 1208), a daughter of King Valdemar I of Denmark. Herman II married Princess Beatrix of Andechs-Merania, the daughter of Duke Otto I of Merania. She was the heir to the Lordship of Plassenburg, including Kulmbach and Mittleberg, and to the Lordship of Berneck, including Goldkronach, meinau, Wirsberg, Pretzendorf, Zwernitz Castle and Trebgast. Herman II and Beatrix had 5 children.

Herman "the Elder", was a clergyman, son of Herman II & Beatrix of Andechs-Merania.

Herman III, Count of Weimar-Orlamünde (c. 1230 – 1283) was a member of the Weimar-Orlamünde branch of the House of Ascania. Herman III was a son of Herman II (d. 1247) and his wife, Beatrix of Andechs-Merania (d. 1265). His wife, whose name is unknown, died after 21 July 1279. They had four children.

Herman V (before 1287 – after 1312) son of Herman III and his unknown wife.

Herman (d. 1319) son of Otto III. Weimar-Orlamünde (sometimes called Otto IV) (1244 – 1285) and  Agnes of Truhendingen (d. 1285). Therefore in paternal line a nephew of Herman III.

Hermann, Prince of Wied (German: Wilhelm Hermann Karl Fürst von Wied)(1814 – 1864) was a German nobleman, elder son of Johann August Karl, Prince of Wied. He was the father of Queen Elisabeth of Romania and grandfather of William, Prince of Albania.  Hermann was the second child and first son of Johann August Karl, Prince of Wied (1779–1836), son of Friedrich Karl, Prince of Wied and Countess Marie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, and his wife, Princess Sophie Auguste of Solms-Braunfels (1796–1855), daughter of William, Prince of Solms-Braunfels and his wife Countess Auguste of Salm-Grumbach. Hermann married in 1842 Princess Marie of Nassau (1825–1902), daughter of William, Duke of Nassau and his first wife Princess Louise of Saxe-Hildburghausen. They had three children.

Herman I, Count of Wied (reign: 1581–91)

Herman II, Count of Wied (reign: 1581–1631)

Hermann Leiningen or Prince Hermann Friedrich of Leiningen (1963) (His Serene Highness, Prince Hermann Friedrich Fernando Roland zu Leiningen) is the younger son of Prince Karl of Leiningen and his wife Princess Marie Louise of Bulgaria. In 1987), Hermann married Deborah Cully (1961), daughter of Robert and Myrna Ruth Cully. They have three children, all daughters.

Erbgraf Hermann zu Stolberg-Wernigerode (1802-1841) Son of Heinrich zu Stolberg-Wernigerode and Caroline Alexandrine Henriette Jeannette von Schönburg-Waldenburg. He married Emma Luise Sophie Victoria Henriette Adelheid Charlotte zu Erbach-Fürstenau. The couple had 3 children.

Prince Hermann zu Stolberg-Wernigerode (1867-1913) Son of Otto zzu Stolberg-Wernigerode and Anna Elisabeth Reuss. He married Dorothea Anna Agnes zu Solms- Hohensolms-Lich.

Hermann Ernst Franz Bernhard, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (1832 – 1913) was the 6th Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg and the second son of Ernst I, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg and Princess Feodora of Leiningen (half-sister of Queen Victoria). In 1862, he married Princess Leopoldine of Baden, daughter of Prince William of Baden. They had three children (one son and two daughter.

Count Hermann I of Montfort Bregenz (1403-1435) son of Count Hugo XIV of Montfort and ?.  He married Margaretha von Cilli and had 4 children.

Count Hermann II of Montfort Bregenz (1434-1482) son of Count Hermann I and Margaretha von Cilli. He married Baroness Cäcilia of Liechtenstein-Murau and had 5 children.

Count Hermann III of Montfort (1469-?Huh?) son of Count Hermann II of Montfort Bregenz and Baroness Cäcilia of Liechtenstein-Murau.

Count Hermann V of Montfort (1521-?Huh?) son of George III van Montfort and Katharina of Poland. In paternal line a nephew of Count Hermann III.

Count Hermann I of Virneburg (1087-1143) son of Count Bernardus of Virneburg and ?.

Count Hermann II of Virneburg (1104-1157) son of Count Hermann I of Virneburg and ?.

Count Hermann III of Virneburg (1122-1208), son of Count Hermann II of Virneburg ?.

Count Hermann IV of Virneburg (1140-1191), son of Count Hermann III of Virneburg and ?. He married Ida of Cuyck-Arnsberg.

Herman V von Virneburg Graf von Virenburg (± 1190-± 1254) son of Gottfried von Virneburg and ?. Grandson of Count Hermann IV of Virneburg and Ida of Cuyck-Arnsberg.

Prince Hermann Ludwig Heinrich von Pückler-Muskau (born as Count Pückler, from 1822 Prince) (1785 – 1871) was a German nobleman, renowned as an accomplished artist in landscape gardening, as well as the author of a number of books mainly centering around his travels in Europe and Northern Africa, published under the pen name of "Semilasso". He was the first of five children of Count Carl Ludwig Hans Erdmann Pückler, and the Countess Clementine of Callenberg (who gave birth to him at the age of 15). In compensation for certain privileges which he resigned, he was raised to the rank of "Fürst" by King Frederik Wilhelm III of Prussia. In 1817 he had married the Dowager Countess Lucie von Pappenheim, née von Hardenberg, daughter of Prussian statesman Prince Karl August von Hardenberg; the marriage was legally dissolved after nine years, in 1826, though they did not separate and remained on amicable terms. Dying childless, the castle and estate passed to the heir to the Princely title, his nephew Heinrich von Pueckler, with money and the inventory to his niece Marie von Pachelbl-Gehag, née von Seydewitz.

Baron Hermann of Metternich (1496-1560), son of Dieter I von Metternich and Margaretha Weyer von Nickenich.

Baron Hermann III of Rennenberg (1292-1331), son of Baron Rorich I of Rennenberg and Mechtilde (Mathilde) von Virneburg. Married Barones Agnes of Rennenberg. They had issue.

Baron Hermann IV of Rennenberg (1319-?Huh?), son of Baron Hermann III of Rennenberg and Barones Agnes of Rennenberg

Baron Hermann von Soden (1852 – 1914) was a German Biblical scholar, minister, professor of divinity, and textual theorist.

Hermann Freiherr von Richthofen (1933) is a German diplomat. He is a great nephew of Manfred von Richthofen, the "Red Baron". Hermann von Richthofen was married and had three children with his wife.

Hermann Freiherr von Stein (1859 – 1928) was a Bavarian Army General. The son of  Bernhard Ferdinand Freiherr von Stein zu Nord- und Ostheim  and his wife Luise, born Freiin Löw von und zu Steinfurt. He married in 1885  Karoline (Lina) Marie Dorotheé Valentine Josepha von Heckel (1860–1927). The couple had a son.

Baron Hermann V of Rennenberg (1348-1421), son of Baron Rorich II of Rennenberg and Nesa von Isenburg Braunsberg. They had issue

Baron Hermann of Rennenberg (1376-?Huh?), son of Baron Hermann V of Rennenberg and ?.

Freiherr Hermann Arnold Adrian von Wachtendonk (1666-1702) son of Anna Theodora von Wendt zu Holtfeld and Anton Arnold von Wachtendonk. He married Anna Maria Auguste von Weichs zur Wenne. They had 3 daughters.

Hermann Freiherr von  Humboldt

Hermann Friedrich Wilhelm Karl August Theodor, Freiherr von Dungern (1836-1880) Son of Emil August Viktor Freiherr von Dungern and Dorothea Natalie von Dungern (Marschall von Bieberstein). He married Wilhelmine Freiin von Dungern and had issue.

Freiherr Hermann Wilhelm Karl von Dungern (1874-1947) Son of Hermann Freiherr von Dungern and Wilhelmine Freiin von Dungern. He married Marie von Hesse and had issue.

Freiherr Hermann-Heinrich Alfred Alexander Karl von Dungern (1898-?) Son of Freiherr Hermann von Dungern and Maria von Hesse. He married and divorced Adelheid von Veltheim. They had issue
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: April 14, 2020, 02:01:40 PM »

Grace is a feminine given name from the Latin gratia. It is often given in reference to the Christian concept of divine grace and used as a virtue name.

Grace Patricia Kelly (1929 – 1982) was an American film actress who, after starring in several significant films in the early- to mid-1950s, became Princess of Monaco by marrying Prince Rainier III in April 1956. Daughter of Irish-American John B. Kelly Sr. and  Margaret Katherine Majer (who had German parents). Despite her parents' initial disapproval, Kelly decided to pursue her dreams of becoming an actress. She was rather succesful. In 1955 she met prince Rainier III of Monaco. After a year-long courtship described as containing "a good deal of rational appraisal on both sides", Prince Rainier married Grace Kelly in 1956. The couple had three children. On September 13, 1982, Kelly was driving back to Monaco from her country home in Roc Agel when she had, believed by doctors, a minor stroke. As a result, she lost control of her car and drove off the steep, winding road and down the 120 foot (37 m) mountainside. Her daughter Stéphanie, who was in the passenger seat, tried but failed to regain control of the car. She died the following night at 10:55 p.m. after Rainier decided to take her off life support. Stéphanie suffered a light concussion and a hairline fracture of a cervical vertebra, and was unable to attend her mother's funeral.

Grace, Lady Manners (c.1575 – c.1650) was an English noblewoman who lived at Haddon Hall near Bakewell, Derbyshire. She founded Bakewell's Lady Manners School in 1636. Grace Pierrepont was the daughter of Sir Henry Pierrepont, a Knight of the Garter, and Frances Cavendish. In 1593 Grace was married to Sir George Manners (1569-1623). She had 9 children.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: April 14, 2020, 02:12:47 PM »

Valerie is generally a feminine given name, derived directly from the French Valérie (a female-only name). Valéry or Valery is a masculine given name in parts of Europe (particularly in France and Russia), as well as a common surname in Francophone countries. Another, much rarer, French masculine form can be Valėre.

Both feminine and masculine forms have derivatives in many European languages and are especially common in Russian and other Eastern European languages. However, the masculine form is not always a cognate of the feminine: it can have a distinct etymology.

Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria (1868 – 1924) was the third daughter and fourth and last child of Franz Joseph I of Austria and Elisabeth of Bavaria. Her given name was Marie Valerie Mathilde Amalie, but she was usually called Valerie. In 1890, Valerie married her second cousin Archduke Franz Salvator. Marie Valerie and Franz Salvator had 10 children.

Countess Marie Valerie von Waldburg-Zeil (1913–2011), daughter of Archduchess Elisabeth Franziska of Austria (1892–1930) and Georg Count von Waldburg zu Zeil und Hohenems (1878–1955). In maternal line she is a granddaughter of Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria. She married Archduke Georg of Austria, Prince of Tuscany (1905–1952) in 1936. He was the younger son of Archduke Peter Ferdinand of Austria and his wife, Princess Maria Cristina of Bourbon-Two Sicilies.

Archduchess Valerie of Austria (German: Valerie Isabelle Marie Anna Alfonsa Desideria Brigitte Sophia Thomasia Huberta Josepha Ignatia, Erzherzogin von Österreich, Prinzessin von Toskana)(1941), Valerie was the ninth child and seventh daughter of Archduke Hubert Salvator of Austria and his wife Princess Rosemary of Salm-Salm. In paternal line she is a granddaughter of Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria. Valerie married Maximilian, Margrave of Baden, second child and eldest son of Berthold, Margrave of Baden and his wife Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark, in 1966. Valerie and Maximilian have four children together.

Archduchess Maria Valerie of Austria (1931) Daughter of Archduke Clemens Salvator and Elisabeth Rességuier de Miremont. In paternal line she is a granddaughter of Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria. She Married Mario Heinrich von Ledebur-Wicheln.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: April 14, 2020, 02:15:32 PM »

Theodore is a masculine given name. It comes from the Greek name Θεόδωρος (Theódoros) meaning "God-given" (from the Greek words θεός, (theós) "God" and δώρον (dōron) "gift"). In any form, it means "God-given", or "gift of God": as do the given names Jonathan, Nathaniel, Matthew, Ataullah, Devadatta, Dosetai, Bogdan, and Adeodatus.

The feminine form of Theodore is Theodora. The names Dorothy and Godiva also mean "gift of God".

Theodore I of Corsica (1694–1756), German adventurer who was briefly King of Corsica

Theodore I Laskaris (c. 1174 – c. 1222), first Emperor of Nicaea

Theodora (6th century), wife of Byzantine (Eastern Roman) emperor Justinian I, considered a saint by the Greek Orthodox Church

Theodora of Khazaria, 7th-century empress, wife of Justinian II

Theodora (wife of Theophilos), 9th-century empress

Theodora, wife of Romanos I, 10th-century empress, wife of Romanos I

Theodora, daughter of Constantine VII, 10th-century empress, wife of John I Tzimiskes

Theodora (11th century), empress who ruled 1055-1056

Theodora Palaiologina (Byzantine empress), 13th-century empress, wife of Michael VIII Palaiologos

Theodora Axuchina, empress consort of Alexios I of Trebizond

Theodora of Trebizond, empress regnant from 1284 to 1285

Theodora Kantakouzene, empress consort of Alexios III of Trebizond

Theodora Kantakouzene (wife of Alexios IV of Trebizond), empress consort of Alexios IV of Trebizond

Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark (Greek: Πριγκίπισσα Θεοδώρα της Ελλάδας και Δανίας)(1906 – 1969) was the second child and daughter of Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark and Princess Alice of Battenberg. Theodora married her paternal second cousin Berthold, Margrave of Baden in 1931. They had three children.

Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark (Greek: Θεοδώρα)(1983), also known under her stage name Theodora Greece, is a British actress and member of the Greek royal family and Danish Royal Family. She is currently ninth in the line of succession to the defunct Greek throne. She is the younger daughter and fourth of the five children of the deposed Greek king Constantine II and princess Anne-Marie of Denmark. In November 2018 it was announced that Princess Theodora is engaged to Los Angeles-based attorney, Matthew Kumar. He is the son of Sam and Lonnie Kumar.

Karl-Theodor, Duke in Bavaria (1839 – 1909), was a member of the House of Wittelsbach and a professional oculist. He was the third son of Duke Maximilian in Bavaria and of his wife, Princess Ludovika of Bavaria. He was the favorite brother of the Empress Elisabeth of Austria. In 1865, Karl-Theodor married his first cousin Princess Sophie of Saxony (1845–1867) daughter of King John of Saxony and his maternal aunt Princess Amalie Auguste of Bavaria. They had one child, a daughter. In 1874, Karl-Theodor married Infanta Maria Josepha of Portugal (1857–1943), daughter of exiled King Miguel I of Portugal and Princess Adelaide of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg, and had issue. Five childeren (3 daughters, 2 sons).

Count Carl Theodor of Toerring-Jettenbach (1900 – 1967) son of Duchess Sophie in Bavaria (German: Sophie Adelheid Ludovika Maria Herzogin in Bayern)(1875-1957) (daughter of above mentioned Karl Theodor) and Count Hans Veit (1862 – 1929), head of the mediatized House of Toerring-Jettenbach  He married Princess Elizabeth of Greece and Denmark in 1934. They have two children, six grandchildren and sixteen great-grandchildren.

Archduke Theodor Salvator of Austria (1899–1978), son of Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria and Archduke Franz Salvator of Austria-Tuscany. He married Countess Maria Theresa of Waldburg-Zeil-Trauchburg, had issue.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: April 14, 2020, 03:05:19 PM »

Agnes is a female given name, which derives from the Greek name Ἁγνή Hagnḗ, meaning "pure" or "holy". The name passed to Italian as Agnese, to Portuguese as Inês, and to Spanish as Inés.

Archduchess Agnes Christina of Austria (German: Agnes Christina, Erzherzogin von Österreich, Prinzessin von Toskana)(1928 – 2007) was a member of the Tuscan line of the House of Habsburg and an Archduchess of Austria and a Princess of Tuscany by birth. She was the great-granddaughter of Emperor Franz Joseph of Austria-Hungary. She was the second child and eldest daughter of Archduke Hubert Salvator of Austria and his wife Princess Rosemary of Salm-Salm. Agnes Christina married Prince Karl Alfred of Liechtenstein, third child and second-eldest son of Prince Aloys of Liechtenstein and his wife Archduchess Elisabeth Amalie of Austria, in 1949. Together they had 7 children.

Archduchess Agnes of Austria (1911-1911), died at the age of eight hours. Youngest child of Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria (1868-1924) and Archduke Franz Salvator of Austria (1866-1939).

Agnes I, Abbess of Quedlinburg (c. 1090-1125), Princess-Abbess of Quedlinburg

Agnes of Antioch, (1154–c. 1184), Queen consort of Hungary

Agnes of Babenberg (c. 1108/13–1163), High Duchess of Poland and Duchess of Silesia

Agnes of Bohemia (1211-1282), Bohemian princess and saint

Agnes of Brandenburg (c. 1257–1304), Queen consort and regent of Denmark

Agnes of Burgundy, Duchess of Aquitaine (died 1068)

Agnes of Burgundy, Duchess of Bourbon (1407-1476)

Agnes of Courtenay (c. 1136–c. 1184), Queen consort of Jerusalem

Agnes of France, Byzantine Empress (1171–after 1207)

Agnes of France, Duchess of Burgundy (c. 1260–1327)

Agnes of Germany (1072-1143), Duchess consort of Swabia by her first marriage, Margravine consort of Austria by her second

Agnes of Habsburg (c. 1257–1322), Duchess of Saxony

Princess Agnes of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (1804-1833). Agnes was the eleventh child of Karl Ludwig III, Prince von Hohenlohe-Langenburg and his wife Countess Amalie Henriette of Solms-Baruth. Agnes married Constantine, Hereditary Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg, eldest child and only son of Karl Thomas, Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg and his wife Princess Sophie of Windisch-Grätz, in  1829.  Agnes and Constantine had two children

Princess Agnes of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg (1866 - 1954) Daughter of Charles, 6th Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg and Princess Adelheid of Ysenburg-Büdingen (1841–1861).

Princess Agnes of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg (1902) Daughter of Aloys, 7th Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg and Countess Josephine Kinsky von Wchinitz und Tettau

Agnes of Hohenstaufen (1176–1204), Countess Palatine of the Rhine

Agnes Hotot (14th century), English noblewoman known for winning a lance fight

Agnes of Merania (died 1201), Queen of France

Agnes of the Palatinate (1201–1267), Duchess of Bavaria

Agnes of Poitou (1025-1077), Holy Roman Empress and regent

Agnes of Rochlitz (died 1195), Duchess of Merania and Countess of Andechs

Mihrişah Valide Sultan or Sultana Mehr-î-Shah (ca. 1745–1805), spouse of Ottoman Sultan Mustafa III, mother of Caliph Sultan Selim III, believed to have the given name Agnès

Agnes Howard, Duchess of Norfolk (c. 1477–1545)

Agnes Macdonald, 1st Baroness Macdonald of Earnscliffe (1836-1920), second wife of Sir John A. Macdonald, the first Prime Minister of Canada

Agnes Randolph (c. 1312–1369), Countess of Dunbar and March

Agnes Bernauer, morganatic wife of Albert III, Duke of Bavaria

Agnes of Burgundy, Duchess of Aquitaine, (c. 995–1068), wife of William V, Duke of Aquitaine

Agnes of Poitou, (c. 1025–1077), wife of Henry III, Holy Roman Emperor

Agnes of Aquitaine, Queen of León and Castile, (died c. 1078), wife of Alfonso VI of Castile

Agnes of Aquitaine, Countess of Savoy, (died c. 1097), wife of Peter I of Savoy

Agnes of Aquitaine, Queen of Aragon and Navarre, (1072–1097), wife of King Peter I of Aragon and Navarre

Agnes of Aquitaine, Queen of Aragon, (c. 1105 – c. 1159) wife of Aimery V of Thours and Ramiro II of Aragon

Agnes, wife of Ramiro I of Aragon, (fl. 1054–1062), perhaps of Aquitaine, perhaps identical to the Countess of Savoy

Agnes of Austria (1154–1182), daughter of Henry II, Duke of Austria, married firstly Stephen III of Hungary, secondly to Herman II, Duke of Carinthia

Agnes of Austria (1281–1364), daughter of Albert I of Germany, married Andrew III of Hungary

Agnes of Austria (1322–1392), daughter of Leopold I, Duke of Austria, married Bolko II the Small

Agnes of Babenberg (1108/13–1160/63), daughter of Leopold III, Margrave of Austria, married Władysław II the Exile

Agnes of Habsburg (1257–1322), daughter of Rudolph I of Germany, married Albert II, Duke of Saxony

Lady Agnes Ashton (1559-1611)

Agnes Randolph, Countess of Dunbar and March (c. 1312–1369), known as Black Agnes for her dark complexion, was the wife of Patrick, 9th Earl of Dunbar and March. She is buried in the vault near Mordington House.She was the daughter of Thomas Randolph, Earl of Moray, nephew and companion-in-arms of Robert the Bruce, and Moray's wife, Isabel Stewart, herself a daughter of John Stewart of Bonkyll. In 1324 Agnes married Patrick, ninth earl of Dunbar and March, governor of Berwick. It seems that there were no surviving children of the marriage between Agnes and the Earl.

Agnes Dunbar (fl. late 14th century) was a mistress of King David II of Scotland, son of Robert the Bruce. She was the niece (and possibly fosterling) of Agnes Randolph, Countess of Dunbar and March. Her mother was Isabella Randolph, sister of Countess Agnes and daughter of Thomas Randolph, first Earl of Moray. Her father, Sir Patrick Dunbar, was the son of Sir Alexander Dunbar and grandson of Patrick, seventh Earl of Dunbar, and his wife, Cecilia.She was first married to a man called Robert, and they had children. She appears to have become a mistress of King David II around 1369. In 1372 she married Sir James Douglas of Dalkeith. Their son was James Douglas, 1st Lord Dalkeith. Their great-grandson was James Douglas, 1st Earl of Morton.

Isabel Agnes Countess Bothwell Stewart Buchan (1480-1557) Agnes Stewart was natural daughter of James, Earl of Buchan, who was second son of Sir James Stewart, the Black Knight of Lorn, by Queen Joan, widow of King James I. and thus the uterine brother of King James II. She had, before her marriage, borne to King James IV a daughter named Janet Stewart, who was married (contract penult February 1523) to Malcolm (third Lord Fleming.) The spouses had a charter dated 28 October 1527, wherein she is designate sister of the King (i.e. of King James V). Agnes married Adam, Earl of Bothwell.

Ágnes Esterházy (born Agnes Gräfin Josika von Branyitska)(1891-1956) was a Hungarian film actress, who worked mainly in Austria and Germany. Ágnes Esterházy was born Agnes Gräfin Josika von Branyitska in 1891, the daughter of Count Josika von Branyitska and Countess Agnes Esterházy.  She married actor Fritz Schulz in 1910.

Agnes Esterházy van Galántha (1827-1899)

Duchess Agnes of Württemberg (German: Herzogin Pauline Louise Agnes von Württemberg)(1835 - 1886) was a German aristocrat and writer under the pseudonym of Angela Hohenstein. She was  the youngest child of Duke Eugen of Württemberg (1788–1857), (son of Duke Eugen of Württemberg, and Princess Louise of Stolberg-Gedern (1764-1834)) by his second marriage to Princess Helene of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, (daughter of Charles Louis, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg and Countess Amalie of Solms-Baruth). In1858 at Karlsruhe to Heinrich XIV, Prince Reuss Younger Line (1832–1913), son of Heinrich LXVII, Prince Reuss Younger Line and Princess Adelheid of Reuss-Ebersdorf. They had two children.

Agnes Howard (née Tilney) (c. 1477 – 1545) was the second wife of Thomas Howard, 2nd Duke of Norfolk. Two of King Henry VIII's queens were her step-granddaughters, Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard. Agnes Tilney, born around 1477, was the daughter of Hugh Tilney of Skirbeck and Boston, Lincolnshire, by Eleanor, daughter of Walter Tailboys and Alice Stafford Cheyney. In 1497 she married Thomas Howard. They had 7 children.

Agnes Freiin von Hoenning O'Carroll (1936-2014). She was the daughter of Zdenko Freiherr von Hoenning O'Carroll and Margarite Prinzessin von Lobkowicz. She married Serafim Nikolaievich Miloradovich, son of Nikolay Leonidovich Miloradovich, in 1959. Her married name became Miloradovich. The couple had 3 children

Freiin Agnes von Bischoffshausen (von Bodenhausen) (1849-1935)

Agnes Freiin von Gutschmid (von Gutschmid / Gutschmied) (1842-1924)

Agnes Freiin von Locquenghien (1862-1932)

Jonkvrouwe Agnes van den Brandeler (1918-?)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: April 15, 2020, 09:36:34 AM »

Wolrad:

Count Wolrad I of Waldeck (c. 1399 – after 1 February 1475) was a son of Count Henry VII of Waldeck and his wife Margaret of Nassau-Wiesbaden-Idstein. He was named after his maternal grandfather, and was to first Wolrad in the House of Waldeck. He succeeded his father as the reigning Count of Waldeck-Waldeck in 1442 – whether this was before or after his father's death is still unclear. The House Waldeck had been split since 1397 into the senior Waldeck-Landau line and the junior Waldeck-Waldeck line. In 1440 Wolrad married Barbara of Wertheim, a daughter of Count Michael I of Wertheim. They had three children.

Wolrad II of Waldeck (also spelled Vollrad, nicknamed the Scholar)(1509 -1575) was the son of Philip III of Waldeck-Eisenberg (1486 – 1539) and Adalheid of Hoya (1472 – 1539).
He was the reigning Count of Waldeck-Eisenberg from 1539 until his death, and the progenitor of the Middle House of Waldeck-Eisenberg. In 1546 he married Anastasia Günthera of Schwarzburg-Blankenburg (1528 –  1570), the daughter of Henry XXXII of Schwarzburg-Blankenburg (1498-1538) and Catherine of Henneberg (1508-1567) The couple had 13 children.

Wolrad III of Waldeck (1563 – 1587) son of Wolrad II of Waldeck & Anastasia Günthera of Schwarzburg-Blankenburg

Wolrad IV, Count of Waldeck (1588-1640) was a count of Waldeck and founder of the new line of Waldeck-Eisenberg. He was the son of Josias I and his wife, Countess Marie of Barby-Mühlingen. He married in 1607 to Anna of Baden-Durlach; he had ten children with her.

Henry Wolrad, Count of Waldeck (1642 - 1664) was from 1645 Count of Waldeck-Eisenberg and Lord of Culemborg. He was the son of Count Philip Dietrich of Waldeck-Eisenberg and his wife Maria Magdalena of Nassau-Siegen. He married in 1660 Elisabeth Juliane, a daughter of Count Philip VII of Waldeck-Wildungen. The marriage remained childless.

Prince Wolrad of Waldeck and Pyrmont (German: Prinz Victor Wolrad Friedrich Adolf Wilhelm Albert zu Waldeck und Pyrmont)(1892 – 1914) was the youngest child of George Victor, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont by his second wife Princess Louise of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg. Wolrad grew up without his father, who died one year after his birth. He was raised by his mother; his half brother, reigning prince Friedrich also looked after his welfare. He died in action, during WW I. He died unmarried.

Ernst Wolrad, Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe (1887 – 1962) was a head of the Princely House of Schaumburg-Lippe. The fourth son of Georg, Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe and his wife, Princess Marie Anne of Saxe-Altenburg (1864–1918). He succeeded his brother Prince Adolf II as head of the Princely House following his death in a plane crash in Mexico in 1936. In 1925 he was married to his second cousin, Princess Bathildis of Schaumburg-Lippe (1903–1983), only daughter of Prince Albert of Schaumburg-Lippe and Duchess Elsa of Württemberg. They had four children.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: April 15, 2020, 09:48:16 AM »

Konrad is a German (with variants Kunz and Kunze) and Polish given name and surname that means "Bold Counselor".  Variation is Conrad.

Prince Konrad of Bavaria (German: Konrad Luitpold Franz Joseph Maria Prinz von Bayern)(1883 – 1969) was a member of the Bavarian Royal House of Wittelsbach. He was the youngest child of Prince Leopold of Bavaria and his wife Archduchess Gisela of Austria. In 1921 Prince Konrad married Princess Bona Margherita of Savoy-Genoa, the daughter of Prince Tomaso of Savoy-Genoa and Princess Isabella of Bavaria. The couple had 2 children.

Konrad Maria Eusebius Prinz zu Hohenlohe-Waldenburg-Schillingsfürst (1863 – 1918) was an Austrian aristocrat and statesman. He briefly served as Prime Minister of Austria (Cisleithania) in Austria–Hungary in 1906. The son of Prince Konstantin of Hohenlohe-Schillingsfürst (1828–1896), k.u.k. Chief Intendant and General of the Cavalry, and his wife Marie née Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (1837–1920), a daughter of Carolyne zu Sayn-Wittgenstein, known for her liaison with Franz Liszt. In 1888 Prince Konrad married Countess Franziska of Schönborn-Buchheim (1866-1937). One of their six children, Princess Franziska of Hohenlohe-Waldenburg-Schillingsfürst (1897-1989), by her marriage with Archduke Maximilian Eugen of Austria, became the sister-in-law of Archduke Karl Franz of Austria, the last Emperor of Austria.

Conrad I of Germany (890–918)

Conrad the Red (922–955)

Conrad II, Holy Roman Emperor (990–1039)

Conrad III of Germany (1093–1152)

Conrad IV of Germany (1228–1254)

Conrad V of Germany (1252–1268)

Conrad I, Duke of Bavaria (1020–1055)

Conrad II, Duke of Bavaria (1052–1055)

Conrad of Burgundy (925–993)

Conrad I, Duke of Carinthia (975–1011)

Conrad II, Duke of Carinthia (1003–1039)

Conrad I, Count of Luxembourg (1040–1086)

Conrad II, Count of Luxembourg (died 1136)

Conrad II of Italy (1074–1101)

Conrad of Montferrat (1140s–1192)

Conrad I, Burgrave of Nuremberg (1186–1261)

Conrad I, Duke of Swabia (died 997)

Conrad II, Duke of Swabia (1173–1196)

Konrad I of Masovia (1187–1247)

Konrad IV of Germany (1228–1254)

Konrad II of Germany and Italy (1074–1101)

Konrad I, Count of Württemberg (died 1110)

Konrad II, Count of Württemberg (died 1143)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: April 15, 2020, 09:56:30 AM »

Konrad is a German (with variants Kunz and Kunze) and Polish given name and surname that means "Bold Counselor".  Variation is Conrad.

Prince Konrad of Bavaria (German: Konrad Luitpold Franz Joseph Maria Prinz von Bayern)(1883 – 1969) was a member of the Bavarian Royal House of Wittelsbach. He was the youngest child of Prince Leopold of Bavaria and his wife Archduchess Gisela of Austria. In 1921 Prince Konrad married Princess Bona Margherita of Savoy-Genoa, the daughter of Prince Tomaso of Savoy-Genoa and Princess Isabella of Bavaria. The couple had 2 children.

Konrad Maria Eusebius Prinz zu Hohenlohe-Waldenburg-Schillingsfürst (1863 – 1918) was an Austrian aristocrat and statesman. He briefly served as Prime Minister of Austria (Cisleithania) in Austria–Hungary in 1906. The son of Prince Konstantin of Hohenlohe-Schillingsfürst (1828–1896), k.u.k. Chief Intendant and General of the Cavalry, and his wife Marie née Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (1837–1920), a daughter of Carolyne zu Sayn-Wittgenstein, known for her liaison with Franz Liszt. In 1888 Prince Konrad married Countess Franziska of Schönborn-Buchheim (1866-1937). One of their six children, Princess Franziska of Hohenlohe-Waldenburg-Schillingsfürst (1897-1989), by her marriage with Archduke Maximilian Eugen of Austria, became the sister-in-law of Archduke Karl Franz of Austria, the last Emperor of Austria.

Conrad the Red (922–955)

There's an old German saying of:

That doesn't interest Hinz und Kunz. (=meaning no one is interested)

Or: Hinz and Kunz know this (meaning everyone knows it).

Hinz and Kunz are Heinrich and Konrad and obviously these names were so popular that they became synonyms for everyone.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: April 15, 2020, 11:00:19 AM »

Eugene is a common masculine given name that comes from the Greek εὐγενής (eugenēs), "noble", literally "well-born", from εὖ (eu), "well" and γένος (genos), "race, stock, kin".Gene is a common shortened form. The feminine variant is Eugenia or Eugenie.

Egon, a common given name in parts of central and northern Europe, is also a variant of Eugene.

Prince Eugen of Bavaria (German: Eugen Leopold Adelaide Thomas Maria Prinz von Bayern) (1925 – 1997) was a member of the Bavarian Royal House of Wittelsbach. The only son of Prince Konrad of Bavaria and his wife Princess Bona Margherita of Savoy-Genoa. In 1970, Prince Eugen married Countess Helene of Khevenhüller-Metsch (1921-2017), daughter of Count Franz of Khevenhüller-Metsch and Princess Anna of Fürstenberg. Countess Helene was previously married to Prince Konstantin of Bavaria, who lost his life in a plane crash on 30 July 1969 The couple did not have any children together, but Helene had a daughter from her previous marriage.

Eugene Maurice of Savoy (French: Eugène Maurice de Savoie)(1635 – 1673) was an Italian-French general and nobleman. A count of Soissons, he was the father of imperial field-marshal Prince Eugene of Savoy. He was son of Thomas Francis, Prince of Carignano and Marie de Bourbon, Countess of Soissons. In 1657 he married Olimpia Mancini, a niece of cardinal Mazarin, daughter of Michele Mancini and Geronima Mazarini.

Prince Eugene Francis of Savoy–Carignano (1663 – 1736) was a field marshal in the army of the Holy Roman Empire and of the Austrian Habsburg dynasty during the 17th and 18th centuries. Son of  Olympia Mancini and  Eugene Maurice, Count of Soissons, Count of Dreux and Prince of Savoy. From the age of ten, Eugene had been brought up for a career in the church; a personal choice of the King, basing the decision on the young Prince's poor physique and bearing. In 1683, to the surprise of his family, Eugene declared his intention of joining the army.

Prince Eugen Napoleon Nicolaus of Sweden and Norway, Duke of Närke (1865 – 1947), was a Swedish painter, art collector and patron of artists. The fourth and youngest son of Prince Oscar, Duke of Östergötland. His mother was Sophia of Nassau. Eugen never married, in an era when royal princes almost always found princesses to wed. His homosexual orientation was unknown to the general public.

Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank (Eugenie Victoria Helena) (1990), is a member of the British royal family as the younger daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Sarah, Duchess of York. She is tenth in the line of succession to the British throne, after her elder sister, Princess Beatrice of York.  In 2018 she married her long time boyfriend Jack Christopher Stamp Brooksbank (1986) who is a British wine merchant and brand ambassador.

Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg (Victoria Eugenie Julia Ena)(1887 –1969) was Queen of Spain as the wife of King Alfonso XIII. A Hessian princess by birth, she was a member of the Battenberg family, a morganatic branch of the House of Hesse-Darmstadt. Her father was Prince Henry of Battenberg, the fourth child and third son of Prince Alexander of Hesse and by Rhine by his morganatic wife Countess Julia von Haucke, and her mother was Princess Beatrice, the fifth daughter of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom and Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. Princess Victoria Eugenie married King Alfonso XIII of Spain in 1906. After the wedding ceremony, the royal procession was heading back to the Royal Palace when an assassination attempt was made on the King and Queen. When anarchist Mateu Morral threw a bomb from a balcony at the royal carriage. Victoria Eugenie's life was saved because, at the exact moment the bomb exploded, she turned her head in order to see St. Mary's Church, which Alfonso was showing her. She escaped injury. After the inauspicious start to her tenure as Queen of Spain, Victoria Eugenie became isolated from the Spanish people and was unpopular in her new land. Also after birth of her children it became clear she passed haemophilia to some of her sons. Alfonso is alleged never to have forgiven Victoria Eugenie nor to have come to terms with what had happened. King Alfonso XIII and Queen Victoria Eugenie had seven children, five sons and two daughters.

Doña María Eugenia Ignacia Augustina de Palafox y Kirkpatrick, 16th Countess of Teba, 15th Marchioness of Ardales (1826 –1920), known as Eugénie de Montijo , was the last Empress of the French (1853–70) as the wife of Emperor Napoleon III.  Born in Granada, Spain, to Don Cipriano de Palafox y Portocarrero (1785–1839), Grandee (who held various titles) and his  his half-Scottish, quarter-Belgian, quarter-Spanish wife María Manuela Enriqueta Kirkpatrick de Closbourn y de Grevigné (1794 – 1879).  In
1853 she married Emperor Napoleon III (Louis Napoleon). They had 1 son  Napoléon Eugène Louis Jean Joseph Bonaparte.

Eugène Rose de Beauharnais, Duke of Leuchtenberg (1781 – 1824) was the first child and only son of Alexandre de Beauharnais and Joséphine Tascher de la Pagerie, first wife of Napoleon I. In 1806, two days after his adoption by Napoleon, Eugène married Princess Augusta Amalia Ludovika Georgia of Bavaria (1788–1851), eldest daughter of Napoleon's ally, King Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria. Eugène and Augusta had seven children.

Eugénie Hortense Auguste Napoléone, known as Eugénie de Beauharnais, princess of Leuchtenberg (1808 – 1847) was a Franco-German princess. She was the second daughter of Eugène de Beauharnais and Princess Augusta of Bavaria, and a member of the House of Beauharnais. In 1826 she married Constantine, Prince of Hohenzollern-Hechingen. The couple remained childless.

Princess Eugénie of Sweden and Norway (Charlotta Eugenia Augusta Amalia Albertina)(1830 –1889) was a member of the royal House of Bernadotte and a philanthropist and amateur artist. Eugénie was born to King Oscar I of Sweden and Josephine of Leuchtenberg as their 4th child and only daughter. She was named after her maternal grandfather, Eugen of Leuchtenberg. She never married and was childless.

Princess Eugenia Amalie of Urach (1848–1867) daughter of  Wilhelm, Count of Württemberg (afterwards Duke of Urach) and Théodolinde de Beauharnais, Princess of Leuchtenberg (1814 – 1857),

Princess Eugenia Maximilianovna of Leuchtenberg (Russian: Евгения Максимилиановна Лейхтенбергская) (1845 – 1925) was a daughter of Maximilian de Beauharnais, 3rd Duke of Leuchtenberg and his wife Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna of Russia. In 1868, she married her distant cousin, Duke Alexander Petrovich of Oldenburg. The couple had an only child, Duke Peter Alexandrovich of Oldenburg.

Eugen Maximilianovich Romanowsky, 5th Duke of Leuchtenberg, Prince Romanowsky (1847 – 1901) was a son of Maximilian de Beauharnais, 3rd Duke of Leuchtenberg and Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna of Russia Duke of Leuchtenberg. He succeeded his brother Nicholas Maximilianovich as Duke of Leuchtenberg from 1891 until his death. In 1869, he married Daria Konstantinowa Opotschinina, the granddaughter of Mikhail Kutuzov: she was made Countess of Beauharnais (died 1870 in childbirth). They had 1 daughter, Daria. In 1878 he married Zeneïde Dmitrijewna Skobelew (also known as Zina) (died 1899), sister to the Russian general Mikhail Skobelev. Zina later had an open long-term affair with Grand Duke Alexei Alexandrovich of Russia.

Prince Eugéne Kotchoubey de Beauharnais (1894-1951) son of Daria, Countess de Beauharnais (1870-1937) and her 1st husband Prince Leon Kotchoubey (1862-1927).

Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark (Greek: Πριγκίπισσα Ευγενία της Ελλάδας και Δανίας) (1910 – 1989) was the youngest child and only daughter of Prince George of Greece and Denmark and his wife, Princess Marie Bonaparte, daughter of Marie-Félix Blanc and Prince Roland Bonaparte, a great-nephew of Napoleon I. Her father was the second son of George I of Greece and Olga Constantinovna of Russia. She married Prince Dominik Rainer Radziwiłł, member of the House of Radziwiłł, in 1938 in Paris. They divorced in 1946. They had two children. Eugénie remarried in 1949 to Prince Raymundo della Torre e Tasso, Duke of Castel Duino, a cadet member of the House of Thurn and Taxis. Their marriage also ended in divorce, in 1965. They had one son.

Egon VIII of Fürstenberg-Heiligenberg (1588–1635), Imperial Count of Fürstenberg-Heiligenberg (1618–1635) and a military leader in the Thirty Years' War. His father was Frederick IV of Fürstenberg (1563–1617), and his mother was Elizabeth of Sulz (1562/63-1601). Egon married Anna Maria of Hohenzollern-Hechingen (1605–1652), the daughter of Georg of Hohenzollern-Hechingen. They had seven sons and four daughters

Franz Egon von Fürstenberg-Heiligenberg (1626 – 1682) son of Egon VIII and Anna Maria of Hohenzollern-Hechingen. He became eventually Prince Bishop of Strassburg.

Herman Egon, Prince of Fürstenberg-Heiligenberg (1627 – 1674) son of Egon VIII and Anna Maria of Hohenzollern-Hechingen. He was Hofmeister, Chamberlain, Privy Councillor and Hofmarschall to Elector Ferdinand Maria of Bavaria. In 1655, Herman Egon was married in Stühlingen with Maria Franziska of Fürstenberg-Stühlingen (d. 1680). With her, he had eight children

Anton Egon (1656 – 1716), a member of the Swabian House of Fürstenberg, was Imperial Prince and Princely Landgrave of Fürstenberg-Heiligenberg from 1674 until his death. He also served as governor of the Electorate of Saxony under the Wettin prince-elector Augustus II the Strong. Son of Herman Egon and Maria Franziska. In 1677 he married Marie (1656-1711), a daughter of Jean, Marquis de Ligny and Elizabeth Boyer. The marriage produced four children

Felix Egon (1657 - 1686), High Provost of the Electorate of Cologne. Son of Herman Egon and Maria Franziska

Max Egon Ferdinand (1661 - 1696), French general Son of Herman Egon and Maria Franziska

Emanuel Franz Egon (1663 - 1688), Son of Herman Egon and Maria Franziska  Imperial colonel; married Katharine Charlotte von Wallenrodt (mistress of his uncle William) in 1685

John Egon (1667 - bef. 1670) Son of Herman Egon and Maria Franziska

Johann Egon (1628 – 1629), son of Egon VIII and Anna Maria of Hohenzollern-Hechingen.

Ernst Egon (1631 – 1652 in the Battle of Etampes), son of Egon VIII and Anna Maria of Hohenzollern-Hechingen.

Wilhelm Egon von Fürstenberg-Heiligenberg (1629 – 1704) was a German count and later prince of Fürstenberg-Heiligenberg in the Holy Roman Empire. He was a clergyman who became bishop of Strasbourg. Son of Egon VIII and Anna Maria of Hohenzollern-Hechingen.

Egon Freiherr von Eickstedt (1892 – 1965) was a German physical anthropologist who classified humanity into races.

Prince Egon von Fürstenberg (Eduard Egon Peter Paul Giovanni Prinz zu Fürstenberg)(1946 – 2004) was a socialite, banker, fashion and interior designer, and member of the German aristocratic family Fürstenberg. He was the elder son of Prince Tassilo zu Fürstenberg (1903–1989) and his first wife Clara Agnelli (1920-2016), elder sister of Fiat's chairman Gianni Agnelli. In 1969, he married fashion designer Diane von Fürstenberg, with whom he had two children Prince Alexandre Egon (1970) and Princess Tatiana Desirée (1971). The couple separated in 1973 and divorced in 1983. The same year, he married Lynn Marshall (1950), an American and a Mississippi native who was co-owner of a flower shop; the couple remained childless.

Maximilian Egon II, Prince of Fürstenberg (1863 – 1941) was a German landowner, investor, and the head of the House of Fürstenberg. He was the son of Prince Maximilian Egon zu Fürstenberg, and his wife Countess Leontina von Khevenhüller-Metsch. By his marriage to Countess Irma von Schönborn-Buchheim, he had three sons and two daughters.

Karl Egon V zu Fürstenberg (1891–1973) son of Maximilian Egon II and Countess Irma von Schönborn-Buchheim

Maximilian Egon zu Fürstenberg (1896–1959)  son of Maximilian Egon II and Countess Irma von Schönborn-Buchheim

Charles Egon IV Maria Frédéric Emile Kaspar Henri Guillaume Kamill Max Louis Victor, prince of Fürstenberg (1852 –  1896) was a German prince. The son of Charles Egon III of Fürstenberg and his wife Elisabeth, youngest daughter of Heinrich XIX, Prince Reuss of Greiz. In 1881 he married countess Dorothée "Dolly" de Talleyrand-Périgord (1862–1948), daughter of duke Napoléon-Louis de Talleyrand-Périgord (son of duke Edmond de Talleyrand-Périgord and princess Dorothée de Courlande) and his wife Pauline de Castellane (daughter of marshal Boniface de Castellane and his wife Louise-Cordélia Greffulhe).

Charles Egon III of Fürstenberg (German: Karl Egon III. Leopold Maria Wilhelm Maximilian Fürst zu Fürstenberg)(1820 – 1892) was an officer in the armies of the Grand Duchy of Baden and the Kingdom of Prussia, rising to Cavalry General. He was born in Donaueschingen, the son of Charles Egon II, Prince of Fürstenberg and Amalie of Baden.  He was married and had issue.

Charles Egon II, Prince of Fürstenberg (German: Karl Egon II. Fürst zu Fürstenberg)(1796 – 1854) was a German politician and nobleman. The only son of the Austrian general Karl Aloys zu Fürstenberg and his wife princess Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis.  In 1818 he married Amalie of Baden, a daughter of Charles Frederick, Grand Duke of Baden and his second wife Louise Caroline, Countess von Hochberg. They had 7 children.

Maximilian Egon I (1822-1873) son of Charles Egon II, Prince of Fürstenberg & Amalie of Baden. Married in 1860 Countess Leontine von Khevenhüller-Metsch

Emil Egon (1825- 1899) son of Charles Egon II, Prince of Fürstenberg & Amalie of Baden. Married in 1875 Countess Leontine von Khevenhüller-Metsch

Eugénie Laetitia Bonaparte (Eugénie Laetitia Barbe Caroline Lucienne Marie Jeanne Bonaparte)(1872 – 1949) was the youngest daughter of Napoléon Charles Bonaparte, 5th Prince of Canino and princess Maria Cristina Ruspoli. In 1898 in Rome she married Léon Napoléon Ney (1870-1928), 4th Prince de la Moskowa, but the marriage ended in divorce in 1903.

Archduke Eugen Ferdinand Pius Bernhard Felix Maria of Austria-Teschen (1863 – 1954) was an Archduke of Austria and a Prince of Hungary and Bohemia. He was the last Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights from the Habsburg dynasty. Eugen was the son of Karl Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria (son of Archduke Charles, Duke of Teschen) and of his wife Archduchess Elisabeth Franziska of Austria.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: April 15, 2020, 11:01:09 AM »

Conrad the Red (922–955)

There's an old German saying of:

That doesn't interest Hinz und Kunz. (=meaning no one is interested)

Or: Hinz and Kunz know this (meaning everyone knows it).

Hinz and Kunz are Heinrich and Konrad and obviously these names were so popular that they became synonyms for everyone.

Thank you very much for this interesting information  Thumb up
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: