Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal names  (Read 56339 times)
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2019, 03:28:49 AM »

Prince Luis Fernando (1888-1945) was baptized with the name Luis Fernando Maria Zacarias. The name Zacarias was in honor of Saint Zechariah on whose feast day Luis Fernando was born: November 5th.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2019, 02:51:59 AM »

How often is a prince named Anselm? Anselm Franz (1681-1739) was the second Prince of Thurn and Taxis from 1714 until 1739.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2019, 02:49:57 AM »

How often is a Princess named Polyexna? Princess Polyexna of Hesse-Rheinfels-Rotenburg (1706-1735) was the second wife of Charles Emmanuel, Prince of Piedmont.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2019, 02:43:39 AM »

How often is a Prince named Januarius? Prince Januarius (1857-1867) of the Two Sicilies was the son of King Ferdinand II of the Two Sicilies. He was named for Saint Januarius, the patron saint of Naples.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2019, 07:43:40 AM »

How often is a Prince named Januarius? Prince Januarius (1857-1867) of the Two Sicilies was the son of King Ferdinand II of the Two Sicilies. He was named for Saint Januarius, the patron saint of Naples.

The female version Januaria: Was a princess of Brazil, the daughter of Pedro I.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2019, 02:41:28 AM »

Princess Marie Frederica of Hesse-Kassel (1804-1888) was the daughter of William II, Elector of Hesse and Princess Augusta of Prussia.   
Princess Augusta's name was Christine Friederike (Frederica) Auguste. Her mother was Frederika Louisa of Hesse-Darmstadt.s
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2019, 03:55:28 AM »

Princess Marie Frederica of Hesse-Kassel (1804-1888) was the daughter of William II, Elector of Hesse and Princess Augusta of Prussia.   
Princess Augusta's name was Christine Friederike (Frederica) Auguste. Her mother was Frederika Louisa of Hesse-Darmstadt.s

I wish the name "Sybilla" would make a comeback in royal circles - hasn't been used since CG's mother, I believe.  Even as a second name - wouldn't Alice Sybilla Frances make a nice name for a 2nd Princess of Cambridge (or even Sussex, in a pinch 😁).   I would love to see "Christine Frederike" make a comeback in the Danish/Swedish/Norwegian royal name pool, as well. 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2019, 03:57:36 PM »

Sybilla of Luxembourg (great-grand-daughter of Victoria Eugenie of Spain.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2019, 04:40:39 AM »

How often is a Princess named Annunciata? Princess Maria Annunciata of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (1843-1871) was the daughter of King Ferdinand II of the Two Sicilies.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2019, 04:50:44 AM »

I wish the name "Sybilla" would make a comeback in royal circles - hasn't been used since CG's mother, I believe.  Even as a second name - wouldn't Alice Sybilla Frances make a nice name for a 2nd Princess of Cambridge (or even Sussex, in a pinch 😁).   I would love to see "Christine Frederike" make a comeback in the Danish/Swedish/Norwegian royal name pool, as well. 

Baroness Sybilla von Dincklage is the daughter of Princess Margaretha, the sister of King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden. Sybilla was named after her maternal grandmother.
Royal Di

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2019, 07:47:15 AM »

I wish the name "Sybilla" would make a comeback in royal circles - hasn't been used since CG's mother, I believe.  Even as a second name - wouldn't Alice Sybilla Frances make a nice name for a 2nd Princess of Cambridge (or even Sussex, in a pinch ).   I would love to see "Christine Frederike" make a comeback in the Danish/Swedish/Norwegian royal name pool, as well.

Baroness Sybilla von Dincklage is the daughter of Princess Margaretha, the sister of King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden. Sybilla was named after her maternal grandmother.
Sybilla of Luxembourg (great-grand-daughter of Victoria Eugenie of Spain.)

Here is the lowdown on how these three names should be written ... interestingly, no one's name is "SYBILLA."

1. King Carl Gustaf's mother was born Princess Sibylla Calma Marie Alice Bathildis Feodora of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, spelled SIBYLLA.

2. Baroness von Dincklage was named after her grandmother, and is, thus, named SIBYLLA Louise Ambler. 

3. Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg, Henri's brother, is married to the former SIBILLA Weiller.  She is now SIBILLA of Luxembourg.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2019, 07:58:01 AM »

How often is a Princess named Annunciata? Princess Maria Annunciata of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (1843-1871) was the daughter of King Ferdinand II of the Two Sicilies.

Archduchess Maria Annunciata was the second daughter of Archduke Karl Ludwig. She was clearly named for his deceased second wife (see above).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2019, 09:17:43 AM »

Archduchess Maria Annunciata was the second daughter of Archduke Karl Ludwig. She was clearly named for his deceased second wife (see above).

And don't forget Maria Annunciata of Liechtenstein, oldest daughter of prince Nikolaus and princess Margareta (née princess of Luxembourg).

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2019, 10:22:30 AM »

Indeed. How couldI forget her? She's a beautiful young lady.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2019, 02:43:33 AM »

Princess Victoria Melita of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (1876-1936) was the daughter of Alfred, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha and Grand Duchess Marie Alexandrovna of Russia. Victoria was born in San Anton Palace in Attard, Malta. Her second name of Melita comes from Malta. Thus she was named after a geographic location and not a royal relative.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: