Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal names  (Read 40216 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2019, 08:23:18 AM »

Wolfgang used to be quite a common name in German speaking countries. F.e. Prince Wolfgang of Hesse*1896, son of Margarete of Prussia.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2019, 10:10:07 AM »

Wolfgang used to be quite a common name in German speaking countries. F.e. Prince Wolfgang of Hesse*1896, son of Margarete of Prussia.

Indeed I have seen it more often when looking at family trees and genealogy of royal and noble families.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2019, 10:19:25 AM »

Horrid name, very popular in the 50's, along with other equally awkward names.
In Germany you can mostly tell the age or generation to which a person belongs by his or first name. Almost all Wolfgangs alive today were born in the 50s and 60s.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2019, 11:22:14 AM »

Friederike and related variations as name for royals, often used in the past. Well know Friederike is:

- Frederica of Hanover (Friederike Luise Thyra Victoria Margarita Sophia Olga Cecilia Isabella Christa; Greek: Φρειδερίκη της Ελλάδας; pronounced [friđeˈrici ˈtis eˈlađas]; 18 April 1917 – 6 February 1981) She was the only daughter and third child of Ernest Augustus, then reigning Duke of Brunswick, and his wife Princess Viktoria Luise of Prussia, herself the only daughter of the German Emperor Wilhelm II.  Apparently it was proposed and/or suggested by Adolf Hitler (to her parents) that Frederica would marry Edward VIII. Frederica married her mother's paternal first cousin prince Paul of Greece, who succeeded to the Greek throne as Paul I. Together they had 3 children: Sophia (the later Queen Sofia of Spain), Constantine (the later king Constantine II of the Hellenes) and Irene.

Other royal/noble Friederikes and related names.

- Princess Friederike Caroline Luise of Hesse-Darmstadt (20 August 1752 – 22 May 1782) was a member of the House of Hesse and by marriage a Duchess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
She is the direct most recent common matrilineal ancestress (through women only) of Queen Margarethe II of Denmark, King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands, King Albert II of Belgium, King Harald V of Norway, and Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg.

- Princess Frederica of Hanover, (9 January 1848 – 16 October 1926). Frederica was born 9 January 1848 in Hanover, the elder daughter of the Hereditary Prince of Hanover (later King George V of Hanover) and of his wife, Princess Marie of Saxe-Altenburg. She was courted by royal men, among others prince Leopold of GB. But she fell in love with and married Baron Alfons von Pawel-Rammingen (who became a neutralised British subject).

- Friederike "Frederica" Dorothea Wilhelmina of Baden (12 March 1781 – 25 September 1826). The daughter of Karl Ludwig of Baden and Amalie of Hesse-Darmstadt. On 6 October 1797, Frederica was married per procura to king Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden in Stralsund in Swedish Pomerania, with the Swedish negotiator baron Evert Taube as proxy for the monarch.

- Frederica of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (Friederike Louise Caroline Sophie Charlotte Alexandrine) (3 March 1778 – 29 June 1841). She was the fifth daughter of Charles II, Duke of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, and his first wife, Frederica, daughter of Prince George William of Hesse-Darmstadt. She married firstly Prince Frederick Louis Charles of Prussia.  Frederica did not enjoy a happy marriage. Although her husband died only three years after the wedding, Louis was said to have preferred the company of his mistresses and completely neglected his wife, or at least, that is her version. In 1798 Frederica became pregnant. The father was Prince Frederick William of Solms-Braunfels. The prince recognized his paternity and requested her hand in marriage, a proposal that was quickly granted in order to avoid scandal. On 10 December of that year, the couple was married in Berlin and immediately moved to Ansbach. Her husband turned into an alcoholic and died in 1814. Frederica married Ernest Augustus, King of Hanover on 29 May 1815 at the parish church of Neustrelitz.Some time later, the couple traveled to Great Britain and married again on 29 August 1815 at Carlton House, London. Ernest was the fifth son of King George III of the United Kingdom and Hanover. According to the stories Frederica had been unofficially engaged previously to the younger brother of her 3rd husband: Prince Adolphus, Duke of Cambridge (in 1797). The relationship eventually ended, with rumors circulating that either Adolphus had offered to release Frederica from the engagement, or - as Queen Charlotte believed - Frederica had jilted him for another man. From all 3 marriages Frederica had issue.

- Princess Frederica Charlotte of Prussia (Friederike Charlotte Ulrike Katharina; 7 May 1767 – 6 August 1820). She was the eldest child of the future Frederick William II of Prussia, and the only child of his first wife and cousin, Elisabeth Christine of Brunswick-Lüneburg. On 29 September 1791 at Charlottenburg Palace, she married Prince Frederick, Duke of York and Albany, the second son of the British king George III. There was a second marriage ceremony at Buckingham House on 23 November. The marriage was, however, not a happy one, and after three years, it had become apparent that the Duke and Duchess of York would have no issue. Frederica Charlotte and Frederick separated and the Duchess retired to Oatlands Park, Weybridge, where she lived eccentrically until her death. Their relationship after separation appears to have been amicable, but there was never any question of reconciliation.

- Princess Frederica of Prussia (30 September 1796 – 1 January 1850) was a daughter of Prince Louis Charles of Prussia and Frederica of Mecklenburg-Strelitz. On 18 April 1818, Frederica married Leopold IV, Duke of Anhalt in Berlin. They had six children.

- Princess Frederica Amalia of Denmark and Norway (11 April 1649 – 30 October 1704) was the second daughter of King Frederick III of Denmark and Sophie Amalie of Brunswick-Lüneburg. She was married at Glücksburg Castle on 24 October 1667 to Duke Christian Albert of Holstein-Gottorp as part of a peace treaty between Denmark and Holstein-Gottorp. They had 4 children.

- Frederica Louisa of Hesse-Darmstadt (Friederike Luise; 16 October 1751 – 25 February 1805) was the daughter of Louis IX, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt, and Caroline of Zweibrücken. She was Queen consort of Prussia as the second spouse of King Frederick William II.  They had issue.

- Princess Friederike Luise of Prussia (German: Friederike Luise von Preußen) (29 August 1714 – 4 February 1784) was a daughter of Frederick William I of Prussia and Sophia Dorothea of Hanover. On 30 May 1729 in Berlin, Friederike Luise married her Hohenzollern kinsman Karl Wilhelm Friedrich, Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbach (12 May 1712 – 3 August 1757). They had two children.

- Princess Friederike of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Beck (1780–1862), daughter of Friedrich Karl Ludwig, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Beck.

- Princess Friederike of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg (9 October 1811 – 10 July 1902) was a daughter of Friedrich Wilhelm, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg and Princess Louise Caroline of Hesse-Kassel and an elder sister of Christian IX of Denmark. Friederike became the Duchess of Anhalt-Bernburg upon her marriage to Alexander Karl, Duke of Anhalt-Bernburg, the last Duke of Anhalt-Bernburg. By November 1855 the Duke was confined to Schloss Hoym due to a progressive mental illness (some sources state that he suffered from schizophrenia). They had no issue.

- Princess Friederike of Hanover (born 15 October 1954 at Salem, Baden-Württemberg, Germany),  the youngest child and only daughter of Prince George William of Hanover and his wife Princess Sophie of Greece and Denmark. Friederike married Jerry William Cyr (born 16 January 1951), son of Gordon Paul Cyr and Emma Grandbois, on 17 August 1979 in Vancouver, Canada. Frederike and Jerry have two children.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2019, 01:34:27 AM »

How often is a Princess named Ernestine? Princess Ernestine Auguste Sophie of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1740-1786) married Duke Ernest Frederick III of Saxe-Hildburghausen.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2019, 11:36:57 AM »

Ernest en Ernestine ??  Interesting combo 

In NL we had something similar in de past Willem & Wilhelmina

Stadhouder Willem V (1748-1806) and his wife princess Wilhelmina of Prussia.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2019, 01:00:06 PM »

Well the German versions are Ernst and Ernestine.

But honestly I really know a pair, who're called Johann and Johanna.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2019, 01:26:05 PM »

Yup, they exist Smiley

Former neighbor couple (2 females) of mine were named Robin & Robin.
Or a Dutch couple (man-female) who came into trouble abroad in the nineties: Hennie & Hennie.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2019, 04:19:08 PM »

Royals named Felix:

- Prince Félix of Bourbon-Parma (Félix Marie Vincent; 28 September 1893 – 8 April 1970), son of the deposed Robert I, Duke of Parma. Husband of Charlotte, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg and the father of her six children, including her successor: Grand Duke Jean.
- Prince Félix of Luxembourg, son of Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg and Prince of Nassau. Great grandson of the former mentioned Félix.

- Archduke Felix of Austria (given names: Felix Friedrich August Maria vom Siege Franz Joseph Peter Karl Anton Robert Otto Pius Michael Benedikt Sebastian Ignatius Marcus d'Aviano; 31 May 1916 – 6 September 2011). Third son of Emperor Karl I and Empress Zita of Austria.  He married to Duchess Anna-Eugénie of Arenberg (1925–1997). They had seven children, and twenty-six grandchildren. This Felix was a nephew of Prince Félix of Bourbon-Parma, a younger brother of his mother Zita (née princess of Bourbon-Parma). I guess he was named after this uncle (and or the name runs in the Bourbon-Parma family).

- Prince Felix of Denmark (Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian; born 22 July 2002), is the younger son of Prince Joachim of Denmark and his former wife, Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg.

- Felix Ludwig Johann Friedrich, Prince of Schwarzenberg (German: Felix Ludwig Johann Friedrich Prinz zu Schwarzenberg; Czech: Felix Ludvík Jan Bedřich princ ze Schwarzenbergu; 2 October 1800 – 5 April 1852) was a Bohemian nobleman and an Austrian statesman who restored the Austrian Empire as a European great power following the Revolutions of 1848. Felix was born at Český Krumlov Castle (German: Böhmisch Krumau) in Bohemia, the second son of Prince Joseph of Schwarzenberg (1769–1833) and his wife Pauline of Arenberg.

- Prince Felix Felixovich Yusupov, Count Sumarokov-Elston (Russian: Князь Фе́ликс Фе́ликсович Юсу́пов, Граф Сумаро́ков-Эльстон; 23 March [O.S. 11 March] 1887 – 27 September 1967) was a Russian aristocrat, prince and count from the Yusupov family. He was married to Princess Irina of Russia, the Tsar's only niece

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2019, 08:34:21 PM »

Yup, they exist Smiley

Former neighbor couple (2 females) of mine were named Robin & Robin.
Or a Dutch couple (man-female) who came into trouble abroad in the nineties: Hennie & Hennie.

Very funny. These people have obviously found each other.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2019, 08:38:57 PM »

Royals named Felix:

- Prince Félix of Bourbon-Parma (Félix Marie Vincent; 28 September 1893 – 8 April 1970), son of the deposed Robert I, Duke of Parma. Husband of Charlotte, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg and the father of her six children, including her successor: Grand Duke Jean.
- Prince Félix of Luxembourg, son of Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg and Prince of Nassau. Great grandson of the former mentioned Félix.

- Archduke Felix of Austria (given names: Felix Friedrich August Maria vom Siege Franz Joseph Peter Karl Anton Robert Otto Pius Michael Benedikt Sebastian Ignatius Marcus d'Aviano; 31 May 1916 – 6 September 2011). Third son of Emperor Karl I and Empress Zita of Austria.  He married to Duchess Anna-Eugénie of Arenberg (1925–1997). They had seven children, and twenty-six grandchildren. This Felix was a nephew of Prince Félix of Bourbon-Parma, a younger brother of his mother Zita (née princess of Bourbon-Parma). I guess he was named after this uncle (and or the name runs in the Bourbon-Parma family).

- Prince Felix of Denmark (Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian; born 22 July 2002), is the younger son of Prince Joachim of Denmark and his former wife, Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg.

- Felix Ludwig Johann Friedrich, Prince of Schwarzenberg (German: Felix Ludwig Johann Friedrich Prinz zu Schwarzenberg; Czech: Felix Ludvík Jan Bedřich princ ze Schwarzenbergu; 2 October 1800 – 5 April 1852) was a Bohemian nobleman and an Austrian statesman who restored the Austrian Empire as a European great power following the Revolutions of 1848. Felix was born at Český Krumlov Castle (German: Böhmisch Krumau) in Bohemia, the second son of Prince Joseph of Schwarzenberg (1769–1833) and his wife Pauline of Arenberg.

- Prince Felix Felixovich Yusupov, Count Sumarokov-Elston (Russian: Князь Фе́ликс Фе́ликсович Юсу́пов, Граф Сумаро́ков-Эльстон; 23 March [O.S. 11 March] 1887 – 27 September 1967) was a Russian aristocrat, prince and count from the Yusupov family. He was married to Princess Irina of Russia, the Tsar's only niece

Felix of Austria was named after his uncle. The name didn't run in the family. Duke Robert and his wives chose quite a few new (meaning unpopular) names for their children including: Elias, Anastasia, Sixte, Xavier, Zita, Rene, Gaetano (though there was some other Bourbon Prince with that name)

All these names didn't become popular with their descendants either. Prince Felix had a son called Sixtus and Zita I think has one or two descendants with this name, but initially it's nothing.

Other names that kind of never made it to the front are: Xenia, Gisela, Januaria.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 08:46:05 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2019, 09:37:26 AM »

Royals named Felix:

Felix of Austria was named after his uncle. The name didn't run in the family. Duke Robert and his wives chose quite a few new (meaning unpopular) names for their children including: Elias, Anastasia, Sixte, Xavier, Zita, Rene, Gaetano (though there was some other Bourbon Prince with that name)

All these names didn't become popular with their descendants either. Prince Felix had a son called Sixtus and Zita I think has one or two descendants with this name, but initially it's nothing.

Other names that kind of never made it to the front are: Xenia, Gisela, Januaria.

An older brother of Zita, prince Xavier, had 2 sons of which one was also named Sixtus.
His oldest son was prince Carlos Hugo, the deceased ex-hubby of princess Irene of the Netherlands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...us_Henry_of_Bourbon-Parma
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2019, 09:51:20 AM »

- Prince Sixtus of Bourbon-Parma (German: Sixtus Ferdinand Maria Ignazio Alfred Robert von Bourbon-Parma; 1 August 1886 – 14 March 1934). He was the eldest son of the last Duke of Parma, Robert I (1848–1907) and his second wife Infanta Maria Antonia of Portugal (1862–1959), daughter of King Miguel of Portugal. His father had had twelve children from a previous marriage and Sixtus was the fourteenth of Duke Robert's twenty four children. Among the twenty four, he was the sixth son, hence he was named, Sixtus.  A Belgian officer in World War I, and the central figure in the Sixtus Affair, an attempt to negotiate a treaty to end Austria-Hungary's participation in the Great War separate from its Central Powers allies. In 1919, Prince Sixtus of Bourbon-Parma was married to Hedwige de la Rochefoucauld (1896–1986), the daughter of Armand de La Rochefoucauld, Duke de Doudeauville, and his wife, Princess Marie de Ligne. Together, they had one daughter: Princess Isabella (1922–2015) who married a distant cousin Roger de la Rochefoucauld on 23 June 1943. They divorced in 1966. They had five sons and six grandchildren.

- Prince Sixtus Henry of Bourbon-Parma (Spanish: Don Sixto Enrique de Borbón-Parma y Borbón-Busset; Italian: Sisto Enrico di Borbone Parma; born 22 July 1940) is considered Regent of Spain by some Carlists. the second son of Prince Xavier of Bourbon-Parma (then Prince Regent, later Carlist pretender to the throne of Spain, later titular Duke of Parma) and his wife Madeleine de Bourbon-Busset.

The oldest son of prince Carlos Hugo of Bourbon-Parma, prince Carlos (current titulair Duke of Parma), is also named after Sixtus. One of his official names (baptism names) is Sixto: Prince Carlos Javier Bernardo Sixto María
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2019, 10:05:21 AM »

Zita:

- Zita of Bourbon-Parma (Zita Maria delle Grazie Adelgonda Micaela Raffaela Gabriella Giuseppina Antonia Luisa Agnese; 9 May 1892 – 14 March 1989). Born as the seventeenth child of the dispossessed Robert I, Duke of Parma, and his second wife, Infanta Maria Antonia of Portugal, Zita married the then Archduke Charles of Austria in 1911. Charles became heir presumptive to the Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria in 1914 after the assassination of his uncle Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, and acceded to the throne in 1916 after the old emperor's death.

- Archduchess Zita of Austria (b. 2008). Oldest daughter and child of Archduke Carl Christian of Austria (b. 1977) and Estelle de Saint-Romain (b. 1979). Her father, Carl Christian, is a great grandson of Empress Zita (Archduke Rudolf -> Archduke Carl Ludwig -> Empress Zita)

- Princess Zita Clara of Bourbon-Parma (21 February 2014): oldest daughter of Prince Jaime Bernardo of Bourbon Parma (13 October 1972) and his wife Viktória Cservenyák (25 May 1982). She is named after her paternal great-great aunt Empress Zita of Austria and her maternal great grandmother Klára Killermann. From paternal she descends from prince Xavier of Bourbon-Parma, an older brother of Empress Zita.

- Archduchess Maria Anna Charlotte Zita Elisabeth Regina Therese of Austria (b. 1954). The oldest daughter of Archduke Rudolf (the 5th son of Empress Zita) and Countess Xenia Czernichev-Besobrasov . She married Prince Peter Galitzine (b. 1955) and had 6 children.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2019, 10:28:36 AM »

Zita:

- Zita of Bourbon-Parma (Zita Maria delle Grazie Adelgonda Micaela Raffaela Gabriella Giuseppina Antonia Luisa Agnese; 9 May 1892 – 14 March 1989). Born as the seventeenth child of the dispossessed Robert I, Duke of Parma, and his second wife, Infanta Maria Antonia of Portugal, Zita married the then Archduke Charles of Austria in 1911. Charles became heir presumptive to the Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria in 1914 after the assassination of his uncle Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, and acceded to the throne in 1916 after the old emperor's death.

- Archduchess Zita of Austria (b. 2008). Oldest daughter and child of Archduke Carl Christian of Austria (b. 1977) and Estelle de Saint-Romain (b. 1979). Her father, Carl Christian, is a great grandson of Empress Zita (Archduke Rudolf -> Archduke Carl Ludwig -> Empress Zita)

- Princess Zita Clara of Bourbon-Parma (21 February 2014): oldest daughter of Prince Jaime Bernardo of Bourbon Parma (13 October 1972) and his wife Viktória Cservenyák (25 May 1982). She is named after her paternal great-great aunt Empress Zita of Austria and her maternal great grandmother Klára Killermann. From paternal she descends from prince Xavier of Bourbon-Parma, an older brother of Empress Zita.

- Archduchess Maria Anna Charlotte Zita Elisabeth Regina Therese of Austria (b. 1954). The oldest daughter of Archduke Rudolf (the 5th son of Empress Zita) and Countess Xenia Czernichev-Besobrasov . She married Prince Peter Galitzine (b. 1955) and had 6 children.

More Sixtus' and Zitas that I expected. Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: