Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal names  (Read 49922 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: January 14, 2020, 04:46:53 PM »

Also:

Prince Moritz of Anhalt-Dessau (1712-1760)

Prince Moritz Joseph Johann Baptist Viktor of Liechtenstein ( 1775 - 1819)

Prince Moritz Emanuel Maria of Liechtenstein (2003) Son of Prince Constantin Ferdinand Maria of Liechtenstein (1972) and Countess Marie Gabriele Franziska Kálnoky de Kőröspatak (1975). In paternal line a grandson of the current reigning Prince of Liechtenstein: Hans Adam II.

Prince Moritz of Saxe-Altenburg (1829–1907)

George Moritz, Hereditary Prince of Saxe-Altenburg (Wilhelm George Moritz Ernest Albert Frederick Charles Constantine Edward Maximilian)(1900 – 1991), was the last head of the ducal house of Saxe-Altenburg and nominal Duke of Saxe-Altenburg. Grandson of the above mentioned Prince Moritz of Saxe-Altenburg
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 05:31:36 PM by Principessa » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: January 14, 2020, 05:38:55 PM »

Daniel is a masculine given name and a surname of Hebrew origin. It means, "God is my judge",

Prince Daniel of Sweden, Duke of Västergötland (born Olof Daniel Westling )(1973), is the husband of Swedish Crown Princess Victoria.

Prince Daniyal, Prince of Mughal Empire and son of Emperor Akbar the Great

Daniel of Moscow (1261—1303), prince, forefather of all the Grand Princes of Moscow in Russia
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: January 14, 2020, 05:49:35 PM »

Maurits is the Dutch equivalent of the masculine given name Maurice.
Maurice is a traditionally masculine given name, also used as a surname. It originates as a French name derived from the Latin Mauritius or Mauricius and was subsequently used in other languages.

Prince Maurits of Nassau, (1567–1625), military leader of the Dutch Republic, son of Willem I of Orange

Count Johan Maurits of Nassau, (1604–1679) also known as 'the Brazilian'

Prince Maurits of the Netherlands (1843-1850), second son of King Willem III

Prince Maurits of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven (born 1968) eldest son of Princess Margriet and her husband Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven, 1st cousin to current King Willem-Alexander (in maternal line).

Maurice, Elector of Saxony (1521–1553), German Saxon nobleman

Maurice, Duke of Saxe-Lauenburg (1551–1612), duke of Saxe-Lauenburg

Maurice, Landgrave of Hesse-Kassel or Maurice the Learned (1572–1632), Landgrave of Hesse-Kassel

Maurice of Savoy (1593–1657), prince of Savoy and a cardinal

Maurice, Duke of Saxe-Zeitz (1619–1681), duke of Saxe-Zeitz

Maurice of the Palatinate (1620–1652), Count Palatine of the Rhine

Wilhelm Maurice, Prince of Nassau-Siegen (1649–1691), prince of Nassau-Siegen

Maurice of Battenberg (1891–1914), prince of the Battenberg family and member of the British Royal Family

Count Johann Maurice Hauke, father of Julia Hauke, the morganatic wife of Prince Alexander of Hesse and by Rhine, the start of the Battenberg / Mountbatten line.

LOL if I'd been a boy, my parents would've called me Maurits. I was born about a month before the current prince Maurits ;-)
I have, in fact a cousin (x removed, mother's side) that is called Maurits, has the same surname (from his father's side) as I had at birth, and who was born a day after me. We were announced in the same column in the newspaper so many ppl congratulated my parents with their newborn son 

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: January 14, 2020, 05:51:59 PM »

Oscar or Oskar is a masculine given name derived from Irish.

The name is derived from two elements in Irish: the first, os, means "deer"; the second element, car, means "loving", thus deer-loving one or the like. The name is borne by a character in Irish mythology—Oscar, grandson of Fionn Mac Cumhaill, and refers to his descent from his grandmother, Sadhbh, who was enchanted in the form of a deer.

The name (Oscar) was popularised in the 18th century by James Macpherson, creator of 'Ossianic poetry'. Today the name is associated with Scandinavia because Napoleon was an admirer of Macpherson's work and gave the name to his godson, Joseph Bernadotte, who later became Oscar I, King of Sweden. Consequently, at the time many Swedes were named Oscar. The name was given to more than a half-dozen members of Scandinavian royal houses

Oscar I of Sweden (1799–1859), King of Sweden and Norway

Prince Carl Oscar of Sweden, Duke of Södermanland (Carl Oscar Vilhelm Frederik)(1852 – 1854) was a prince of Sweden and Norway. he only son and younger child in the marriage of Crown Prince Charles (later King Charles XV and IV) of the United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway (1826–1872) and Princess Louise of the Netherlands (1828–1871).

Oscar II of Sweden (1829–1907), King of Sweden and Norway

Prince Oscar Bernadotte, Duke of Gotland, later known as Prince Oscar Bernadotte, Count of Wisborg (1859–1953), Swedish prince and admiral

Tord Oscar Frederik (1977) son of Princess Christina of Sweden and  Tord Magnuson.

Prince Oscar of Sweden, Duke of Skåne (2016)

Prince Oskar of Prussia (1888–1958), German Prince (Prince of Prussia) he was the fifth son of Wilhelm II, German Emperor and Augusta Victoria of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg. Prinz Oskar was married in 1914 to Countess Ina-Marie Helene Adele Elise von Bassewitz (1888 – 1973). Prior to the wedding, Ina Marie was granted the title "Countess von Ruppin". Initially the union was a morganatic marriage, but on 3 November 1919 was decreed to be dynastic in accordance with the house laws of the Royal House of Hohenzollern. Henceforth, from 21 June 1920, his wife was titled "Princess of Prussia" with the style Royal Highness. The couple had four children.

Prince Oskar Wilhelm Karl Hans Kuno of Prussia (1915-1939 ); son of Prince Oskar of Prussia and Countess Ina-Marie Helene Adele Elise von Bassewitz. He died in World War II.

Prince Oscar of Prussia (1959) He is the second son of Prince Wilhelm-Karl of Prussia and wife Armgard von Veltheim, the grandson of  Prince Oskar of Prussia and the great-grandson of Wilhelm II, the last German Emperor and King of Prussia. He married Auguste Zimmermann von Siefart (born 1962) and they had three children: Prince Oskar (born 1993), Princess Wilhelmine (born 1995) and Prince Albert (born 1998).

Prince Oscar of Prussia (1993) son of Prince Oscar of Prussia (1959) and Auguste Zimmermann von Siefart (1962)

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: January 14, 2020, 05:52:36 PM »

Maurits is the Dutch equivalent of the masculine given name Maurice.
Maurice is a traditionally masculine given name, also used as a surname. It originates as a French name derived from the Latin Mauritius or Mauricius and was subsequently used in other languages.

Prince Maurits of Nassau, (1567–1625), military leader of the Dutch Republic, son of Willem I of Orange

Count Johan Maurits of Nassau, (1604–1679) also known as 'the Brazilian'

Prince Maurits of the Netherlands (1843-1850), second son of King Willem III

Prince Maurits of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven (born 1968) eldest son of Princess Margriet and her husband Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven, 1st cousin to current King Willem-Alexander (in maternal line).

Maurice, Elector of Saxony (1521–1553), German Saxon nobleman

Maurice, Duke of Saxe-Lauenburg (1551–1612), duke of Saxe-Lauenburg

Maurice, Landgrave of Hesse-Kassel or Maurice the Learned (1572–1632), Landgrave of Hesse-Kassel

Maurice of Savoy (1593–1657), prince of Savoy and a cardinal

Maurice, Duke of Saxe-Zeitz (1619–1681), duke of Saxe-Zeitz

Maurice of the Palatinate (1620–1652), Count Palatine of the Rhine

Wilhelm Maurice, Prince of Nassau-Siegen (1649–1691), prince of Nassau-Siegen

Maurice of Battenberg (1891–1914), prince of the Battenberg family and member of the British Royal Family

Count Johann Maurice Hauke, father of Julia Hauke, the morganatic wife of Prince Alexander of Hesse and by Rhine, the start of the Battenberg / Mountbatten line.

LOL if I'd been a boy, my parents would've called me Maurits. I was born about a month before the current prince Maurits ;-)
I have, in fact a cousin (x removed, mother's side) that is called Maurits, has the same surname (from his father's side) as I had at birth, and who was born a day after me. We were announced in the same column in the newspaper so many ppl congratulated my parents with their newborn son  

Grin 
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: January 14, 2020, 06:03:12 PM »

Michael is a masculine given name that comes from Hebrew: מִיכָאֵל / מיכאל (Mīkhāʼēl [miχaˈʔel]), derived from the question מי כאל mī kāʼēl, meaning "Who is like God?".

Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich of Russia (Russian: Михаи́л Александрович)( 1878 – 1918) was the youngest son and fifth child of Emperor Alexander III of Russia and youngest brother of Nicholas II. In 1912 he married  Natalia Sergeyevna Wulfert. Two weeks after the marriage, Michael wrote to his mother and brother to inform them.They were both horrified by Michael's action. His mother said it was "unspeakably awful in every way", and his brother was shocked that his brother had "broken his word ... that he would not marry her". In a series of decrees over December 1912 and January 1913, Nicholas relieved Michael of his command, banished him from Russia, froze all his assets in Russia, seized control of his estates and removed him from the Regency. Society in Russia was shocked at the severity of Nicholas's reprisal, but there was little sympathy for Natalia.She was not entitled to be known as Grand Duchess; she instead used the style "Madame or Countess Brasova". Together they had 1 child: George Mikhailovich, Count Brasov (Russian: Георгий Михайлович, граф Брасов)( 1910 – 1931). At the time of George's birth, Natalia was still legally married to her second husband, army officer Vladimir Vladimirovich Wulfert.  It was said that Wulfert was bought off with a bribe of 200,000 roubles,[4] and the date of the Wulferts divorce was back-dated, so that George was recognised as Natalia's illegitimate son, though inheriting her noble status, rather than the legitimate child of Wulfert's.  Michael was murdered in 1918 during the Russian Revolution.

Prince Michael of Kent (Michael George Charles Franklin)(1942) the third child of Prince George, Duke of Kent, and Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark. In 1978, Prince Michael was married to Baroness Marie Christine von Reibnitz, the only daughter of the Silesian nobleman Baron Gunther von Reibnitz and of his Austro-Hungarian wife, Countess Maria Szapáry de Muraszombath. At the time of the marriage, Marie Christine von Reibnitz was not only a Roman Catholic, but also a divorcée. Prince and Princess Michael of Kent have two children.

Prince Michael of Prussia (1940 – 2014) Son of Louis Ferdinand Victor Eduard Adalbert Michael Hubertus, Prince of Prussia (German: Louis Ferdinand Victor Eduard Adalbert Michael Hubertus Prinz von Preußen) (1907 – 1994) and Grand Duchess Kira Kirillovna of Russia (1909 – 1967). married firstly Jutta Jörn (1943) on 23 September 1966 in Kaiserwerth, Düsseldorf, with issue. He married secondly Brigitte von Dallwitz (1939 - 2016) on 23 June 1982, without issue. He renounced his succession rights on 29 August 1966.

Michaela Prinzessin von Preußen (1967), daughter of Prince Michael of Prussia (1940 – 2014) and Jutta Jörn married Jürgen Wessolly (1961) in 2000, with issue.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: January 14, 2020, 08:24:25 PM »

Daniel is a masculine given name and a surname of Hebrew origin. It means, "God is my judge",

Prince Daniel of Sweden, Duke of Västergötland (born Olof Daniel Westling )(1973), is the husband of Swedish Crown Princess Victoria.

Prince Daniyal, Prince of Mughal Empire and son of Emperor Akbar the Great

Daniel of Moscow (1261—1303), prince, forefather of all the Grand Princes of Moscow in Russia

Danilo, Crownprince of Montenegro (1871-1939), son of Nikola I. and Militza Vukotic, married to Jutta of Mecklenburg-Schwerin. He was (in)famously covered in Franz Lehars operette, The merry widow.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: January 14, 2020, 10:51:48 PM »

Edward is an English given name. It is derived from the Anglo-Saxon form Éadweard, composed of the elements ead "wealth, fortune; prosperous" and weard "guardian, protector".The name has been adopted in the Iberian peninsula since the 15th century, due to Edward, King of Portugal, whose mother was English. The Spanish/Portuguese forms of the name are Eduardo and Duarte. Other variant forms include French Édouard, Italian Edoardo, German and Dutch Eduard and Scandinavian Edvard.

Short forms include Ed, Eddy, Eddie, Ted, Teddy and Ned. Edward can be abbreviated as Edw.

Edward the Elder (c. 874 – 924), the son of Alfred the Great

Edward the Martyr (c. 962 – 978), English king and Christian martyr

Edward the Confessor (c. 1003 – 1066), English King; patron saint of England until 1348

Edward I of England (1239–1307), called Longshanks; conqueror of Wales

Edward Balliol (c. 1283 – 1367), pretender to the Scottish throne during the reign of David II

Edward II of England (1284–1327), deposed in January 1327, probably murdered

Edward III of England (1312–1377), one of the most successful English kings of medieval times

Edward, the Black Prince (1330–1376), eldest son of King Edward III

Edward, Duke of Guelders (1336–1371)

Edward IV of England (1442–1483), older brother of Richard III, father of Edward V

Edward V of England (1470 – c. 1483), one of the princes in the Tower

Edward VI of England (1537–1553), the son of Henry VIII and Jane Seymour

Edward, Count Palatine of Simmern (1625–1663), Count Palatine

Lord Edward FitzGerald (1763–1798), Irish aristocrat and revolutionary

Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn (1767–1820), the son of George III, father of Queen Victoria

Edward VII of the United Kingdom (1841–1910), the son of Queen Victoria

Edward VIII of the United Kingdom (1894–1972), the son of George V, abdicated

Prince Edward, Duke of Kent, grandson of George V

Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, the son of Queen Elizabeth II

Duarte (Edward) I (1391-1438) was King of Portugal from 1433 to 1438.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: January 14, 2020, 11:17:46 PM »

Michael is a masculine given name that comes from Hebrew: מִיכָאֵל / מיכאל (Mīkhāʼēl [miχaˈʔel]), derived from the question מי כאל mī kāʼēl, meaning "Who is like God?".

Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich of Russia (Russian: Михаи́л Александрович)( 1878 – 1918) was the youngest son and fifth child of Emperor Alexander III of Russia and youngest brother of Nicholas II. In 1912 he married  Natalia Sergeyevna Wulfert. Two weeks after the marriage, Michael wrote to his mother and brother to inform them.They were both horrified by Michael's action. His mother said it was "unspeakably awful in every way", and his brother was shocked that his brother had "broken his word ... that he would not marry her". In a series of decrees over December 1912 and January 1913, Nicholas relieved Michael of his command, banished him from Russia, froze all his assets in Russia, seized control of his estates and removed him from the Regency. Society in Russia was shocked at the severity of Nicholas's reprisal, but there was little sympathy for Natalia.She was not entitled to be known as Grand Duchess; she instead used the style "Madame or Countess Brasova". Together they had 1 child: George Mikhailovich, Count Brasov (Russian: Георгий Михайлович, граф Брасов)( 1910 – 1931). At the time of George's birth, Natalia was still legally married to her second husband, army officer Vladimir Vladimirovich Wulfert.  It was said that Wulfert was bought off with a bribe of 200,000 roubles,[4] and the date of the Wulferts divorce was back-dated, so that George was recognised as Natalia's illegitimate son, though inheriting her noble status, rather than the legitimate child of Wulfert's.  Michael was murdered in 1918 during the Russian Revolution.

Prince Michael of Kent (Michael George Charles Franklin)(1942) the third child of Prince George, Duke of Kent, and Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark. In 1978, Prince Michael was married to Baroness Marie Christine von Reibnitz, the only daughter of the Silesian nobleman Baron Gunther von Reibnitz and of his Austro-Hungarian wife, Countess Maria Szapáry de Muraszombath. At the time of the marriage, Marie Christine von Reibnitz was not only a Roman Catholic, but also a divorcée. Prince and Princess Michael of Kent have two children.

Prince Michael of Prussia (1940 – 2014) Son of Louis Ferdinand Victor Eduard Adalbert Michael Hubertus, Prince of Prussia (German: Louis Ferdinand Victor Eduard Adalbert Michael Hubertus Prinz von Preußen) (1907 – 1994) and Grand Duchess Kira Kirillovna of Russia (1909 – 1967). married firstly Jutta Jörn (1943) on 23 September 1966 in Kaiserwerth, Düsseldorf, with issue. He married secondly Brigitte von Dallwitz (1939 - 2016) on 23 June 1982, without issue. He renounced his succession rights on 29 August 1966.

Michaela Prinzessin von Preußen (1967), daughter of Prince Michael of Prussia (1940 – 2014) and Jutta Jörn married Jürgen Wessolly (1961) in 2000, with issue.

Let's not forget the starter of Romanov dynasty, Michail Fyodorovich Romanov (1596-1645).
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: January 15, 2020, 03:41:06 AM »

Edward is an English given name. It is derived from the Anglo-Saxon form Éadweard, composed of the elements ead "wealth, fortune; prosperous" and weard "guardian, protector".The name has been adopted in the Iberian peninsula since the 15th century, due to Edward, King of Portugal, whose mother was English. The Spanish/Portuguese forms of the name are Eduardo and Duarte. Other variant forms include French Édouard, Italian Edoardo, German and Dutch Eduard and Scandinavian Edvard.

Short forms include Ed, Eddy, Eddie, Ted, Teddy and Ned. Edward can be abbreviated as Edw.

Edward the Elder (c. 874 – 924), the son of Alfred the Great

Edward the Martyr (c. 962 – 978), English king and Christian martyr

Edward the Confessor (c. 1003 – 1066), English King; patron saint of England until 1348

Edward I of England (1239–1307), called Longshanks; conqueror of Wales

Edward Balliol (c. 1283 – 1367), pretender to the Scottish throne during the reign of David II

Edward II of England (1284–1327), deposed in January 1327, probably murdered

Edward III of England (1312–1377), one of the most successful English kings of medieval times

Edward, the Black Prince (1330–1376), eldest son of King Edward III

Edward, Duke of Guelders (1336–1371)

Edward IV of England (1442–1483), older brother of Richard III, father of Edward V

Edward V of England (1470 – c. 1483), one of the princes in the Tower

Edward VI of England (1537–1553), the son of Henry VIII and Jane Seymour

Edward, Count Palatine of Simmern (1625–1663), Count Palatine

Lord Edward FitzGerald (1763–1798), Irish aristocrat and revolutionary

Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn (1767–1820), the son of George III, father of Queen Victoria

Edward VII of the United Kingdom (1841–1910), the son of Queen Victoria

Edward VIII of the United Kingdom (1894–1972), the son of George V, abdicated

Prince Edward, Duke of Kent, grandson of George V

Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, the son of Queen Elizabeth II

Duarte (Edward) I (1391-1438) was King of Portugal from 1433 to 1438.

Edward of Angouleme (1365-1370) was the eldest child of Edward, Prince of Wales (Edward, the Black Prince).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: January 15, 2020, 11:00:44 AM »

Kristallinchen and CS thank you both for the additions!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: January 15, 2020, 11:51:10 AM »

Peter is a common masculine given name. It is derived from Greek Πέτρος, Petros (meaning "stone, rock", via Greek petra)

Peter Mark Andrew Phillips (1977) is a member of the British royal family. He is the elder child and only son of Anne, Princess Royal, and her first husband, Captain Mark Phillips. He is the eldest grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. In 2008 he married Canadian Autumn Kelly (1978). Together they have 2 daughters.

Prince Peter of Greece and Denmark (Greek: Πρίγκιψ Πέτρος της Ελλάδος)(1908 – 1980) was a Greek prince, soldier and anthropologist specialising in Tibetan culture and polyandry. Peter was the elder child and only son of Prince George of Greece and Denmark and the wealthy author and psychoanalyst Princess George (née Princess Marie Bonaparte). In 1939 he married Irina Aleksandrovna Ovtchinnikova, a four years older married Russian woman with an ex-husband.

Peter I or Peter Frederick Louis of Holstein-Gottorp (German: Peter Friedrich Ludwig von Holstein-Gottorp) (1755 –1829) was the Regent of the Duchy of Oldenburg for his incapacitated cousin Wilhelm I from 1785 to 1823, and then served himself as Duke from 1823-1829. He was the only surviving son of Prince Georg Ludwig of Holstein-Gottorp and Sophie Charlotte of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Beck. In 1781, he married Duchess Frederica of Württemberg, the second daughter of Frederick II Eugene, Duke of Württemberg and his wife, Friederike Dorothea of Brandenburg-Schwedt. Peter and Frederica became the parents of two sons: August (born in 1783) and George (born in 1784).

Duke Peter II of Oldenburg (German: Nikolaus Friedrich Peter) (1827 –1900) was the reigning Grand Duke of Oldenburg from 1853 to 1900. He was the only son of Augustus, Grand Duke of Oldenburg by his second wife Princess Ida of Anhalt-Bernburg-Schaumburg-Hoym.  In 1852, Peter married Princess Elisabeth of Saxe-Altenburg. They had 2 sons.

Duke Constantine Frederick Peter of Oldenburg (German: Konstantin Friedrich Peter; Russian: Пётр Гео́ргиевич Ольденбу́ргский, romanized: Pëtr Geórgievič Ol'denbúrgskij; )( 1812 - 1881) was a Duke of the House of Oldenburg. His father, Duke George, who was only the second son of the reigning Duke of Oldenburg, had no prospects of inherited his father's state or fortune of his own and was living in Russia since his marriage in 1809 to Grand Duchess Catherine Pavlovna of Russia. Duke George died 6 months after Peter was born. Tsar Alexander I of Russia  took his two nephews, Peter and his older brother Alexander, under his protection. The brothers lived in Russia until his mother married King William I of Württemberg in 1816. In 1837 Duke Peter married Therese Wilhelmine Friederikke, Princess of Nassau-Weilburg They had eight children, three of them died early

Duke Peter Alexandrovich of Oldenburg (Duke Peter Friedrich Georg von Oldenburg) (1868 –1924). The only child of Duke Alexander Petrovich of Oldenburg (1844–1932) and Eugénie Maximilianovna of Leuchtenberg (1845–1925). His mother was a granddaughter of Tsar Nicholas I of Russia through Nicholas's daughter, Grand Duchess Maria Nikolayevna, and his father was a great-grandson of Tsar Paul I of Russia through his paternal grandmother Grand Duchess Catherine Pavlovna. He was known by the name of "Petya". In 1901 he married Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna (1882–1960), the youngest daughter of the late Tsar Alexander III. It was unexpected by many, as Oldenburg had shown no prior interest in women. Their marriage remained unconsummated, and Oldenburg was believed by family and friends to be homosexual. Two years after their marriage, Olga met a cavalry officer her own age, Nikolai Kulikovsky, to whom she was attracted. She confronted Oldenburg and asked for a divorce, which he refused with the qualification that he might reconsider after seven years. However, Oldenburg appointed Kulikovsky as an aide-de-camp, and allowed him to live in the same residence as Oldenburg and the Grand Duchess on Sergievskaya street. In the middle of World War I, after living separately for two years, Oldenburg's marriage to Olga was annulled on 16 October 1916. Olga married Kulikovsky the following month.

Peter I (Serbian: Petar/Петар)( 1844 –1921) reigned as the last King of Serbia (1903–1918) and as the first King of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes (1918–1921). the fifth of Prince Alexander Karađorđević and his consort Persida Nenadović's ten children. In 1883 he married Princess Zorka of Montenegro (1864-1890). She died in childbirth of their youngest son Andrew (Andrej). Peter and Zorka had 5 children.

Peter II (Serbo-Croatian: Petar / Петар)( 1923 –1970) was the last King of Yugoslavia, reigning from 1934 to 1945. He was the last reigning member of the Karađorđević dynasty. Peter was the eldest son of Alexander I of Yugoslavia and Maria of Romania. In 1944 he married  Princess Alexandra of Greece and Denmark. They had one son, Crown Prince Alexander, who was born on 17 July 1945.

Peter, Hereditary Prince of Yugoslavia (1980), also known as Peter III Karađorđević (Serbian Cyrillic: Петар III Карађорђевић / Petar III Karađorđević), is the eldest son of Alexander, Crown Prince of Yugoslavia, and Princess Maria da Gloria of Orléans-Braganza. Prince Peter is the grandson of King Peter II. Peter, Hereditary Prince of Yugoslavia' is second in line after his father HRH Crown Prince Alexander to the defunct throne.

Peter the Great (Russian: Пётр Вели́кий, tr. Pyotr Velikiy, IPA: [ˈpʲɵtr vʲɪˈlʲikʲɪj]), Peter I (Russian: Пётр Первый, tr. Pyotr Pyerviy, IPA: [ˈpʲɵtr ˈpʲɛrvɨj]) or Peter Alexeyevich (Russian: Пётр Алексе́евич, IPA: [ˈpʲɵtr ɐlʲɪˈksʲejɪvʲɪtɕ])(1672 –1725) ruled the Tsardom of Russia and later the Russian Empire from 7 May [O.S. 27 April] 1682 until his death in 1725, jointly ruling before 1696 with his elder half-brother,  Peter the Great had two wives, with whom he had fourteen children, three of whom survived to adulthood
Peter Petrovich of Russia (1704-1704), son of Peter the Great and his second wife Catherine I (but Born and died before the official marriage of his parents)

Peter Petrovich of Russia (1715-1719) son of Peter the Great and his second wife Catherine I.

Peter Petrovich of Russia (1723-1723) son of Peter the Great and his second wife Catherine I.

Peter II Alexeyevich (Russian: Пётр II Алексеевич, Pyotr II Alekseyevich) (1715 –1730) reigned as Emperor of Russia from 1727 until his untimely death. He was the only son of Tsarevich Alexei Petrovich (son of Peter the Great by his first wife, Eudoxia Lopukhina) and of Charlotte Christine of Brunswick-Lüneburg.

Peter III of Russia (1728 –1762) (Russian: Пётр III Фëдорович, Pyotr III Fyodorovich) was Emperor of Russia for six months in 1762. He was born in Kiel as Charles Peter Ulrich of Schleswig-Holstein-Gottorp (German: Karl Peter Ulrich von Schleswig-Holstein-Gottorf),, son of Anna Petrovna of Russia (daughter of Peter the Great) and Duke Karl Friedrich of Holstein Gottorp. In 1739, Peter's father died, and he became The Duke of Holstein-Gottorp as Karl Peter Ulrich. He could thus be considered the heir to both thrones (Russia and Sweden). After the death of his aunt, Elizabeth of Russia, he ruled over the Russian Empire as Peter III, Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias and was the husband of Catherine the Great of Russia. Through him, Anna became ancestress to all subsequent rulers of Russia except Empress Catherine II (her daughter-in-law and former Sophia of Anhalt Zerbst).

Grand Duke Peter Nikolaevich of Russia (Russian: Пётр Никола́евич Романов)(1864 –1931) was a Russian Grand Duke and a member of the Russian Imperial Family. The second son of Grand Duke Nicholas Nicolaievich the Elder (1831–1891) and Duchess Alexandra of Oldenburg (1838–1900). In 1889, he married Princess Milica of Montenegro (1866–1951), daughter of King Nicholas I of Montenegro (1841–1921). The Grand Duke and Duchess had four children.

Count Peter I Of Savoy (d. 1078)

Peter II (1203 – 1268), called the Little Charlemagne, held the Honour of Richmond, Yorkshire (but not the Earldom) from April 1240 until his death and was Count of Savoy from 1263 until his death. Peter was the seventh of nine sons of Thomas I of Savoy and Margaret of Geneva, and the uncle of the English queen Eleanor of Provence. Peter's marriage was to Agnes of Faucigny in 1236. Agnes bore him a daughter, Beatrice,

Peter (usurper) (died 506), Roman "tyrant" (usurper) against the Visigothic rulers of Spain

Peter the Patrician (c. 500–565), East Roman or Byzantine official, diplomat and historian

Peter (curopalates) (died 602), Byzantine general and brother of Emperor Maurice

Peter (diplomat) (fl. 860s–870s), Bulgarian noble

Peter (floruit 926), governor of Rome, Roman consul and brother of Pope John X

Peter I of Bulgaria (died 970), emperor of Bulgaria

Peter, King of Hungary (born 1010s), King of Hungary twice

Peter, Duke of the Romans, 11th century Roman consul

Peter, Count of Dammartin (died 1106), son of Hugh I

Peter (judge royal) (fl. 1183), nobleman in the Kingdom of Hungary

Peter, son of Töre (died 1213), Hungarian lord, served as judge royal in 1198

Peter I, Count of Alençon (1251–1284), Count of Perche, son of Louis IX of France

Peter, son of Petenye (fl. c. 1400), Hungarian lord

Peter, Duke of Coimbra (1392–1449), Portuguese prince of the House of Aviz

Peter, Constable of Portugal (1429–1466), third Grand Master of the Order of Saint Benedict of Aviz

Count Peter of Erdödy (1902-?)

Count Peter of Hohenberg-Wildberg (1446-?)

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: January 15, 2020, 02:10:49 PM »

Rudolph or Rudolf (French: Rodolphe, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish: Rodolfo) or Rodolphe is a male first name, and, less commonly, a surname. It is an ancient Germanic name deriving from two stems: Hrōþi, Hruod, Hróðr or Hrōð, meaning "fame", "glory" , and olf meaning "wolf"(Hrōþiwulfaz). It is a common name in many Germanic-language speaking countries in Europe, but in the North American countries it is rare.

Rudolph of France (r. 923–936)

Rudolf I of Germany (1218–1291)

Rudolf, Crown Prince of Austria (1858–1889), the only son and third child of Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria and Elisabeth of Bavaria. He was heir apparent to the throne of Austria-Hungary from birth. In 1889, he died in a suicide pact with his mistress, Baroness Mary Vetsera, at the Mayerling hunting lodge (= Mayerling drama). In 1881, Rudolf had married Princess Stéphanie of Belgium, a daughter of King Leopold II of the Belgians.  Although their marriage was initially a happy one, by the time their only child, the Archduchess Elisabeth, was born in 1883, the couple had drifted apart, and he found solace in drink and other female companionship. Rudolf started having many affairs, and wanted to write to Pope Leo XIII about the possibility of annulling his marriage to Stéphanie, but the Emperor forbade it. To some accounts Rudolf infected Stephanie with gonorrhea, which rendered Stéphanie sterile.

Rudolph I of Bohemia (1281–1307)

Rudolph II, Holy Roman Emperor (1552-1612)

Prince Rudolf Friedrich Rupprecht of Bavaria (1909 – 1912); died of diabetes. Son of  Duchess Marie Gabrielle in Bavaria and Rupprecht, Crown Prince of Bavaria

Rudolf II, Duke of Austria (1270–1290)

Rudolf IV, Duke of Austria (1339–1365)

Rudolph II of Burgundy

Rudolph II, Count of Habsburg (?-1232)

Rudolf of Rheinfelden, Duke of Swabia (1025-1080)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 02:50:40 PM by Principessa » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: January 15, 2020, 02:49:25 PM »

Ludwig is an Old High German given name. Etymologically, the name can be traced back to the Germanic name Hludwig, composed of Hlud or Hluth meaning "famous", and Wig meaning "war". Nicknames are Ludva, Ludia, Luděk, Viky.  Often in English translated/ known as 'Louis'.

Ludwig I, count of Württemberg (1143–1158)

Ludwig II, count of Württemberg (1158–1181)

Ludwig I, count of Württemberg-Urach (1419–1450)

Ludwig II, count of Württemberg-Urach (1450–1457)

Ludwig IV, landgrave of Thuringia (1200–1227)

Ludwig I of Bavaria, king of Bavaria (1825–1848) was king of Bavaria from 1825 until the 1848 revolutions in the German states. He was the son of Count Palatine Maximilian Joseph of Zweibrücken (later Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria) by his first wife Princess Augusta Wilhelmine of Hesse-Darmstadt. In 1810 he married Therese of Saxe-Hildburghausen (1792–1854). The wedding was the occasion of the first-ever Oktoberfest. Together they had 9 children.

Ludwig II of Bavaria, king of Bavaria (1864–1886) was King of Bavaria from 1864 until his death in 1886. He is sometimes called the Swan King or der Märchenkönig ("the Fairy Tale King"). He also held the titles of Count Palatine of the Rhine, Duke of Bavaria, Duke of Franconia, and Duke in Swabia. He succeeded to the throne aged 18. The elder son of King Maximilian II of Bavaria and Marie of Prussia. His real interests were in art, music, and architecture. Ludwig was notably eccentric in ways that made serving as Bavaria's head of state problematic. He disliked large public functions and avoided formal social events whenever possible, preferring a life of seclusion that he pursued with various creative projects.  Ludwig became engaged to Duchess Sophie Charlotte in Bavaria, his cousin and the youngest sister of his dear friend, Empress Elisabeth of Austria, which was announced in January 1867. However, Ludwig repeatedly postponed the wedding date, and finally cancelled the engagement in October. After the engagement was broken off, Ludwig wrote to his former fiancée, "My beloved Elsa! Your cruel father has torn us apart. Eternally yours, Heinrich." (The names Elsa and Heinrich came from characters in Wagner's opera Lohengrin.) Sophie later married Prince Ferdinand, Duke of Alençon. Ludwig never married nor had any known mistresses. It is known from his diary (which began in the 1860s), private letters, and other surviving personal documents that he had strong homosexual desires. Attemps have been made to dismiss Ludwig as King of Bavaria. In 1886 Ludwig went for a walk and dissapeared. After searches were made for more than two hours by the entire castle staff in a gale with heavy rain, the bodies of both the King and the doctor accompanying him von Gudden were found, head and shoulders above the shallow water near the shore of Starnberger Lake. Ludwig's death was officially ruled a suicide by drowning, but the official autopsy report indicated that no water was found in his lungs. There is speculation that Ludwig was murdered by his enemies

Prince Ludwig Ferdinand of Bavaria (German: Prinz Ludwig Ferdinand Maria Karl Heinrich Adalbert Franz Philipp Andreas Konstantin von Bayern) (1859 – 1949) He was the eldest son of Prince Adalbert of Bavaria (1828–75) and Infanta Amalia of Spain (1834–1905). He was a paternal grandson of King Ludwig I of Bavaria and his wife Princess Therese of Saxe-Altenburg. Ludwig II, Otto I and Ludwig III, Kings of Bavaria, were his first cousins. Prince Ludwig Ferdinand of Bavaria was married in 1883 to his maternal first cousin, Infanta María de la Paz of Spain (1862–1946), the second-youngest daughter of his uncle King Francis and Queen Regnant Isabella II of Spain. Together they had 3 children.

Ludwig III of Bavaria, last king of Bavaria (1845-1921) was the last king of Bavaria, reigning from 1913 to 1918. He served as regent and de facto head of state from 1912 to 1913, ruling for his cousin, Otto (= younger brother of Ludwig II). After the Bavarian parliament passed a law allowing him to do so, Ludwig deposed Otto and assumed the throne himself. He led Bavaria into World War I, and lost his throne along with the other rulers of the German states at the end of the war. Ludwig was born in Munich, the eldest son of Prince Luitpold of Bavaria and of his wife, Archduchess Augusta of Austria. In 1868 he married Maria Theresia, Archduchess of Austria-Este. They had an extremely happy and devoted marriage which resulted in thirteen children.

Prince Ludwig of Bavaria (1913 – 2008)  He was the eldest son of Prince Franz of Bavaria, and his wife Princess Isabella Antonie of Croÿ. In 1950, Ludwig married his first cousin Princess Irmingard of Bavaria (1923 - 2010), daughter of Crown Prince Rupprecht of Bavaria and Princess Antonia of Luxembourg.  The couple had three children, of which the 2 daughters died at the same day they were born.

Prince Ludwig Heinrich of Bavaria (1982) son of Prince Luitpold of Bavaria (1951) and Katrin Beatrix Wiegand (1951). In paternal line the grandson of Prince Ludwig of Bavaria (1913 – 2008) and Princess Irmingard of Bavaria (1923 - 2010).

Prince Ludwig of Auersperg (2015) son of Princess Alice Isabella Maria of Bavaria (1981) (daughter of Prince Luitpold of Bavaria (1951) and Katrin Beatrix Wiegand (1951)) and Prince Lukas of Auersperg (1981).

Prince Ludwig Rudolph of Hanover (Ludwig Rudolph Georg Wilhelm Philipp Friedrich Wolrad Maximilian Prinz von Hannover)(1955 – 1988) the third child and second son of Ernst August, Prince of Hanover, Hereditary Prince of Brunswick (1914–1987) and his wife Princess Ortrud of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg (1925–1980). In 1987 he married Countess Isabella Maria von Thurn und Valsássina-Como-Vercelli (1962-1988)( daughter of Count Ariprand Raimund von Thurn und Valsássina-Como-Vercelli and Princess Maria Perpetua Euphemia von Auersperg). The couple had 1 son: Prince Otto Heinrich Ariprand George Johannes Ernst August Vinzenz Egmont Franz of Hanover (born 13 February 1988). Isabella died of a drug overdose in 1988, which reportedly led to her husband's suicide the following day. Apparently Ludwig had asked his older brother Ernst August to take care of their then 10 month old infant son. Custody of their infant son Otto Heinrich was awarded, contrary to the expressed wishes of Ludwig Rudolph, to the child's maternal grandparents, the Count and Countess Ariprand von Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli at their castle, Schloss Bleiburg in Austria.

Prince Ludwig Philipp Maria Friedrich Joseph Maximilian Antonius Ignatius Lamoral of Thurn and Taxis,( full German name: Ludwig Philipp Maria Friedrich Joseph Maximilian Antonius Ignatius Lamoral, Prinz von Thurn und Taxis, also Louis Philippe) (1901 -1933) was a member of the House of Thurn and Taxis and a Prince of Thurn and Taxis by birth. Ludwig Philipp was the fourth child and son of Albert, 8th Prince of Thurn and Taxis and his wife Archduchess Margarethe Klementine of Austria. In 1922 he married Princess Elisabeth of Luxembourg, fifth child and daughter of Willem IV, Grand Duke of Luxembourg and his wife Infanta Marie Anne of Portugal. Ludwig Philipp and Elisabeth had two children, a son Anselm and a daughter Iniga.

Ludwig V , Duke of Bavaria (1315–1361)

Ludwig V, Elector Palatine (1478–1544)

Ludwig V, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt from 1596 to 1626

Nicolaus Ludwig Zinzendorf, count of Zinzendorf and Pottendorf (1700–1760)

Friedrich Ludwig, Prince of Hohenzollern-Hechingen (1688–1750)

Ludwig IV, Grand Duke of Hesse and by Rhine (1877–1892) (also known in English as Louis IV)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 03:09:25 PM by Principessa » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: January 15, 2020, 03:25:48 PM »

Anselm often refers to Saint Anselm of Canterbury (c. 1033 – 1109), philosopher, Abbot of Bec, and Archbishop of Canterbury.

Anselm Franz, 2nd Prince of Thurn and Taxis,( full German name: Anselm Franz Fürst von Thurn und Taxis)( 1681 – 1739) was the second Prince of Thurn and Taxis, Postmaster General of the Imperial Reichspost, and Head of the House of Thurn and Taxis from 21 February 1714 until his death on 8 November 1739. Anselm Franz was the eldest child and son of Eugen Alexander Franz, 1st Prince of Thurn and Taxis and his wife Princess Anna Adelheid of Fürstenberg-Heiligenberg. In 1703 he married Czech noblewoman Princess Maria Ludovika Anna Franziska of Lobkowicz, daughter of Ferdinand August Leopold, Prince of Lobkowicz, Duke of Sagan and his wife Margravine Maria Anna Wilhelmine of Baden-Baden. They had four children.

Karl Anselm, 4th Prince of Thurn and Taxis,( full German name: Karl Anselm Fürst von Thurn und Taxis)(1733 –  1805) was the fourth Prince of Thurn and Taxis, Postmaster General of the Imperial Reichspost, and Head of the Princely House of Thurn and Taxis from 17 March 1773 until his death on 13 November 1805. The eldest son of Alexander Ferdinand, 3rd Prince of Thurn and Taxis and his first wife Margravine Sophie Christine of Brandenburg-Bayreuth. In 1753 Karl Anselm married Duchess Auguste of Württemberg, sixth and youngest child of Karl Alexander, Duke of Württemberg and his wife Princess Maria Augusta of Thurn and Taxis. Karl Anselm and Auguste had eight children.

Prince Anselm of Thurn and Taxis (1924 – 1944) son of Princess Elisabeth of Luxembourg and Prince Ludwig Philipp of Thurn and Taxis.

Karl Anselm Franz Joseph Wilhelm Louis Philippe Gero Maria, 4th Duke von Urach, Count von Württemberg (1955) the son of Prince Eberhard von Urach and Princess Iniga of Thurn and Taxis.Karl Anselm succeeded his childless uncle Karl Gero as fourth Duke von Urach following his death in 1981.He held the ducal title until 9 February 1991 when he married a commoner and renounced it. His brother Wilhelm Albert succeeded him in his titles. In 1991 Karl Anselm married Saskia Wüsthof (1968). They had 2 children, before divorcing in 1996. In 2014 he married Uta Maria Priemer (born 1964, whose daughter Teresa von Bülow married Count Ferenc Kornis von Göncz-Ruszka, grandson of Prince Rasso of Bavaria).

Prince Anselm von Urach (1996) son of Prince Inigo von Urach (1965) and Baroness Daniela von und zu Bodman. In paternal line a grandson of Princess Iniga of Thurn and Taxis and therefore a great grandson of  Prince Ludwig Philipp of Thurn and Taxis and his wife Princess Elisabeth of Luxembourg.

Anselm Maria Fürst Fugger von Babenhausen (1766 -  1821) was a German nobleman of the Fugger family. He was the first reigning Count (and later Imperial Prince) of the Principality of Babenhausen, in what is now the Landkreis Unterallgäu.The eldest son of count Anselm Viktorian Fugger and his wife Maria Walburga, born countess of Waldburg-Wolfegg-Wolfegg.In 1753 he married Maria Antonia Elisabetha Gräfin von Waldburg-Zeil-Wurzach (1774-1814). They had 8 children, among others:

- Antonius de Padua Anselm Maria Joseph Johannes Nepomuk Carl Hilarius (1800-1836)
- Joseph Anselm Maria Richard Eligius Franciscus Aloisius Johannes Nepomucenus (1804-1835)
- Jacob Anselm Eberhard Maria Joseph Anton Johannes Nepomuk Carl Augustin Philipp (1805- 1832)
- Maximilian Anselm (1807-1809)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: