Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Richard has passed away (13 March 2017)  (Read 26896 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2017, 03:45:51 PM »

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2017, 03:49:57 PM »

It looks like all the men are wearing morning suit for the funeral except Henri. He does like to play opposite ... or he couldn't squeeze himself into his old one.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2017, 03:50:04 PM »

http://www.gettyimages.co...rue&sort=best#license

Getty images pictures of the funeral
michelleq

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2017, 04:06:00 PM »

Benedikte was definitely grieving; look at her face. She just did not weep openly. The daughters and granddaughter was openly grieving. Carina, was sobbing but I don't think that she was grieving as the family was.

When all of the extended family went to stand behind the immediate family, why did Carina call Bernhart SWH over to stand with her? I am not a fan of Carina but I do admire her for pursuing her writing. I believe that she toned her "princess" mannerisms down considerably in the past. Gustav definitely loves her. Let's see what the future holds for them.   

jessmie

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2017, 04:30:31 PM »

Why are some of them smiling? Seriously! I get it, you might not have been close to the deceased, but it's a funeral!! Try to respect the family!!
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2017, 04:56:02 PM »

I agree.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2017, 04:57:18 PM »

Eh, at funerals you're not just grieving - you're also (hopefully) celebrating the life of a loved one. Remembering the best and closest times with the one passed. It's a good thing when thinking about those times makes you smile IMO. The Lutheran burial ritual also ends on an optimistic note: that we will see our loved ones again, that life and love will conquer death.
You also see people you know, like and love - not something to not smile about either.
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2017, 04:57:37 PM »

Could her heels get any higher Roll Eyes

Really makes one wonder what and how Mary thinks (or really doesn't).
jessmie

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2017, 05:06:16 PM »

Eh, at funerals you're not just grieving - you're also (hopefully) celebrating the life of a loved one. Remembering the best and closest times with the one passed. It's a good thing when thinking about those times makes you smile IMO. The Lutheran burial ritual also ends on an optimistic note: that we will see our loved ones again, that life and love will conquer death.
You also see people you know, like and love - not something to not smile about either.

I wasn't expecting them to be crying, but smiling like that is a bit insensitive in my opinion, especially since all close family members of the deceased are in such a bad emotional state! Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:28:30 PM by jessmie » Logged
SpittingImage

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2017, 05:19:23 PM »

Yes to all this.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2017, 05:26:18 PM »

I wasn't expecting them to be crying, but smiling like that is a bit insensitive in my opinion, especially since all close family members of the deceased are in such a bad emotional state!

IMO there's a difference between how people look when they greet each other and how they look during the service or when talking to those in mourning. We all have different attitude and experinces with death - some feel more "comfortable" at funerals. Some grin and bare it. Some don't know what to do. Some act just perfectly. I feel you can often see all types of reactions at funerals and while some seem more proper than others, I feel it's somewhat harsh to judge people just by how they're looking.

I do judge Mary for her shoes though. It's a funeral. Those shoes are for a party Snare
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2017, 05:43:17 PM »

Some pictures from inside the church. The rose heart is from Benedikte Cry

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/...-farvel-til-prins-richard
Felicia

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2017, 05:53:30 PM »

Shoes-at my mothers funeral I wore much higher shoes than I ever normally wear to look more "dressed up".I know its something that she would have approved

Kittycat_dish

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2017, 06:49:50 PM »

griet

Small Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2017, 06:56:10 PM »

Talking about shoes...what was ML thinking when she picked them? Nerves
Both Marge and Constantine look very frail...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: