Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Richard has passed away (13 March 2017)  (Read 26920 times)
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2017, 06:47:16 AM »

Lene Balleby.

perdie

Medium Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2017, 12:18:04 PM »

Whistle  She's a Filler Queen
         Lookerme, born to preen
     Camerawhore with a laser beam
         Desperate to cause a scene
               Anytime
 Whistle

Is Marie wearing Margrethe's beloved daisy brooch?
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2017, 06:41:56 PM »

No Marge's brooch is bigger
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2017, 09:51:58 PM »

Whistle  She's a Filler Queen
         Lookerme, born to preen
     Camerawhore with a laser beam
         Desperate to cause a scene
               Anytime
 Whistle

Is Marie wearing Margrethe's beloved daisy brooch?

Yrma's brooch is a wedding present from Henrik (belonging to Henrik's late mother)

Marie's brooch is a wedding present from Daisy

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2017, 05:07:08 PM »

lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2017, 07:56:10 PM »

Wow, Constantine is very frail.

CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2017, 08:50:21 PM »

I know.  Sad
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2017, 11:23:00 PM »

Wow, Constantine is very frail.

He indeed looks very frail.

I thought it would also his age....but Henri who is about 6 years his senior looks much better.

Margarethe: 16 April 1940
Henri: 11 June 1934

Benedikte: 29 April 1944
Richard: 29 October 1934 ? 13 March 2017

Anne Marie: 30 August 1946
Constantine: 2 June 1940
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Snarkle gets the preciousss....

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2017, 12:09:26 AM »

It's interesting how much it differs in different countries. I've never been to a funeral where people didn't dress like people in these pictures. Ok, so the men were not wearing quite as fancy suits but neat black suits anyway. I don't think I could bring myself to wear anything different to these unless there were special requests to wear something else. Even jewellery is something that is used sparsely so I feel many of the guests in these photos have quite a lot of pearls etc. on them (even though pearls are the mourning jewellery that is appropriate).

When you think about it though, in the midst of grief you don't really care what people are wearing. Much of my father's funeral is a blur as is the funeral of another relative I attended only about three months after his. If someone would've worn something extremely bright, I might have glanced twice but otherwise I was just trying to get through the day and was grateful of the support from family members.

I really cannot with some of the smiles in this funeral. I get it if they were reminiscing the deceased in a happy way or genuinely happy to meet relatives and friends but otherwise... I mean look at Bene's family. They are all heartbroken and then to have some of the guests smiling from ear to ear thinking this was a photo opportunity and nothing else.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2017, 09:49:36 AM »

I think the "smiling" and the "happy reminiscing" really depend on the circumstances:
Let's face it: Richard was an old man, who had lived his life, hopefully to the fullest.
Of course the immediate family always mourns and is very saddened by the loss (esp. the life long partner), but IMO there certainly is a form a acceptance and inevitability that most of the other funeral guests will feel.
There is a huge difference at funerals of younger, can I say more tragic deaths? Nobody smiles to see their favourite aunt at a child's funeral, nobody smiles at a fun memory of a young parent, just lowered into the grave, even if this happy memory will eventually come up days/weeks later and lighten the mood.
As to the dress code:
The darker than black and not even white stitching-tradition is being replaced by how people nowadays view traditions:
some observe them strictly, some lessen the strictness, some find them totally nonsense and "pay their respect" by simply showing up, in whatever they consider suitable. I have seen summer dresses (she wouldn't have liked seeing us all looking like crows), winter parkas with jeans (taking the time for the funeral out of a busy day or the come as you are-attitude).
I don't think the clothes are important: the presence is.
I have never felt offended by what people wore, was grateful simply that they had taken the time to come, to either say good bye or to support the chief mourner.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: