Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Richard has passed away (13 March 2017)  (Read 26898 times)
Princess MS

Warned
Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2017, 05:12:00 AM »

Didn't Bea meet her husband Claus at Richard and Benne's wedding... Thinking

I seem to have read that someplace... Confused

G Confused

I think it was the other way around - Bene met Richard at Bea's wedding

Bea married 1966 and Bene 1968
Royalfan 72

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2017, 06:27:50 AM »

G Confused

Beatrix and Claus met at Berleburg castle. That's what they told us on a guided tour through the castle.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2017, 08:42:43 AM »

G Confused

Beatrix and Claus met at Berleburg castle. That's what they told us on a guided tour through the castle.

According to the story:
During the wedding of Richards sister Tatiana with Moritz of Hesse (1964), the then (Dutch) crown princess Beatrix and Claus von Amsberg met. To deceive the press the suggestion that not Claus, but Richard of Sayn-Wittgenstein himself was the  fianc?e/love interest of the Dutch princess, was kept up for long.

In his turn Richard met and got to know his future wife Benedikte at the marriage of Beatrix and Claus (1966).  On February 3, 1968 he married Benedikte.

kbart

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2017, 10:21:33 AM »

One German paper is reporting that P Richard's daughter Alexandra was at  Schloss Berleburg that last day. She came to see her father after dropping off her  children at boarding school.
JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2017, 03:11:30 PM »

Richard was truly a gem.  I love his sense of humor.  This was posted by Stig on the Scandinavian Royals Message Board:

About his princely status:
"To be honest, I am not interested in titles at all ? unlike certain others in the family."

About Crown Prince Frederik:
"I have warned him that if he speeds and runs somebody down, he will never become king."

About snobbery:
"The worst people are those who are stupid and snobbish at the same time. Conceit and snobbery combined in one person is the worst thing I know."
[/b]
Given these, and his wryly dismissive attitude toward Fred, I'm sure he wasn't impressed with Mary, either.

Ummm WE do seem to have a quote about MEDiana  

That last one about snobbery is about MEdiana  Banana

(whell, It just has to be    )

G Smiley

This is so true.  I'm pretty sure he stated this on the 14th of May 2004 to a journalist from Billed-Barf who cornered him outside of a church.   Tongue Star

Geta and Pix - same minds!  Beer  Beer

lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2017, 04:17:03 PM »

I don't know if I'd want to be there, as strange as that sounds. If it was a heart attack I'd be so much in shock I don't know if I'd be able to handle anything rationally. But, when you're not there for the at the end of your spouse's life, I'm sure that carries a ton of guilt. Poor Bene, she must be beside herself now.  Cry

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2017, 04:21:44 PM »

She probably feels terrible (just the plain loss would do that) but it sounds like he died peacefully in his sleep. Not the worst way to go which must be a comfort too. He was 82 - a good age to reach. Not everyone is so lucky.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2017, 05:03:07 PM »

G Confused

Awww....I was thinking of Bea yesterday. No doubt that news of his death stirred up memories of meeting Claus.  I hope she will be there for Benny in terms of providing moral support.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Turquoise for December

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2017, 06:14:51 PM »

I don't think there will be a big funeral as far as the number of guests is concerned. The churches in Berleburg are not that big and the palace chapel is pretty tiny.

Is a date known? Berleburg is just a 2,5 hours drive away from my place.

The funeral will take place on Tuesday 21 March at Evangelische Stadtkirche in Bad Berleburg :

http://www.billedbladet.d...s-paa-tirsdag-i-berleburg

translation : https://translate.google....s-paa-tirsdag-i-berleburg
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2017, 06:15:27 PM »

and BB is of course on the ball  Snare

Spring has really got hold of Bad Berleburg in Germany and the distinguished castle, where Princess Benedikte's husband Prince Richard passed away ond Monday after a stroll in the fresh air. So, although the weather at this time is great, and the birds are chirping merrily, the mood was anything but easy on Berleburg Palace.

- "The mood is depressed. Of course. Now the funeral needs to be prepared", said Alexander Johannsmann when he met Billed Bladet posted on the palace square. Johannsmann is married to Princess Nathalie.

Benedikte and children to family meeting
Prince Richard and Princess Benedikte's children Princess Nathalie, Princess Alexandra and Prince Gustav were on Wednesday morning and this morning all at Berleburg. Princess Benedikte and her three adult children and two grandchildren, Richard and Ingrid were together for a meeting this Wednesday. The meeting focused mainly on Prince Richard's funeral.

Strong together in a difficult time
Upon arrival at the morning session, all deeply affected, but after a few hours the mood turned a bit better. It seemed that the family together helped each other to the grief over the loss of Prince Richard, who was 82 years old.

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2017, 06:49:33 PM »

BB has a video at the castle, filming the family:

http://www.billedbladet.d...-afsked-med-prins-richard

Seriously?? Dead Dead Dead

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2017, 06:57:59 PM »

pixie!  Champagne Star Thanks for those quotes from Prince Richard! I loved them and I could read them all evening. I'd love to hear more of his thoughts. He indeed seemed like a very loveable character and one with a good head on his shoulders. I was astonished to read how honestly he talked about his marriage and family (especially all that stuff about the DRF  ) basically everything. So sad that he is no longer with us.

You're welcome!   Star  I also appreciate his honesty.  He provided great insights into his relationship with Benny and her family that we'd never normally get to read. 
Yes, he talked  a lot about Bene's reaction to his being sick. He said that she didn't care about sick people and had not been nice to him. That the two were like night and day, and he even wondered how they got kids Shocked

He said that Gustav was his rock during his illness. He also said that he's been surprised that the only person in the DRf to contact him in his misery was Henrik.

RIP

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2017, 07:24:01 PM »

and BB is of course on the ball  Snare

Spring has really got hold of Bad Berleburg in Germany and the distinguished castle, where Princess Benedikte's husband Prince Richard passed away ond Monday after a stroll in the fresh air. So, although the weather at this time is great, and the birds are chirping merrily, the mood was anything but easy on Berleburg Palace.

- "The mood is depressed. Of course. Now the funeral needs to be prepared", said Alexander Johannsmann when he met Billed Bladet posted on the palace square. Johannsmann is married to Princess Nathalie.

Benedikte and children to family meeting
Prince Richard and Princess Benedikte's children Princess Nathalie, Princess Alexandra and Prince Gustav were on Wednesday morning and this morning all at Berleburg. Princess Benedikte and her three adult children and two grandchildren, Richard and Ingrid were together for a meeting this Wednesday. The meeting focused mainly on Prince Richard's funeral.

Strong together in a difficult time
Upon arrival at the morning session, all deeply affected, but after a few hours the mood turned a bit better. It seemed that the family together helped each other to the grief over the loss of Prince Richard, who was 82 years old.

They should be so proud of themselves for stalking a grieving widow and the children of the deceased.  Roll Eyes  Way to, BB. 
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2017, 07:51:12 PM »

Honestly, BB has taken disgusting to a whole new low.

Leave those poor people alone. They just lost their husband/father.

What complete and utter lack of respect.

jessmie

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2017, 03:56:08 AM »

pixie!  Champagne Star Thanks for those quotes from Prince Richard! I loved them and I could read them all evening. I'd love to hear more of his thoughts. He indeed seemed like a very loveable character and one with a good head on his shoulders. I was astonished to read how honestly he talked about his marriage and family (especially all that stuff about the DRF  ) basically everything. So sad that he is no longer with us.

You're welcome!   Star  I also appreciate his honesty.  He provided great insights into his relationship with Benny and her family that we'd never normally get to read. 
Yes, he talked  a lot about Bene's reaction to his being sick. He said that she didn't care about sick people and had not been nice to him. That the two were like night and day, and he even wondered how they got kids Shocked

He said that Gustav was his rock during his illness. He also said that he's been surprised that the only person in the DRf to contact him in his misery was Henrik.

RIP

What kind of family doesn't give a sh!t about one of them being seriously ill? Richard always came across to me as a very honest, no BS kind of man, so I am thinking that want he said has some truth in it, which is a shame as I also thought Benedikte was a decent lady. I guess I was wrong. I find it so cruel that you wouldn't want to support your husband and father of your children in the worst time of his life.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: