Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 - Monegasque Rose Ball  (Read 8830 times)
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 02:44:01 AM »

What a bunch of cheap people who have zero taste   Thumb down. Charlotte looks stupid in her dress, she has too small breasts for this kind of dress and seeing her ribs is  Dead Caro should dump this stupid, arrogant, talentless Karl Lagerfeld, she looks hideous in this dress. And I wonder who paid Bunte for their stupid story about this event, probably Caro as well. They say that it was a huge affront that Charlene missed it and that there is still a fight for power and that Charlene is the bad one because she missed it. But they forgot that Charlene actually supported the team at the special olympics.
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 09:32:59 AM »

This event exudes bad taste. Lagerfeld should have retired by now, his creations are grotesque at best. caroline's dress would look acceptable on paper only, or maybe, as an artistic experiment, on a 1.80 tall model, but not on a real woman. Charlotte is beautiful but doesn't know how to dress for her body type ( and apparently nobody has taught her, not even the designers she works for). Beatrice and Andrea are lovely to see.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 09:53:17 AM »

can someone tell me please why is that walking corpse relic called lagerfeld always at this ball?

Is it his ball and he has to design all the costumes like in some macabre faustian play?  Blink

G Blink

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 09:55:36 AM »

Isn't Charlene outta the country right now I thought that was the reason they allowed Caroline to host.
mylady

Medium Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2017, 10:32:04 AM »

Princess Caroline is the president of the Princess Grace foundation since the death of her mother, prince Albert is the vice president of the foundation, since 1964, there is this bal de la Rose  to raise money for this foundation after the death of her mother, it was always Caroline  who was presiding this bal de la Rose,
Before the birth of the twins Charlene was attending this event with Albert , after  the birth of Jacques and Gabriella , Charlene  did not attend the bal , Albert went on to be present .
This year , Charlene was at the opening of the ceremony of the winter world games of Special Olympics , Albert was not present to this bal de la Rose.

There is an another big event in July, it is the Red Cross Gala , Albert and Charlene are presiding this big event because Albert is president of the Red Cross organisation.
Mjo

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2017, 02:10:56 PM »

Caroline's dress looks like graffiti.  Yes, the Rose Ball is over the top. Rich trash, bad taste, and ladies who look alike due to too much plastic surgery and botox.  It's kind of glorious in it's in your face Eurotrashiness.
Mjo

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2017, 02:14:32 PM »

P.S. The arab princess looks like she's used to ordering people to kneel!!  But I'm taking this pic to my hair stylist because I want this short cut
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2017, 03:21:28 PM »

Since Caroline is in charge, I must say I find it totally okay that Charlene (and Albert - he's the regent so much more in focus here obviously) to skip this event, especially since Charlene choose to go to the Special Olympics. Caroline is a celebrity like few so it's not like she needs help to pull in press for attention Blink I'm sure she enjoys being the queen bee too here Whistle
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2017, 04:13:18 PM »

This family lacks class and taste...I will never understand why some press calls Caroline a fashion icon - she looks like a clown. On a positive side, for once her hair looks good  Roll Eyes I'm glad Beatrice is feeling okay to attend this kind of dinner with Pierre, but wouldn't be better for both of them to stay at home with their newborn - he was born just one week ago IMHO.

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2017, 04:27:36 PM »

Who can do "black & nude" the best?

Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2017, 04:30:03 PM »

Caro's dress is largely inspired by Emilia Fl?ge's dresses, a turn of the century Vienna fashion designer and companion of Gustav Klimt.

When taking a closer loook at the first picture, you notice that even the jewellery is copied.
Considering the theme of the night, Caro hits the target. At least she's no bore!

Thank you   Star so much for the information  Jumping     For some reason I like the dress  Yikes  I KNOW RIGHT lOl   Only Caro could carry it off and it's appropriate for the ball.   Uncle Karl clearly hates woman, he's been a disaster for awhile JMO  Char looks beautiful and I really love bea's earrings. 

This event is always such an amusing reminder money can't buy taste  Icecream

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2017, 04:47:56 PM »

ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 05:08:56 PM »

grazie principessa for the beautiful pictures and melusina for the interesting info re: carolina's dress. Star Champagne

all things considered and expecially in principessa's pictures i think they looked beautiful,over the top-yes-but nonetheless beautiful.
ciao
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2017, 06:28:01 PM »

^^^^  Blink

shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2017, 01:06:08 AM »

Oh, I love Caroline's dress! Not so much the design itself, but the fact that she has the guts to wear it. It just screams "princess who could care less about anyone's opinion!" She wears what she wants, head held high, big smile...maybe she even delights in being a little bit of a contrarian. After all, in her younger years, she wore stunning, flattering couture dresses and not many could hold a candle to her. She had her decades of being a great beauty. Now, I think she's having fun.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: