Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Margrethe to host dinner meeting with the cabinet  (Read 18174 times)
Lizardcandy

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 04:23:13 PM »

Maybe she's I'll? Cancer or severe limiting illness?

A dinner doesn't seem a fitting place to announce a serious illness, I think Confused

Oh no, that's true! I was thinking that she'd call a 'meeting' if she's stepping back due to treatment and making Fred acting sovereign? But I could have well misunderstood the way these dinners work!

Obviously I'm unfamiliar with the family in question. I'm really curious what it turns out to be all about, though!
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 04:25:38 PM »

I suspect very little would be said if she was seriously ill. She'd be treated in private and only as few as possible would know until the very end.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 04:43:46 PM »

Joachim is also attending? This sounds interesting!

Seriously, if all this fuss is just about a "I've not done this in a very long time" dinner I will be disappointed

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 06:12:53 PM »

Given that two of the previous three meeting dinners were about major royal announcements, I would suspect that same is true of this one.  I doubt it has to do with a divorce because who would hold a dinner to announce that? 2009 was a one off because the Prime Minister was standing down to become the Secretary General of NATO and that deemed as a major event for the country.  There is no indication something major is happening in government.  

My two hunches are abdication or regency. Also it appears Joachim will also be present.

REgency would be good! She deserves a break and Fred deserves to fail. Maybe that could make him apply himself.

Curious that Joachim is attending Thinking

That's rathe rinteresting - the calendar still show only the Derf's

H.M. Dronningen afholder statsr?dsmiddag. Kronprinsparret deltager. Christian VII's Pal?, Amalienborg, kl. 20.00.

tcalvar - where did you find that Joachim is attending?

jessmie

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Psycho

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2017, 07:20:07 PM »

This HAS to be about something major! ALL the other cabinet meetings Marge has held were about important changes, either in the royal family or the government. I don't think the fact that there hasn't been a meeting in a long time is a serious reason to call one. Either she's abdicating or she's withdrawing significantly from her royal duties and Fred, Mary, Joachim and Marie are stepping forward.

Would be very interesting to see the guest list. I think it may serve some clues.

tcalvar

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2017, 08:19:04 PM »

H.M. Dronningen afholder statsr?dsmiddag. Kronprinsparret deltager. Christian VII's Pal?, Amalienborg, kl. 20.00.

tcalvar - where did you find that Joachim is attending?

[/quote]

My bad I misread in the original article that Joachim was also attending. 

This HAS to be about something major! ALL the other cabinet meetings Marge has held were about important changes, either in the royal family or the government. I don't think the fact that there hasn't been a meeting in a long time is a serious reason to call one. Either she's abdicating or she's withdrawing significantly from her royal duties and Fred, Mary, Joachim and Marie are stepping forward.

Would be very interesting to see the guest list. I think it may serve some clues.

It could be much ado about nothing, but like you say every other meeting of this type have signaled a major announcement.  My understanding that it's the whole cabinet, the Queen and Fred and Mary in attendance.  To me, Fred and Mary's attendance and the fact it was the Queen who called for this meeting, seems to signal a passing of the torch in some way. 
Baron Brockdorf

Medium Member

Malta Malta

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2017, 08:19:41 PM »

Im not sure how things work in Denmark but by the sounds of it seems to be very special/important
I think it can be a number of things
1.A regency-Margrethe is growing older so perhaps some of her duties have become too strenuous
2. Some politically related announcesment-not sure how the situation is in Denmark so I don't if there are causes for concern ..or perhaps one is about to arise hence the dinner

3. Fredrick does not wish to remain crown prince/become king and so the dinner will serve as a transitionary process and hence why the calendar only mentions 'Kronprinsparret' because technically both Frederick and Joachim will be crown princes at that particular point in time a sort of the king is gone long live the king if you catch my drift....although this seems to be toooo far stretched

However to be fair they all seem really serious so I don't see how something like this can warrant a fancy dinner...just my two cents
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2017, 08:24:10 PM »

But would they make an abdication announcement a few days before they have a state visit?
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2017, 08:40:02 PM »

JC did it before Mexico state visit.

BTW, if Fred doesn't want to be crown prince, the next in line is Xian, not Joachim.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2017, 08:42:08 PM »

This worries me Sad I don't want Margrethe to step down and I don't want the Derfs. Period.

Ellie

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2017, 08:46:11 PM »

Marge abdicating is so absurd to me considering she has said so many times she would never abdicate, but gosh, what else could it be? Sad
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2017, 09:00:07 PM »

JC did it before Mexico state visit.

BTW, if Fred doesn't want to be crown prince, the next in line is Xian, not Joachim.
Don't destroy my hope, I do not want Fred now  Nono. But wouldn't they need a regent for Christian as long as he is under 18 if Marge would abdicate (or would not be able to reign) and if Fred decided that he didn't want the job? Would it be Joachim or Mary in such a case?
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 09:03:10 PM »

I don't see how it could be Mary. She's not in line for the throne and would never be allowed to rule. Even as a substitute.

Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2017, 09:08:25 PM »

Wouldn't it be Maxima in NL and Charlene in Monaco if something happened to their husbands while the heirs are under 18? I thought I did read something like this some time ago  Thinking. But I would prefer Jokke to Marry any time.
llcd

Baby Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2017, 09:15:24 PM »

this can't be about abdication. marge would never  Sad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: