Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Margrethe to host dinner meeting with the cabinet  (Read 17830 times)
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2017, 09:17:57 PM »

I hope it is because somebody from the government messed up something and some government guy resigns.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2017, 10:25:28 PM »

She's not abdicating.  She's said it nearly 500 times over the years, and as Maria has pointed out, she's not going to break a 1000 year-old tradition.  If there's one thing we know for sure, Marge is all about tradition. 

My guess is that Fred will be taking on more things and she'll be gradually stepping back.  But, as she's said before, abdication is simply not an option in DK. 

So, sorry Mary sugars.  Mosh isn't going to ascend the throne. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2017, 10:37:41 PM »

Please god let it be a divorce, any of them will do! I just can't cope if its an abdication. However the timing makes me wonder, its just before the Belgian state visit, a perfect time to show abdication doesn't mean the end of a monarchy as it were.

I so hope for a divorce, some anniversary we've all missed or the PM is resigning.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2017, 10:39:18 PM »

Please god let it be a divorce, any of them will do! I just can't cope if its an abdication. However the timing makes me wonder, its just before the Belgian state visit, a perfect time to show abdication doesn't mean the end of a monarchy as it were.

I so hope for a divorce, some anniversary we've all missed or the PM is resigning.

If it was a divorce, Fred and Mary would not both attend.  If anybody divorces, it might be Marge and Henrik, but I still tend to think this is being held for governmental reasons only.  She's not abdicating.  She's said so literally dozens of times, including recently.

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2017, 10:41:43 PM »

Well perhaps it has become a case of "the lady protested to much methinks" and she is indeed abdicating.
It simply would not make sense to announce a divorce with the dessert.
In any case I am betting on a regency. And for the great unwashed there will be no real difference.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2017, 10:41:59 PM »

I did actually think more likely M & Henrik divorcing. Can't see Mary giving up that easily but equally could see her attending her own 'divorce party' just for the attention.

Likewise I'm hoping and guessing its just governmental in purpose.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2017, 10:43:54 PM »

She's not abdicating.  She's said it nearly 500 times over the years, and as Maria has pointed out, she's not going to break a 1000 year-old tradition.  If there's one thing we know for sure, Marge is all about tradition. 

My guess is that Fred will be taking on more things and she'll be gradually stepping back.  But, as she's said before, abdication is simply not an option in DK. 

So, sorry Mary sugars.  Mosh isn't going to ascend the throne. 
Hope you are right, I do not want QM now. I hope it is government related or she really says that in modern times, there shoudln't be a gender difference any longer and since poor Henrik is "only" prince, all consorts will only be prince/princess but never king or queen
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Emerald for May

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2017, 10:58:00 PM »

Mosh's presence at the dinner is not a first. She was already at the State council dinner in 2009 just before the then PM joined NATO.

I also guess they will announce Daisy is going to step down from some engagements but without abdicating.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2017, 11:15:31 PM »

Maybe it's a health issue with Henrik and he wants to go back home to France for his last illness.
jessmie

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Psycho

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2017, 11:49:20 PM »

If it was something bad like an illness (Marge or Henrik) or a divorce why hold a dinner? Why not hold a day meeting with the cabinet and make an official announcement regarding the illness or the divorce? Doesn't make much sense to me to hold a dinner to announce something so negative!

If Frederik was renouncing his rights to the throne, wouldn't Joachim also be attending since he would be the "guardian" of Christian until he is 18? No way Mary would be entitled to become to be regent. She has no succession rights.
jessmie

Medium Member

Psycho

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2017, 11:56:31 PM »

Wouldn't it be Maxima in NL and Charlene in Monaco if something happened to their husbands while the heirs are under 18? I thought I did read something like this some time ago  Thinking. But I would prefer Jokke to Marry any time.

Neither Maxima nor Charlene have any succession rights. The only people of age with succession rights after the daughters of WA and the twins of Albert are Constantin and Caroline, respectively.
Ellie

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2017, 12:07:24 AM »

Is there any to-do going on currently in the government that could prompt such a meeting? Any hints of anything?
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2017, 12:26:18 AM »

Wouldn't it be Maxima in NL and Charlene in Monaco if something happened to their husbands while the heirs are under 18? I thought I did read something like this some time ago  Thinking. But I would prefer Jokke to Marry any time.

Neither Maxima nor Charlene have any succession rights. The only people of age with succession rights after the daughters of WA and the twins of Albert are Constantin and Caroline, respectively.
Sorry to go OT but I'm pretty sure Trier is right about Max officially being named/approved as regent for CA if something happens to Wax (with Constantijn next if Max is unable to act in that role).  I don't know about Charlene.

As for Daisy's (presumed) upcoming Big Announcement, I agree with those who think it's about her cutting down on her activities - not abdicating - and Peter Pan Derf (supposedly) stepping up to do more. Ha!
Catananche

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2017, 12:49:41 AM »

Sorry to go OT but I'm pretty sure Trier is right about Max officially being named/approved as regent for CA if something happens to Wax (with Constantijn next if Max is unable to act in that role).  I don't know about Charlene.

As for Daisy's (presumed) upcoming Big Announcement, I agree with those who think it's about her cutting down on her activities - not abdicating - and Peter Pan Derf (supposedly) stepping up to do more. Ha!

It's true. Max will be regent until C-A is 18. It wouldn't be the first time it happened. Emma was Wilhelmina's regent until Wilhelmina turned 18. Emma was Queen-consort just like Maxima is now.

I'm very, very curious about the announcement and I can't wait. I hope it's something good!
jessmie

Medium Member

Psycho

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2017, 12:51:20 AM »

Really? I didn't know that. My apologies to Trier. I just assumed that since Max isn't a royal and doesn't have relevant studies (foreign policy, law etc) she wouldn't be considered for the role. Constantijn is a trained lawyer I think. In all circumstances, the role of monarch is largely ceremonial so I doubt it makes a difference.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: