Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Margrethe to host dinner meeting with the cabinet  (Read 19087 times)
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2017, 01:03:19 AM »

It varies from country to country. In Spain,  the queen consort will be the regent if the heir is a minor. I don't know about Denmark.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2017, 01:23:17 AM »

It varies from country to country. In Spain,  the queen consort will be the regent if the heir is a minor. I don't know about Denmark.

In the Netherlands it is agreed upon the same. Maxima is declared to be regent when Amalia is underaged upon an early dead of WA
Jonathan

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2017, 01:23:39 AM »

Generally over here it's the next in line who becomes regent. They changed it to make Philip Charles' regent as Margaret wasn't seen as a possible regent.

I think this dinner may be just that, A dinner. Were there any important announcements made at previous dinners.

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2017, 01:40:24 AM »

What I don't understand is why no politician has ever spoken up about the unsuitability, the poor preparation and work ethic of Fred? If we can see it from this distance, surely they could observe it up close? The PMs and various ministers all met him, talked to him and know his activities. They couldn't possibly think that his unsuitability can be under wrap forever, could they? Don't they worry how it could impact Denmark? In the old time, courtiers could hide a king's illness, madness or disabilities. But this is time of 24 hour news cycle and every one with a cell phone could be a reporter. How could they think it won't backfire on Denmark? No, a queen consort isn't the solution.
jessmie

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2017, 02:29:54 AM »

What I don't understand is why no politician has ever spoken up about the unsuitability, the poor preparation and work ethic of Fred? If we can see it from this distance, surely they could observe it up close? The PMs and various ministers all met him, talked to him and know his activities. They couldn't possibly think that his unsuitability can be under wrap forever, could they? Don't they worry how it could impact Denmark? In the old time, courtiers could hide a king's illness, madness or disabilities. But this is time of 24 hour news cycle and every one with a cell phone could be a reporter. How could they think it won't backfire on Denmark? No, a queen consort isn't the solution.

Few politicians would make statements against the monarchy and especially about the heir's suitability to become the king. It's very evident in the UK. For example, the Conservatives, the Liberal Democrats and the majority of Labour MPs brushed Charlie's letters to Cabinet members under the carpet.

Perhaps, they think that because his current and future role is largely ceremonial he is no danger. After all, all he has to do is host and go to state visits, visit organisations with the people he's hosting, attend engagements and ask the winner of the election to form a government. Mary's spending could become an even bigger issue once she becomes queen and goes berserk about needing to "fit" her role, which translates in more outfits for her, but I doubt that is any different than Henrik's unreasonable and egocentric demands all these years! 
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2017, 02:51:40 AM »

But Fred has to receive or visit other heads of state or dignitaries. He's going to make Denmark look bad if he utters stupid things. Has he ever made any clever comments or diplomatic ones or knowledgeable ones?
JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2017, 04:39:04 AM »

But Fred has to receive or visit other heads of state or dignitaries. He's going to make Denmark look bad if he utters stupid things. Has he ever made any clever comments or diplomatic ones or knowledgeable ones?

Not that I know or heard of, but I can predict he will make DK a laughing stock the second he finishes blabbing.

And the same thing happens in the IOC... (When you're a manchild who's good for nothing; that's for a cruel meme)

jessmie

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2017, 06:40:42 AM »

Well, I doubt he'd be worse than Donnie over at the other side of the Atlantic!
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2017, 06:58:26 AM »

Only he can be elected away again. Once we get Derf, we're likely stuck with him for life. Sad

zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2017, 02:13:32 PM »

Maybe its to announce Mary's abdication as Crown Princess of Denmark? And that she's decided to take residence in her multi-million dollar estate/island in Australia?

All rumours point to this - she's homesick, she's bought her own tiara, she was 'allowed' to spend Christmas there last year - so she could find a new place to live and hubby would pay for it.

Maybe Marg will make her Countess of Copenhagen, and give her a diplomatic role at the Danish Embassy in Australia?  

Champagne

Star

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2017, 06:57:59 AM »

Margarethe seems frail and unwell and frankly I would not be surprised if she has been given news from her doctor about her life expectancy. It's horuble to speculate about someone's death but I think we will be seeing a King Fred soon.

Apologies to any Danish posters, I hope I haven't upset or affected you.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Ruffo

Small Member

Pre-bleaching, post bleaching, and fake tanned

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2017, 07:29:05 AM »

well I think she will announce that f and M are steping down and they will go and settle down in Australia with Kangurous and that Nicolae is the new  Crown Prince

IN HER UTTERLY GLORY
Henny

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2017, 10:06:27 AM »

Margarethe seems frail and unwell and frankly I would not be surprised if she has been given news from her doctor about her life expectancy. It's horuble to speculate about someone's death but I think we will be seeing a King Fred soon.

Apologies to any Danish posters, I hope I haven't upset or affected you.

Yes it is terrible to speculate on someone's death but the Australian glossy mags have been doing it for years, trying to make money off poor Marge, shame on them all.

But saying it as you see it is a different matter all together, and I think we all respect your thoughts.

Could well be we wake up Thursday and find Denmark has a new Queen is not too much of a stretch.

LadyBunion

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2017, 11:16:05 AM »

Can't help thinking that the timing of this in relation to a death in the family is quite odd.  Appreciate that it may have been planned for a while but any really dramatic news would surely wait for a few weeks  / months ?
caroline

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2017, 11:41:29 AM »

To all my dear friends on royaldish. I wish to let you know that the moment Mary is made queen I will be leaving Royal Dish. Only because I will try as much as I can to minimize anything that is remotely from her. Her comedy will  be too much for all of us. I think it will be announced soon. Marge fragility is one thing but the SMUG on that bogan face is unbelievable.  So thank you to you all for all the years. Could not have made it without you...you kept me sane. Saw what i saw and said what I thought...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: