Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry - news and photos V  (Read 26532 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« on: March 28, 2017, 09:30:17 AM »

Trying again. The topic here is news on Harry. Stay on topic!
OrangeOrchids

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 02:26:05 PM »

Prince Harry Forced To Cancel Ski Trip After Prince William?s Embarrassing Shenaniganshttp://www.celebdirtylaun...embarrassing-shenanigans/

Prince Harry has been forced to cancel a much anticipated ski trip thanks to his brother Prince William and his embarrassing shenanigans. Harry recently scrapped his plans for a trip with his best friends, he doesn?t want to make the same mistake William did while in Verbier, Switzerland last week. The Duke of Cambridge was mocked after video clips of him dancing awkwardly inside a nightclub surfaced on social media.
In addition, many royal observers believe that it would be pretty wise for Harry to skip his ski trip. He was expected to travel with his best friend, Tom ?Skippy? Inskip.
Tom was the same friend who joined Harry during his infamous 2012 trip to Las Vegas. Harry embarrassed himself and the royal family when photos of him playing naked billiards with models surfaced in the media. With Tom by his side, who knows what kind of trouble Harry would get into again.

Of course, no one knows what is really going on behind closed doors and between Prince William and Prince Harry, but one thing is for certain: Harry is trying to distance himself from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge?s current PR mess as much as he can.
Harry?s well aware of all the negative headlines and press William and Kate have garnered over the years and he doesn?t want that to happen to him. Sure, Prince Harry has had his bad days in the press, but overall he?s much more liked and accepted by the public than William and Kate. And for Harry, he wants to keep it that way.

Plus, Harry?s priorities have shifted these last few months. Many royal insiders believe that he wants to focus on his royal duties and responsibilities and of course, his relationship with Meghan Markle. The last thing Harry wants is to ruin his reputation and end up ridiculed and mocked just like his brother William did for his drunken dancing in Verbier.

So far Buckingham Palace has not made any comments about the report.

Like Always, Harry has to suffer because of his brothers actions.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 02:58:24 PM »

Once again: NEWS on Harry is the topic here. Rumours and hearsay and speculation don't make for a discussion we want to moderate.
Santacruz

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 03:35:01 PM »

Okay, Daily Mail had an article about Harry getting a new apartment at Kensington Palace.
Sources say that renovations just started and that he is going to move there soon. With whom ? I am not allowed to tell-but most probably he is not moving in alone. Any comments, ideas or proof that if this is true? Halo
Hibou

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 03:41:00 PM »

Okay, Daily Mail had an article about Harry getting a new apartment at Kensington Palace.
Sources say that renovations just started and that he is going to move there soon. With whom ? I am not allowed to tell-but most probably he is not moving in alone. Any comments, ideas or proof that if this is true? Halo

The renovations were about Kate and William needing to expand their space and moving staff underground was my understanding. Somehow the tabloids decided to morf it into Harry getting what the Cambridges have. It could be true that he needs a larger space and it might be more economical to do the renovations all at once but it seems more likely to me that it's the Cambridges once again. Unless Bea wants Harry's apartment and thus Harry gets a slightly bigger one. I don't think it has anything to do with the GF.
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 04:52:52 PM »

I know the article's focus is that he'll be moving in with MM (http://www.dailymail.co.u...urry-Meghan-new-home.html) and I don't know about that, but, generally speaking, I do think it makes sense for him to get a bigger apartment (assuming London is his long-term home base). NottCott is only 2 bedrooms, so if he does plan to get married eventually and have children, then a 2 bedroom is probably too small. And if there is renovation going on at KP, IMO it makes sense for him to move out now (after the reno is done) before some other charity or person moves into the space that would eventually be Harry's (and he's have to "kick them out" like W&K did).

One thing though, is I can't figure out where the article is implying he would live. I know there is construction being done under the Orangery and then some staff will move there, supposedly to make MORE room for the ineffectual staff of W&K (http://www.telegraph.co.u...make-extra-space-william/)...but where in KP are they moving out of? Apartment 1? Diana's old apartment? Maybe Harry would then move in there? It doesn't seem entirely clear to me...Okay, after more searching, it seems like this article is saying Harry would move into Diana's old apartments, 8 & 9. And it says that W&K and Harry already use apt. 8 for "work space and meeting rooms" which is the first I'd heard of that!  http://www.express.co.uk/...nsington-palace-apartment

I'd actually like to see him move move away from W&K...maybe into Buck House (if, as Cams said, Clarence House is too small). I really want Harry to get further and further away from W&K and just do his own thing, regardless of whether it means he is "working" more than the lazy heir and wife, or whatever. I know it's not the way it works in that family, but I wish he could just live his life without always having to walk on eggshells around his prat of a brother.  Secret  

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:58:38 PM by gudgeon » Logged

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Antevorta

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 06:38:59 PM »

I do think it makes sense for him to get a bigger apartment (assuming London is his long-term home base). NottCott is only 2 bedrooms, so if he does plan to get married eventually and have children, then a 2 bedroom is probably too small. And if there is renovation going on at KP, IMO it makes sense for him to move out now (after the reno is done) before some other charity or person moves into the space that would eventually be Harry's (and he's have to "kick them out" like W&K did).

One thing though, is I can't figure out where the article is implying he would live. I know there is construction being done under the Orangery and then some staff will move there, supposedly to make MORE room for the ineffectual staff of W&K (http://www.telegraph.co.u...make-extra-space-william/)...but where in KP are they moving out of? Apartment 1? Diana's old apartment? Maybe Harry would then move in there? It doesn't seem entirely clear to me...Okay, after more searching, it seems like this article is saying Harry would move into Diana's old apartments, 8 & 9. And it says that W&K and Harry already use apt. 8 for "work space and meeting rooms" which is the first I'd heard of that!  http://www.express.co.uk/...nsington-palace-apartment

I'd actually like to see him move move away from W&K...maybe into Buck House (if, as Cams said, Clarence House is too small). I really want Harry to get further and further away from W&K and just do his own thing, regardless of whether it means he is "working" more than the lazy heir and wife, or whatever. I know it's not the way it works in that family, but I wish he could just live his life without always having to walk on eggshells around his prat of a brother.  Secret 

I'm not defending here but from what I understand, it isn't just W&K's staff moving underground.  It is KP staff in general including some of W&K's staff.  The Orangery is being expanded to house a dress collection attraction for tourists as well as a new restaurant and I think it sounds better and sells more papers simply having W&K's name attached to the expansion since they are moving back to KP full time.

To stay on topic, I have heard over the years that W&K & Harry have used Diana's old apartments as a work space.  I actually thought that at one time their PR people were based out of there.  I, for some reason, don't think Harry will ever move back into Diana's apartments or away from KP.  I think the "ghost of his mother" and his memories may be too much to take on and live in the apartments.  I think Harry will simply get a larger and larger space at KP as he eventually marries and has children.  Besides, for as much as Harry likes to sell the whole, "I'm just a normal chap and I don't ride the royal coattails" attitude, he is one of the biggest royal coattail-ers there is.  He enjoys the privilege of it all without fail - though, granted, he is getting better and he appears to be working more so there is that.
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 07:23:36 PM »

KP is quite frankly a bit of a mess and really needs that extra space so if it benefits it as a tourist attraction, and museum, I'm all for it. I was not really impressed by what they had going now, even though they renovated recently. They really do need more going on, it's such a great place with such amazing history, but needs to draw people. I can't imagine how awesome a huge dress exhibit would be.
KimmySue

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 09:43:29 PM »

I have always loved Harry, however, I am beginning to think that he is not that different from Will. When the three do joint events, I think that is when we see more of the true Harry. That's when I feel he lets his guard down and shows his true colors. Yes, he is infinitely better than his brother with a crowd, he knows how to charm people and make people feel at ease, but that doesn't mean he isn't a jerk behind closed doors. I think they are more alike than I would like to admit, Harry is just better at faking it. I think he enjoys being around the other two and unless he marries someone who encourages him to branch out more on his own, we will just move from the three stooges to the four. And trust me, I really hope I am wrong about this--but the past year I feel that we have just seen a different side of him.

I would assume some of this is how he was raised, he was raised to be the support for William and the fall guy when necessary. While he has done some great things, he will always be the "spare' within the family dynamics. I wonder if that is why he seems content to stay close to W&K at KP.

The one thing this article made me think about is, once he gets married, would he really want to stay connected to W&K as far as press office, events, etc? Like their charitable foundation. Will it become the Foundation of The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of XXXX? If he is looking to make his own mark, apart from W&K, staying at KP is the last thing he should do.

identitycrisis

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 09:49:21 PM »

There's an issue of finances regarding Harry becoming more independent. The likelihood Charles is willing to fund a third office with his Duchy money isn't that high so that Harry may have to stick with the Cambridges until Charles is king and William gets the Duchy and Harry is funded via Lancaster or grants.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 10:04:24 PM »

I know the article's focus is that he'll be moving in with MM (http://www.dailymail.co.u...urry-Meghan-new-home.html) and I don't know about that, but, generally speaking, I do think it makes sense for him to get a bigger apartment (assuming London is his long-term home base). NottCott is only 2 bedrooms, so if he does plan to get married eventually and have children, then a 2 bedroom is probably too small. And if there is renovation going on at KP, IMO it makes sense for him to move out now (after the reno is done) before some other charity or person moves into the space that would eventually be Harry's (and he's have to "kick them out" like W&K did).

One thing though, is I can't figure out where the article is implying he would live. I know there is construction being done under the Orangery and then some staff will move there, supposedly to make MORE room for the ineffectual staff of W&K (http://www.telegraph.co.u...make-extra-space-william/)...but where in KP are they moving out of? Apartment 1? Diana's old apartment? Maybe Harry would then move in there? It doesn't seem entirely clear to me...Okay, after more searching, it seems like this article is saying Harry would move into Diana's old apartments, 8 & 9. And it says that W&K and Harry already use apt. 8 for "work space and meeting rooms" which is the first I'd heard of that!  http://www.express.co.uk/...nsington-palace-apartment

I'd actually like to see him move move away from W&K...maybe into Buck House (if, as Cams said, Clarence House is too small). I really want Harry to get further and further away from W&K and just do his own thing, regardless of whether it means he is "working" more than the lazy heir and wife, or whatever. I know it's not the way it works in that family, but I wish he could just live his life without always having to walk on eggshells around his prat of a brother.  Secret  

I don't think Harry should get a bigger flat without being married. BP has huge renovations ahead and HM wasted millions on KP for the Cambridges although they didn't live there for years. If they now spend lots of money to renovate a bigger flat for unmarried Harry while still fighting over the costs for BP this would be stupid at best. Kate & Will lived in NottCott while being married and when Kate was pregnant with George. Why should it be too small for Harry even if there is a wedding in the next 1 or 2 years? Usually he is one of the more modest royals so I have a hard time believing this story. Two bedrooms are enough for a man who always said he enjoyed army life, lived in a small flat before, doesn't pay rent, still doesn't work as much as he should and could and who probably could use a room as his office in Diana's flat or the KP office if he needs to. Not to mention that NottCott has a small garden and is pap safe although he might get tired of watching his head in the house because of the low ceilings. If this story is true it's very bad PR for the RF but I somehow doubt the Orangery changes have anything to do with Harry or the Cambridges.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
KimmySue

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 10:31:08 PM »

Suzy--I agree with you. Even if he was to get married tomorrow, why would he need a bigger place right away? A two bedroom home would be fine, even if they immediately had a child. I would imagine there would be a huge uproar if money was once again diverted from BP renovations to move Harry into a bigger home.

Antevorta

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 11:35:38 PM »

This is just me and I'm sure it's not a very popular opinion.  That said, I don't think Harry gives two sh*ts about being close to or having his name attached to W&K.  They are all of similar age and in a similar place in life.  Yes, W&K are married with children but that doesn't change where they are as royal individuals.  Having the three banded together makes each of them a little less of a target because there are three of them to focus on during combined visits.  However, yes, Harry is beginning to make a mark of his own with his work with Veterans and following his Mum supporting the AIDS causes.  However, remaining a trio works in Harry's favor when he's trying to be "normal Harry" or "just Harry".  W&K can breathe wrong and it will dominate headlines detracting attention from him.  I think they are all forever linked because for the longest time it was William and Harry, Harry and William.

I also don't think Harry cares any longer about being the sad spare heir.  I'm sure when he was younger, he would have loved to have been "good King Henry" but these days, I actually think he's grateful that the cards fell where they did.  The current succession allows him all of the royal perks in the world (we all know what they are) and not an ounce of the pain in the a*s that goes with it.  So long as Harry has his looks and half as*es his work, the public and the royal fandom at large will continue to make excuses for him.  Many of the older generations still see him as that lost boy in the photos walking behind the casket.

I think everyone, myself included, like to romanticize (for lack of a better word) Harry and imagine that he is less Windsor than he is in reality.  Even in the face of dramatically Windsor behavior, we all make excuses, we hope that he's learned his lesson, we move on and focus on the bit of good that he does and tend to ignore the bad bits even when the behavior repeats itself.  We are essentially asking Harry to reverse behavior that has been ingrained in him since he was born.  It's like asking a cheetah to change its spots.

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 11:50:00 PM »

Suzy--I agree with you. Even if he was to get married tomorrow, why would he need a bigger place right away? A two bedroom home would be fine, even if they immediately had a child. I would imagine there would be a huge uproar if money was once again diverted from BP renovations to move Harry into a bigger home.

Beer I think we will see in the next few years (or when he marries) if Harry is as spoilt and entitled as his brother or Andrew or if he truly turns out to be this generations great royal. I still think it's the latter but that can change depending on his choice of bride.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 11:54:29 PM »

I also would think that his wife or future wife would want to have some say in the renovations since she will be living there too. Kate had a lot of input into their renovations. I also don't think Harry is in a big hurry to tie the knot. They haven't even been dating for a year. Even though the current GF is turning 36, I can't see the Queen rushing things. I think she will do what she did with her own sister which is to tell them wait another year and then see where things stand. I also wonder if Harry won't end up at Clarence House in the long run when Charles becomes King. In the meantime I can see him getting a country home and using KP as a place to stay when he's in town.  JMO
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: