Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry - news and photos V  (Read 26044 times)
gudgeon

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 01:33:24 AM »

Okay, Daily Mail had an article about Harry getting a new apartment at Kensington Palace.
Sources say that renovations just started and that he is going to move there soon. With whom ? I am not allowed to tell-but most probably he is not moving in alone. Any comments, ideas or proof that if this is true? Halo

I do think it makes sense for him to get a bigger apartment (assuming London is his long-term home base). NottCott is only 2 bedrooms, so if he does plan to get married eventually and have children, then a 2 bedroom is probably too small. And if there is renovation going on at KP, IMO it makes sense for him to move out now (after the reno is done) before some other charity or person moves into the space that would eventually be Harry's (and he's have to "kick them out" like W&K did).

One thing though, is I can't figure out where the article is implying he would live. I know there is construction being done under the Orangery and then some staff will move there, supposedly to make MORE room for the ineffectual staff of W&K (http://www.telegraph.co.u...make-extra-space-william/)...but where in KP are they moving out of? Apartment 1? Diana's old apartment? Maybe Harry would then move in there? It doesn't seem entirely clear to me...Okay, after more searching, it seems like this article is saying Harry would move into Diana's old apartments, 8 & 9. And it says that W&K and Harry already use apt. 8 for "work space and meeting rooms" which is the first I'd heard of that!  http://www.express.co.uk/...nsington-palace-apartment

I'd actually like to see him move move away from W&K...maybe into Buck House (if, as Cams said, Clarence House is too small). I really want Harry to get further and further away from W&K and just do his own thing, regardless of whether it means he is "working" more than the lazy heir and wife, or whatever. I know it's not the way it works in that family, but I wish he could just live his life without always having to walk on eggshells around his prat of a brother.  Secret  

I'm not defending here but from what I understand, it isn't just W&K's staff moving underground.  It is KP staff in general including some of W&K's staff.  The Orangery is being expanded to house a dress collection attraction for tourists as well as a new restaurant and I think it sounds better and sells more papers simply having W&K's name attached to the expansion since they are moving back to KP full time.

To stay on topic, I have heard over the years that W&K & Harry have used Diana's old apartments as a work space.  I actually thought that at one time their PR people were based out of there.  I, for some reason, don't think Harry will ever move back into Diana's apartments or away from KP.  I think the "ghost of his mother" and his memories may be too much to take on and live in the apartments.  I think Harry will simply get a larger and larger space at KP as he eventually marries and has children.  Besides, for as much as Harry likes to sell the whole, "I'm just a normal chap and I don't ride the royal coattails" attitude, he is one of the biggest royal coattail-ers there is.  He enjoys the privilege of it all without fail - though, granted, he is getting better and he appears to be working more so there is that.

Thanks for the info, Antevorta  Star   That's what I figured about the new construction - that it isn't only to do with W&K because why on earth would they need MORE space than 1A?!

I have always loved Harry, however, I am beginning to think that he is not that different from Will. When the three do joint events, I think that is when we see more of the true Harry. That's when I feel he lets his guard down and shows his true colors. Yes, he is infinitely better than his brother with a crowd, he knows how to charm people and make people feel at ease, but that doesn't mean he isn't a jerk behind closed doors. I think they are more alike than I would like to admit, Harry is just better at faking it. I think he enjoys being around the other two and unless he marries someone who encourages him to branch out more on his own, we will just move from the three stooges to the four. And trust me, I really hope I am wrong about this--but the past year I feel that we have just seen a different side of him.

I would assume some of this is how he was raised, he was raised to be the support for William and the fall guy when necessary. While he has done some great things, he will always be the "spare' within the family dynamics. I wonder if that is why he seems content to stay close to W&K at KP.

The one thing this article made me think about is, once he gets married, would he really want to stay connected to W&K as far as press office, events, etc? Like their charitable foundation. Will it become the Foundation of The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of XXXX? If he is looking to make his own mark, apart from W&K, staying at KP is the last thing he should do.

IMO, it's the exact opposite. I think the Harry we see with W&K is the inauthentic one. I think he's been taught his whole life not to outshine Willy, to let him be the star, to walk behind him, to prop him up, to support him. So (again JMO) when he is with them, I think he adopts more of their style (ignoring the press, looking more surly, like Willy). I think when he is without them, he can just be himself and his personality is more like what we saw at his charity engagements last week - more happy-go-lucky, more smiley, easier with people, "looser."

Regarding whether Harry should stay at NottCott when/if he gets married...I guess I forgot that W&K stayed there after marriage. I kind of remembered them staying with MaMidds or in the country while all the KP reno was taking place. I guess my thing about Harry getting a bigger place in KP is that, to me, it makes sense to do it after whatever reno is about to take place so a charity (or another resident) doesn't move in and then the whole place needs to be renovated again (or even just redecorated) when Harry moves in with his wife. Obviously, a 2-bedroom cottage is a fine size starter home for anyone, but - as a very senior royal - it seems inevitable that Harry will get a bigger residence in KP eventually, and it seems likely (just due to his age) that he will get married sooner rather than later. I think it might look especially strange if (once Harry is married) he is still living in a 2-bedroom, while W&K are across the palace in 22 rooms! So, I dunno, I guess it just makes sense to me that if there is a bunch of construction going on and people/offices getting shuffled around that Harry might as well get moved into his more permanent spot now rather than having to reshuffle people again later. JMO, though...

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:41:43 AM by gudgeon » Logged

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 03:12:32 AM »

The Gloucesters have a twenty room apartment at KP and also two homes in the country. They supposedly, according to Camilla Tomeney, offered to move out when the Cambridges became engaged and were looking around for accommodation.

That could be an option. Against it is that the Gloucesters still perform a lot of engagements and so need a London base. However, 20 rooms is pretty large for two people who are minor Royals (though hard-working.) Wren House in the KP complex, where the elderly Duke and Duchess of Kent live, is another option but they have no country home. When both pass Wren House will be available of course, but who knows when that will be and the Queen wouldn't throw them out of their home.

The Orangery work is supposed to begin in 2018 and finish in 2020 and that's just an estimate! I think everyone's in agreement that Harry will need a larger place to live than Nott Cott even if he remains a lifelong bachelor (which I don't think will happen.) The problem is that the solutions proposed for him at KP seem long-term. (I think Harry will get a country home, probably on the Sandringham estate, but how large that will be depends on how big his London apartment will be, as that seems to be the case with all the other non heir royals. Big country place, smallish London apartment and vice versa.)
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 11:35:04 AM »

Regarding whether Harry should stay at NottCott when/if he gets married...I guess I forgot that W&K stayed there after marriage. I kind of remembered them staying with MaMidds or in the country while all the KP reno was taking place. I guess my thing about Harry getting a bigger place in KP is that, to me, it makes sense to do it after whatever reno is about to take place so a charity (or another resident) doesn't move in and then the whole place needs to be renovated again (or even just redecorated) when Harry moves in with his wife. Obviously, a 2-bedroom cottage is a fine size starter home for anyone, but - as a very senior royal - it seems inevitable that Harry will get a bigger residence in KP eventually, and it seems likely (just due to his age) that he will get married sooner rather than later. I think it might look especially strange if (once Harry is married) he is still living in a 2-bedroom, while W&K are across the palace in 22 rooms! So, I dunno, I guess it just makes sense to me that if there is a bunch of construction going on and people/offices getting shuffled around that Harry might as well get moved into his more permanent spot now rather than having to reshuffle people again later. JMO, though...

They could earmark a certain flat for Harry and lease it just with one/two-year contracts so he would not have to throw out charities or people living there. Usually weddings are planned well in advance (in the royal world often even longer than in our world) and they would have enough time if they already have a plan in advance. I think W&K's flat (and estate) search was done in a hurry but the RF is usually very good with planning these major steps for senior royals. Is it known how many rooms in BP Ed or Andrew had before their marriage? Ed would be very interesting because he lived with Sophie in BP a long time before their wedding.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 02:39:31 PM »

They could earmark a certain flat for Harry and lease it just with one/two-year contracts so he would not have to throw out charities or people living there. Usually weddings are planned well in advance (in the royal world often even longer than in our world) and they would have enough time if they already have a plan in advance. I think W&K's flat (and estate) search was done in a hurry but the RF is usually very good with planning these major steps for senior royals. Is it known how many rooms in BP Ed or Andrew had before their marriage? Ed would be very interesting because he lived with Sophie in BP a long time before their wedding.

I still think Harry will end up at Clarence House when Charles becomes King unless Charles stays there and opens all of Buckingham Palace up to the public. He could utilized the family quarters for his office and staff. I think he mentioned something like this a while ago, but if he does move to BP then my bet is on Harry moving to Clarence House. I also think Harry might like to have a little breathing room from his brother and sister in law especially when he gets married. Wasn't he looking at a country home last summer or was that just a realtor looking to promote a sale at a higher price?
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 05:47:02 PM »

Prince Harry will attend the UK team trials for the Invictus Games Toronto 2017 at the University of Bath Sports Training Village on April 7

Keen!
KimmySue

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 05:47:39 PM »

I still think Harry will end up at Clarence House when Charles becomes King unless Charles stays there and opens all of Buckingham Palace up to the public. He could utilized the family quarters for his office and staff. I think he mentioned something like this a while ago, but if he does move to BP then my bet is on Harry moving to Clarence House. I also think Harry might like to have a little breathing room from his brother and sister in law especially when he gets married. Wasn't he looking at a country home last summer or was that just a realtor looking to promote a sale at a higher price?

I thought I heard that was just a realtor looking to promote it. I would hope that Harry would want to separate from W&K after getting married. He and his future wife would need to set their own path. Whether or not he will be allowed to do that, is another question.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 05:58:31 PM »

I think Will will want CH if Charles moves out. He isn't happy with the plebs being right next to him at KP. Harry will get whatever Will doesn't want if he isn't already married and has a flat in one of the palaces.  Whistle

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
KimmySue

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 06:07:51 PM »

IMO, it's the exact opposite. I think the Harry we see with W&K is the inauthentic one. I think he's been taught his whole life not to outshine Willy, to let him be the star, to walk behind him, to prop him up, to support him. So (again JMO) when he is with them, I think he adopts more of their style (ignoring the press, looking more surly, like Willy). I think when he is without them, he can just be himself and his personality is more like what we saw at his charity engagements last week - more happy-go-lucky, more smiley, easier with people, "looser."

I really hope you are right. Harry has always been my favorite royal because of his charming personality and how he seems so comfortable in his position. It just seems there has been a change in Harry the past year, especially on joint engagements. Maybe it is him finally getting tired of being the crutch for the two lazy ones.
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 09:25:57 PM »

I really hope you are right. Harry has always been my favorite royal because of his charming personality and how he seems so comfortable in his position. It just seems there has been a change in Harry the past year, especially on joint engagements. Maybe it is him finally getting tired of being the crutch for the two lazy ones.

I really hope that is what it is. Maybe he has suddenly come to this realization (he's their crutch) or maybe he had inklings but it's become more clear. I know that if it were me being treated like Harry, it'd piss the hell out of me, that's for dang sure(!), and I'd want to go my own way!

Thanks for everyone's thoughts about housing. It's all very interesting to me, the behind the scenes shuffling and stuff. Can't wait to see how it all works out in the end (again, Harry, please separate from W&K...they are doing you NO good!).

Prince Harry will attend the UK team trials for the Invictus Games Toronto 2017 at the University of Bath Sports Training Village on April 7

Yay, go Harry...keep busy! I'm looking forward to Invictus this year in Toronto. He really did shine last year during the whole event!

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Georgie

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2017, 01:45:41 AM »

#PrinceHarry has trained as a counsellor to help veterans battle the trauma of combat, as he, W&K tell e-one to get talking #headstogether

https://twitter.com/byEmi...status/847207275848765444

Prince Harry has taken a 2-day counselling course while working with veterans' & their rehab on how to help those with mental health issues

https://twitter.com/RoyaN...status/847209698797465600
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 03:16:26 AM »

That's neat, but I wish he could take a real counseling course. Can you imagine how helpful he would be? He is empathetic, a good listener, has a good heart.

I'm glad he's doing something useful to help others. He gets it. And it's real.
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 03:37:57 AM »

#PrinceHarry has trained as a counsellor to help veterans battle the trauma of combat, as he, W&K tell e-one to get talking #headstogether

https://twitter.com/byEmi...status/847207275848765444

Prince Harry has taken a 2-day counselling course while working with veterans' & their rehab on how to help those with mental health issues

https://twitter.com/RoyaN...status/847209698797465600

A two-day course is basically an introduction to the overall situation for those interested in helping vets. This is the sort of thing that is very good for him to have done and hopefully will encourage others to get involved and learn. In terms of Vet's and mental health it's a very complex issue whose treatment changes as scientists learn more about the human brain and the effects of  prolonged stress and injury on brain neurons. Here in the US great progress has been made on the complexities of treating PTSD.
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 04:40:27 AM »

I too wish that Harry would undertake a counselling course run by an accredited university or college, even if he had to do it parttime. Perhaps he feels that as it would include essays and exams that he wouldn't be able to complete it. However he got through his helicopter training just fine. I think that would be an ideal career move for Harry, actually. I agree he has all the qualities that would assist in helping these vets and others.
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 05:02:56 AM »

I wonder if besides the dyslexia he just suffers from low confidence. Look how William has spoken to him, in public, no less. Calling him stupid, since he didn't go to university, and how shocked Harry was he did so well on his helo training courses--because he's naturally /good/ at something. It would be good for him to apply to some course and go through with it, and finish it, use the education to help people. Maybe because he has no university degree he can't?
identitycrisis

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 06:09:29 AM »

I think that to become a licensed counsellor a person needs a post-graduate degree, plus many hours of supervised counseling, as well as to sit an exam. If he's not going to pursue it as a career field, there's no purpose in him becoming licensed as compared to taking on increasing royal engagements.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: