Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos of Harry.  (Read 149094 times)
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 02:03:37 AM »

Harry opening up like this will fight more for the mental health charity movement so to speak than the garbage of HT.

Bless, Harry. Thanks for being so candid, honest and kind.
Margaret

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 02:05:10 AM »

I'm glad he sought help and that it has benefited him.  It's a shame it took him so long to get help, but the main thing is he eventually did.  It's also good that he's spoken about it, because it gives him cred as an advocate of the cause he is seeking to promote.
Music in Motion

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 03:24:49 AM »

Well done, Harry!  I'm sure that wasn't easy for him, but being candid about his struggles will definitely help others.  Thumb up
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 04:17:16 AM »

I'm glad he sought help and that it has benefited him.  It's a shame it took him so long to get help, but the main thing is he eventually did.  It's also good that he's spoken about it, because it gives him cred as an advocate of the cause he is seeking to promote.

Glad he is talking about it publicly because it will not only help him heal, but others as well. Given how dysfunctional his whole family has been, and adding having to "carry on" with being royal was a double burden. It's very hard to deal with the loss of a parent at such a young age and because of who you are, not be able to express your grief. Very tough situation. I have to give William credit for helping him to finally seek counseling. This may explain why his life seems to be turning around. I do however feel he is not ready at this point to marry. I think he needs to go slowly for his own sake and see how things progress. Moving too quickly or impulsively which he is prone to do may only lead to more heartache. If the GF is truly in love with him, she will be willing to give it some time- a couple of years just to be sure of his feelings and his emotional health. Marriages are tough  emotionally at times and he needs to be sure he is truly ready if she is the one. JMO.
LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 04:33:47 AM »

Harry talks about seeking help from a counsellor to help him come to terms with his mother's death:

http://www.dailymail.co.u...elling-Diana-s-death.html

He said is was William who encouraged him to do so.

Actual interview is in The Telegraph, so this link is better:

http://www.telegraph.co.u...ther-led-two-years-total/

I only read the Telegraph piece (screw the DailyFail!), but WOW - that is a fantastic article and echos a lot of what many of us were saying a while back, that he needed to personalize his own experience with seeking help for his mental health. I really appreciate him speaking so candidly and honestly and I think (hope) so many people will be able to identify with what he says about how he coped (or didn't cope) with his demons. I wonder if his own experience with counseling is what drove him to take that short course in counseling (assuming that story was true). I really admire people who seek help and then feel comfortable talking about it so others who are still struggling will know they aren't alone   Hug

Nice job, Harry. Keep up the conversation and the good work (and keep seeing your therapist!).

Yes...one of the things that bugs me about many mental health awareness campaigns is how the celebs/royals who represent them always couch their statements by saying "While I've never had to seek help, no one should feel ashamed for having to get counseling."  Well if you're trying to get rid of the stigma, why is it necessary to preface your statement with the fact that you haven't needed help?  Also, one doesn't necessarily need a diagnosed condition or even to be going through anything too serious to benefit from counseling.

Love that Harry is challenging the stigma head on and admitting to getting health. It's definitely important, significant, and impactful.
Royalfan 72

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 09:28:25 AM »

Good for Harry! It's great for him to search and get help. He could easily kept this behind closed doors. But he inspires others to do the same. He can be so proud of himself.
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 12:22:35 PM »

Glad he is talking about it publicly because it will not only help him heal, but others as well. Given how dysfunctional his whole family has been, and adding having to "carry on" with being royal was a double burden. It's very hard to deal with the loss of a parent at such a young age and because of who you are, not be able to express your grief. Very tough situation. I have to give William credit for helping him to finally seek counseling. This may explain why his life seems to be turning around. I do however feel he is not ready at this point to marry. I think he needs to go slowly for his own sake and see how things progress. Moving too quickly or impulsively which he is prone to do may only lead to more heartache. If the GF is truly in love with him, she will be willing to give it some time- a couple of years just to be sure of his feelings and his emotional health. Marriages are tough  emotionally at times and he needs to be sure he is truly ready if she is the one. JMO.

Kind of a weird time to bring Harry's as-yet nonexistent engagement/marriage into the conversation.  His discussion of mental health issues and grief has nothing to do with it.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 12:53:30 PM »

Good on Harry for controlling his own narrative and taking the lead on Heads Together!
I am glad he shone a light on William's positive influence in getting him to seek help.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 02:20:42 PM »

Kind of a weird time to bring Harry's as-yet nonexistent engagement/marriage into the conversation.  His discussion of mental health issues and grief has nothing to do with it.

There no reason to act like you're the moderator. In fact it's not allowed at all Huh? If you feel a post is out of order, so can ignore it or report it.
Winnifred
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 04:42:19 PM »

Harry talks about seeking help from a counsellor to help him come to terms with his mother's death:

I only read the Telegraph piece (screw the DailyFail!), but WOW - that is a fantastic article and echos a lot of what many of us were saying a while back, that he needed to personalize his own experience with seeking help for his mental health. I really appreciate him speaking so candidly and honestly and I think (hope) so many people will be able to identify with what he says about how he coped (or didn't cope) with his demons. I wonder if his own experience with counseling is what drove him to take that short course in counseling (assuming that story was true). I really admire people who seek help and then feel comfortable talking about it so others who are still struggling will know they aren't alone   Hug

Nice job, Harry. Keep up the conversation and the good work (and keep seeing your therapist!).

Yes...one of the things that bugs me about many mental health awareness campaigns is how the celebs/royals who represent them always couch their statements by saying "While I've never had to seek help, no one should feel ashamed for having to get counseling."  Well if you're trying to get rid of the stigma, why is it necessary to preface your statement with the fact that you haven't needed help?  Also, one doesn't necessarily need a diagnosed condition or even to be going through anything too serious to benefit from counseling.

Love that Harry is challenging the stigma head on and admitting to getting health. It's definitely important, significant, and impactful.

I agree with all of the above. And now the story has reached Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpos...mp;utm_term=.d1ac33ad1f01

I think it took quite a bit of courage to reveal this vulnerable side to his experience. Well done, Harry.

LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2017, 04:50:34 PM »

I agree with all of the above. And now the story has reached Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpos...mp;utm_term=.d1ac33ad1f01

I think it took quite a bit of courage to reveal this vulnerable side to his experience. Well done, Harry.

It's trending on Twitter in the US.  I've also seen a prominent UK doctor tweet about it.  I've also seen friends on FB and Twitter who don't follow royals much sharing and commenting on this.

I think this is definitely one of the most impactful things that's happened with the Heads Together campaign.  After many complaints I've had about this campaign, it's nice to see.
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 05:06:46 PM »

The thing that impacts me more is the total absence of any reference to his father.
😳
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2017, 05:28:25 PM »

The thing that impacts me more is the total absence of any reference to his father.
😳

Over the years, all we ever heard about in the news was about the boys and their Mother. Charles always appeared to be absent. Given that he never saw much of his own parents, I don't think he was really equipped to be any different. They say our parents shape our future relationships, and if true you can see why there is a lot of sorting out to do with Harry and William. Apparently his Mother's death hit them much harder than we ever knew. Harry seeking help will hopefully release all the issues of his past and allow him a more full and happy life.
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2017, 05:32:05 PM »

There no reason to act like you're the moderator. In fact it's not allowed at all Huh? If you feel a post is out of order, so can ignore it or report it.

Sorry.  You're right.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2017, 12:13:30 AM »

😳

Excellent observation Ortensia. I am sure there is love between the father and his sons but I don't see Charles equipped to support anyone going through an emotional crisis. Or the wisdom to encourage them to seek help outside.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: