Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Imperial Family of France (Bonapartes)  (Read 16767 times)
castille

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: April 16, 2017, 03:09:50 PM »

The videos below are a biography on Napoleon Bonaparte's legacy. I don't know French and was hoping someone could give a rough translation.

Part 1 - https://youtu.be/B7htpGmFvFI (Unfortunately this one was copywrited si no audio, the rest are fine)
Part 2 - https://youtu.be/XTInkkUMgYA
Part 3 - https://youtu.be/ovLiCtwWuPE (there's a hymn around 8:30, could someone name it?)
Part 4 - https://youtu.be/eYt1_UUVff4

CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 09:52:13 PM »

In 1804, Napoleon I became Emperor of the French. The bee was chosen as the imperial symbol so as to link the new imperial Bonaparte dynasty to the very origins of France.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 12:42:06 AM »

The abdication of Napoleon I at Fontainebleau on April 20, 1814     
http://www.alamy.com/stoc...ntainebleau-83348486.html
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 09:58:21 PM »

On July 27, 1807, Napoleon gave himself an early birthday present, the title of Napoleon the Great.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 11:09:25 PM »

Precise rules governed the procedure to be adopted at the imperial court of Emperor Napoleon I of the French in Paris.     
When Emperor Napoleon and Empress Josephine ate in public the Grand Chamberlain proffered a basin for the Emperor to wash his hands.       
The Grand Equery offered Napoleon his armchair. The Grand Master of the Palace took a napkin and presented it to Napoleon.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 10:38:57 PM »

Napoleon Francois Charles Joseph Bonaparte was the son of Emperor Napoleon I and his second wife, Marie Louise.   
Napoleon I pronounced Napoleon Francois the King of Rome, a title that had belonged to the House of Habsburg, which was Marie Louise's family.   
When Napoleon I abdicated on April 4, 1814, he named his son the new Emperor of the French. The child in theory gained the title Napoleon II. However, the coalition partners who defeated Napoleon I refused to allow Napoleon Francois to become his father's successor.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 02:59:56 AM »

Napoleon III (Louis-Napoleon) was the nephew of Napoleon I. Napoleon III was Emperor of the French from 1852 to 1870.     
http://www.alamy.com/stoc...h-1852-1870-57291817.html
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 10:37:25 PM »

When he was the Prince-President, Napoleon III angered the Orleanist monarchists by seizing all the property of the former Royal Family.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 09:01:06 AM »

I can remember stories that Archduchess Sophie of Austria (née princess of Bavaria) was interested in the so called Napoleon II.

After his fathers abdication Napoleon II lived in Austria for some time, the home land of his mother Archduchess Marie Louise of Austria.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 09:21:35 AM »

I can remember stories that Archduchess Sophie of Austria (née princess of Bavaria) was interested in the so called Napoleon II.

After his fathers abdication Napoleon II lived in Austria for some time, the home land of his mother Archduchess Marie Louise of Austria.

And there's this long undying rumor that her second son, Maximilian, was in reality the son of Napoleon II.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 09:38:12 AM »

And there's this long undying rumor that her second son, Maximilian, was in reality the son of Napoleon II.

Ah, thank you for the confirmation! 
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 11:38:40 PM »

In 1839 Napoleon (III) wrote Les Idees napoleoniennes (Napoleonic ideas). He called for a monarchy which procures the advantages of the Republic without the inconveniences.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 03:28:58 AM »

Is Prince Charles the head of the Imperial House of France? Or is his son Prince Jean-Christophe the head of the Imperial House of France?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 10:44:27 AM »

According to among others Wikipedia, the dispute about who is the legitime head of the house is caused by the will of their (grand)father Prince Louis Napoléon:

"..Charles, Prince Napoléon (Charles Marie Jérôme Victor Napoléon; born 19 October 1950 in Boulogne-Billancourt), is a French politician, and is recognised by some Bonapartists as the head of the Imperial House of France and as heir to the rights and legacy established by his great-great-grand-uncle, Emperor Napoléon I. Other Bonapartists consider his son, Jean-Christophe, to be the current head of the house and heir. .."

"..Although officially recognized as heir apparent to the Bonapartist claim during the lifetime of his father Prince Louis Napoléon, when the latter's will was made public on 2 December 1997 (seven months after his death), it declared that Prince Charles was to be bypassed as dynastic heir in favour of his only son, Prince Jean-Christophe Napoléon, then 11 years old.

In an interview published by Le Figaro on 2 December 1997, Jean-Marc Varaut, the attorney who witnessed the late Prince Louis Napoléon's will and subsequently represented the dynastic interests of Prince Jean Christophe against his father, stated that Prince Charles had alienated himself from the Bonaparte legacy by publicly espousing "republican and democratic opinions.... He has deprived himself of all rights to dynastic heritage in remarrying without his father's permission... which is against the rules of the imperial family."....

"..Jean-Christophe, Prince Napoléon (Jean Christophe Louis Ferdinand Albéric Napoléon; born 11 July 1986) is, in the views of some Bonapartists, head of the former Imperial House of France and the heir of Napoleon Bonaparte. …"

"..Prince Jean-Christophe was born in Saint-Raphaël, Var, France. He is the son of Prince Charles Napoléon and his first wife Princess Béatrice of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, daughter of the late Prince Ferdinand of Bourbon, Duke of Castro, a claimant to headship of the former Royal House of the Two Sicilies.[1] His parents divorced on 2 May 1989, two months before Jean-Christophe's 3rd birthday.

Jean-Christophe is the great-great-great-great-nephew of Emperor Napoleon I (who has no legitimate direct descendants) through the emperor's youngest brother, Jérôme, King of Westphalia. Through his mother, he is a descendant of King Louis XIV of France and through his great-grandmother, Princess Clémentine of Belgium, he descends from William IV, Prince of Orange, Charles III of Spain, Frederick William I of Prussia, George II of Great Britain and Louis Philippe I, King of the French, who was the last king to rule France, while his great-great-grandfather was Prince Napoléon Bonaparte, the heir of the Emperor Napoleon III, France’s most recent monarch. …"

So Jean-Christophe is not only a descendent of the Bonaparte family but also from the Bourbon family & Orléans family. He seems to have a relative 'solid' connection to French royalty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...les,_Prince_Napol%C3%A9on

https://en.wikipedia.org/...phe,_Prince_Napol%C3%A9on

CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2019, 02:22:38 AM »

Napoleon V Victor (1879-1926) was the grandson of Napoleon I's brother, Jerome Bonaparte. Victor, Prince Napoleon was appointed head of the house of Bonaparte at the age of 18 in the will of Napoleon Eugene, Prince Imperial, who died in 1879.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: