Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dutch-Belgian fashion twins (with a tiny bit Lux)  (Read 3682 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 08:43:32 PM »

does Charlene of Monaco ever dress like another Royal ?

There are 2 general topics about royals in the same outfit and royals _& celebs in the same outfit. Both can be found here in Royal Fashion and jewelry. In there also items with Charlene, but often unknown who was first (wearing it)
NotAgain
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 08:44:50 PM »

This is an excellent thread and a very good point ó look old(er) in your prime or ageless in old age. For both of these women, it is difficult to tell exactly how old the photos are. Some are obviously long ago, but most could have been yesterday. What these 2 ladies show, as well as others, is that it is far better to develop your style early and stay with it through the years. They both use accessories to update their look which keeps it fresh. Now, the extreme would be Princess Anne who sometimes appears stuck in a rut, but that is really ok because she has a beautiful figure to showcase the clothes. Iím guessing we will see many of these clothes repeated, perhaps with minor changes to lenght, sleeves, etc.  Very interesting idea!

Thanks so much for the photos and the observations.

Matilde is what we call nata vecchia, born old.
Probably in 20 years we will say look,matilde looks always the same,not a day older.

That is the question: would you rather look old in your prime or ageless in your old age???🤔🤔🤔🤔
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 09:37:40 PM »

I don't see Mathilde recycling the way Anne has done over t he years.
But many women stick to eg a certain hairstyle, some longer than it's advisable, simply because they are used to it and it feels comfortable to maintain. Many only change the hairstyle significantly when either life style or hair structure changes abruptly.
Unfortunately for Mathilde, she went with a mature hairstyle in her youth, possibly to portrait a certain regal image and close the age gap to her husband.
A good hair stylist however would be able to make subtle changes to keep it up to date and still close enough to her comfort zone.
Mathilde's hairstyle is the same that many society dames in their late fifties, sixties and seventies feature, together with this trademark blondish color. I swear, those "I am an expensive" society hair salons carry this shade in what they probably call "ladies who want to appear lunching".

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Marieke

Warned
Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2018, 06:57:47 AM »

[
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore