Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 80th birthday celebrations  (Read 35872 times)
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2017, 01:36:29 PM »

first confirmed guests:
sweden
CG, sylvia, victoria, daniel, CP, snackey
http://www.kungahuset.se/...228.html?page=2#Kalendern
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 01:38:52 PM »

Lol, of course Sofia will go, probably a tiara event.
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 05:46:38 PM »

On may 9th there will be a gala dinner at the palace for friends, family and royal guests

The goverment will host a dinner on May 10th in the foyeer at the operahouse and not at Akershus fortest AS reporter. That is because this space is big enough for all the guests to be in the same room, which is not possible at Akershus. Also the prime minister wants to show of the more modern Norway. Forreign royals will be invited to this dinner according to an interview with the PM in Aftenposten
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 05:50:11 PM »

Full program

Tuesday 9 May at. 17.30: Entertainment at the Palace Square. At 6.30 pm, the royal couple and their foreign guests from Europe will come out to the Palace balconny Photo opportunity.

Tuesday 9 May at. 20:00: Gala Dinner at the Palace. Photo pool inside.

Wednesday 10 May at. 11.00: Lunch at Royal yacht Norway. Photo opportunity on departure from Honnørbrygga.

Wednesday 10 May at. 19:00: party dinner in the opera The dinner is the government's gift for the royal couple on the occasion of the 80's. Photo opportunity on arrival. Photo pool inside.

The royals will drive a short ride along Karl Johan from the Palace to the Opera.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 08:09:34 PM »

first confirmed guests:
sweden
CG, sylvia, victoria, daniel, CP, snackey
http://www.kungahuset.se/...228.html?page=2#Kalendern

Gross.  I'm sure everybody in the world wants a greaseball and his trash heap of a wife at their birthday party. Roll Eyes

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 08:32:57 PM »

I feel sorry for the poor guys who have them as dinner partners. I guess some of the guest already pray that they do not have to be the partner of one of them  Halo. So Denmark and Sweden are going but what about the rest? I read that Spain has an incoming official visit during this time, so maybe JC and Sofia instead of F+L? Not sure about the Luxes, if Kate is coming on the 11th for the 150th anniversary of the London treaty I'm not sure if MT is going (depending on her fear of flights as she has to be back in time for the 11th but I would love her and Henri going).
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 08:44:27 PM »

Didn't MT fly somewhere not that long ago for a state or official visit? Also, its one of the shorter flights she would have to do so she might manage it! Would be nice to see them attend.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 08:51:31 PM »

yes she went to Finnland but she did for example not attend the event on monday in Lux that she was suppossed to attend together with Henri and she looked quite healthy on the pics from saturday. And sitting in a plane for 2-3 hours if you panic is not easy, so I guess it depends on how she feels at this day. But yes, it would be nice to see them and to see all of the other older royals as well. I would also prefer it to see Albert and Paola instead of P+M because they are closer in age to Sonja and Harold but I guess this will not be the case (they didn't go to GD Jean's 95th birthday)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 09:43:51 PM »

I suspect that Max and Wax or Bea from NL will be there.  My guess is that the Greeks, or at least Constantine and AM will attend.  They rarely miss a Scandinavian event, and were in Norway with their kids for Harald's last big event. 

I don't know if they even know them, but the Braganzas of Portugal never, ever seem to miss an opportunity to pretend to be royal.  If they have any connection with Norway, I'm sure they'll be there.  Same for Radu and Margarita of Romania and Katherine and Alexander of Serbia. 

I could not care less about the Brits, and the Brits could not care less about the continental royals, but if they do send someone it will probably be Edward and Sophie.  I suspect that the Belgians will be there, or possibly Albert and Paola if they're healthy.  Not sure about Monaco. 

JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 11:26:33 PM »

Great. Another event for CP and especially Skunkers to ruin with their trashy presence. Only the Royal and Crown Princess couples need to attend. I don't see why this trash should go. The Danes will be there as well. Expecting Marge to go. Can't wait to see Frodo's drunken expressions once again and Mosh's extra-filled botoxed face. I hope Joachim and Marie go as well (since CP and Skunkers are attending) just to show how a REAL Crown Princely Couple should behave.

I don't care for the Brits that much, but I like Edward and Sophie. It's good that the BRF sends this likeable couple. I hope they attend. Possible that JC and Sofia attend as well. Don't know of A&P or P&M from Belgium. Neither know about Beatrix or WA&M. Henri and MT perhaps, or G&S? Albert of Monaco will definetly go.

Are the Liechs close to the Norwegians?

Pinkie

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 12:02:37 AM »

I suspect that Max and Wax or Bea from NL will be there.  My guess is that the Greeks, or at least Constantine and AM will attend.  They rarely miss a Scandinavian event, and were in Norway with their kids for Harald's last big event.  

I don't know if they even know them, but the Braganzas of Portugal never, ever seem to miss an opportunity to pretend to be royal.  If they have any connection with Norway, I'm sure they'll be there.  Same for Radu and Margarita of Romania and Katherine and Alexander of Serbia.  

I could not care less about the Brits, and the Brits could not care less about the continental royals, but if they do send someone it will probably be Edward and Sophie.  I suspect that the Belgians will be there, or possibly Albert and Paola if they're healthy.  Not sure about Monaco.  
Albert and Paola didn't bother to attend any of Harald's or Sonia's 70th birthday celebrations and for sure they care even less about it all now.
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 12:51:46 AM »

The Queen and Philip are close to the Norwegians because of the family link with Queen Maud. Sonja (and Harald sometimes) stay at Sandringham regularly. So the Wessexes are likely to attend.
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 08:31:57 PM »

The dinner at the palace is white tie and tiaras, the goverments dinner is black tie, and I think then no tiaras as i vant remeber black tie and tiara at any event in Norway.
According to norwegian press 30-40 royals are expected, the presidents of iceland and Finland is invited.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 11:12:51 PM »

The Queen and Philip are close to the Norwegians because of the family link with Queen Maud. Sonja (and Harald sometimes) stay at Sandringham regularly. So the Wessexes are likely to attend.

So close that they haven't bothered to attend any of their events in the last couple of decades. Roll Eyes What a shame their friendship seems to go only one way.

rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 07:42:03 AM »

^ Actually Edward Wessex, Anne and husband Tim and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester were in Norway to celebrate Harald's 70th birthday. Anne and Richard Gloucester have an especially warm friendship with the NRF.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: