Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 80th birthday celebrations  (Read 52268 times)
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 01:02:23 PM »

The Queen and Philip are close to the Norwegians because of the family link with Queen Maud. Sonja (and Harald sometimes) stay at Sandringham regularly. So the Wessexes are likely to attend.

So close that they haven't bothered to attend any of their events in the last couple of decades. Roll Eyes What a shame their friendship seems to go only one way.
But Pixie, you know that they are close  Halo. Just because there are no pics doesn'T mean that they don't attend these events  Tongue. You know, they visit each other frequently and just don't publish pics about it  . I guess that's at least the excuse some fans will have  Whistle.
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 03:06:58 PM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ymu1WyDzEyQ

Anne and Tim are quite clearly seen on this clip. The public sees about 1% of the private lives of royals and people don't constantly take photos. Queen Sonja has been seen at Sandringham lots of times. I have friends who live on the estate and have seen her. Just as Beatrix and Mabel stayed at Windsor Castle several times when their son and husband was very ill.

The guest list for King Harald's 70th shows Edward, the Gloucesters and Anne and Tim were there.

http://royalshoes.blogspo...-king-harald-vs-70th.html

Why is it so hard to believe that the families could be friends? Harald and the Queen are 2nd cousins. Harald's father was godfather to Prince Michael of Kent. Charles and Camilla were there and in Denmark in jubilee year.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:33:51 PM by rosella » Logged
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2017, 07:01:01 PM »

^ Actually Edward Wessex, Anne and husband Tim and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester were in Norway to celebrate Harald's 70th birthday. Anne and Richard Gloucester have an especially warm friendship with the NRF.

Right, but yet again, they weren't the queen and Prince Philip.  If I had a genuinely close relationship with someone, I wouldn't send a family member to their events to act as my proxy.  

It's basically like, "Oh look.  An invitation to my dear friend's wedding.  I can't be bothered to consider making time for this, so I'll just send my brother and my cousin instead."

Not the same as if I myself went to the event.  At all.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 07:05:42 PM »

Anne and Tim are quite clearly seen on this clip. The public sees about 1% of the private lives of royals and people don't constantly take photos. Queen Sonja has been seen at Sandringham lots of times. I have friends who live on the estate and have seen her. Just as Beatrix and Mabel stayed at Windsor Castle several times when their son and husband was very ill.

The guest list for King Harald's 70th shows Edward, the Gloucesters and Anne and Tim were there.

Why is it so harduto believe that the families could be friends? Harald and the Queen are 2nd cousins. Harald's father was godfather to Prince Michael of Kent. Charles and Camilla were there and in Denmark in jubilee year.

It's not hard to believe.  My point is that the queen herself can't be bothered to show up for events that celebrate others.  It's just that the relationship seems to go one way only.  She won't go out of her way to celebrate the events of others.  Instead, they must come to her, and they must drop everything to attend her family's events.  That's not my idea of a close relationship.  If anything, it seems she takes them for granted and views them as her inferior.  You can keep on posting photos of other British royals showing up for continental events, but it won't change the fact that she herself never goes out of her way to visit the others.

And this is why I have zero respect for the BRF in general.  The Queen Fabiola funeral incident really sealed the deal for me.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2017, 07:49:55 PM »

I somewhow have trouble believing that they are so close if they never attend events on the continent. And no, sending Ed + wife isn't the same. And yes, Fabiola's funeral was an alltime low for the British. But back to the the 80th birthday, will the dinner with the foreign royals be broadcasted?
JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 10:41:58 PM »

Why is it so harduto believe that the families could be friends? Harald and the Queen are 2nd cousins. Harald's father was godfather to Prince Michael of Kent. Charles and Camilla were there and in Denmark in jubilee year.

It's not hard to believe.  My point is that the queen herself can't be bothered to show up for events that celebrate others.  It's just that the relationship seems to go one way only.  She won't go out of her way to celebrate the events of others.  Instead, they must come to her, and they must drop everything to attend her family's events.  That's not my idea of a close relationship.  If anything, it seems she takes them for granted and views them as her inferior.  You can keep on posting photos of other British royals showing up for continental events, but it won't change the fact that she herself never goes out of her way to visit the others.

And this is why I have zero respect for the BRF in general.  The Queen Fabiola funeral incident really sealed the deal for me.

WORD!  Star My royal family is the most stuck-up and the most looker-down on others. It's the least RF I like, as well as the most uniteresting and boring.

At least they won't be here to ruin the celebrations with their outdated "manners".

Back on to Harald's 80th!  Champagne

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2017, 02:30:12 AM »

WORD!  Star My royal family is the most stuck-up and the most looker-down on others. It's the least RF I like, as well as the most uniteresting and boring.

At least they won't be here to ruin the celebrations with their outdated "manners".

Back on to Harald's 80th!  Champagne

Star  back at you.  Lol, "manners".  Manners my arse. 

No great loss at all if they don't show up.  I'm sure they're as fun as watching paint dry.  Glad his true friends will be there.
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2017, 07:50:09 PM »

Maybe the BRF can just send Harry (and his plus one).  He's just about the only one anyone really wants to see anyway.  Tongue
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2017, 08:24:44 PM »

Maybe the BRF can just send Harry (and his plus one).  He's just about the only one anyone really wants to see anyway.  Tongue

That is true but not many of the other attendees would really know Harry that well.  At least if Edward (and Sophie) went they'd know pretty much everyone else there.  I wouldn't be surprised if Edward or Anne did go as they attended the last time.  The Wessex's seem to go to a lot of these things - they have been in the Netherlands this weekend for Willem Alexander's 50th birthday celebrations.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2017, 01:09:19 AM »

Or they don't need to send anybody at all because despite what they seem to think, they're not the most important or best royal family in the world. Roll Eyes 

I know I'm sick to death of them.  There are many more people out there who share my view.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2017, 01:25:55 AM »

He was a rude douchebag during the London Olympics when CP and Dan of Sweden tried to say hi to him.  He clearly shares his grandmother's attitude toward the continental cousins.  It's better that he just stays home. 
KimmySue

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2017, 06:00:01 PM »

Or they don't need to send anybody at all because despite what they seem to think, they're not the most important or best royal family in the world. Roll Eyes 

I know I'm sick to death of them.  There are many more people out there who share my view.

This!!  Star pixiecat
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2017, 06:07:30 PM »

Pix:  Star I agree with you on every word here!

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2017, 08:11:12 PM »

KimmySue and Harley:  Star Star Hug

Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2017, 08:21:46 AM »

The brittish Court confirms someone will attend, but will not say who since it is a private event.

The spokesperson at the belgian Court says it is 99 % sure it is King Philippe and Queen Mathilde who will represent

The Spanish Court says they will publish on Friday who attends

Monaco, Netherlands and Luxembourg are also expected to send someone according to VG.no

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/...gelige-i-oslo/a/23988186/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: