Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 80th birthday celebrations  (Read 35814 times)
jazzglam

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: May 15, 2017, 11:43:46 AM »

The snake slithered to Greaseball "you didn't cover me, you idiot!!"
Immediately moves the umbrella above her
diamond

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: May 15, 2017, 01:06:27 PM »

Charles and Camilla have no engagements booked in on the two days. However, he has stopped going to any of the European Royal celebrations as he is a generation older than his contemporaries. (He used to attend some prior to the 2000's.) It's said, and it may be true, that Charles has become peeved because he would have to mix with younger contemporaries like Felipe, Phillipe of the Belgians etc who have become Kings and are now of a higher rank while he has gotten older and older and remains the same.

I seriously doubt Charles is "peeved" by having to meet his former peers turned regents. As if. The BRF send junior royals to most events and have done for a long time. Now, Liz is old and Phillip retired so I understand they aren't going. Charles is also busy so I can buy him not going, at least not always. There is ZERO excuse for not sending W&C though. Zero. It's pure snobbery from the BRF to think it's fine sending E&S always. 10 years ago they were a fine replacement. Now they're not even if they're probably on friendlier terms with everyone. What's Wily going to do when his grandmother passes away and later his dad? He has no attachment to the other royal families. He's a dumbass for not preparing himself. Well, him and whoever decides who's representing the BRF.

sorry Maria, but there is 100% reason for NOT sending WC. They'd be an embarrassement and abject humilation to Lizzy and BRF. Best to keep them out of limelight and send them to light and frothy events that they can grin through, flash, joke and poke fun at and look bored and then ask is it finished, can we go home now. Snare Crap

G Smiley

You are so right, please keep these idiots at home.  Nobody wants to see Williams miserable boat race (face) nor Kates underwear.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: May 15, 2017, 08:12:47 PM »

W&K are idiots, but the bigger problem here is that QEII routinely snubs her continental counterparts.  It's a very visible pattern that has emerged over the last few decades, and it is not okay.  Yes, W&K suck and don't know how to behave.  However, the wife of the 9th person in line to the throne is NOT a suitable person to send to celebrate the birthday of a reigning king in a neighboring country.  Supposedly the BRF are all about protocol, so that makes this even more offensive.  Yes, Sophie is friendly with these people; however, that's only because QEII has been snubbing the continental royals for a very long time. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: May 15, 2017, 08:21:38 PM »

But the continental royals don't want Kate or William  Secret. Look how the wife of the heir of the heir was treated in Lux. By sending Sophie they could be sure that they had send somebody who didn't embarrass them. So I guess everybody was happy with Sophie and preferred her to somebody who doesn't know all the other royals and asks them things like "Oh you live in a monarchy? Interesting, I thougt Britain is the only monarchy".
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: May 15, 2017, 09:12:57 PM »

But the continental royals don't want Kate or William  Secret. Look how the wife of the heir of the heir was treated in Lux. By sending Sophie they could be sure that they had send somebody who didn't embarrass them. So I guess everybody was happy with Sophie and preferred her to somebody who doesn't know all the other royals and asks them things like "Oh you live in a monarchy? Interesting, I thougt Britain is the only monarchy".

It's true, but royalty is all about protocol and traditions-especially the Brits.  That's why I have such an issue with their snobbery. They should simply train W&K to actually do their jobs instead of sending these very minor royals to these events-especially since the other houses would never do such a thing when they attend British events.  It just reeks of hypocrisy and snobbery, IMO.

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: