Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 80th birthday celebrations  (Read 48559 times)
jazzglam

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: May 15, 2017, 11:43:46 AM »

The snake slithered to Greaseball "you didn't cover me, you idiot!!"
Immediately moves the umbrella above her
diamond

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: May 15, 2017, 01:06:27 PM »

Charles and Camilla have no engagements booked in on the two days. However, he has stopped going to any of the European Royal celebrations as he is a generation older than his contemporaries. (He used to attend some prior to the 2000's.) It's said, and it may be true, that Charles has become peeved because he would have to mix with younger contemporaries like Felipe, Phillipe of the Belgians etc who have become Kings and are now of a higher rank while he has gotten older and older and remains the same.

I seriously doubt Charles is "peeved" by having to meet his former peers turned regents. As if. The BRF send junior royals to most events and have done for a long time. Now, Liz is old and Phillip retired so I understand they aren't going. Charles is also busy so I can buy him not going, at least not always. There is ZERO excuse for not sending W&C though. Zero. It's pure snobbery from the BRF to think it's fine sending E&S always. 10 years ago they were a fine replacement. Now they're not even if they're probably on friendlier terms with everyone. What's Wily going to do when his grandmother passes away and later his dad? He has no attachment to the other royal families. He's a dumbass for not preparing himself. Well, him and whoever decides who's representing the BRF.

sorry Maria, but there is 100% reason for NOT sending WC. They'd be an embarrassement and abject humilation to Lizzy and BRF. Best to keep them out of limelight and send them to light and frothy events that they can grin through, flash, joke and poke fun at and look bored and then ask is it finished, can we go home now. Snare Crap

G Smiley

You are so right, please keep these idiots at home.  Nobody wants to see Williams miserable boat race (face) nor Kates underwear.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: May 15, 2017, 08:12:47 PM »

W&K are idiots, but the bigger problem here is that QEII routinely snubs her continental counterparts.  It's a very visible pattern that has emerged over the last few decades, and it is not okay.  Yes, W&K suck and don't know how to behave.  However, the wife of the 9th person in line to the throne is NOT a suitable person to send to celebrate the birthday of a reigning king in a neighboring country.  Supposedly the BRF are all about protocol, so that makes this even more offensive.  Yes, Sophie is friendly with these people; however, that's only because QEII has been snubbing the continental royals for a very long time. 
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: May 15, 2017, 08:21:38 PM »

But the continental royals don't want Kate or William  Secret. Look how the wife of the heir of the heir was treated in Lux. By sending Sophie they could be sure that they had send somebody who didn't embarrass them. So I guess everybody was happy with Sophie and preferred her to somebody who doesn't know all the other royals and asks them things like "Oh you live in a monarchy? Interesting, I thougt Britain is the only monarchy".
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: May 15, 2017, 09:12:57 PM »

But the continental royals don't want Kate or William  Secret. Look how the wife of the heir of the heir was treated in Lux. By sending Sophie they could be sure that they had send somebody who didn't embarrass them. So I guess everybody was happy with Sophie and preferred her to somebody who doesn't know all the other royals and asks them things like "Oh you live in a monarchy? Interesting, I thougt Britain is the only monarchy".

It's true, but royalty is all about protocol and traditions-especially the Brits.  That's why I have such an issue with their snobbery. They should simply train W&K to actually do their jobs instead of sending these very minor royals to these events-especially since the other houses would never do such a thing when they attend British events.  It just reeks of hypocrisy and snobbery, IMO.
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: June 13, 2017, 05:09:07 PM »

As a part of the 80th birthday celebrations Harald and Sonja are doing a 4-day visit this week to the counties of Hedmark and Oppland. Today they are hosting a garden party with 600 invited guests at Maihaugen in Lillehammer. MM and Haakon also attending.

Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: June 13, 2017, 07:50:44 PM »

Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: July 04, 2017, 12:35:42 PM »

Today Queen Sonja is 80 and today a new statue of her was unveiled in the palace park where there are already a statue of Queen Maud and Crown Princess Mærtha. The statue is made by Kristin Kokkin who made the Mærtha statue also and shows Queen Sonja sitting on a rock after a walk. Today was also the opening of queen Sonjas art galleri, which is the old stables that has been rebild into a gallery as the norwegian court has had no horses for many years.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:15:10 PM by Thomas » Logged
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: July 04, 2017, 06:40:27 PM »

Martha Louise girls certainly have enough personality to pick the weirdest clothes  Smiley It's going to be interesting to follow them as they grow up 

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: July 04, 2017, 07:56:56 PM »

Today Queen Sonja is 80 and today a new statue of her was unveiled in the palace park where there are already a statue of Queen Maud and Crown Princess Mærtha. The statue is made by Kristin Kokkin who made the Mærtha statue also and shows Queen Sonja sitting on a rock after a walk. Today was also the opening of queen Sonjas art galleri, which is the old stables that has been rebild into a gallery as the norwegian court has had no horses for many years.

Larzen, I don't know if you're aware of this but when clicking on your photos, a link that opened right up to hard core p*rn came up.  Shocked  Is there another way to edit those photos?  I'd hate for someone here to get in trouble at work or to see something that offends/disturbs them.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:15:20 PM by Thomas » Logged
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: July 04, 2017, 08:04:05 PM »

Looks like MM forgot to leave her bitch face at home...

She just gets worse and worse.

Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: July 04, 2017, 09:24:57 PM »

uh oh i did not know that but it seems i cant Edit the post anymore, here are direct Links to Norwegian papers
http://www.dagbladet.no/k...t-dronning-sonja/68468317
https://www.aftenposten.n...-verket-godt-624565b.html
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: July 04, 2017, 09:36:55 PM »

This evening they had a dinner for friends and family and artfriends of Sonja at Bygdøy royal farm. The pm and mayorn was there AS well. Sonja usually has her birthday dinner at their summerhouse in Tjøme
https://www.nrk.no/kultur...3588495?index=0#undefined
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: July 04, 2017, 09:37:26 PM »

I love this statue of her, it resembles her perfectly.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: July 04, 2017, 09:38:50 PM »

MM's mom is such a beautiful and classy looking lady.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: