Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal What Ifs?  (Read 15084 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2019, 09:57:46 AM »

Currently I am reading (in high speed) through the following Dutch book (which had been on my TBR pile for a while):

Constand Wassink - De republiek wordt uitgeroepen (= The republic is proclaimed)

It as fictional book about a royal 'What ifÖ?'

What if young Queen Wilhelmina would have died in 1902, without surviving children. Who would succeed to the Dutch throne, in the book the answer is Prince Wilhelm Karl Bernhard Hermann of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (who via his mother Princess Sophie is a grandson of King Willem II). He becomes King of the Netherlands and marries Princess Thyra of Denmark. Together they will have a couple of children. But in the end their reign is brought to an end and the Netherlands are proclaimed a republic. The book is mainly written from the view of prime minister and other members of parliament.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2019, 11:50:33 PM »

What if King Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden had not abdicated in 1809 and remained the monarch until 1837? His son Prince Gustav might have become King Gustav V. There might have been no Bernadotte dynasty.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2020, 12:39:38 AM »

What if, upon the demise of King Richard I of England in 1199, his nephew Arthur of Brittany would have succeeded to the throne?           
Arthur would have been a minor child. He was born in 1187. Who would have been the regent? Would Arthur's uncle have been the regent?
Nappyolean

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2020, 01:26:55 AM »

What if, William didnít marry Kate after all those years of waiting. If, in the end, Isabella said yes. Kate had no career, no prospects and while 30 isnít old, it would have been hard on her to start dating again, or going on job interviews.
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2020, 01:32:52 AM »

What if, William didn’t marry Kate after all those years of waiting. If, in the end, Isabella said yes. Kate had no career, no prospects and while 30 isn’t old, it would have been hard on her to start dating again, or going on job interviews.

I think Kate would've ended up fine in the end. She's educated, well-off, and has a supportive family.

Plus, I'm 30, unmarried, and left my job yesterday with nothing lined up so hopefully that's not the end for me!
Queenís Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2020, 02:33:18 AM »

What if, William didnít marry Kate after all those years of waiting. If, in the end, Isabella said yes. Kate had no career, no prospects and while 30 isnít old, it would have been hard on her to start dating again, or going on job interviews.

I think Kate would've ended up fine in the end. She's educated, well-off, and has a supportive family.

Plus, I'm 30, unmarried, and left my job yesterday with nothing lined up so hopefully that's not the end for me!

Wow, Iím glad you said that!  I was feeling seriously useless being nearly twice that age! 

I think Kate would have been just fine, too.  She traveled in some pretty interesting circles and am pretty sure she would have married well regardless.  Or went on to have a stellar career.  People enter the workforce at ALL ages for any number of reasons.  Just my two cents. 
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2020, 10:39:27 PM »

What if in 1555 there had been no Peace of Augsburg allowing each prince in the Holy Roman Empire to decide for himself and his realm between Catholicism and Lutheranism?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2020, 11:10:18 AM »

Don't worry, time will tell.

I am almost 40, unmarried (single for many years), no kids, living in a small dump appartement, but with a full time job. All my former classmates have settled and seemed to have done well. But as the Dutch saying goes: Elk huisje heeft zijn kruisje (Every house has his cross;  everyone has his/her own problems/issues/worries etc.)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2020, 12:27:49 PM »

If Fred hadnít married Mary I would never have found Royal Blue ... and this amazing forum wouldnít exist would it?

That said. I wish Fred had married Katja....
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2020, 02:54:19 AM »

Eugene de Beauharnais was adopted by his stepfather Emperor Napoleon I on January 12, 1806 although excluded from succession to the French Empire. What if Napoleon did not divorce Josephine? What if Eugene was not excluded from the succession? What if he became Emperor Eugene I?
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2020, 02:56:12 AM »

If Fred hadnít married Mary I would never have found Royal Blue ... and this amazing forum wouldnít exist would it?

That said. I wish Fred had married Katja....

Ah, Royal Blue . . . Smiley I used to get birthday wishes from them.

Agree on Katja.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: