Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Musical royals  (Read 940 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2017, 02:03:11 PM »

Recently we saw hereditary grandduke Guillaume play the guitar at the baptism of his nephew Liam:

And he is certainly not the only musical royal out there:
- Princess Christina of the Netherlands (Maria Christina; born 18 February 1947) (Initially called Marijke) is the youngest of four daughters born to Queen Juliana of the Netherlands and Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld. She had a considerable talent for music and made a career in it. Christina studied pedagogy at the University of Groningen (NL) since 1966. Later she decided to get acquainted outside the Netherlands. She first went to Canada where she followed a vocal education at a conservatory in Montreal. After that, Christina decided to give singles lessons to children in New York.  Christina has acted as a singer at various events in the Dutch royal family: at the baptism of her niece Carolina de Bourbon de Parme (youngest daughter of Irene) and her own youngest son Nicolás Guillermo. But also at the weddings of her nephew Bernhard van Oranje Nassau (2nd son of Margriet) & Annette Sekreve and of her own (oldest) son Bernardo Guillermo & Eva Valdez. And Christina sang at the funeral of her parents.
In 1990, the princess gave her name to a foundation for young musicians and young people. The Edith Stein Concourse was named Princess Christina Concours. She is the honorary chairman of this foundation. Christina has recorded 2 CDs, In 2000 a Christmas album and in 2002 The me nobody knows, including a song with Dutch singer Rob de Nijs. The proceeds went to the Princess Christina Concours and the victims of the attacks on September 11, 2001.

- On her 40th birthday Queen Maxima (then princess) launched a musical initiative Kinderen maken Muziek (Children make music). The program aims to bring as many children in the Netherlans as possible  into a musical instrument and make music together. Máxima has worked out the idea with the Orange Fund and the Cultural Participation Fund.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPGZ6BrFVQE (2012 event of Kinderen maken Muziek)

- Amalia, Alexia and Ariane, the 3 daughters of Maxima and WA, have according to their parents music lessons. Among others Amalia plays the violin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXyAtz6vHXk (Amalia singing a Sinterklaas song)

Kimothy

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 04:28:40 PM »

Doesn't Crown Prince Naurito play the viola? Also, his daughter (Princess Aiko) is musically inclined and plays the piano, violin and bass.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 05:52:00 PM »

We can't forget Charles and his cello.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/...7000005DC-198_468x536.jpg
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 03:35:06 PM »

lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 03:54:53 AM »

Love it -  Star in 24.

Fabiola played the piano very well. I'll have to dig out a picture I have of her playing as Baudouin is smiling at her. It's a sweet photo.

lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 11:09:09 AM »

FOUND IT while looking for the Audrey Hepburn photo. I really got to review my Pinterest Baudouin and Fabiola site more often - I did a lot of work and forget to post the links up here. I forget what a great love story they had sometimes when life get horrid like this horrible bombing attack in Manchester. Got to hold on to pics like this where the world was good once and hope more people are good to each other.

lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 07:55:45 PM »

One more of Fabiola and Baudouin visiting with the Belgian organist Flor Peeters.

loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 11:11:46 AM »

don't know if he really knows how to play or if he just tapper on it  , but here albert at the drums
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 11:55:09 AM »

A little on the off topic road:

I tried Google images with the search item: "princesses playing an instrument"
Ended up with funny and cute pictures    Among others:

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 11:56:58 AM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 11:58:08 AM »

Wink

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 12:01:32 PM »

Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven, husband of princess Margriet of the Netherlands, is know for playing the piano and even performing (commercially)

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 12:02:36 PM »

Princess Eleonore of Belgium:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: