Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nationale Dodenherdenking 2017  (Read 1455 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« on: May 04, 2017, 05:47:55 PM »

Remembrance of the Dead (Dutch: Dodenherdenking) is held annually on May 4 in the Netherlands.

Since 2011, the official text of the Memorandum for Remembrance Day on 4 May is as follows:

During the national commemoration of Remembrance Day we remember all Dutch victims civilians and soldiers who have been killed or murdered in the Kingdom of the Netherlands or anywhere else in the world in war situations or during peace-keeping operations since the outbreak of the Second World War.

 Memorandum 2011

Traditionally, the main ceremonies are observed in Amsterdam at the National Monument on Dam Square. This ceremony is usually attended by members of the cabinet and the royal family, military leaders, representatives of the resistance movement and other social groups. At 20:00, two minutes of silence are observed throughout the Netherlands. Public transport is stopped, as well as all other traffic. Radio and TV only broadcast the ceremonies from 19:00 until 20:30. Since 4 May 1994, the flags, having hung at half-staff from 18:00 onwards, are then hoisted to the music of the "Wilhelmus", the Dutch national anthem.

The main commemorations in Amsterdam are broadcast by the public broadcasting company NOS, but there are ceremonies in other cities and places as well. Especially notable are those at the Waalsdorpervlakte near The Hague, where many Dutch resistance fighters were executed during the war, and at the war cemetery Grebbeberg, which are broadcast by the commercial broadcasting companies. In many towns, before or after the two minutes of silence, people gather around a monument, listen to speeches, and lay down flowers to remember the dead.

The next day, on May 5, Dutch people celebrate the liberation of the nation from the German occupation of 1940 to 1945.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 07:22:05 PM »

http://nos.nl/artikel/217...erdenking-bij-de-nos.html

http://nos.nl/artikel/217...voor-dodenherdenking.html
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 09:07:49 AM »

With many thanks to: http://www.modekoninginma...erdenking-2017-de-kleding   Thumb up

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 09:20:20 AM »

One man who got applause during the ceremony was the mayor of Amsterdam: Eberhard van der Laan.

In October 2013, he was known to have prostate cancer, which he later healed. In January 2017, he announced that he was diagnosed with sown out lung cancer. He is treated at the Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital.

Van der Laan gave a speech about freedom and remembrance  & laid a wrath together with the deputy mayor.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 10:25:35 AM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 10:45:14 AM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 05:44:35 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 05:46:41 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 10:22:49 AM »

http://www.eo.nl/blauwblo...t-herdenkt-op-grebbeberg/

Princess Margriet and her husband, Pieter van Vollenhoven, attended the National Military Remembrance of the death on Thursday evening in Rhenen. Prince Pieter-Christiaan accompanied his parents at the commemoration of the military event on the Grebbeberg.

They commemorated all occupational pilots and officers who have fallen for the kingdom since 1940.

Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven usually go to the Grebbeberg on 4 May, where German invasion in the Netherlands was fiercely resisted. Prince Pieter-Christiaan has been attending the commemoration for years. On the occasion, over eight hundred people have been buried.

Next week, Margriet and Pieter also stand in Canada during the war and the Dutch liberation, which was partly caused by the efforts of Canadian soldiers.

Battle of the Grebbeberg:
https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Battle_of_the_Grebbeberg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: