Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fred - NEWS  (Read 108171 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: September 06, 2017, 03:05:57 AM »

Burning Man is an annual gathering that takes place at Black Rock City—a temporary city erected in the Black Rock Desert in Nevada. The event is described as an experiment in community and art, influenced by 10 main principles: "radical" inclusion, self-reliance, and self-expression, as well as community cooperation, civic responsibility, gifting, decommodification, participation, immediacy, and leaving no trace.

Ive been to Burning Man on a International service learning trip about Community and decommodification.  Sure theres celebs and lots of whacky crazy people & music.  But there is also the element of this massive event that leaves no trace and the feeling of inclusion and community amongst so many. 

Like anything, there is always elements of party and organisation to these type of events.

No reports on Fred from there other than the DM/ SMH article right?

I've been to Burning Man more than once and like Wisdom said, the older you are, the creepier it is, especially if one is male.  Fred has no business attending this event.  He's free to do so, of course,  but it speaks volumes about his character.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: September 06, 2017, 03:51:19 AM »

Fred IS the Burning Man.

He's being burned by his own wife's efforts to expose him and create the swirl of bad press around him.
It's down right medieval in tact.

Brilliant metaphor!  Star
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: September 06, 2017, 05:15:18 AM »

Burning Man is an annual gathering that takes place at Black Rock City—a temporary city erected in the Black Rock Desert in Nevada. The event is described as an experiment in community and art, influenced by 10 main principles: "radical" inclusion, self-reliance, and self-expression, as well as community cooperation, civic responsibility, gifting, decommodification, participation, immediacy, and leaving no trace.

Ive been to Burning Man on a International service learning trip about Community and decommodification.  Sure theres celebs and lots of whacky crazy people & music.  But there is also the element of this massive event that leaves no trace and the feeling of inclusion and community amongst so many. 

Like anything, there is always elements of party and organisation to these type of events.

Can't these sentiments be achieved by doing community work? or helping the poor? Blink

G Blink

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: September 06, 2017, 10:29:59 AM »

Does "radical inclusion" mean having "one's" palace shared with refugees?

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: September 06, 2017, 10:42:35 AM »

It's self-reliance that Fred should be focussing on.  Probably thought it was a new form of drug rehabilitation. Thinking
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: September 06, 2017, 04:05:45 PM »

Frederik has an official visit to China from 23 - 26 September.  He'll visit Beijing and Guangzhou.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: September 07, 2017, 04:46:23 AM »

I wonder if Mary found out about this festival and his plans to attend at the last minute? Because suddenly she wasn't going with him. I could see him being a bit of an asshole and keeping it a secret from her, she probably found out by accident.
Sondra Finchley

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: September 07, 2017, 11:10:05 PM »

Finally found this news!

I lived "in the area" of BM for many years and had roommates go yearly. Christ the dust they would bring back would mean weeks of vacuuming the house. This was 15 years ago or more, before it got as big as it has now, but even then I couldn't imagine spending however many days out in the blinding sun and dust with people who were into all sorts of things that didn't really align with my values. Now hey, Im not one to judge and you go be you, but lets just say it wasnt a scene I would have sought out otherwise so really didn't feel the need to go do that in the middle of nowhere.

BM is essentially the new Coachella if you think of it. Too big, too popular, too much potential to be filled with narcissistic jerkbags (the Silicon Valley dudebro who invented that WiFi juiceroo was there too apparently) in the name of "art". Guess Fred fit right in!
PinkPanther

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: September 08, 2017, 06:06:11 AM »

Finally found this news!

I lived "in the area" of BM for many years and had roommates go yearly. Christ the dust they would bring back would mean weeks of vacuuming the house. This was 15 years ago or more, before it got as big as it has now, but even then I couldn't imagine spending however many days out in the blinding sun and dust with people who were into all sorts of things that didn't really align with my values. Now hey, Im not one to judge and you go be you, but lets just say it wasnt a scene I would have sought out otherwise so really didn't feel the need to go do that in the middle of nowhere.

BM is essentially the new Coachella if you think of it. Too big, too popular, too much potential to be filled with narcissistic jerkbags (the Silicon Valley dudebro who invented that WiFi juiceroo was there too apparently) in the name of "art". Guess Fred fit right in!

How fitting given that Juicero went out of business during the festival and is offering to buy back the largely useless, overpriced gadgets they sold.

Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: September 08, 2017, 11:25:12 AM »

Yup. 

Let's hope he "only" came home with a case of gonorrhea.

I've been to Burning Man more than once and like Wisdom said, the older you are, the creepier it is, especially if one is male.  Fred has no business attending this event.  He's free to do so, of course,  but it speaks volumes about his character.
Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: September 08, 2017, 03:25:09 PM »

Can't these sentiments be achieved by doing community work? or helping the poor

Excellent points! 

I think this is really "creepy uncle" territory. YUCK  Dead  I'd like to see proof he went to this silly display of  narcissistic privilege JMO WTF was he thinking?

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
caroline

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: September 09, 2017, 01:44:28 AM »

Can't these sentiments be achieved by doing community work? or helping the poor

Excellent points! 

I think this is really "creepy uncle" territory. YUCK  Dead  I'd like to see proof he went to this silly display of  narcissistic privilege JMO WTF was he thinking?

countess. He does not think. That's what's wrong with FRED. He does not think short or long term and does not have the gift of discernment.Otherwise he would have spotted Mary's disguise well before marriage.  That's why Mary wins. Because she Manipulates ( cunning way of thinking but still thinking) she plans and pounce. She's one step ahead of him everytime. Voila.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: September 09, 2017, 02:04:08 PM »

I agree with what you said except I won't give Mary that much credit. His stupidity means she doesn't even have to think that hard, he does this to himself.
leatherface

Big Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: September 09, 2017, 03:31:28 PM »

I concur Barrie.

Mary is a dim bulb as her attempts at out-manoeuvering any one other than Fred haave shown. However, Fred is too stupid to live and so hapless Mary has been transformed into the second coming of Niccolo Machiavelli when compared to Fred.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: