Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews  (Read 167988 times)
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: May 31, 2017, 02:21:55 PM »

Orangina, stop trying!! We could not care less, so you can give your PR minions break Clown

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: May 31, 2017, 04:19:37 PM »

I rolled my eyes so hard they fell out. Who freaking cares what she's wearing?

Lady Mellie

Mini Member

Antarctica Antarctica

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: May 31, 2017, 07:09:57 PM »

We'll never get rid of her.  Cry Cry Cry

And her hubby still seems at ease. Tongue I'm wondering how long he'll accept to deal with the pap walks.  Whistle
Valentina18

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: May 31, 2017, 07:25:36 PM »

Any hope of Pippa fading into the background into martial bliss after the wedding went out the window when she hired PR for her wedding to make sure brand Pippa stays in the limelight for years to come.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: May 31, 2017, 07:33:11 PM »

I only wish her sister would take note ... because Pipster has at least a fashion sense.

Her dresses often have an interesting touch either in color/pattern or cut, her handbags are mostly real handbags (not useless clutches) and her shoes are seldom simple court pumps.
Even here ... it's an espandrilla style wedge, hut the strap makes it so much more interesting than Kannots "trusted"  espandrilla wedge ...

So as much as it is unnecessary to report a single line on what Pippa does, fashionwise I prefer to her her over Kate ...

*and now you may beat me for that post*

Wink
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: June 01, 2017, 12:14:38 AM »

I only wish her sister would take note ... because Pipster has at least a fashion sense.

Her dresses often have an interesting touch either in color/pattern or cut, her handbags are mostly real handbags (not useless clutches) and her shoes are seldom simple court pumps.
Even here ... it's an espandrilla style wedge, hut the strap makes it so much more interesting than Kannots "trusted"  espandrilla wedge ...

So as much as it is unnecessary to report a single line on what Pippa does, fashionwise I prefer to her her over Kate ...

Wink

I agree with you about the way Pippa puts herself together.  If we  have to look at one of these sisters, I'd rather look at Pippa.  In all ways she is more interesting: a lithe body that seems legitimately slim and taut and toned rather than just starved; better, more integrated and attractive clothing and accessory choices; what we see of her hair seems like her own;  her smiles seem genuine and "normal".   And she and James look like a normal, unselfconscious couple to me.  They are going about their business - aware that the cameras are there, sure, but not staring at the cameras or putting on a show for them. It seems they are being polite and smiling nicely to everyone, and don't seem to begrudge the publicity.  They seem to be taking it with good grace so I am prepared to like them, I just wonder why on earth we are reading about them now. The big wedding is over.  There are no royal rels with them. So why  Why are their doings making the newspapers?   Their only claim to fame is that she is related to someone who is married to someone who will one day be a hereditary head of state.  This is media-manufactured celebrity.  How long will it last? 

Having said that, I am pleased they decided to come here and that they are having a nice time.  I am very impressed by their stamina.  Seaplane flight from the city to the Hawkesbury, then a 3 hour lunch (at a restaurant I have been to, and it is a very nice one, too) then a plane back to the Harbour and a change of clothes for a scramble over the Bridge, then another change of clothes and another restaurant meal.  They are certainly making the most of their time!
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: June 01, 2017, 01:16:33 AM »

Horse crap. That lazy B didn't draw that.

I also have a hard time believing she would've drawn this herself.

Probably ordered a sketch from some unknown artist and is now too lazy to issue any sort of statement on it.

does anyone know how to do an image search?

That'll bring it up who actually drew that drawing  

I tr d to do it but didn't have much luck Blush

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: June 01, 2017, 01:50:21 AM »

Even here ... it's an espandrilla style wedge, hut the strap makes it so much more interesting than Kannots "trusted"  espandrilla wedge ...

Wink

I agree with you about the way Pippa puts herself together.  If we  have to look at one of these sisters, I'd rather look at Pippa.  In all ways she is more interesting: a lithe body that seems legitimately slim and taut and toned rather than just starved; better, more integrated and attractive clothing and accessory choices; what we see of her hair seems like her own;  her smiles seem genuine and "normal".   And she and James look like a normal, unselfconscious couple to me.  They are going about their business - aware that the cameras are there, sure, but not staring at the cameras or putting on a show for them. It seems they are being polite and smiling nicely to everyone, and don't seem to begrudge the publicity.  They seem to be taking it with good grace so I am prepared to like them, I just wonder why on earth we are reading about them now. The big wedding is over.  There are no royal rels with them. So why  Why are their doings making the newspapers?   Their only claim to fame is that she is related to someone who is married to someone who will one day be a hereditary head of state.  This is media-manufactured celebrity.  How long will it last? 

Having said that, I am pleased they decided to come here and that they are having a nice time.  I am very impressed by their stamina.  Seaplane flight from the city to the Hawkesbury, then a 3 hour lunch (at a restaurant I have been to, and it is a very nice one, too) then a plane back to the Harbour and a change of clothes for a scramble over the Bridge, then another change of clothes and another restaurant meal.  They are certainly making the most of their time!

The difference between pimpy and Jimmy and IAMDiana and Billy the plumber is this: Pimpy married for the corporate contract. They have a ' agreement'  their marriage is a money making union made in corporate world. they both speak the same money language. sure they're in lust too. Now, as for IAMdiana, she thinks ' cause Ma Macbeth told her that she's in lust with Billy the plumber...but she's lost in that ideal...and Billy can't stand her. yup. no lust there. no money contract to perform. one is a successful business venture, the other is just an agreement 'cause the farmer needed a wife.

JMO, of course.

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
DejaVu

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: June 01, 2017, 03:03:55 AM »

Horse crap. That lazy B didn't draw that.

I also have a hard time believing she would've drawn this herself.

Probably ordered a sketch from some unknown artist and is now too lazy to issue any sort of statement on it.

does anyone know how to do an image search?

That'll bring it up who actually drew that drawing 

I tr d to do it but didn't have much luck Blush

G Smiley

I have done an image search but it just generates the same "Waity"-image.

Some of us have discussed the issue in this thread a couple of days before. I had then searched the chapel on the Web and found, that the sketch very much resembles the picture of St Mark's in the Wikipedia entry about Englefield. As another disher supposed yesterday, the photograph could have been used as a template.

Look at the two branches in front of the right part of the roof.

Yet others have suspected the sketch was created with the aid of some app that converts photos into sketches or with Photoshop. But as the execution of the sketch is not too skillful - look at the inconsistent porch - I think the creator is a human. (OR a very smart app that adds mistakes in order to make the drawing look "handmade").

And as there are at least two perspectives in the sketch - main building and porch - there could have been several photos serving as models.

I found hints of two artistic movements in this little sketch:

a) various perspectives of the same object = Cubism
b) smeary drawing of an idyllic church = Romanticism

... and I didn't even study art history.

Furthermore the askew placement of the porch is a typical Waity'ism. Did she ever wear a designer dress without alteration?

(All things considered, I think Waity is the creator of the sketch. I did some likeable drawings by copying from photographs when I was young, and I did not have much talent either, just patience. And, as some other disher stated, I also believe this drawing, in all its imperfection, is a sweet way of contributing to the sister's wedding.)

temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: June 01, 2017, 04:21:03 AM »

She took a photo of the church. Created a tracing, then made a sketch.

Or - she took a photo of the church, used a photoshop 'sketch' filter and made a 'sketch'.

Either way takes some patience and minimal art skills. There is no way she did that free hand.
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: June 01, 2017, 06:56:37 PM »

Sweating   Thanks, Temi. I was beginning to think that people who have very right to their own opinion were starting to say that she did draw this, and in my techno challenged mind I thought free hand. And no way. Not with that snail and house out there. I was  Nerves to say anything, since I know nothing about the apps and whatever, but free hand?  I think it was supposed to be viewed that way by the 'talent that hadn't had a chance to surface'    article. Yet again, we are supposed to believe in the magic of 'the ring' and title.  Unless of course I missed something, and that's a real possibility.

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Dianaist

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: June 01, 2017, 07:30:49 PM »

The way to figure out who cares what Pippa is wearing is to follow the money.

My understanding is that Pippa has a paid contract with Kate Spade to wear a specific outfit and get papped in it on a certain day. Sometimes the contract mandates being papped in a specific location too. Then when said photo(s) get published in places like the Daily Mail, they mention that Pippa is wearing Kate Spade and include a link to buy Kate Spade clothes. For every person that clicks on the DM's link to Kate Spade, DM gets a small payment from DM and possibly DM gets additional money for someone who actually buys a Kate Spade item.

Apparently Kate Spade and a certain other brands Pippa wears or gets photographed leaving/exiting (like the lux gym in London) in her pap walks believe PR/media researchers who claim that Pippa wearing their clothes or using their service/product is good advertising.

My guess is that Pippa's advertising value is aspirational. In other words her association with royal family plus her self-made wealthy parents and now her wealthy spouse inspires people who aspire to be like her to buy the product or service Pippa was photographed wearing or using. Certain people who admire Pippa may include those who want to work hard and become rich like Carole OR just marry a rich person, those are people Kate Spade clothing thinks would want to buy their clothes.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:38:08 PM by Dianaist » Logged
smf3000

Warned
Medium Member

Botswana Botswana

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: June 01, 2017, 08:01:47 PM »

The way to figure out who cares what Pippa is wearing is to follow the money.

My understanding is that Pippa has a paid contract with Kate Spade to wear a specific outfit and get papped in it on a certain day.

I think you're right Dianaist Thumb up

But the question is...why?
Aren't they rich? I mean, isn't that the whole point of them, that they have money?  Roll Eyes
Why not just go and live your life? I guess I'm just not understanding her desire to spend her honeymoon photographed in free clothing, which she can already afford.  Crazy

But then again, I'm not the Middleton with the famous 'bum of wonder'

Maybe her bum just tells her to do things, and she just has to go and do them Whistle 
(bossy bum)
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: June 01, 2017, 08:15:34 PM »

Well, well, well....so the moneymoon pictures were deliberate which we all knew anyway. I guess you'd need to be in a rarified environment to have article after article letting people know how much money you have, and the incredibly expensive tastes you indulge. I doubt that these people paid for much of anything, it appears that wealthy people get freebies that the rest of us have to actually pay for. I know it's their money to spend as they choose but personally I couldn't justify it to myself with people in such desperate need. Again, they probably didn't have to shell out much, if anything but it appears that all details of their ever so private lives are being sold. Perhaps those who are on the DM saying 'leave them alone' might want to consider that if they wanted to 'be left alone' they would be. End of. And I love the comments along the lines of 'hey, she's Pippa Matthews' now, she isn't going to ever give up the Middleton name, it's her business I know, but fat chance she isn't going to milk it for all it's worth. I mean really she is  the sister of the wife of the heir to the heir of the throne. The people who said this is going to be impacting the 'firm' were right, and the brand is getting cheaper by the day IMO.

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: June 02, 2017, 03:57:59 AM »

I was wondering why this topic has still new comments, I just read that we have -by accident, I'm sure (not) - pic from their honeymoon. Well, well, well... The Mids cannot resist to publicity. At least the couple looks very happy. Again, all the best. And it would be even better if they were happy and we didn't have the slightest clue Champagne

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: