Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews  (Read 167992 times)
Dianaist

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: June 02, 2017, 02:23:42 PM »

I rolled my eyes so hard they fell out. Who freaking cares what she's wearing?

The way to figure out who cares what Pippa is wearing is to follow the money.

My understanding is that Pippa has a paid contract with Kate Spade to wear a specific outfit and get papped in it on a certain day.

I think you're right Dianaist Thumb up

But the question is...why?
Aren't they rich? I mean, isn't that the whole point of them, that they have money?  Roll Eyes
Why not just go and live your life? I guess I'm just not understanding her desire to spend her honeymoon photographed in free clothing, which she can already afford.  Crazy

But then again, I'm not the Middleton with the famous 'bum of wonder'

Maybe her bum just tells her to do things, and she just has to go and do them Whistle 
(bossy bum)

I believe she does it because she really really likes being a D-list celebrity. Tanna tweeted "Pippa loves attention" on her wedding day. He knows the Middletons, so I trust his opinion.

https://mobile.twitter.co...us/865882992660578304?p=v

Also, I bet her product endorsements pay more than we think for a D-lister like her.

Don't forget in addition to free stuff, she negotiates contracts whenever she can for certain products or services to ALSO pay her to get papped wearing/using their thing. And she earns a licensing fee for any commercial photo published of her because she copyrighted herself and images of her when she set up her company PMX Enterprises.

I have no idea what she got paid for example to wear the striped Kate Spade dress the other day. But even if it's say a few thousand dollars, maybe she figures I will be papped anyway, might as well get paid for it while wearing a free outfit.

She is a brand at this point, no denying that. She apparently resonates with younger women who aspire to become wealthy and/or marry a rich guy, and/or value a healthy lifestyle.

To keep her brand alive, media attention is important. AFAIK she's still an ambassador for British Heart Association and they won't keep paying her expenses for doing bike races etc. plus paying her a salary to do those things if she doesn't get enough media attention to cause more people to donate money to BHA.

So I suspect her motivation for begging for media attention is all of the above. Per Tanna, she LOVES the attention of getting papped and since she's getting papped, she might as well get paid for it. To continue getting paid to endorse products she needs to prove she will get papped by being papped.

In 2014, not the book deal year, she earned 229,241!  That was for a handful of columns and pap walks endorsing products. Apparently there's more money in this than first meets the eye.

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ar-s-229-221-brother.html

Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: June 02, 2017, 04:00:30 PM »

And crappy, probably ghostwritten columns at that.

What a life.

PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: June 03, 2017, 12:25:54 AM »

Awaiting the final set of post-wedding pap photos at the airport for the return to the UK.
Then this topic can close and go away.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: June 03, 2017, 04:44:49 AM »

Awaiting the final set of post-wedding pap photos at the airport for the return to the UK.
Then this topic can close and go away.

I hope so, oh how I hope so Dead    

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Kittycat_dish

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: June 03, 2017, 10:19:45 PM »

Not sure if this was posted earlier...Pippa's tiara and headpiece:

Link to story about tiara:

http://www.vogue.com/arti...son-pelham-bridal-jewelry

PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: June 03, 2017, 11:50:09 PM »

Yup. About 10 pages back at least 3 times. Whistle

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: June 04, 2017, 11:37:10 PM »

the next quesition, of course, is who will jai'me marry to outdo both her  his sisters, huh?

Any spinsper Princess sitting on a shelf waiting to wake up and eat lots of mushy mushmellows??

wot about MT's daughter...would she be the one 

ahh Luv is in the air...

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: June 05, 2017, 11:57:05 AM »

Link to story about tiara:

http://www.vogue.com/arti...son-pelham-bridal-jewelry

That tiara is so ugly, it is worse than Sofia's lol!
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: June 05, 2017, 04:52:55 PM »

I will say one thing for this wedding: at least Pippa and James look genuinely happy. That alone gives this marriage half a chance.

Georgie

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: June 05, 2017, 10:34:35 PM »

delete
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: May 28, 2021, 01:56:39 AM »

Seven moments from Philippa's wedding that are exactly the same as Catherine's wedding   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zw7uZqZFQE
Nappyolean

Warned
Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: May 28, 2021, 03:53:48 AM »

Ok, so the 7 exact moments were more like what every single bride has: both wore veils, both had lace on their dress, both wore weight, both kissed their grooms, both rode away in a car...the only think Kate and Pippa had that was unique from other brides was both had Mike Middleton walk them down the aisle.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: May 28, 2021, 04:06:24 AM »

Seven moments from Philippa's wedding that are exactly the same as Catherine's wedding   

Thanks Cyril - that was very interesting!
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: May 28, 2021, 04:18:22 AM »

Thanks for that Cyril - very interesting.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: May 28, 2021, 04:20:19 AM »

Thumb up thanks cyril!  Enjoyed that.  I really hope their kids grow up together, nothing beats cousins for watching your back

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: