Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Red Cross ball  (Read 13853 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2017, 10:59:07 PM »

I absolutely love the jumpsuit - or rather the idea of it. It is edgy and fab and suits her perfectly. Unfortunately it fits her personality and general appearance much better than her body, which is a shame and quite a disgrace for the tailor, since I think there is nothing much wrong with it only that it is too small for her torso.
Additionally I think that the shoulders did indeed look very wide (heck Albert looked rather puny next to this Amazon), put heck who cares.
And to conclude it: I preferred her hairstyle in the red dress, this brushed up looks quite fierce. But perhaps it gives her a positive empowerment to at least look fierce, because I think she as a person is anything but.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2017, 12:52:43 PM »

But perhaps it gives her a positive empowerment to at least look fierce, because I think she as a person is anything but.

THIS.  Jumping
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2017, 05:08:12 PM »

I dunno. Her past as an olympic athlete suggests that she has a strong will but on the other hand, I could also see her as being quite gentle and soft spoken at the same time. Gentle but not a pushover. I've also often had the impression of a lioness looking after her cubs with her and the babies. I think, like all people, she can feel insecure but I also see her as someone who can be strong and fierce if something was to threaten her loved ones.

That said, I don't blame her for putting on armor/a mask with these events. I'd certainly find them intimidating.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:44:30 PM by Harley » Logged

Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2017, 06:02:05 PM »

Charlene is a pretty woman but when she dresses very fashion forward and edgy I think isn't her, looks like she's playing a role, of course IDK her but she seems to have a sweet, warm and delicate personality, not the frilly type but kind of ethereal little shy but confident outdoors and with regular people, especially children. Her body is the typical swimmer body with very broad shoulders and she wore strapless before looking great but the difference was a softer fabric and wider skirt to create a more balance silhouette.

I love this look on her  I think she looks absolutely beautiful,elegant and is totally her.

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2017, 06:45:38 PM »

She is simply perfection in that picture.

Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2017, 06:50:54 PM »

Charlene is a pretty woman but when she dresses very fashion forward and edgy I think isn't her, looks like she's playing a role, of course IDK her but she seems to have a sweet, warm and delicate personality, not the frilly type but kind of ethereal little shy but confident outdoors and with regular people, especially children. Her body is the typical swimmer body with very broad shoulders and she wore strapless before looking great but the difference was a softer fabric and wider skirt to create a more balance silhouette.

I love this look on her  I think she looks absolutely beautiful,elegant and is totally her.

This is so delicately elegant 
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2017, 08:01:03 PM »

When was this photo taken?  I'm struck by how sad her eyes look.....or is it just me ?

That dress is perfection on her!   

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2017, 08:18:12 PM »

When was this photo taken?  I'm struck by how sad her eyes look.....or is it just me ?

That was last year's  Red Cross ball
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:27:28 PM by Coya » Logged

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2017, 11:13:15 PM »

When was this photo taken?  I'm struck by how sad her eyes look.....or is it just me ?

I wonder if not part of what can look like sadness is her feeling very uncomfortable about being at these events. At certain events - especially those with children - she looks very happy and comfortable. After the twins she also look a lot more happy. I think they tried for a long time and possibly had some losses on the way. I feel she mostly just wants to be home with them all the time - which is understandable, if not doable in her position.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2017, 11:34:27 PM »

Yes  I prefer this look over the silver jumpsuit.   Thumb up    Honestly though, I do appreciated Charlene's adventurous fashion attempts even if I don't like them all.    Yes   Thanks for posting this flash-back snap.   Star

Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2017, 11:36:56 PM »

Not just you, I see it too; almost like she is on the verge of crying.     Sad       

loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2017, 09:23:00 AM »

Yes  I prefer this look over the silver jumpsuit.   Thumb up    Honestly though, I do appreciated Charlene's adventurous fashion attempts even if I don't like them all.    Yes   Thanks for posting this flash-back snap.   Star

this pic is from last year, few days after Nice's attack
mylady

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2017, 08:29:16 PM »

Video about the Red Cross gala this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hODUyEbqxWw
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: