Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victoria's 40th birthday  (Read 103576 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2017, 09:11:22 PM »

That sounds pretty normal. I've never lived anywhere where people didn't have blaring parties that got up the neighbors' noses at some point. You can always find at least one neighbor to complain about something.

Call me a prude but not to me. I know what a normal party is but I don't consider it normal if the party goes on over twelve hours and at a sound level that bothers people half a kilometer away. I did live next door to a guy once who had parties from four in the afternoon until noon the next day. He and his friends sang karaoke out of key for hours so loud it was impossible for anyone in the building to sleep. At some point they would wind down like they ran out of batteries, then start again full speed after a while. Turns out he was a drug dealer. I was so, so glad when he moved away (or was arrested, I don't know which). No more noise and no more prospective clients hanging around in the hallways of an otherwise respectable building.

Same here, this isn't normal at all. Parties like this happen rarely and when they do, they are tied to sth big, like a 40th as in this case. No one should take it as a given that neighbours regularly have loud parties.

The only way parties can go on like that is indeed only with the help of drugs. Cocaine for one will help with it and cocaine is notoriously used by "the rich and the beautiful".

I don't begrudge Vic's private bday party. The country and its people aren't that greatly off as some Swedes here note, but that really isn't a reason why anyone should cancel their private celebration of a milestone. People should rightly criticize any gauche extravagance (hired elephants or crazy stuff like that, extravagant food no one can afford etc), but to say that she shouldn't have had any party is too crass imo, she's still a human who wants to celebrate important milestones in her life with her nearest and dearest.

If the party went on like it is said, then shame on them for not respecting their neighbours. And as said before, the only way to party for many hours like that is only possible with the help of drugs.

Yeah, I've also never lived in a place where the neighbors partied hard like that.  Well, no, I take that back.  I did live in a sorority house in college, and our neighbors were three fraternities.  But in my adult life, or as a child, no.  I've never encountered that.  I even lived one block south of the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood for a couple of years, and even then I didn't have neighbors partying it up all night.

I also want to know how these adults are able to party all night like that without drugs.  I could go until maybe 2 AM, if I really push myself, but I'd need three days to recover. 
Zazoo

Small Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2017, 09:38:53 PM »

I would never thought that vic would party so hard I always thought she was the sensible responsible one if its like once in a year or something it's not a problem but every other day is disrespectful towards her neighbors!  Personally as an architecture student I 'm used to late nights like 2 hours in 2 days and I party when i have time like all night long but I know that once I reach my late twenties I will not be as able to do so as I am now ,I already need the brat diet for two days after it,it's really strange how middle age people (nothing wrong with that) can do such a thing 

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: September 21, 2017, 03:27:57 PM »

We have this one neighbour's account of the noise of the party. Perhaps he was just having his 15 min of fame.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: September 21, 2017, 04:57:39 PM »

We have this one neighbour's account of the noise of the party. Perhaps he was just having his 15 min of fame.

Of course it is possible. But this is not the first time I've heard about SRF and their parties. Pretty much every time there is a birthday party, wedding or whatever, it is reported (often with video clips) that they danced the night away well into the next day with music blasting away at high volumes so I'm not surprised at all. And it's not just young people or middle-aged, it's the old ones too. I think it was at CP's wedding where Silvia and CG were dancing away all tipsy to Avicii's music and there were pictures too of them leaving the party something like 6 a.m. The next day everyone was photographed getting into their cars around 10 a.m. looking cheery as ever, like nothing happened the night before.

It seems to me the moneyed classes party hard and much harder than most of us. Pretending to be tame but in reality... Would sort of help to explain why the princes seem to be drawn towards the most wildest party animals and marrying them (is the same true for princesses, perhaps). Well, all except Gui maybe.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2017, 11:52:56 AM »

Victoria at Gripsholm Castle today for the delivery of a portrait from the Friends of the Nationalmuseum to the National Portrait Collection. She was given a gift for her 40th birthday - a unique 40-year portrait of herself, taken by photographer Thron Ullberg at Haga Palace. The Friends of the Nationalmuseum donated the portrait to the Nationalmuseum, which is responsible for the Swedish national collection. In connection with the handover Victoria was given her own copy of the portrait.

Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2017, 12:32:29 PM »

I love the portrait and I think she looks great today too.
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2017, 04:28:47 PM »

The portrait:

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2017, 06:17:36 PM »

The portrait:

I really can't help it.......this portrait gives me the impression Vikkan is waiting for her horse to be brought to her (so she can go for horseback riding).........
AutumnOpal

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: November 08, 2017, 07:18:25 PM »

Yeah the collar and the low hair-do are definitely giving the equestrian vibe.

But hey--as long as she's riding that horse from Haga to the Royal Palace instead of her brother, we're all good with it! Champagne
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: