Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *Royal Ascot 2017*  (Read 30411 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2017, 02:56:12 PM »

Pics from day 1

Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum with princess Haya and their daughter

OT IDK if is the food, the water or anything else but I also noticed the girls start to have curves and their period  a lot younger than 15/20 years ago, which IMO is scary and dangerous. When I was a child, girls were an iron board until the age of 12-14.

Apparently because of the abundance of (calorie rich) foods etc. the body think a girl is sooner ready for motherhood/reproduction. I have heard that the onset of puberty starts earlier than in the time of our (great) grandmothers.
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2017, 03:13:43 PM »

I was 11. Pretty young for the late 90s!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2017, 03:18:03 PM »

Indeed that was even young for the early 90s.
I had one classmate a primary school, who started also around 11, which was a relative excemption (and a curiosity for us, the other girls). But in general we were told the onset, or having your 1st period, was in general around the age of 12 till 14. I was average with 13 Tongue.
After having had a quick and big growth spurt.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2017, 04:15:41 PM »

I started developing breast when I was eight in the early nineties. Some of us are just built like that.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2017, 04:15:53 PM »

Day 3

Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2017, 04:19:33 PM »

Prefer Sophie's dress and hat today.  This is such a lovely photo as well. 

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2017, 04:27:58 PM »

this is a nice picture of Zara and her Grandpa, he may not have been feeling well at the time, was admitted to hospital that evening.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2017, 05:28:14 PM »

With respect to the apparent early onset of the Sheikh's nine-year-old daughter, I have heard two explanations. One is that the further distance from the equator from  which your ancestors have come, the earlier puberty begins.  My own observations seem to bear that explanation in my family and circle of friends. We are extremely northern European and the girls in my family don't begin puberty until they are almost 14. And I have seen African-American girls who are friends of my daughters who seem to have been my girls to puberty by a country mile. 

This also may have to do with the adult height to which the girl will grow. There are some theories that girls who are going to be tall women are late to mature. Again, this is only a theory.  But I do know that girls often quit growing vertically soon after the menarche, while boys will sometimes continue to grow until they are 19 or so.

The second explanation is a bit more ominous and can be laid to the presence of two factors. One is the use of  antibiotics s in cattle and poultry. These then cross over into the milk and other dairy products, as well as the meat and eggs and disrupt the endocrine system. Secondly, a lot of plastics contain chemicals that are estrogen emulators, that can affect bodies the same way the hormone does. These are everywhere in our environment any longer. In fact, it's hard to avoid them. They are also affecting animals -- particularly those that live in water a great deal of time such as frogs and the like, because those plastic-related chemicals often end up in the water sources.

If you're interested further, you might want to take a look at this article from the University of California at Berkeley. It's not a scholarly article, so is understandable even for people without a background in endocrinology.

http://news.berkeley.edu/...na-deardorff-new-puberty/

To get back to the subject Ascot and fashion, I thought the Sheik's child was beautiful and suitable dressed. I don't know if the terrible heat we are having here on the west coast is of the same degree the U.K. is experiencing, but if it is, wearing white clothing that is not tight-fitting is certainly the most comfortable option. And I'm really glad they took the precaution of hospitalizing Philip, given his past health issues. Getting overheated and dehydrated could be really dangerous for someone of that age.

That said, I wonder if when it's really hot, if the queen will remove the her coat and just appear at Ascot in a frock and hat combo. It appears that most of her coats are wool, and even if it's a lightweight wool, that could be oppressive in the heat.  So far she's looked great and not terribly uncomfortable, but she's in her 90s and a lot of heat can't be good for her already.

My only other comment would be about Eugenie's Day 1 frock. If I remember correctly, the Queen Mother was said to be as abundantly endowed as Eugenie, yet we never saw her with the massive mono-boob look we saw on Eugenie. I'm sure part of the story is knowing how to dress, while another part is having adequate foundation garments. And maybe down the road, Eugenie might even want to consider breast-reduction surgery. I know several well-endowed friends who have had this done not for cosmetic reasons, but to lessen the strain on their backs, and they have been very satisfied with the results. Plus, they then have a much wider range of clothing options.

Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2017, 05:37:30 PM »

Sophie looks great. So do Beatrice and Eugenie today.

Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2017, 05:56:13 PM »

Alexander mcqueen should stop dressing Kate asap, they used to be an avant guard fashion house and she makes their clothes look like HM... so dull and uninspired, i would never guess that white lace table cloth comes from them, nor most of the other mcqueen she wears. Boring boring accessories also does not help
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:14:33 PM by Larzen » Logged
DejaVu

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2017, 06:31:37 PM »

I like today best - fashionwise. Love those bold colours and clear shapes without chichi. Especially the Yorkies look beautiful.

Is that Gabriella with the red hat, looking very diana-esk stylewise (choker!)?

@Larzen: Alexander McQueen was a genius and unique. Similarly outstanding creations can hardly be expected from Sarah Burton. But I agree, Waity is the worst figurehead the company (every company that is not specialized on, let's say, jeggings) can wish for.

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2017, 07:15:32 PM »

Someone should take notes  Whistle

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2017, 10:32:16 PM »

This is the best look for Beatrice in a very, very long time. She looks very good today. So does Sophie and Zara.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2017, 12:37:58 AM »

Indeed that was even young for the early 90s.
I had one classmate a primary school, who started also around 11, which was a relative excemption (and a curiosity for us, the other girls). But in general we were told the onset, or having your 1st period, was in general around the age of 12 till 14. I was average with 13 Tongue.
After having had a quick and big growth spurt.

I was the last in my group of friends and was nearly 14.5 years. I was very sporty and active so maybe that had something to do with it?

A work colleague just told us her daughter just started hers (at age 11). She said asked her doctor if that was the "new normal" and the doctor told her that in some cases it is earlier and that some doctors believe it is partially due to all the hormones given to animals, which we then ingest.    Shocked  She went on to say that some are as young as 9  and 10 but most are 12 to 14 as Principessa stated.

Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2017, 12:43:34 AM »

I've heard soy can increase estrogen, too.

I was fairly young amongst my friends, and being the smallest yet the youngest by far to get her period wasn't fun. I didn't get the nice figure though! lol

I love Sophie's hat, it's gorgeous, and I'm not usually a fan of those side-percher hats. The brooch is a fun addition that lightens up the outfit.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: