Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Red Cross ball  (Read 13564 times)
AutumnOpal

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 12:36:33 AM »

I'm not....completely sold on the dress, but her hair and make up look great.  Champagne
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 01:13:29 AM »

Someone mentioned her resemblence to Brigitte Neilson in another thread.
That's exactly what I thought. I don't think it's a good look for Char.
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 03:23:12 AM »

Are the legs semi-sheer?  Or do I need an eye appointment?

I can't decide if I like this look or no... Huh?

Yes, the fabric is sheer (diaphonous, they called it)...... its only the beading/sequins that prevent it being so at the waist/thigh area
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 12:02:18 PM »

I was indifferent about Charlene's outfit until I saw this picture.  Her clothes (like them or not) are always beautifully tailored but this one isn't. 

Crap

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 12:24:41 PM »

I am not a fan of this outfit. It look way too tight and makes her shoulders look gigantic Crazy Crazy

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 12:52:38 PM »

Is it the dress or is it her body structure? Goodness shes got wide shoulders and a small head. I honestly dont think this dress suits her frame.. Huh?

Keen!
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 01:40:55 PM »

Is it the dress or is it her body structure? Goodness shes got wide shoulders and a small head. I honestly dont think this dress suits her frame.. Huh?

It's the dress that creates this cleft below her shoulder blades.  In this pic from the Princess Grace Awards, you can see that she does not naturally have that cleft so this Valentino number isn't well tailored to her.

Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 01:42:42 PM »

It's the dress that creates this cleft below her shoulder blades.  In this pic from the Princess Grace Awards, you can see that she does not naturally have that cleft so this Valentino number isn't well tailored to her.

Ahh! I see! Thanks  Wink

Keen!
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2017, 02:12:50 PM »

Ahh! I see! Thanks  Wink

Beer
Lizardcandy

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2017, 04:45:09 PM »

Her super short hair emphasizes her tiny head in proportion to her large shoulders, imo
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2017, 05:18:13 PM »

she has a swimmers body, cannot do anything about it anymore. If you body is conditioned that way from youth on, it carries throughout your life. She might have had broader shoulders as a child, but this was emphasized through swimming. I swimmer's body is like a triangle, broad shoulders, narrow waist. In Charlene's case she was a backstorck swimmer, so her upper body (shoulders, back) is trained to carry her weight/length through the water fast. And that's what it is, and won't change.

that said, the jumpsuit does not fit right in the back, and since this is custom made, it's a bad fit.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 05:31:27 PM by PeDe » Logged

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2017, 05:55:36 PM »

I was indifferent about Charlene's outfit until I saw this picture.  Her clothes (like them or not) are always beautifully tailored but this one isn't. 

Crap

I don't like this at all on her.  It's just not flattering, and it almost looks like it's really painful to wear.

I wish Charlene would grow her hair out a tiny bit.  I'm not wild about this super short style on her.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2017, 06:22:04 PM »

No, she can't change her body shape, but she can dress in a way that camouflages it.

DO - Use geometric lines other than horizontal to distract and break up the width of the shoulder line.  

DON'T - Create another horizontal line to make people focus on the width of the shoulder line.

It's dressing 101 that neither Char nor Mosh learned.  Roll Eyes
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2017, 06:53:32 PM »

you are right, but why should she camouflage it? That's her body, and she cannot change that. The difference to Mary, that Char didn't starve herself to death to make her body look different. She didn't change her figure.

Her insecurity, living in vain Monaco, was her irregular teeth and her face. She was insecure about her looks, hence all the unfortunate plastic sugeries. If she would have left her face alone, and if done something, fixing her teeth, that would have sufficed. But alas that's what we have today.

Lizardcandy

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2017, 07:48:38 PM »

you are right, but why should she camouflage it? That's her body, and she cannot change that. The difference to Mary, that Char didn't starve herself to death to make her body look different. She didn't change her figure.

Her insecurity, living in vain Monaco, was her irregular teeth and her face. She was insecure about her looks, hence all the unfortunate plastic surgeries. If she would have left her face alone, and if done something, fixing her teeth, that would have sufficed. But alas that's what we have today.

Credit where it's due. You're 100% right that Char has a gorgeous, healthy, sporty body. It's a shame about her insecurity with her lovely face, she's a beautiful woman. Sometimes I wonder if I had unlimited money and much public critiquing about how I look physically, if I wouldn't go the mary, char, leti, raina route and have tons of plastic surgery instead of the vic, max, anne and camilla route and have limited work done and retain the character of age and experience. I'd like to think I'd do the latter but that's so much pressure for a young woman, I can understand how it happens.

Her hair doesn't flatter her shape, but it does flatter her personality, hair and lifestyle. The red dresses above are awesome examples of showcasing her best and the silver onesie lets her down.

Monaco must be a nightmare for a sensitive woman, I really feel for her a lot of the time :/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: