Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen/ DoE : news & photo's  (Read 1054466 times)
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #4755 on: December 01, 2020, 09:55:04 PM »

Yikes! Staffer stealing from Buck House.

https://people.com/royals...selling-ebay-adamo-canto/

This is not a shocking development for anyone who has household staff.

The possibility of theft is the main reason my mother refused to have household staff for her not so small house.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4756 on: Yesterday at 01:01:11 AM »

Yikes! Staffer stealing from Buck House.

https://people.com/royals...selling-ebay-adamo-canto/

What a dummy. Signed photos?  At least the silver candelabras might be worth something melted down.

And stealing someone’s medal is just 14 shades of wrong.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4757 on: Yesterday at 10:13:54 AM »

https://www.nu.nl/achterk...t-jaar-rustige-kerst.html

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip celebrate 'quiet Christmas' this year

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip spend the holidays at Windsor Castle for the first time since 1987. The royal couple will celebrate a "quiet Christmas" there, a spokesman for the British royal family reports on Twitter on Tuesday.

The decision was taken as a result of the current corona measures in England, which are comparable to those in the Netherlands.

"The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have therefore decided to have a quiet Christmas in Windsor this year."

The couple also spent time at Windsor Castle during two previous lockdowns in England. Until 1988, the British Royal Family also celebrated Christmas here. After that year, the holidays were spent at Sandringham, the family's coastal country house in Norfolk.
jolene

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4758 on: Yesterday at 05:37:13 PM »

It makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised that they start having Windsor Christmases in the future. The Yorks, Wessexes, Eugenie already have homes nearby and the castle would accommodate those who are driving in better than Sandringham. Never understood why they always did Norfolk. 
Royaltyfan

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4759 on: Yesterday at 06:36:55 PM »

It makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised that they start having Windsor Christmases in the future. The Yorks, Wessexes, Eugenie already have homes nearby and the castle would accommodate those who are driving in better than Sandringham. Never understood why they always did Norfolk. 

I can't exactly remember why they switched to Sandringham in 1988, but I think 1988 was the year renovations where carried out at Windsor, the renovations which caused the big fire in 1992.
I guess that after a few years spend at Sandringham they simply liked that "new" tradition more. It happend a lot in the family during that time, maybe they prefered to stick with NEW for the kids or so.

I carry your heart with me, I carry it in my heart, I am never without it... - E.E. Cummings
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4760 on: Yesterday at 08:02:22 PM »

I've always had the impression the Queen and many of her immediate family members always use to head off to Sandringham almost straight after Christmas Day to spend the rest of the holidays at Sandringham. The time at Windsor seemed then to mainly be to allow the whole RF to gather, celebrate the day then head off to do their own things.
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: