Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine and Chris expecting third child  (Read 41379 times)
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2017, 10:20:54 PM »

Oh, thank you. Well, sometimes Madeleine doesn't seem to be very clever in such things. Remember the open baby wishlist which revealed Leonore's due date and gender?

I think it's quite harsh to say that it's stupid to enjoy sitting at a restaurant, telling your friends you're expecting What, she has to stay locked up in a castle to have something close to a normal life? If so, she's not get paid enough!

I didn't use "Clever" as the opposite of stupid. Perhaps language problems, I don't know a better word. Knowing the media I would have been more careful (both times), but that's just me.

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2017, 10:27:25 PM »

I think it's quite harsh to say that it's stupid to enjoy sitting at a restaurant, telling your friends you're expecting What, she has to stay locked up in a castle to have something close to a normal life? If so, she's not get paid enough!

Every move Madeleine makes is criticised and pulled apart.  I don't get it.  Some people get away with things that need criticism and here's Madeleine, just trying to live her life. She was just out at dinner with friends - what could be more normal than meeting up with friends and sharing everyone's news? 

Truly, the problem is just that people in the public eye (esp at times when they are constantly in the news, during calmer times perhaps not so much) have to be more careful than average Jane & Joe. It is a shame that she can't just get out & about like most people (I do have a soft spot for her I must say), but one of the downsides is that she has to be careful..

Madeleine and Chris get an disproportionately unbalanced media portrayal so I just want to say to this lovely baby news another  Champagne

They deserve very many positive vibes and celebration  Hug

I agree, they are one of the few people in the public eye (or more to the point: royals) that I care about and am genuinely happy about good news such as this!

I agree with the bolded part. I always wonder why high profile people are often so careless. She has been through some ugly things due to the press and she is a mature and media experienced royal. That should make her very cautious in public when it comes to big personal news. There doesn't have to be a reporter nearby nowadays. Someone with a smartphone is enough recording and posting it on social media. You cannot expect privacy in a public place like a restaurant. Why not invite your friends to your place when your have such big news to tell them and go to the restaurant on another day? It's not that she has to stay hidden in a palace but she needs to use some common sense like we all have to. Unless that wasn't an accident...  Spiteful
Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2017, 11:59:14 PM »

Oh, thank you. Well, sometimes Madeleine doesn't seem to be very clever in such things. Remember the open baby wishlist which revealed Leonore's due date and gender?

I didn't use "Clever" as the opposite of stupid. Perhaps language problems, I don't know a better word. Knowing the media I would have been more careful (both times), but that's just me.

Even in one's native language often the best words & phrasing leaves us at the best of times!  Wink

Maybe "clumsy"?  Thinking
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2017, 03:52:45 AM »

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris!!
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2017, 04:52:36 AM »

this news is a travesty Real mad

Now Snakey has to have triplets to out-do Maddie's news  Icecream

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
lellobeetle

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2017, 06:06:17 AM »

Happy Baby News for Chris and Maddie! 

Imperial Majesty

Small Member

Madeleine's reaction to the wedding

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2017, 07:27:50 AM »

G Smiley

Sofia can't announce a pregnancy without Vic or Madeleine getting pregnant as well.
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2017, 10:04:19 AM »

Even in one's native language often the best words & phrasing leaves us at the best of times!  Wink

Maybe "clumsy"?  Thinking

Thank you! Star

G Smiley

Sofia can't announce a pregnancy without Vic or Madeleine getting pregnant as well.

This is the funny part.
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2017, 10:12:17 AM »

Language sure is a tricky thing on the internet  Beer

One more thought I had about announcing a pregnancy.  I clearly think that if Madeleine and Chris wanted to tell friends in a restaurant, they absolutely can and should. 

At the same time, I remember the way some friends revealed pregnancies.  During a normal weekend, we would go out to dinner, drink wine and they (not me) would smoke cigarettes.  When a friend chose non-alcoholic drinks or declined to go outside for a cigarette, friends would guess.  Wide eyes, a knowing look, a facial expression - and then burst into happy laughter or tears when they confirmed the news.  Someone sitting at the next table would certainly know the revelation even if no one said the words 'I'm Pregnant!'

She can want to tell friends AND be disappointed the news was out early.  Both are equally her right.

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2017, 10:50:57 AM »

Language sure is a tricky thing on the internet  Beer

One more thought I had about announcing a pregnancy.  I clearly think that if Madeleine and Chris wanted to tell friends in a restaurant, they absolutely can and should. 

At the same time, I remember the way some friends revealed pregnancies.  During a normal weekend, we would go out to dinner, drink wine and they (not me) would smoke cigarettes.  When a friend chose non-alcoholic drinks or declined to go outside for a cigarette, friends would guess.  Wide eyes, a knowing look, a facial expression - and then burst into happy laughter or tears when they confirmed the news.  Someone sitting at the next table would certainly know the revelation even if no one said the words 'I'm Pregnant!'

She can want to tell friends AND be disappointed the news was out early.  Both are equally her right.

I disagree. Of course she can tell her friends in a restaurant but if she does she has to deal with the consequences. Translated to a normal person's life I think it's similar to telling your friends some important news while your nosy neighbour is sitting at the table next to you in a restaurant. No one is going to stop you from saying what you want to say but common sense tells you the next day many people beside your friends will know your news too.  Wink
Madeleine and Chris are in a unique position because of her family. So they either have to adjust to the challenges that come with that not very normal life like they have to regarding security problems the average person doesn't have, the royal work or the perks due to being royal, or they have to deal with things not going as planned. But she didn't complain, so I guess she knows and accepts the advantages and disadvantages of it.
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2017, 12:17:16 PM »

According to Margareta Thorgren:  Madeleine and Chris did NOT tell their friends.

– Vi fick indikationer på att den här informationen började bli känd, säger Margareta Thorgren
– Vi vill vara proaktiva i kommunikationen och då gjorde vi en bedömning att det var bättre att ge korrekt information på en gång och att det kommer från rätt källa, det vill säga hovet.

Madeleine & Chris hade inte ens hunnit berätta om graviditeten för sina vänner.
– Men övriga kungafamiljen har vetat ett tag, säger Thorgren.

- We received indications that this information became known, said Margareta Thorgren
- We want to be proactive in communication and then we judged that it would be better to provide accurate information at once and that it comes from the right source, that is, the court.

Madeleine & Chris did not even tell their friends about the pregnancy
- But the other members of the royal family have known for a while, says Thorgren.

http://stoppapressarna.se...hovet-agerade-blixtsnabbt
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2017, 12:34:14 PM »

Sofia is probably ticked LOL! She can't catch a break!
If only family knew then I think we know who leaked. SSsssssS
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2017, 01:08:00 PM »

But why? To have the time in the limelight after the birth by herself? This is so weird. Once again.  Confused
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2017, 01:44:40 PM »

But why? To have the time in the limelight after the birth by herself? This is so weird. Once again.  Confused
I agree that it seems very strange but if only the family knew about this, S seem to be the most likely to accuse for the leak. Maybe someone of the palace staff is responsible?

MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2017, 02:18:58 PM »

I didn't hear any rumors.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: