Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Olympics  (Read 4633 times)
Rebecca

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 08:29:16 PM »

Russia banned from competing in 2018 Winter Olympics

http://www.dailymail.co.u...nter-Olympics-doping.html
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 10:04:13 PM »

At least the the clean atheletes will be allowed to skate as neutral. It would really be a shame of these kids who were too young to be in the last lympics had to miss their chance. But it's really amazing that there will be no 'Russians' on the podium. In figure skating, USSR/Russia has had such dominance for decades. For 12 straight olympic games the pairs gold was won by Russia. 7 of those olympic champions were trained by one coach, Tamara Moskvina. At 2 of those games, she also trained the silver medalists.
KimmySue

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 10:20:33 PM »

It sounds like Russia might prevent its athletes from participating as a neutral. It is sad for those that are clean and trained hard to earn their spots. Will be an interesting Olympics!
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 11:00:23 PM »

I am shocked they actually did it, but the evidence was overwhelming. Considering how much russia bribed the IOC to get Sochi and what a mess that was... It's a shame for the clean athletes.

Duchess of Verona, I've read Ksenia Stobolva and Fedor Klimov won't be allowed to compete as she was given a suspension a year or two ago for meldonium in her system..
genegal43

Mini Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2017, 04:24:04 PM »

Wow, wow, wow!  I couldn't believe it when I saw the headline popped up yesterday afternoon. 

All I can say, the Russians must have pissed off the wrong people, so IOC decided that they finally had enough and slapped the ban on them.  I don't know, that's just the feeling I get from this situation...

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2017, 05:26:18 PM »

I think it was the fact that the olympics were in Sochi when this happened. Apparently the testing room was right next door to a storage room and they made a passthrough in the wall  so they could switch the samples. Really, for a country who was so dominant in some of these sports, was it neccessary to cheat so egregiously ?
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2017, 12:00:29 AM »

I guess it was considering how many were doping.

I'm shocked they did it, but glad. This has been an issue for a long time. It's a shame for the clean athletes but what else can you do when a whole government sponsors this cheating and supports it?
Aubiette

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2017, 12:08:29 AM »

Wow! I do find it very sad for the athletes doing things the right way.
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2017, 02:52:36 AM »

About damned time the dopers are penalized, and it was so evidently systemic within the Soviet and post-Soviet era. Disgusting.  Nono

cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2017, 03:24:11 PM »

Since the Olympics where in Sochi, they just swapped out the blood from a storeroom with clean blood. Anyone know why it took so long to figure out? Same with Lance Armstrong. Why years later to the figure out doping but not at the time?
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2017, 04:20:49 PM »

Medvedeva pulled out of the Grand Prix final with stress fractures in her foot. Hopefully she will be back for the Olympics. She's hot favorite for the Gold.
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2017, 04:41:21 PM »

@cordtx
The test methods develop and so do the doping methods, the latter always one step in front.

If they still had blood from, say, Florence Griffith Joyner, maybe the modern methods would bring out why her fabulous records still stand after 3 decades ...

Doping has thrown a shade over so many kinds of sports ... look at cycling, Armstrong was only the tip of the iceberg, they ALL did it, and nowadays, you'd give each an every Tour de France winner a side eye ...
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2017, 04:59:38 PM »

any truth to Trump pulling the US put of South Korea?
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2017, 04:11:38 AM »

I doubt it. I don't think anyone will pull their athletes. France and Austria I believe talked about it too but I can't see that happening.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2017, 01:32:13 PM »

The US UN Ambassador and later the White House said that the participation was under discussion and the door was opened to a non-participation. But soon after, the US Olympic Committee issued a statement saying they were never contacted over and there was no discussion, for then it was business as usual and the delegation is travelling to Suth Korea.

The White House Press Secretary then tweeted that the athletes would go and participate in the games.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: