Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Olympics  (Read 25434 times)
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2017, 06:49:44 AM »

any truth to Trump pulling the US put of South Korea?

wish someone would dope test Trump  Secret

G Secret

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Kaiserin

Huge Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2017, 08:22:41 PM »

LOL, I am sure that all that chemicals in the orange spray tan and that pissyellow hair dye used over decades found it's way into his veins ... question is whether it's performance enhancing or rather the contrary, which would then not qualify as doping.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2017, 01:38:26 AM »

Thanks for the answer Kaiserin
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2018, 11:12:56 PM »

woohooo Winter Olympics

The trade in dog meat South Korea doesn't want Olympics tourists to see is exposed at market where they are slaughtered, chopped up and served in bubbling red broth for just $8 a bowl
Dogs and even puppies are sold openly for food in Moran market, Seongnam, outside of Seoul, South Korea.

Acutely aware of the worldwide reaction to eating dog meat, Korean authorities have urged citizens not to consume the animals during the Winter Olympics, which begins Friday, - but pictures show their request is futile.

The images show around two dozen caged dogs in a freezing, darkened dungeon, twitching at the slightest noise, their nostrils full of the stench of slaughter.

Outside their cages, whole, halved and quartered carcasses fill the tables of meat stalls, their fur burnt off but their paws still attached. Cauldrons of boiling dog meat steam away in a shop front.

Next door restaurants serve up bosintang, the dog flesh-rich soup, that many Koreans believe boosts the diner's sex drive, for 8,000 South Korean won, less than $7.50 or 5.20.

Authorities had claimed to have closed the dog trade aspect of the market - but it continues and instead there is an attempt to ban photography.

The brutality is a far cry from the friendly image South Korea wants to project.

AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2018, 11:50:29 PM »

woohooo Winter Olympics

The trade in dog meat South Korea doesn't want Olympics tourists to see is exposed at market where they are slaughtered, chopped up and served in bubbling red broth for just $8 a bowl
Dogs and even puppies are sold openly for food in Moran market, Seongnam, outside of Seoul, South Korea.

Acutely aware of the worldwide reaction to eating dog meat, Korean authorities have urged citizens not to consume the animals during the Winter Olympics, which begins Friday, - but pictures show their request is futile.

The images show around two dozen caged dogs in a freezing, darkened dungeon, twitching at the slightest noise, their nostrils full of the stench of slaughter.

Outside their cages, whole, halved and quartered carcasses fill the tables of meat stalls, their fur burnt off but their paws still attached. Cauldrons of boiling dog meat steam away in a shop front.

Next door restaurants serve up bosintang, the dog flesh-rich soup, that many Koreans believe boosts the diner's sex drive, for 8,000 South Korean won, less than $7.50 or 5.20.

Authorities had claimed to have closed the dog trade aspect of the market - but it continues and instead there is an attempt to ban photography.

The brutality is a far cry from the friendly image South Korea wants to project.

We've had SOI dogs at the rescue, they are the most gentle and grateful souls you will ever meet. Unfortunately, it's a pervasive problem throughout Asia, not just South Korea. The Soi dogs we have had came from Thailand for example. Thank you for raising awareness of this tragic and ignorant practice PeDe! Star If you want more information on Soi Dog Foundation, please follow the link (warning, graphic images): https://www.soidog.org/
Aubiette

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2018, 12:01:31 AM »

woohooo Winter Olympics

This is so beyond disgusting and sickening that imo they never should have been granted the Olympics in the first place. To do the things they do to Gods most loving and trusting creatures is vile but truly no words can even begin to do it justice.
Edited to say that what is done to all creatures consumed for food is despicable but I have watched the beatings to tenderize and release adrenaline that these dogs endure and I just can't take it.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2018, 10:04:10 PM »

thanks Addie  Star

People don't even care > > Dog meat on the menu for Olympic tourists: Restaurants ignore official orders to stop serving the food in region where Winter Games are held.Dog meat restaurants in Pyeongchang, where the Winter Olympics opening ceremony will be held on Friday, have disregarded a government request to stop serving the food.

and it brakes my heart because of hardened evidence of canine's close bond to humans

Ancient grave containing the remains of a dog suggest humans shared an emotional bond with canines 14,000 years ago - and even took care of them when ill. A veterinarian analyzed teeth from the ancient grave of a dog for the new report, and found it was ill for weeks before death. It would not have survived that long without help from a human.

Dogs and humans sustained loving relationships with each other as many as 14,000 years ago, new research has proven. Scientists now believe that a previously discovered dog that was buried 14,000 years ago was sick for weeks and cared for by its owner before its death. Veterinarian Dr Luc Janssens has argued that the dog would not have survived as long as it did without the help of a human. Dr Janssens analyzed remains that were discovered in 1914. The grave dates back to the Paleolithic era, and scientists believe the contents of the grave are 14,000 years old.
It is the oldest known space where dogs and humans were buried together. Additionally, it comprises some of the earliest evidence on dogs' domestication. Dr Janssens's new research, which was published in the Journal of Archaeological Science, proves that dogs were not only domesticated but also cared for.

Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2018, 03:36:18 PM »

Just watched the opening ceremony live.

Tidbits:
Bach preaching, telling the athletes that only by being playing by the rules and staying clean, they can have a true, worthy olympic experience and life long memories. (it took a while for the audience to react to that)
The Organizing Committee president, telling the world that sports can indeed unite, the Koreans from North and South walking together, etc etc.
The Russians under the Olympic flag, not being boo-ed. Surprisingly.
The artist singing Arirang, being photobombed by someone in red (who was quickly removed)
The athlete guy from Togo Tonga again - bare chested and shiniy like a shiny thing. Niiiiice.
The guys from Bermuda, wearing bermudas and freeing their nuts off in style.
6 countries first time competing in the WO; Ecuador, Kosovo, Eritrea, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.  (Madagascar already debuted in 2006)
S. Korea's president shaking hands with Kim's sister twice.  (then again, she's just a private person, right?) World, this IMVHO is Asian diplomacy (or should I say, Korean?) at its best. Stop shouting, keep your composure, just smile and have lunch.
Imagine - again. Was it better than Gaga at the European Games? Or at the closing of London 2012?
It sure was a powerful message.

Anyway, Yu-na Kim lighting the olympic flame on skates was my Moment.
(She should have won in 2014, but hey, she's an Olympic champion anyway)

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 05:09:20 PM by Pomme » Logged

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2018, 04:14:32 PM »

Our ARD was incredibly bad prepared for this  Ranting. They had no idea about the long speech in Korean and told us, "sorry we had no idea abbout this, no idea what they have been talking about". They actually managed to identify the Lux delegation correctly but did mistake Henri for the PM Xavier Bettel  Nono. But the ceremony as such was great  Thumb up
ortensia

Warned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2018, 04:39:22 PM »

i'm at work and didn't follow the ceremony,pity because i like fireworks.
were there fireworks?
Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2018, 04:55:05 PM »

Our ARD was incredibly bad prepared for this  Ranting. They had no idea about the long speech in Korean and told us, "sorry we had no idea abbout this, no idea what they have been talking about". They actually managed to identify the Lux delegation correctly but did mistake Henri for the PM Xavier Bettel  Nono. But the ceremony as such was great  Thumb up

Really? But there are so many German participants!
The speech was subtitled on Dutch National TV, even though Eurosport has bought the majority of the broadcasting rights.
Basically in Holland we'll have almost full live coverage (if that is possible) on 2 Eurosport channels. National TV bought the rights for the live speedskating (of course) and some other stuff. Ski/Boardcross and Ice hockey are Eurosport exclusives.
Anyhoo, tune in to Dutch TV to get coverrrrred in sports.

I know MaxWax were there (a friend whatsapped me a pic from the stadium while they were shown their seats, quite close by!!) but they weren't shown when the Dutch athletes entered the statdium. Just PM Rutte.
Henri, FatAl, no Freddles, obviously.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 05:10:32 PM by Pomme » Logged

Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2018, 04:57:34 PM »

i'm at work and didn't follow the ceremony,pity because i like fireworks.
were there fireworks?

Yes yes lots of fireworks, right from the beginning.
And hundereds of light-carrying drones, making the Olympic rings.
Commentator saisd over 500 pyrotechnicians for the fireworks?
Wouldn't surprise me, place exploded!
The fun bits will be broadcast again I am sure, otherwise there is always Youtube...

Enjoy!

(cute Italian flagbearer by the way!!)

ortensia

Warned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2018, 06:04:59 PM »

^^^ Star grazie bella!baci( kisses)😘😘😘😘😘😘😘🎆🎆🎆🎆🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ruby for July

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2018, 06:45:10 PM »

Some pictures and videos from the Fail - I know, I know,  but they usually have great pictures Grin

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ds-state-shake-hands.html

The lightning of the cauldron was wonderful : the two female hockey players from both North and South Korea ascending the stairs together!  and Yuna Kim iceskating was a vision of pure grace  

I loved the Tonga flagbearer, poor boy must have been freezing ! Same for the Bermuda flagbearer whose nose matched his red shorts...

Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2018, 09:50:24 PM »

GD Henri and Al when the Lux delegation (1 athlete) came into the stadium. Looks like Henri did forget his Lux flag this time, so he used his beanie to wave 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: