Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ugliest wedding dress & bouquet?  (Read 7034 times)
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2017, 03:11:09 PM »

I have no idea who she is but that is one unfortunate wedding look  Yikes

She's the only daughter of an Earl. I realize that she is a model, but that dress is what I expected Slitzerella to show up in.
Olya

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2017, 10:01:54 PM »

I, too, hate that so many women want to wear basically a nightgown or lingerie as a wedding dress.  I wouldn't call Dolly Parton extravagant.  Celine Dion, on the other hand...ooph. Her vow renewal was so over the top. She looked like the Queen of Sheba on a litter. You've got to have a robust ego to be comfortable appearing like that.

Related to dresses, I like something along these lines...

Beautiful!!!  Thumb up

Imo there's no excuse for bad taste..  Thinking Confused
Paulina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2017, 11:02:07 PM »

I've always thought whoever designed the first strapless wedding dress should have been hung, drawn and quartered and their designs burned.  But that's just me... Whistle

No, not just you. 

I third this sentiment.

I fourth this sentiment. Only those of beautiful shoulders and posture should wear strapless and never for a wedding.

Let's found a society.

I'm in !!!

Paulina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2017, 11:05:37 PM »

https://thenypost.files.w...p;strip=all&strip=all

I hope the link works. I think Jacqueline Kennedy's was one ugly, ugly dress, even if it is considered iconic by now. Overall, her style was amazing, but not her wedding dress.
onar

Large Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2017, 11:27:53 PM »

https://thenypost.files.w...p;strip=all&strip=all

I hope the link works. I think Jacqueline Kennedy's was one ugly, ugly dress, even if it is considered iconic by now. Overall, her style was amazing, but not her wedding dress.
I find ugly one the circular ornaments in the skirt, other than that I really like the dress!

Pomme

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2017, 09:53:36 AM »

#1  Danica  the Kendo Apprentice  (also, most underwhelming bride evah)
# 2 Laurentien, International Poster Girl for Dutch Dress Sense (which is nonexistent - EVERYTHING she wears is either ewww or meh or makes me want to hurl myself off a bridge. And don't get me started on her utter neglect of her Marys...)
# 3 NQM Our Lady Saviour Milkmaid  (There's only so much you can not like about a wedding attire, that includes the attacking jasmine (or was it orange blossom?) in her bouquet.)

As for the flowers: MM's guirlande is quite entertaining, but my vote goes to the phallic pink monstrosities at Snakey's wedding.

PS I had an all white bouquet of 100 sprigs of Lily-of-the-Valley (and some of their leaves; bridesmaids had a smaller bouquet). Quite boring, but it smelled wonderful.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2017, 11:04:32 AM »

Tbh, some of the bouquets were not to my liking, but I totally love it when the flowers have some sort of meaning to the bride.
I liked the idea of the very norwegian traditional version, that Mette had, even though as a bouquet, I didn't like it. I also liked the idea of incorporating australian plants ans flowers for Mary. Sadly her florist was not quite the master of his trade. Some people opt for very boring bridal bouquets and I wonder if their florist simply was soo boring or whether they were?
(I remember a horror scenario, which has now passed into the realm of anecdote, but back then it was tragic: a friend of mine married at the registry, but still wanted a little bouquet, her usual florist made lovely little creations, very inventive and unusual. When I went to pick up the flowers, I couldn't believe my eyes: the bouquet consisted of horrid pink baby roses with white baby's breath in the most conservative and boring version (together with the white plastic lacy plate underneath). The wonderful florist had taken sick and asked another florist to cover for her. Sadly the two "artists" could not have been more different. Needless to say, we took the bouquet apart and reassembled it with parts of the shrubbery found along the way....)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2017, 07:43:09 PM »

When my youngest was married, money was very tight. Her dad had died not too many years before and left us without much. So her wedding was on a real shoestring.  The morning before the ceremony, we went out to a flower farm and picked all the flowers for the wedding: for the ceremony, the reception, the bridesmaids and the bridal bouquet itself.  Then we sat around the table -- the bride, her cousin, several little kids, a friend of mine who was the officiant, and me -- and we made all the bouquets and arrangements. The bride's father's name was William, so we incorporated some sweet william (Dianthus barbutus), as well as roses, lilies, and baby's breath, and a little rosemary for remembrance and a few sprigs of myrtle. I think I also used some cornflowers (bachelor's buttons) for color. It didn't look florist-fancy, but my daughter loved it, so much so that she couldn't bring herself to toss it at the end of the reception, but took it with her on her honeymoon.

I am reciting this anecdote only to say that sometimes people will incorporate elements into their wedding bouquets not so much for the aesthetic value as for the sentimental meaning.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2017, 03:23:46 PM »

And I am sure, the memory of this bouquet is something she will always treasure as well as the time spend with you making it. This kind of pride and joy can't be bought at a fancy florist's boutique. Hug

BTW, the fact that Mary had her bouquet delivered to her Mom's grave in Scotland was something that touched me quite a bit. I thought it was a lovely gesture.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2017, 06:21:16 AM »

And I am sure, the memory of this bouquet is something she will always treasure as well as the time spend with you making it. This kind of pride and joy can't be bought at a fancy florist's boutique. Hug

BTW, the fact that Mary had her bouquet delivered to her Mom's grave in Scotland was something that touched me quite a bit. I thought it was a lovely gesture.
[/b]

the gesture would have touched me, too, dear Fairy, if it was hand delivered by MEdiana Snare

She sent it up with some courier ( no I don't care who it was with!!).

I remeber thinking at the time, that it should have been delivered there by her and then she could have gone off on her money-moon. Dead

As it was, it was only a PR excercise.

Nothing more.

MEdiana did not give it another thought. heck, I suspect, she didn't even think of this gesture - some anonymous beuracrat thought it be great PR for our new ahrm...princess.

Over and out

G Crap

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
emtishell

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2017, 06:55:53 AM »

and this one...the lace stuffed in the taffeta top looks so bad, the pleated bust, and the "bustles" on the back...nope

If you're belief dictates modesty, then don't chose a sweetheart neckline dress, easy-peasy

What a pretty bride though! Its a shame, the lace neckline is lovely, and its ruined by that weird pleated bodice. I donít mind the back.
emtishell

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2017, 07:09:21 AM »

[/b]

the gesture would have touched me, too, dear Fairy, if it was hand delivered by MEdiana Snare

She sent it up with some courier ( no I don't care who it was with!!).

I remeber thinking at the time, that it should have been delivered there by her and then she could have gone off on her money-moon. Dead

As it was, it was only a PR excercise.

Nothing more.

MEdiana did not give it another thought. heck, I suspect, she didn't even think of this gesture - some anonymous beuracrat thought it be great PR for our new ahrm...princess.

Over and out

G Crap

Another example of Maryís obsession with the BRF, IMO...... I love that Queen Elizabeth (the Queen Mum) LEFT her bouquet at the tomb of the unknown soldier on her way out of the Abbey, in tribute to her brother, and that this has become a tradition for royal brides since (not to leave it though!)...... canít help but think this is what she was aiming for
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: