Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ugliest wedding dress & bouquet?  (Read 13088 times)
lizzie78

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2018, 03:07:50 AM »

and this one...the lace stuffed in the taffeta top looks so bad, the pleated bust, and the "bustles" on the back...nope

If you're belief dictates modesty, then don't chose a sweetheart neckline dress, easy-peasy

I do love that veil though! 
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2018, 03:20:47 AM »

I nominate Princess Astrid of Belgium!

I am giving my nod to Astrid as well. I believe those sleeves are known as "leg o'mutton" but considering their size it might be better to call them leg o' brontosaurus.

For those who are knocking HIRH Duchess Kathleen's gown...that will cost you either 10 "Hail Mary's" or at least one dozen Korn rosaries. I accept PayPal now. 

Those sleeves resemble parachutes. She could have jumped from a plane down to the church instead of arriving by car.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2018, 03:24:16 AM »

Good to see you, TLLK! Beer
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2018, 03:37:13 AM »

Back at you editor!! Beer
Oh_Caroline

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2018, 04:32:15 AM »

and this one...the lace stuffed in the taffeta top looks so bad, the pleated bust, and the "bustles" on the back...nope

If you're belief dictates modesty, then don't chose a sweetheart neckline dress, easy-peasy

My grandmother would call this false modesty--the church "requires" covered shoulders so you make a dress work for that but you can take the modest bit off as soon as the pictures are over.   Kate's dress reminds me of that too with the long sleeves and deep v-neck right between her breasts.   If royal brides need/want a modest gown they can easily have an elegant gown designed to work with their body type and venue's needs/families's requirements rather than slapping some sleeves on any old dress.
Chandrasekhi

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2018, 08:24:08 PM »

I have to say I looooove MM's bouquet, the colour the flowers, the length...everything.

It is so different to the other silly bouquet's that look like a flower pot without the pot...often times too heavy, too big, too  - MM's looks like you picked flowers form the heath, and braided all into a lovely plait.

I loved MM's bouquet as well. It was so unique and it went well the her wonderful dress and veil. Not to mention that I've always liked bouquets that are not all white. When Victoria married she had a white one but when she got on that boat she was given a little bouquet of white and purple flowers and it looked perfect.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x...27de97fb9d45795de1042.jpg

I've never really understood the tradition to have all white bouquets. It looks like funeral flowers to me, especially if it consists of calla lilies. Come to think of it I can't remember anyone picking out a white bouquet in any of the weddings I've been to.

I can't understand why Mary picked this mess:

She would have had a wonderful opportunity to combine flowers from Denmark, Australia and perhaps even Scotland with the usual bridal flowers and she went with that. I can imagine several different bouquets that would have looked better. Then again she also chose the origami flap dress and wore the veil in the ugliest possible way, so...
One hot mess!! The hair was awful too. Is there any royal who can pull off hair parted down the centre?
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

So sincere and not fake at all...

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2018, 09:10:51 PM »

I have to say I looooove MM's bouquet, the colour the flowers, the length...everything.

It is so different to the other silly bouquet's that look like a flower pot without the pot...often times too heavy, too big, too  - MM's looks like you picked flowers form the heath, and braided all into a lovely plait.

I loved MM's bouquet as well. It was so unique and it went well the her wonderful dress and veil. Not to mention that I've always liked bouquets that are not all white. When Victoria married she had a white one but when she got on that boat she was given a little bouquet of white and purple flowers and it looked perfect.

I've never really understood the tradition to have all white bouquets. It looks like funeral flowers to me, especially if it consists of calla lilies. Come to think of it I can't remember anyone picking out a white bouquet in any of the weddings I've been to.

She would have had a wonderful opportunity to combine flowers from Denmark, Australia and perhaps even Scotland with the usual bridal flowers and she went with that. I can imagine several different bouquets that would have looked better. Then again she also chose the origami flap dress and wore the veil in the ugliest possible way, so...
One hot mess!! The hair was awful too. Is there any royal who can pull off hair parted down the centre?

Not sure... A couple of Princess Royals have tried but not sure they succeeded either.

Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2018, 10:39:06 PM »

Not sure... A couple of Princess Royals have tried but not sure they succeeded either.

I think she looks good with her hair parted at the middle

Chandrasekhi

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2018, 08:35:02 AM »

Star Star Great finds, Suzerain, Coya! Anne for the win. It seems to work because her hair has incredible volume.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: