Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nobel Prize Awards 2017  (Read 84420 times)
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 07:33:59 PM »

The Swedish Academy is shaken by what has to be its worst scandal ever in connection with #metoo.
It has been speculated if members should resign, if the way the closed Academy functions and works can continue.
Some people want to boycott this year's Nobel Prize Ceremony and even dissolve the Academy.
Male members have made public misogynic statements long before this, so I'm not surprised.
Statistics concerning the ratios female/male laureates, and female/male members of the academy also speak loud and clear.
The man in question is now accused of five rapes/other cases of sexual harrassment.
https://www.dn.se/kultur-...ccused-of-sexual-assault/
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 12:30:21 AM »

I had forgotten how hideous Sofia's green dress from last year was. Yikes

Her pink sparkly one looked hideous as well, as cheap as it could be... or maybe it’s Sofía who makes everything look like trash 🤔

It's Sofia who makes everything look cheap and trashy...

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Passing Stars

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 12:52:25 AM »

The Swedish Academy is shaken by what has to be its worst scandal ever in connection with #metoo.
It has been speculated if members should resign, if the way the closed Academy functions and works can continue.
Some people want to boycott this year's Nobel Prize Ceremony and even dissolve the Academy.
Male members have made public misogynic statements long before this, so I'm not surprised.
Statistics concerning the ratios female/male laureates, and female/male members of the academy also speak loud and clear.
The man in question is now accused of five rapes/other cases of sexual harrassment.
https://www.dn.se/kultur-...ccused-of-sexual-assault/
WOW!!!  Time to clean house.  The pendulum always swings and it looks like 2017 had some REALLY huge misogynistic moments (as well as rape and sexual assault) and now we’re seeing signs of change in the air.  Hopefully 2018 will be a year of celebrating strong women.  The SRF will probably not go unscathed if the tides go that way  Thinking
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 03:29:06 AM »

Her pink sparkly one looked hideous as well, as cheap as it could be... or maybe it’s Sofía who makes everything look like trash 🤔

She even managed to look trashy in that modest and conservative traditional costume during the christening.

How awful regarding the academy.  I won't hold my breath waiting for the king to make a statement regarding this.   Roll Eyes
princessfeedme

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 06:54:13 AM »

She even managed to look trashy in that modest and conservative traditional costume during the christening.

How awful regarding the academy.  I won't hold my breath waiting for the king to make a statement regarding this.   Roll Eyes

Last year's fashion was disappointing on all fronts. Everyone just looked frumpy. I hope Madde and Victoria redeem themselves this year.
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 09:05:00 AM »

^The King has made a statement regarding metoo.  We should go back to more  morals and ethics.  Laughing
In Sweden metoo has been more or less of a revolution.
It must be more than 50 000  women now from different trades and branches,  who have signed appeals with horrific stories of sexistic crimes and assaults they have suffered in their professions. They won't stand for it anymore.
One of the latest petitions was signed by 10000 doctors.
Passing Stars

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 01:31:26 PM »

^The King has made a statement regarding metoo.  We should go back to more  morals and ethics.  Laughing
Blink  Laughing OK King...  lead the way
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 02:31:09 PM »

Man that’s rich coming from him with  his disgusting personal behavior and his acceptance of the morally corrupt* Sophia

(*credit to RHOBH for the term  Icecream)
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 03:39:10 PM »

Laura @Japanese_Ginger
Princess Madeleine will not attend the Nobel Banquet due to pain in her back because of pregnancy. @HeavenQRF and I believe it's the first royal event Chris will attend solo.

Link to Expressen’s story :https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/kungligt/madeleine-hoppar-av-nobel-pa-grund-av-graviditeten/

She will still attend the Ceremony and the Laureates Dinner the following day , just not the Banquet after the Ceremony
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 03:44:20 PM »

In Sweden metoo has been more or less of a revolution.
It must be more than 50 000  women now from different trades and branches,  who have signed appeals with horrific stories of sexistic crimes and assaults they have suffered in their professions. They won't stand for it anymore.
One of the latest petitions was signed by 10000 doctors.

You have got to be kidding me.  What a joke.  He's the biggest sleaze bag currently sitting on a European throne right now.  He has no room to tell anybody how to behave.  Start with yourself, CG. 
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 05:02:25 PM »

EDIT: I mis-read the article and I also failed to notice that someone else already posted about this  Blush

Madeleine will be at the Nobels just not the banquet  Thumb up
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 05:15:15 PM by Phina » Logged
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 05:06:40 PM »

Madeleine will not attend the Nobel Prize Ceremony due to back pain relating to her pregnancy.

I am glad that Madeleine is taking rest where she needs it.  At the same time, I will really miss her fabulous Nobel style.  I hope she feels better soon.

Chris will attend without her - his first solo appearance at royal event.

https://www.expressen.se/...pa-grund-av-graviditeten/

Not sure if its the translation but sounds like she'll still be there in gowns and tiaras just shorter appearances.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 05:13:00 PM »

She will attend the Nobel ceremony but not the banquet that follows it. The back pain does not allow her to be seated for too long. The Nobel banquet takes ages, so she will be missing it.

We will still see Madde in a tiara and a gown. Snake is disappointed Clown

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 05:14:01 PM »

Sorry for the confusion, I will edit!  Phew, I'm glad Madeleine will be there  Champagne
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 05:18:16 PM »

It's understandable that she won't go. The banquet takes several hours and you're not even allowed to leave the table for a bathroom break. But I'm sure Chris will manage just fine without her  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: