Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christening of Prince Gabriel - December 1, 2017  (Read 50706 times)
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« on: October 23, 2017, 02:04:42 PM »

The invitations have been sent out. The christening will take place in The Royal Chapel at Drottningholm Palace. The court won't reveal exactly how many people are invited but no less than Alexander's christening last year.

https://www.svenskdam.se/...kat-ut-inbjudningskorten/
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 11:28:44 AM »

New details of Gabriel's Christening:

The Christening will be broadcast by SVT (watch online at www.svtplay.se)

11:00 to 11:40
Guests arrive at Drottningholm Palace Church

12:00
Baptismal Service

13:00
The royal couple hosts a reception at Drottningholm Palace

There will be a 21 gun salute from Skeppsholmen.

If anyone would like to send a Christening gift to Gabriel, the Princely Couple wish that you would first think of donating to the Princely Couple's Foundation or to Project Playground.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:00:19 PM by Phina » Logged
Lizardcandy

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 04:48:55 PM »

I'm confused about when this happens.
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 04:51:04 PM »

I'm confused about when this happens.

December 1st. 

I didn't repeat it in the new info because the date was already in the thread title  Beer
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 08:36:18 AM »

Since Gabriel will be the first cousin to be baptised in a really cold weather, it was decided that the walk the family usually takes after the religous ceremony will be shorter than the traditional one.
https://www.expressen.se/...ip-tvingas-andra-i-dopet/

"the Archbishop won't be the one who will baptised Gabriel, as tradition.
Now, Carl Philip and Sofia are forced to make further changes in the baptism they arrange.
"It's the season that makes it happen" says Margareta Thorgren, information manager at the court.

Prince Gabriel's baptism will differ significantly from previous royal baptisms - all of which have followed the same tradition.
First, Archbishop Antje JackelÚn will not baptize Gabriel. It is the first time in modern royal history that an archbishop does not baptize a prince or princess.
The decision is because JackelÚn is absent on mission.
But now there is another change of Gabriel's baptism.
In all previous baptisms, the King family, as they left the church, walked along the king's private road to enter a reception at Drottningholm Castle.

It has been a long walk when the royal - and other guests - appeared to the public, often gathering to see the festivities.
"There will be another way"
But now the court announces that the promenade will not FOLLOW the way we previously knew.
- At a previous date, the parents, with the child, have gone out and walked around the castle church and then entered the reception. This time there will be another way. It will be shorter- says Margareta Thorgren, information manager at the court.

Instead of walking around the castle church, royalty and other guests will take a much shorter path. Photo: OLLE SPORRONG
It means fewer opportunities for the public to look at the royal and their guests.
"Many of the public, but also the media, are interested in watching if they themselves can not be in the church. However, the baptism is transmitted in SVT, just as they did with all previous baptisms.

The reason for the shorter walkway is simple. Carl Philips and Sofia's baptism takes place on December 1 - in the winter. Earlier baptism in modern times has taken place in the summer or autumn. Now it's getting too cold with a long walk.
"It's the season that makes it happen this time," says Margareta Thorgren.

Here you can see how the road changes.
Court: "A lot of cultural history in a royal baptism"
However, there is a risk that the weather will be so bad that the promenade can not be completed according to the new planning.
"If the weather is too rough then there is a plan for it. But the plan is for guests to walk this promenade to reception, although it will be slightly shorter.
The court expects a lot of public and media interest in connection with the baptism.
"There is a lot of cultural history in a royal baptism, and of course we are pleased to convey to the public. For example, we now have a baptismal site at kungahuset.se where visitors can read about the many traditions that exist around a royal baptism that goes a long way back in history."

chocolate_angel

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 09:49:30 AM »

I applaude the shorter way back into the palace as there should not be a big platform for Snakey to be in the spotlight...
but Snakey will be sad because there is less camera whoring for to do...
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 11:23:28 AM »

This christening will be interesting to watch. I still remember how cold Victoria acted towards Sofia during Alexander's christening, which was surprising to see considering how warm and friendly Victoria usually is towards the people around her. Madeleine did not look very thrilled either. Not that I blame them, but if they can't act happy even when they know the cameras are on them, things must be really bad..

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 11:32:56 AM »

I applaude the shorter way back into the palace as there should not be a big platform for Snakey to be in the spotlight...
but Snakey will be sad because there is less camera whoring for to do...

nah. snakes can slither very very sloowly...on the stoney path Snare

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 02:36:59 PM »

Who wants to bet what Snakey will be wearing? A Silvia/Vic/Kate copy dress? A headband resembling either a tiara or something Vic has worn?  Thinking I bet she will have that ridiculous hairstyle again with the middle parting that looks like she's wearing a granny wig.

I think we should make a bingo card for the event... How about this..? Feel free to turn it into a drinking game too if you want.

I hope that includes all...  Thinking

Large image here in case someone wants to print it: http://oi65.tinypic.com/311t5ol.jpg

Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 04:21:51 PM »

Why have they not announced the godparents? I wonder who it will be.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 04:24:18 PM »

Why have they not announced the godparents? I wonder who it will be.

Godparents are usually not announced until the day before, IIRC. Pretty sure Madeleine and S's younger sister Sara will be chosen this time.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 12:24:07 AM »

Yeah, that was stupid of me and not funny.

It will be interesting to see if Madde will be one of the godparents.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 12:58:14 AM »

Who wants to bet what Snakey will be wearing? A Silvia/Vic/Kate copy dress? A headband resembling either a tiara or something Vic has worn?  Thinking I bet she will have that ridiculous hairstyle again with the middle parting that looks like she's wearing a granny wig.

I think we should make a bingo card for the event... How about this..? Feel free to turn it into a drinking game too if you want.

I hope that includes all...  Thinking

Large image here in case someone wants to print it: http://oi65.tinypic.com/311t5ol.jpg

Laugh bounce Laughing Star

All of the above will happen, plus some awkwardness between CG and Hoefia and or CP. 

I think that the other sister (Sarah?) will be a godparent, plus maybe the sex offender guy who just threw that party for Project Playground a month or two ago and maybe Madde.  No clue on the others. 

It's a given that her trashy family will be sitting there looking smug.  The bigger surprise would be if they weren't.

I also suspect Hoefia will be in an outfit that is either similar to something Vikkan and Madde are wearing on that day, or have worn at some point during the week before the christening.  Roll Eyes  Oh, and at no time will Greaseball be allowed to hold the baby.   Roll Eyes
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 01:07:06 AM »

That christening bingo is hilarious A big  Star for you!
AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 04:19:38 AM »

Yes Suzerain, a big Star from me too, it made me laugh! You need a square for 'Snakey wears something so tight her nipple pads show' Beer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: